ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
I don't want to keep going around and around. People are already very aggressive about this on both sides of the issue. But just to try and make it absolutely clear what your position is:

It's not that there is a very forceful sex scene with Rachel if you choose the corruption path (as that is avoidable if you go the Love route). Your problem with the story is that even on the Romance route you still have to do some interactions with Rachel at the Red Maiden during the beginning of her route. Correct?

If so, why is that? Is it because she is doing stuff with a stranger (which is the MC in disguise), or because you think she'll be traumatized by what happens regardless, or some other reason?
Your goal is to try to make the player feel as if he is MC, to create an immersive experience. If you are successful with that goal, can you not see why a player might not want to see his sister/LI working as a prostitute? How can you justify her becoming a whore in her situation. She's a virgin, she's a teenager, she's in love with her brother, her family is relatively well off and one day she just decides to become a prostitute? To get a car? My suggestion as it has always been, make her content there avoidable. Do not take it out for those who like it, but make it avoidable like most of the other content. You will make everyone happy.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
Guys, guys! Let's stop this:cry: Gosh, I would make everybody happy if I just started spoiling the plot (or spoilering?:ROFLMAO:)
Time will tell who was right anyway
Exactly! Why should the Dev spoil us with the plot and potential changes when we could wait and enjoy the anticipation?
Whose right or wrong doesn't matter to me. Just the constant harpering of wanting something right now when it's fairly early and you have your reasons on why that path is that path for now and can flesh that out and can complete that route and then possibly go back and make changes if desired and it takes time to do that.

Reactions: P3zz0

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
It's not that there is a very forceful sex scene with Rachel if you choose the corruption path (as that is avoidable if you go the Love route). Your problem with the story is that even on the Romance route you still have to do some interactions with Rachel at the Red Maiden during the beginning of her route. Correct?

If so, why is that? Is it because she is doing stuff with a stranger (which is the MC in disguise), or because you think she'll be traumatized by what happens regardless, or some other reason?
Both Hence why it should be a option from the start to keep her out and if found there once you choose the path she should not be found there the next day. instead its been 3 updates and the simple change has not been made so that she is not in there. As for the second part like i have said from personal experience with my own child who was suckered into running off with a pos boyfriend. He manipulated her into doing almost the same thing. When I finally found my daughter she was 1400 miles away and pregnant by some guy she doesnt even know because she was coerced into doing shit by her pos boyfriend. i almost went to jail cause i beat the living crap out of him but because i went with a cop that i knew the pos boyfriend is now serving time for rape and more. So this is why i feel as strongly against this type of stuff happening and not having the choice to avoid it.

Ranting Old Man

Donor
Oct 24, 2019
RM is still in the game, Rachel working there should be avoidable. I'm not saying that you would go there only once. You could go there whenever you wanted. There could be whatever additional content the developers wanted. If the player has the opportunity for Rachel to leave at this point in the game, then her never working there would have no impact on future events at RM.
What about Rachel working there drives you insane so? Because honestly you don't have to force her into anything on the love path even with her there. If your doing so, that is your choice but it isn't required really. There are only a few Red Maiden quests before you can elect to get her out of there and those missions are more about spending time with her than they are about making her do things.
I think the idea that you discovered her starting down this path and happen to be the John that gets to train her giving you time to show her that this isn't what she really wants is a touching story. Her time there allows you to better understand her resentment to you and allows you insight on how to overcome them. Every keeps yapping about her modeling. Guess where you learn about her desires to become a model to begin with? DING DING DING. The Red Maiden.
She didn't tell "you" first, she told masked "john" first. That's part of the story that leads you into learning how to get her to open up more to you. Only after does she become okay with going out for coffee with you and only after does she get the courage to talk to you about it.

I really think you guys are missing out on an amazing story with Rachel and I personally wouldn't want it any other way. How about going back starting over, try again and really pay attention to what's going on this time. You won't get the same experience.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
What about Rachel working there drives you insane so? Because honestly you don't have to force her into anything on the love path even with her there. If your doing so, that is your choice but it isn't required really. There are only a few Red Maiden quests before you can elect to get her out of there and those missions are more about spending time with her than they are about making her do things.
I think the idea that you discovered her starting down this path and happen to be the John that gets to train her giving you time to show her that this isn't what she really wants is a touching story. Her time there allows you to better understand her resentment to you and allows you insight on how to overcome them. Every keeps yapping about her modeling. Guess where you learn about her desires to become a model to begin with? DING DING DING. The Red Maiden.
She didn't tell "you" first, she told masked "john" first. That's part of the story that leads you into learning how to get her to open up more to you. Only after does she become okay with going out for coffee with you and only after does she get the courage to talk to you about it.

I really think you guys are missing out on an amazing story with Rachel and I personally wouldn't want it any other way. How about going back starting over, try again and really pay attention to what's going on this time. You won't get the same experience.
But it doesn't fit into what THEY want and isn't an OPTION right now to do so so we complain about it....

Reactions: Ranting Old Man

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
And you complain about the complaining, I guess we are all even.
I'm not the one circle jerking the thread here harping on saying that your 'True' romance thing should have been an options right from the get go. Again, If I have to say it over and over I will dude. It's early, it's the Devs choice, and if they want to flesh and map out that section of the story, then they can do so. When they want to work on the romance route of things, they can do whatever they want. If they want to have a tie in to her workings at the RM, then so be it. If they want to change it entirely just to make you happy, then it's their choice. The Dev has a plan and not everything is going to appease every single person, including you. If you are this bent out of shape about this, then why are you still here if you don't like it? Generally if something isn't liked they leave.

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018

I doesn't drive me insane. It just keeps me from financially supporting the game. If you can't understand why a player might not want to have his sister/LI work as a prostitute while playing a romance route I'm not sure what I could say that would to enlighten you. Look at it this way. Some people try to play the game as if they were MC. When I play a game, I give MC my actual first name if given the option. In real life would you want your sister or LI working as a prostitute, of course not. So players who are going for that immersive experience may not want it as well. This is a discussion forum. I am expressing my opinion. It's unfortunate that there are some posters that have an issue with an opinion that is not the same as their own.

Ranting Old Man

Donor
Oct 24, 2019
But it doesn't fit into what THEY want and isn't an OPTION right now to do so so we complain about it....
I think I've just replayed this game more times than most and I appreciate almost everything about it. My only fear was the corruption content leading to NTR which would ultimately ruin the game for most and possibly destroy the project in general. Since both writer and dev has said they feel the same way and won't be doing that. I have no concerns about this story. I just find it good for the most part. And about the comments I saw a while back about how could she not know it's her brother. Well thats simple no one fucking knows Clark Kent is fucking Super Man either. Movie logic who cares. Maybe she DOES know and is just playing along. Or maybe he's intentionally disgussing his voice. The mask actually covers alot and people look a like. My own sister embarrassed herself at a conference because she approached a guy and gave him a hug because she thought it was me. She had to explain herself and show him a picture of me so he would better understand.
I just think people's concerns are silly, it feels like they haven't really given it a chance. Like they are talking about something they didn't bother trying before they started getting offended. Like their information is the telephone game.
Just go play the game, play the paths see for yourself before you pass judgment.

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
I'm not the one circle jerking the thread here harping on saying that your 'True' romance thing should have been an options right from the get go. Again, If I have to say it over and over I will dude. It's early, it's the Devs choice, and if they want to flesh and map out that section of the story, then they can do so. When they want to work on the romance route of things, they can do whatever they want. If they want to have a tie in to her workings at the RM, then so be it. If they want to change it entirely just to make you happy, then it's their choice. The Dev has a plan and not everything is going to appease every single person, including you. If you are this bent out of shape about this, then why are you still here if you don't like it? Generally if something isn't liked they leave.
Yes, you're not circle jerking. You're just complaining about my complaining about your complaining about my complaining. :LOL:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: SerHawkes

Ranting Old Man

Donor
Oct 24, 2019
I doesn't drive me insane. It just keeps me from financially supporting the game. If you can't understand why a player might not want to have his sister/LI work as a prostitute while playing a romance route I'm not sure what I could say that would to enlighten you. Look at it this way. Some people try to play the game as if they were MC. When I play a game, I give MC my actual first name if given the option. In real life would you want your sister or LI working as a prostitute, of course not. So players who are going for that immersive experience may not want it as well. This is a discussion forum. I am expressing my opinion. It's unfortunate that there are some posters that have an issue with an opinion that is not the same as their own.
In real life if your sister decides to work as a prostitute. How are you going to prevent that from happening before it happens? In real life you don't get to make your sister's choices, but you can react to them. Which is EXACTLY what Love Path MC does. It's clear you didn't actually play it.

She is NEVER actually a prostitute on the love path, had you actually played it you would know that.

oldatoz

Game Developer
May 4, 2019
I think everybody has said everything the best they can on the subject at this point, so I ask that we all step back and stop arguing about it. We are glad for the feedback even if we disagree with some of the points vt3fan4evr and ptahn have said. I still think things will not look as grim as they seem to you and others that are turned off by Rachel at RM once the story keeps going.

I'm not going to ask you to trust us and support the game, because that is a tall order if you're not enjoying it, but I will ask you to trust us and play the route once it's updated! It might surprise you how things turn out, so please, give it a shot!

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
In real life if your sister decides to work as a prostitute. How are you going to prevent that from happening before it happens? In real life you don't get to make your sister's choices, but you can react to them. Which is EXACTLY what Love Path MC does. It's clear you didn't actually play it.

She is NEVER actually a prostitute on the love path, had you actually played it you would know that.
your right i didnt play it... i didnt try to figure out what the whore house was only to go and find i need a mask then find out the MC's sister was working there only to try to get her out on the love path only to find out 3 updates later after making that choice a simple change has not been made to remove her from said whore house. Yes Yes i know it has a name but its a whore house and shit holes dont need names.

Reactions: Valeck and ptahn

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
show me a Screen shot of Love Path Sister having sex with anyone for money.

Go ahead....
I'll wait.....
now we know who didnt play the love path through the whore house.. geee i guess paying her to suck a dick isnt being a prostitute....

Reactions: ptahn

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018

I have played it and yes she does. You pay her for sex acts. You may have the option to avoid paying her for sex acts, but she takes the job as a prostitute. If some one takes a job as a receptionist and no one ever comes into the office (they never receive anyone), he/she is still a receptionist.

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
Cant get the incest patch to work for love nor money. Shame, want to try this game out but i got as far as both my parents are adoptive parents line in the prologue and went "nope" and switched it off lol

4.20 star(s) 167 Votes