Mod Ren'Py Photo Hunt - Lain's Walkthrough + Improvements + Cheat Mod [v0.12.3] [Maim Lain]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Alleycat_2017

Sep 1, 2017
There is nothing wrong in asking for an update,This is a forum & since game has only this MOD then obviously many people gonna ask for updates if it's taking too much time... All these community/forum members only later become MOD/Game Developer paid subscribers if they see good & timely updates being given,So don't say members don't have right to ask
There's asking, and demanding. Some people are demanding. Which is exactly what I said in the post you quoted. I also pointed out the possible ramifications of continuing to make those demands.

Don't tell me what I can or can't say just because I have a different viewpoint, this isn't Twitter. Also, whilst we're at it. Feel free to point out where I said that members don't have a right to ask. If you want to debate a difference of view then fine. If you want to make stuff up then don't waste my time.

traplover19

Nov 4, 2018
did something go wrong? normally your updates doesn't take this long encountering a coding error?
not demanding by all means take your time but im just interested in why just curious

Reactions: Brandon's Gaming

Led

Jul 16, 2017
I get an error saying "Parsing the script failed". The error report is as follows:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Any idea how to fix this? Reloading the game doesn't have any effect, unfortunately. I'm trying this mod on version 0.12.3. Maybe that's causing it?

Thanks!

Pickup69

Aug 4, 2017
I get an error saying "Parsing the script failed". The error report is as follows:

Any idea how to fix this? Reloading the game doesn't have any effect, unfortunately. I'm trying this mod on version 0.12.3. Maybe that's causing it?

Thanks!
what I did was add the mod into the game, then I unzipped the game again to override it, it fixes a lot however you do not get the side girls walk- through if you press the side girls walk- through you get an error.

Last edited:
Reactions: Led

Led

Jul 16, 2017
what I did was add the mod into the game, then I unzipped the game again to override it, it fixes a lot however you do not get the side girls walk- through if you press the side girls walk- through you get an error.
Thanks! What I did, is unpack the mod in the game folder, but chose to not overwrite any game files. That's the same as overwriting the game files and then overwrite the mod files with the game files, again. And indeed, the walkthrough works, that way! :D

• Angry
Reactions: Pickup69

Led

Jul 16, 2017
Why the facepalm? :sneaky:

Envoye

Jul 12, 2021
This happens, when You try to open the "Side Girls". You even cannot go back, you have to restart the game. :-(

Last edited by a moderator:

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Look at the posts above you.

This happens, when You try to open the "Side Girls". You even cannot go back, you have to restart the game. :-(

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'loc/loc1/alice_visit_alice_talk_1.webp'>:
File "game/script_loc/loc27_model_agency.rpy", line 589, in script
menu loc27_mel_see_off_menu:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'loc/loc1/alice_visit_alice_talk_1.webp'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Reitl\Desktop\PhotoHunt-v0.12.3-Extra-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\Reitl\Desktop\PhotoHunt-v0.12.3-Extra-pc\renpy\main.py", line 578, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\Users\Reitl\Desktop\PhotoHunt-v0.12.3-Extra-pc\renpy\main.py", line 143, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "C:\Users\Reitl\Desktop\PhotoHunt-v0.12.3-Extra-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 908, in run_context
context.run()
File "C:\Users\Reitl\Desktop\PhotoHunt-v0.12.3-Extra-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1628, in execute
choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
File "C:\Users\Reitl\Desktop\PhotoHunt-v0.12.3-Extra-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 990, in menu
rv = renpy.store.menu(new_items)
File "C:\Users\Reitl\Desktop\PhotoHunt-v0.12.3-Extra-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1226, in display_menu
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='menu', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "C:\Users\Reitl\Desktop\PhotoHunt-v0.12.3-Extra-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Reitl\Desktop\PhotoHunt-v0.12.3-Extra-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Reitl\Desktop\PhotoHunt-v0.12.3-Extra-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "C:\Users\Reitl\Desktop\PhotoHunt-v0.12.3-Extra-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
File "C:\Users\Reitl\Desktop\PhotoHunt-v0.12.3-Extra-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
File "C:\Users\Reitl\Desktop\PhotoHunt-v0.12.3-Extra-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
File "C:\Users\Reitl\Desktop\PhotoHunt-v0.12.3-Extra-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 675, in render
child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
File "C:\Users\Reitl\Desktop\PhotoHunt-v0.12.3-Extra-pc\renpy\display\dragdrop.py", line 460, in render
cr = render(child, width, height, st, at)
File "C:\Users\Reitl\Desktop\PhotoHunt-v0.12.3-Extra-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 925, in render
surf = render(d, width - x, rh, cst, cat)
File "C:\Users\Reitl\Desktop\PhotoHunt-v0.12.3-Extra-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 774, in render
rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
File "C:\Users\Reitl\Desktop\PhotoHunt-v0.12.3-Extra-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1127, in render
st, at)
File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
File "C:\Users\Reitl\Desktop\PhotoHunt-v0.12.3-Extra-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 583, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "C:\Users\Reitl\Desktop\PhotoHunt-v0.12.3-Extra-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
surf = image.load()
File "C:\Users\Reitl\Desktop\PhotoHunt-v0.12.3-Extra-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 628, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "C:\Users\Reitl\Desktop\PhotoHunt-v0.12.3-Extra-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'loc/loc1/alice_visit_alice_talk_1.webp'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Photo Hunt 0.12.2
Wed Sep 15 07:48:33 2021
You would appear to be using the 12.2 version of the mod for the 12.3 version of the game, which won't work. The mod has not yet been updated to 12.3

A good rule of thumb (for everyone) is to make sure the OP in the mod thread (that means the very first post with the links and shit) has a later update date than the game's OP in its thread. Since, you know, no time travel.

Generally speaking, unless it's a very generic stat mod and/or specifically stated, mods need to be updated for each game release.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes