3.90 star(s) 39 Votes
Mar 14, 2018
I've just played through the whole thing from the beginning to avoid compatibility issues. The last update was so long ago that I don't even remember what was already in it and what wasn't before the sauna scene. I understand your situation but I'm sorry, that changelog was clickbait. I expected an entirely new H-scene reading that.
Burying content like this is not nice. Not just because you've been away for so long, but because it usually fucks the code up and forces us to start from the beginning. I've dropped a ton of great ongoing games because of this and now you too just got me to replay a game that I already liked from the beginning for no good reason. I know, it was an update for the Patreon staff, but then don't get us all excited like that. :FeelsBadMan: Just release a "code change only" update next time, if you have to.
I prefer to not replay every game from the beginning every time something happens in them. That's kinda the charm of linear games. I just pop in every now and then to see what was added and then I move on. Updating old parts is a dick move, especially in a completely linear game where I am allowed to make mistkes and lock myself out of content by moving on with the main plot.
I wish you the best, just please don't do this again!
I feel like most of your problem here inescapbly lies with the patreon update model that's grown up.

Linear story games of some fashion are easily the most common type to create. And of course, in general, you might only play them once when getting the full value out.

However since no adult game is mainstream and there are no mainstream funding sources for them, no developer can get a large upfront sum of cash, spend that cash slowly over 2 years fleshing out a game, then releasing the finished thing to the public to play through the entire finished story.

The independent funding model grows up from a lack of trust, the public don't just want to collectively throw a huge amount of money at developers they might not know, might not trust to finish a project, and can't form a strict contract with.

So they trade a trickle of money for a trickle of updates. If one stops, the other can also without any huge loss of investment.

And of course this doesn't work well for any linear story. If it only gets slowly updated over time, you only get to play new content at a trickle pace. It's like getting to watch a 12-episode TV series but you only get to watch the thing over a year or two, rather than in 12 weeks. And exascerbating that is the fact a game isn't a TV show, it's interactive, has extremely many working parts, and unless you design its framework perfectly from the start, you can't just "add on" content one bit after another a lot of the time, you've also got to integrate and change the game as a whole as its constructed, meaning compatibility breaks.

However if you don't like the trickle, you can always do the thing you'd normally do for mainstream content (that you're forced to): just be patient and wait the requisite year or 2 years for the project to be finished, and then play it when it's finished. If you choose to play the incomplete product, 1/4 through its production timeline, that's somewhat your own fault. Of course you'll have to suffer through trickles of updates afterwards.

It's utterly pointless blaming creators for this, until you/we can find a funding model that could give them a lump sum to finish their projects in private, and only release the finished game in public.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
I think it's caused by the incest patch. The file name of the incest patch should be "script.rpy". However, it becomes to "script.rpy.rpy". Below is what I did. Hope it helps.
1. delete the "script.rpy.rpyc"
2. delete the original "script.rpy"
4. rename the incest patch "script.rpy.rpy' to "script.rpy"
that gave me a "variable not defined" error with _menu in the interaction section, but i left the incest patch out completely.

IF YOU START A NEW GAME AND ENTER "FAMILY" THE CENSORSHIP IS DISABLED FOR THAT SAVE
no need for incest patch.

Grimlock

Jan 6, 2018
that gave me a "variable not defined" error with _menu in the interaction section, but i left the incest patch out completely.

IF YOU START A NEW GAME AND ENTER "FAMILY" THE CENSORSHIP IS DISABLED FOR THAT SAVE
If i try to do that i get We don´t have that option for the time being... would you like to use cencorship?

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
without the quotes of course. i did the same and had no issue. the code is as following:

Code:
    $censorship = renpy.input("What is the relation between women in this game to you?")
    if censorship == "Family" or censorship == "family":
If you just type family into the line, it'll be fully uncensored incestous glory.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017

I doubt that what you said will matter much, because I've been saying the same thing on every one of the 5 last pages (at least it feels like I have).
Also, old saves will work fine and without censorship if you use this patch:

It's just a fix for old saves to make them work the way they were started and fix the undefined vpunch1 error that keeps popping up on one of the possible paths of the game.

If i try to do that i get We don´t have that option for the time being... would you like to use cencorship?
Make sure your caps lock is off, only "family" and "Family" are the working keywords (no quotes, spaces or punctuation!), not "FAMILY" or "FaMiLy"

Reactions: ManicMinxy

pastera

Jun 19, 2017
Dang you are the only person ever who has said that really weird guess it’s just you tbh
I somewhat agree. The mom's face really doesn't do anything from me. It's not pretty, she had a large build with dude shoulders. She isn't attractive. I am also somewhat turned off by the sibling that always show her tongue. I mean who does that constantly? The rest is great thought.

On another note, I am trying to decide if I should play it or not. there are a lot of posts and I don't want to spend 2 hours reading them all so I'll just jump in. But I am surprised at the change log. 3k renders for 1 sex scene? What's with the ratio?

blahblah25

Respected User
Apr 19, 2018
I somewhat agree. The mom's face really doesn't do anything from me. It's not pretty, she had a large build with dude shoulders. She isn't attractive. I am also somewhat turned off by the sibling that always show her tongue. I mean who does that constantly? The rest is great thought.

On another note, I am trying to decide if I should play it or not. there are a lot of posts and I don't want to spend 2 hours reading them all so I'll just jump in. But I am surprised at the change log. 3k renders for 1 sex scene? What's with the ratio?
I think this was already established like maybe a page or two ago and to each there own as to far if you want to continue playing that’s all up to you my man :biggrin:

ninja_robot

Jan 29, 2018
I feel like most of your problem here inescapbly lies with the patreon update model that's grown up.

Linear story games of some fashion are easily the most common type to create. And of course, in general, you might only play them once when getting the full value out.

However since no adult game is mainstream and there are no mainstream funding sources for them, no developer can get a large upfront sum of cash, spend that cash slowly over 2 years fleshing out a game, then releasing the finished thing to the public to play through the entire finished story.

The independent funding model grows up from a lack of trust, the public don't just want to collectively throw a huge amount of money at developers they might not know, might not trust to finish a project, and can't form a strict contract with.

So they trade a trickle of money for a trickle of updates. If one stops, the other can also without any huge loss of investment.

And of course this doesn't work well for any linear story. If it only gets slowly updated over time, you only get to play new content at a trickle pace. It's like getting to watch a 12-episode TV series but you only get to watch the thing over a year or two, rather than in 12 weeks. And exascerbating that is the fact a game isn't a TV show, it's interactive, has extremely many working parts, and unless you design its framework perfectly from the start, you can't just "add on" content one bit after another a lot of the time, you've also got to integrate and change the game as a whole as its constructed, meaning compatibility breaks.

However if you don't like the trickle, you can always do the thing you'd normally do for mainstream content (that you're forced to): just be patient and wait the requisite year or 2 years for the project to be finished, and then play it when it's finished. If you choose to play the incomplete product, 1/4 through its production timeline, that's somewhat your own fault. Of course you'll have to suffer through trickles of updates afterwards.

It's utterly pointless blaming creators for this, until you/we can find a funding model that could give them a lump sum to finish their projects in private, and only release the finished game in public.
You're right, I overreacted a bit.
I was just so hyped for this one and the changelog said it has a full new scene. But whatever. I'll just continue to pledge so it can pick up the pace.

Led

Jul 16, 2017

I was just about to comment on this latest update, that appeared to be not very much of an update, after 3 months. But I guess this said it all. :biggrin:

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
I was just about to comment on this latest update, that appeared to be not very much of an update, after 3 months. But I guess this said it all. :biggrin:
part of the reason (if it doesn't have much content but imo it does have quiet a bit looking at the changelog) that the update isn't bigger for 3 months, is because for a month the dev was going through patreon bullshit.

Anonny

♥ Ren'Py Fangirl ♥
Donor
Sep 18, 2017
I don't think I didn't anything out of the ordinary, but a quick glitch report. Somehow I got 4 out of 3 points with Maddison. I guess mommy really likes me. :3

3.90 star(s) 39 Votes