Mod Ren'Py Photo Hunt - Lain's Walkthrough + Improvements + Cheat Mod [v0.12.3] [Maim Lain]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

crazy221

Jun 12, 2017
We don't know for sure, but you could be 100% right on that one. Every modder is on the right to put everything behind paywalls, timed or not... can't do anything about that. If that happens, others could do the job, as ussual. That situation will hurt me as much as it will do for you, but its just life... as others said before, people attack him/her, contact patreon to block him/her, etc... everything at this point can be justified.

But as i said, i totally feel you and i hope for the best.
I agree that any creator has the right to put stuff behind paywalls, and anyone who gets mad at modders or creators for not giving free stuff or not giving it fast enough is a piece of shit. However this is a site based in a large part around piracy, and if they put it behind a permanent paywall it will be leaked.

Tearil

Mar 12, 2019
I agree that any creator has the right to put stuff behind paywalls, and anyone who gets mad at modders or creators for not giving free stuff or not giving it fast enough is a piece of shit. However this is a site based in a large part around piracy, and if they put it behind a permanent paywall it will be leaked.
Totally agree, that's why we're here. That's also why i said we'll have to wait. As many other modders, Maim always rely on many "piracy" webs/forums to advertise his/her work (and share it for free, for now, at least), so i hope they understand if leaks happens.

Reactions: Ssato243

Alleycat_2017

Sep 1, 2017
Wouldn't blame her if that was the case. But I don't think she has ever done that to any of her mods. I think the mod will eventually be updated here and she just released it first for her supporters.
Pretty sure she used to mod Summertime Saga. Except the idiots on that thread got her Patreon suspended for not updating the mod 'on time'. Now it doesn't get updated at all. You can't cure stupid.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Pretty sure she used to mod Summertime Saga. Except the idiots on that thread got her Patreon suspended for not updating the mod 'on time'. Now it doesn't get updated at all. You can't cure stupid.
Yeah that thread is one of the most cancerous on this forum. But I think she just stopped working on it right? I don't think there was ever a case where she kept working on a mod and didn't release it to the public.

JohnJG

Engaged Member
May 17, 2018
This staggering to me. The sense of entitlement of some to take it that far. Most people are patient and know she does a lot of Mods, but there are others who really don't care. Stupid doesn't do them justice.

Alleycat_2017

Sep 1, 2017
Yeah that thread is one of the most cancerous on this forum. But I think she just stopped working on it right? I don't think there was ever a case where she kept working on a mod and didn't release it to the public.
True enough. I think the point I'm trying to make is that she has a history of not taking shit from people. Which is an excellent trait in my book. That, and she's not afraid to pull the plug on a project.

Reactions: falco256

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
True enough. I think the point I'm trying to make is that she has a history of not taking shit from people. Which is an excellent trait in my book. That, and she's not afraid to pull the plug on a project.
Yeah I 100% agree with that, people on this forum are entitled as fuck even though most of them don't support any of the devs or modders.

Tagfalter

Jul 26, 2017
If you would have checked her SubscribeStar instead of speculating, you would have seen, that she already finished the Mod and updated it to the recent version there.
She simply hides it behind a paywall :KEK:

Reactions: Subyan

r3ck5

Mar 19, 2017
If you would have checked her SubscribeStar instead of speculating, you would have seen, that she already finished the Mod and updated it to the recent version there.
She simply hides it behind a paywall :KEK:
You're not understanding the post you replied to I believe. They were talking about the Summertime Saga mod, not this game's mod.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You can see with this image that Lain's not doing STS mod anymore.

Reactions: Reij

Tagfalter

Jul 26, 2017
Ah I see - wasnt expecting that I have to find some out-of-context-stuff in a post about Photo Hunt.

Might look into the mod~ kinda feel like making one myself, since I dont want to pay for a mod (supporting the game dev AND some person creating a mod is a bit much tbh)

Avenjq

Jan 29, 2018
Ah I see - wasnt expecting that I have to find some out-of-context-stuff in a post about Photo Hunt.

Might look into the mod~ kinda feel like making one myself, since I dont want to pay for a mod (supporting the game dev AND some person creating a mod is a bit much tbh)
TBH if your game is so trash that it needs someone to mod it to be playable properly ... I think the modder deserves my money more than the dev. But thats just me.
All of the RPGM remakes are the best example of this.

ThtsMyScrtCapImAlwysHorny

Aug 5, 2021
Well Lain hasn't even logged in here for a week now, so either moving (or other IRL business) is still eating up most of their time, or they've decided they're done with this place. In the latter case, I guess somebody's gonna have to subscribe and then share their mod updates here against their will if we're to get them. :confused:

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes