3.60 star(s) 14 Votes

Maouhime

Aug 3, 2017
Regardless i did play of a bit of that supposed steam version and i dont see the MTL.

prpa

Nov 29, 2016
I tried Steam version for 10 minutes or so, it's not MTL, translation is pretty good, mods should add it to first page.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: JohnF95zone

Noble 6

Mar 17, 2018
Effie.png

Haven't played the Steam version yet, assuming it's a retranslation.
But I will always remember the first official "TL" of this game, because it just flat out misspelled the main character's name, despite her name being written in english in the game.

• Haha
Reactions: Fsfdss

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
View attachment 3070899

Haven't played the Steam version yet, assuming it's a retranslation.
But I will always remember the first official "TL" of this game, because it just flat out misspelled the main character's name, despite her name being written in english in the game.
Is it possible the translators got it wrong? Or is her name in English in the official Japanese untranslated version?
I've just seen Langrisser 2 for example(aka DER Langrisser) go from Elwin, to Erwin, back to Elwin(thank goodness)

And it's interesting because of the L stereotype when it comes to pronunciation. Though in the case with Effy, I'm not sure what it would be.

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
PhantomThiefEffie-Steam.jpeg
Looks good to me, at least the Steam store page is really good ( detailed information, professional looking and good command of English ) and there is a demo version that you can try before you buy but it seems that the demo version has the mosaic censorship and the saves are not transferrable once you purchase the game, but who cares, it is leaked on this site, no one will buy it:devilish: except those who want to support the developer!

The 3 ratings are in Chinese so I don't know what they are about though.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: rKnight

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
View attachment 3070979
Looks good to me, at least the Steam store page is really good ( detailed information, professional looking and good command of English ) and there is a demo version that you can try before you buy but it seems that the demo version has the mosaic censorship and the saves are not transferrable once you purchase the game, but who cares, it is leaked on this site, no one will buy it:devilish: except those who want to support the developer!

The 3 ratings are in Chinese so I don't know what they are about though.
Looks like it's Effie after all. then again maybe she's called Effy in that translation as well.
How curious.

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Looks like it's Effie after all. then again maybe she's called Effy in that translation as well.
How curious.
No idea. The first version that is share on this site is from dlsite.com which uses AI Translation for the game and also for the store page, and the AI decided to spell it Effy. It is available for free right now ( don't know for how long ). My guess is that for Steam, the developer relies on proper human translator maybe because Steam doesn't like AI:HideThePain:.

Reactions: rKnight

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
PhantomThiefEffy-1.0.3Steam
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Noble 6

Mar 17, 2018
Is it possible the translators got it wrong? Or is her name in English in the official Japanese untranslated version?
The image I posted was from the game's DLsite page. In the original JP version of the game, her phantom thief letters were signed as "Effie" as you can see.
But the official MTL called her "Effy," despite the game already showing her name was "Effie." So I can see why some people don't trust the idea of another translation of this game. It's actually lasted for so long, that the torrent link posted above me refers to the game as "PhantomThiefEffy" despite her name being Effie.
Effie is a real name, Effy is just used by a few brands as a "stylish" way of writing Effie. Like how Mortal Kombat uses a K instead of a C.

Reactions: Dyhart

Bun5643

Dec 4, 2021
I never played the MTL version, but I just finished this and the translation is just wonderful. It was super easy, so probably no changes to actually gameplay from before.

Sayathing

Nov 27, 2020
I've played the MTL for 10 minutes and was so disappointed because of how good the game could be with proper translation. Will def buy to support the devs since I've been waiting for it for a long time. IF it has decent translation.

3.60 star(s) 14 Votes