3.90 star(s) 39 Votes

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
I doubt that they would dare to ban a perfectly fine site with the photos of muslim women in burkas. They would get the point, but that wouldn't classify as "politically loaded" site, so they just wouldn't dare.
It could attract some additional and unwanted attention by the same duchebags, though. More reviews, deeper digging etc. Harrassment, basically, until you move away yourself.

Reactions: Adoringfan

echilog

Oct 28, 2017
I doubt that they would dare to ban a perfectly fine site with the photos of muslim women in burkas. They would get the point, but that wouldn't classify as "politically loaded" site, so they just wouldn't dare.
It could attract some additional and unwanted attention by the same duchebags, though. More reviews, deeper digging etc. Harrassment, basically, until you move away yourself.
I was just makeing a joke, about their headhunt against anything mildly offensive :)

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
Nice move from Luxee, but what if indeed Patreon staff are liberal edgelords who will take offense to this and crack down even harder? Let's hope they can take a joke. Paypal's policy is against sexual content and services. Nudity is not sexual content.

Reactions: Adoringfan

ManicMinxy

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
So after waiting through whole weekend which apparently the Patreon staff doesn't work through I get this reply:
"Your account is still violating .

Per our guidelines, we have zero tolerance for the glorification of sexual violence, and this includes depictions of sexualized minors, non-consensual sex, incest, and bestiality. This extends to any shota or loli content, since this type of content exclusively references characters who are minors.

Content glorifying sexual violence cannot be funded by or linked to or from your creator page in any way."

I'm not sure whether the problem is with Alexa or explicitly with "incest"... In the case it will be a long while until my patreon is up again. Sadly it also means that I will be losing last month's patreon funds which I don't necessarily mind.

Keep you all updated!

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
So after waiting through whole weekend which apparently the Patreon staff doesn't work through I get this reply:

Per our guidelines, we have zero tolerance for the glorification of sexual violence, and this includes depictions of sexualized minors, non-consensual sex, incest, and bestiality. This extends to any shota or loli content, since this type of content exclusively references characters who are minors.

Content glorifying sexual violence cannot be funded by or linked to or from your creator page in any way."

I'm not sure whether the problem is with Alexa or explicitly with "incest"... In the case it will be a long while until my patreon is up again. Sadly it also means that I will be losing last month's patreon funds which I don't necessarily mind.

Keep you all updated!
Ask them what specifically the violation is.

echilog

Oct 28, 2017

Keep you all updated!
sigh..that sucks man, maybe you could reach out to one of the other developers and ask what they did, to get it back up.

atleast 3 of my supported patreons were suspended this month, and only your site is not up again.
spoke to one of them and he said, it had alot to do with what you show on your FRONT page.

good luck. :)

Reactions: Synergy_

ManicMinxy

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
sigh..that sucks man, maybe you could reach out to one of the other developers and ask what they did, to get it back up.

atleast 3 of my supported patreons were suspended this month, and only your site is not up again.
spoke to one of them and he said, it had alot to do with what you show on your FRONT page.

good luck. :)
Yeah ! Patreon is based in America and I think a lot of the time when message them its a day they are not working. I've tried messaging them 5 times and only to get one response, nothing specific, saying I have either loli or incest material

Reactions: phreadom

GolumsMum

Oct 9, 2017
They only work 9am to 6pm PST so which means I only have one hour where our work time collides...
Keep your chin up. Been supporting you since early on and will continue to do so, the work you have done since those early builds has been well worth the wait, and I'm sure most of us can continue to wait until these gets resolved.

Also feel your pain re US support times, you have an application that stops working on a Monday here in NZ you can pretty much write the day off.

derpdurp

Jun 16, 2018
Cool game, a bit different vibe than a lot of the other games. Which is great. Hope you can keep expanding it. Might hop onboard to your patreon later on in the fall. :)

Reactions: ManicMinxy

ManicMinxy

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
So after more than a week and skipping through 3 different people from the Patreon team they decided to say that :"As you may remember we updated our community guideline in October last year to clarify the type of projects you cannot fund on Patreon. It includes incest game... In order to reinstate your page, you will need to start a new project or change the storyline in this game."

I ended up deleting all the links to download the game and they responded with this:
Capture.JPG

Keep you updated~

M

echilog

Oct 28, 2017
best of luck.
I really wonder how people get around it. There are many other "incest" games on patreon.
guess you'll have to change the story somehow.

-> You are an adopted child who finally gets in touch with your biological mother and sisters who you thought you never had! <-

this probably have to go away :D

Retro

Retired
Former Staff
Sep 7, 2017
So after more than a week and skipping through 3 different people from the Patreon team they decided to say that :"As you may remember we updated our community guideline in October last year to clarify the type of projects you cannot fund on Patreon. It includes incest game... In order to reinstate your page, you will need to start a new project or change the storyline in this game."

I ended up deleting all the links to download the game and they responded with this:
View attachment 120648

Keep you updated~

M
Thats fucking rough brother.

nahcQ

Jun 27, 2018
I hope they give you back the page and then you can figure out how to proceed. Rewriting the story to remove any family relations, half-, step-, blood- or whatever, would probably be the surest way to let you keep hosting the game. A third party, TOTALLY unlicensed patch modding some of that content back in, hosted here or elsewhere could easily keep things from getting into any more trouble.

Reactions: ManicMinxy and KiGa

sdfgjhdfszbg

May 7, 2017
PATREON Y U DO DIZ!!
But honestly..wtf with this bs witch hunt....aren't they also losing money by closing/suspending dev/artist pages?
I'm guessing its a pain in the ass to see your creation getting put down just cause its not patreon friendly. Perhaps making it patreon friendly and having " someone" make a mod to restore the incest. I know they're not dumb, but legally they wouldn't be able to do anything about it since you'll be following their rules.

Hope you'll be able to your ur thing m8, cause its really awesome!

blahblah25

Respected User
Apr 19, 2018
NOOOO I hope the incest doesnt get removed from the game but like he said he may just do bars on there names or something or just put the patch up here really hope he gets his page back up really great game

ManicMinxy

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
Hi Everyone!
I have sent in a revised version of the game (essentially the demo with all the incest related terms blocked out.) It has all the new $20 Custom Art in it. I sent this in at 8:30 AM PST and no one has replied even though it is well within their working hours.

Let's just see how this goes...

M

3.90 star(s) 39 Votes