Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
The game doesn't do so hot on here if you take into account that "Virtues" was pretty big. That's probably due to the engine change.

BrknParts

Aug 4, 2020
That's probably due to the engine change.
The engine is Ok, I filter my games by renpy only, for me its because I want to avoid things like RPGMaker, unity, Unreal, HTML, Flash..., that's why I didn't see this game till today when I downloaded it... and ooh boy
OHHH BOY...
The writing is so bad, I cannot explain what happened, it's just bad, Exposition ALL THE TIME, and from things that are not relevant at all, The quote "Show, not Tell" was thrown out the window
They were clearly thinking about this big world with rankings, heroes, schools, and Magic...
And It could work, it really could, and that is the saddest part
I forced myself to play through this game, thinking, "It will get better soon... " but, will it be?
I was a huge fan of VIRTUES.
Here they kept Beautiful Models and Very Expressive too, Renders are Nice, Very Nice, Menus are very well made, animations are clean, "Sandbox" is comprehensive, and you always know what you have to do with is great.
It's just the writing part, that's why I don't get it.
Maybe they changed who writes stuff... idk.

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
The engine ... zip ... idk.
Didn't try it yet, so I can't say anything about the game. I loved virtues though.
My point is I don't filter purely for renpy games. But if I see Engine Other, it is 98% off all cases I tried, pure unfiltered garbage. Which makes you wish for the time back you wasted trying the game.
So I downloaded it, but I can't be, arsed to play it.

So I think that many people just don't know it exists or can't be bothered to give it a chance. And if I read first impresions like yours, my desire to try the game, gets further diminished.

BrknParts

Aug 4, 2020
So I think that many people just don't know it exists or can't be bothered to give it a chance. And if I read first impresions like yours, my desire to try the game, gets further diminished.
I was mentioning about the fact that maybe some people also filter for renpy only.
But I agreed with you, many people just don't know it exists, it was my case
I heard about this game because VIRTUES is not with the "Complete" Tag and was taking too long for the next patch to come. Then I was looking in their patreon and I saw this game there and I though about checking out, and I'm just sad to this point.
Like I said the game is overall very good in terms of "polishing" and "what you see" and "what you can interact with"
But once you start reading...
Maybe I'm exaggerating? I don't think this is the case, but I encourage everyone who reads this to download it and see it for themselves.

beedulgi

Jul 11, 2021
Well, gotta say I really like the content the game has to offer so far. It's still in its early stages of development but from what I'm seeing the game looks pretty promising.

I am experiencing a bit of lag in the game sometimes, but that may be a combination of my shitty computer and the game engine.

Looking forward to seeing where this game goes!

Hinelbgst

Jul 27, 2020
kudos to Dev for making another great game like V.I.R.T.U.E.S., i loved both of these games for NoMeme

NeoEros

Feb 23, 2022
I actually didn't realize the existence of this game until I looked for the dev's patreon, seems like V.I.R.T.U.E.S. will not get further updates now that a new game is in development

masterdc1976

Feb 25, 2021
I actually didn't realize the existence of this game until I looked for the dev's patreon, seems like V.I.R.T.U.E.S. will not get further updates now that a new game is in development
Shame Virtues is also quite good,
I also tried this one because I liked Virtues .

NeoEros

Feb 23, 2022
Shame Virtues is also quite good,
I also tried this one because I liked Virtues .
Same. I just wish there will be to a final update to wrap things up (the sport girl's story is clearly unfinished) before just leaving it there and expecting us to be convinced that the game is "finished"

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
Same. I just wish there will be to a final update to wrap things up (the sport girl's story is clearly unfinished) before just leaving it there and expecting us to be convinced that the game is "finished"
They have many devlogs on their Patreon, and IIRC, I've read somewhere (be it on Patreon, here, or on Itch... I can't remember exactly) that there's still one (or maybe 2 more?) updates for the rest of girls endings be resolved. For now, dev's focusing right on this one.

• Wow
Reactions: NeoEros

bluemisty

Aug 15, 2021
I just wish the choices actually matters. Like we can go different routes instead of a full on harem like VIRTUES. Just the first choice didn't even matter and it kinda bummed me out . But I like the game so far.

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
Didn't try it yet, so I can't say anything about the game. I loved virtues though.
My point is I don't filter purely for renpy games. But if I see Engine Other, it is 98% off all cases I tried, pure unfiltered garbage. Which makes you wish for the time back you wasted trying the game.
So I downloaded it, but I can't be, arsed to play it.

i have to agree i keep looking at the previews everytime this game gets updated and wonder why i never played it. then i look at the engine and it all comes back.

4.20 star(s) 34 Votes