Mod Ren'Py Photo Hunt - Lain's Walkthrough + Improvements + Cheat Mod [v0.12.3] [Maim Lain]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
She (Lain's a woman, right?) just updated the one for Dating My Daughter yesterday, so yes.
He/she is already working on so don't stress him/her out, just check
I always thought of her as a him :D. One of the best walkthrough modders in the biz.
:unsure: It's been said many times that Lain is a "he" so it's not always a good idea to interpret someone's gender based on their internet nickname.

MeiAomi

Aug 21, 2019
Oh my thats great that Lains around still xD i use the name as the gender, clever cuz ya cant go wrong with that xD

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
I have a question if anyone is still using the mod for the v12.3 of game. Question is is there a working version of mod for 12.3 that does not give caught exception errors every screen? I have tried not using any of the mod cheats at all just the walk through part, but as soon as game loads into any screen I get an caught error and if I rollback and click anything same exact error occurs. I would post errors but there is not enough forum space (for every single chained one) that occurs from start of game with mod installed after opening scene. As soon as I am loaded into the MC room with sister in his face as soon as that is finished and it loads next screen it errors a caught exception. I then removed mod tried plain game no issues at all. I tried looking for other solutions in here none found as yet.
There is one and very simple solution - wait until the mod is updated to the latest version of the game v0.12.3 and you do not use the old version of the mod with the new version of the game.

I really sometimes wonder why some people don't understand that if this is a walkthrough mod it is logical that such a mod can never be universal (one that works with every version of the game) and it always needs to be updated every time a new version of the game is released, even if this version is just a bugfix such a mod needs to be updated to take into account any new content added or any changes in the game code. So those who maybe don't know it yet should keep it in mind and not install the old version of the mod with the new version of the game and then be surprised that they have some errors etc..

Reactions: JennaJJ

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
All you can do for now is wait for mod to be updated or play without mod till its updated and then add to it to see if anything missed.

With lain we can all be happy that game is working without it, cause dud really knows whats hes doing, hes not one of the best modders out there for nothing.

But if you have just started the game then only option you got is to find previous version of game to use game with current mod without potential glitches or wait like rest of us. Also to get you started old fan made wt is pretty solid you know exactly what is what and get you over good portion of game in case you dont wana wait.

cheat mod from 0x52 is universal works on any game version , but thats just cheat, for stats and for unlocks + to check on which path you are tho not for all girls its been a while since it was updated and works fine together with lains mod

lucky65

Aug 15, 2018
All you can do for now is wait for mod to be updated or play without mod till its updated and then add to it to see if anything missed.

With lain we can all be happy that game is working without it, cause dud really knows whats hes doing, hes not one of the best modders out there for nothing.

But if you have just started the game then only option you got is to find previous version of game to use game with current mod without potential glitches or wait like rest of us. Also to get you started old fan made wt is pretty solid you know exactly what is what and get you over good portion of game in case you dont wana wait.

cheat mod from 0x52 is universal works on any game version , but thats just cheat, for stats and for unlocks + to check on which path you are tho not for all girls its been a while since it was updated and works fine together with lains mod
Yeah sorry was not trying to sound ungrateful or mean about last posters comments. I had played a bit before getting the mod and it was for 12.2 version so I figured maybe it would work for the most part at least the walkthrough part of it without trouble. I have had a lot of Lains mods work on games well past the updated version of mod, but I guess that also depends on how much the creator messes with the game coding from one version to next as well. Again sorry if my post sounded like i was ripping into poster commenting .

Reactions: micmitja

JohnJG

Engaged Member
May 17, 2018
You can do a search for another Mod if you like, but this is still the best one.

Lain will get to it when he/she has time. Play without it or there are plenty of other games to play while you wait.

Alleycat_2017

Sep 1, 2017
Just love the sense of entitlement some people have. Demanding that someone devote their personal time to give them something for free, and displaying irritation when it hasn't turned up in a timeframe that they deem 'acceptable. It's been 4-5 days. So what? Maim doesn't work for you. People whining and making demands is precisely why she dropped other projects. Don't blame her, I'd do the same.

Maim does excellent work, but hey, if you aren't willing to wait for a free quality product and think you can do better? Well, create your own mod.

puxi

Jan 8, 2021
Just love the sense of entitlement some people have. Demanding that someone devote their personal time to give them something for free, and displaying irritation when it hasn't turned up in a timeframe that they deem 'acceptable. It's been 4-5 days. So what? Maim doesn't work for you. People whining and making demands is precisely why she dropped other projects. Don't blame her, I'd do the same.

Maim does excellent work, but hey, if you aren't willing to wait for a free quality product and think you can do better? Well, create your own mod.

There is nothing wrong in asking for an update,This is a forum & since game has only this MOD then obviously many people gonna ask for updates if it's taking too much time... All these community/forum members only later become MOD/Game Developer paid subscribers if they see good & timely updates being given,So don't say members don't have right to ask

Last edited:
Reactions: jazz154
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes