SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
I agree, I didn't like the story of the sister in the whorehouse ... I am sure that in the city there are thousands of jobs to do before that ... and besides, she is not seen with confidence with what to do. And your "job" is to make your sister like being a whore? I am the father and I give him a beating that they remember until the end of time.
your right there are many other jobs including making her a model. its in the damn story that she wanted to be a model but instead of working on your mother to get it to happen they put her in a whore house..... here is the thing one of my own daughters went through something bad with one of her boyfriends who is now in jail after i beat the ever loving shit out of him. this happened when she was 19 she is now 25 and just starting to pull her life back together to trust men and it took a while before she would even feel safe around me. This game needs a rape tag plain and simple there are many different ways rape happens and this game portrays one of them.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
In fact, I don't know how she can continue working in the whorehouse after the rape... Nor how she can continue with her normal life... Nor how they can continue the story to be minimally credible.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
In fact, I don't know how she can continue working in the whorehouse after the rape... Nor how she can continue with her normal life... Nor how they can continue the story to be minimally credible.
play the game up to the point you have the choice and save then play the corruption route keeping her there and see for yourself. I have not played since and wont until they fix it so she is out of that fucking shithole they created.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
play the game up to the point you have the choice and save then play the corruption route keeping her there and see for yourself. I have not played since and wont until they fix it so she is out of that fucking shithole they created.
I don't want to play the game again to see a rape, it's more work than I'm willing to do to see something I don't want to see. In fact I will close the game when it starts, so it will be an effort to see something that in the end I will not see.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
I don't want to play the game again to see a rape, it's more work than I'm willing to do to see something I don't want to see. In fact I will close the game when it starts, so it will be an effort to see something that in the end I will not see.
i closed the game as well after going back to my other save and finding her still in there on the love path. I played the update after it and she was till in there so again i closed the game this is the 3rd update and she is still in there.

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
I don't want to come across as "defensive" about Rachel's route, because if people are confused about stuff like this (or think it's simply unrealistic, as you do) it is likely that the fault lies on the developers, most of all on the writer (which would be me :cry:).

Also, trying to explain the intricacies of the story is kind of a useless effort almost every time. It's like trying to explain a joke, if the audience doesn't "get it" they'll dislike it even if it is explained.

Even so, I feel compelled to try and convince ya'll that this storyline is not absolutely awful as it seems to you, on the off-chance that I change your mind or even someone else's. I also want to take this time to address some of the complaints people have that Rachel is "still in the Red Maiden" even on her Love route.

First of all, the reasons Rachel gives for joining the RM are indeed quite ridiculous at first glance. But before deciding that this means that the story doesn't make sense, please consider the alternatives!

- She could be lying about her reasons.
Why would she tell someone she doesn't trust what she is thinking? Her explanation could be plausible on the surface, and she is giving that reasoning because she doesn't expect anyone to investigate too much, or think too much about it. Or maybe she is just an awful liar lol.

- She could "think" those are her reasons, but deep down they are not
Rachel has obviously been through a lot of family drama (a lot of it in some ways is her fault, and a lot is not). She could have justified for herself that this is the reason she is acting out, but in reality she is looking for other things (attention, probably). People have a habit of lying to themselves, and considering how immature she is, this would make a lot of sense.

- She could have been fooled into it
I don't want to give too much away, but the Red Maiden (and the town in general) have a lot of shady things going on. Rachel could have been convinced by friends that didn't quite understand what was going on, or were simply dragging her into the mud, she could have misunderstood exactly how far she would have to go in the Red Maiden, she could have been coerced, she could think she can just get out if it gets to be too much... Again, she is quite immature, so any of these possibilities are very plausible as well.

Even so, if we take what she says as gospel, if you stop and reeeeally think about it is not as far-fetched. As many of the other characters mention, there are a multitude of wealthy people in the peninsula. Evelyn might be well-off, but she is hardly wealthy compared to some of the other students' parents. And even if she was, despite the fact that she dotes heavily on Rachel, she is not the kind of person that would spend money frivolously in the way that Rachel so desperately wants. She is not going to give her a sports car, she is not going going to buy her the absolute top of the line clothes and purses every season, etc. So looking for some actual money so that she can get these things herself and hopefully become popular is something that a good deal of young women would do.

Now, does that justify joining a whorehouse and prostituting herself away? You might not have done it, and I certainly wouldn't either, but maybe it made sense for her for a moment. Maybe because it was a combination of the previous points I made, or maybe she is just hurting so bad inside she is making all these poor decisions without thinking them through. Maybe she already regrets it, who knows?

Again, it feels futile trying to explain what we we're going for, but maybe someone finds it at the very least "educational"? :LOL:

NOW ABOUT RACHEL STILL BEING IN THE RED MAIDEN IN THE LOVE ROUTE

I think I mentioned this before in the thread, but just in case I haven't:
The reason Rachel is still there is because we haven't updated Rachel's content beyond the decision that splits the route yet.
When we do, this will be addressed, don't any of you worry. Rachel's love route is all about getting her away from her poor decisions and having a wholesome relationship. There won't be any funny business with any other guys (including her faux-boyfriend Miroslav). After you entered the love route, she is getting out of there, one way or another.

I understand everyone's concern, I even understand people that think this is a bug, but as we haven't done the continuation of her route, she is currently "frozen in time" at the moment just before you took the decision to get her out of the Red Maiden. This is just one of those things that comes with playing a game that is still in development. Please understand.

Finally, her content IS COMING. I don't want to make any promises, especially because Moochie decides what is on each patch and what should be prioritized, but I'm already writing the continuation for Rachel. I would like to have it released on the next patch, but it is a big IF, I already overloaded Moochie with Monica's Romance route stuff, there are so many images, and animations, and so much "stuff" that we ended up releasing a smaller patch of side content this month so that we could finish Monica's for the next. But hopefully we can juuuuust fit a little bit more of Rachel's story. We'll see.
So you're saying that because she wants clothes and a car or because she wants some attention, it makes sense that she would become a hooker . None of the guys at her school pay any attention to her. I believe that you are just trying to justify a bad writing decision after the fact. It is your story so obviously you can do whatever you want, but for whom are you writing this story? Are you writing it for yourself or the people that play it? Obviously there are more people that dislike the story line than support it. Your game has been out about a year and a half and you have less than 500 patrons. WVM which has really no story just passed 2000 patrons after a year (and after being on hiatus for 4 or 5 months) because Braindrop made good decisions about content. I think that if you were to make all the RM content avoidable, you would see a sharp increase in your number of patrons. As I said before, it is the only thing that keeps me from contributing.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
As typical people over thinking things as usual I see.

You people do know that there are ladies who do enjoy working in the sex industry in any possible ways right? Sure Rachel starts off innocent yet she comes to enjoy it, abietly thanks to our corruption.

Reactions: voyeurkind

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
NTR path is always welcome.. for haters of course not :)

some time will come you will accept this and not to fight for it.
I highly advice not starting to kink shame anyone or calling them haters. Not everyone likes to be cheated upon which if you experience in real life will change your perception of relationships forever. You can like whatever you like and we can like whatever we like.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020

You people do know that there are ladies who do enjoy working in the sex industry in any possible ways right? Sure Rachel starts off innocent yet she comes to enjoy it, abietly thanks to our corruption.
I actually know a few that ended up in the sex industry and both now regret it. Both like the sister where desperate for money. unlike the sister who had a home and safe place to live. the option was there to work on the mother to get her into modeling but the mother ignored her and she turned to you to try and help with the mother bu7t instead of pushing that route they threw her into a whore house. ya girls get into the sex industry hoping for easy money but most soon learn its not worth it but also now feel trapped there and become used by the people running the industry. i personally know one right now that is in hiding because they wanted her to do things she didnt want and she ended up raped by the very people that promised to help her and just like the sister she was pushed into going further and further. this whore house need to 1 be a option that can be avoided or 2 be a option where your main LI's are not involved and you try to be the knight in shining armor that saves them from it or 3 outright removed from the game after the sister is removed from it. point being until you have seen the other side of this industry you do not understand what many of the girl in it have or will go through.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018

I have serious doubts that after a rape she can enjoy it, in fact the usual thing is that she hate it.

For me, the problem is not working in the sex industry (it is another thing if someone forced her to work there). The problem is rape, and that the brother and the girl (I think Sakura) force her to do things when it is obvious that she is not corfotable doing them.

It's really hard to believe that she can choose this job when she is obviously not comfortable with it. It's not like she works a McDonals...

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
and thats just it the writer is not seeing it as a rape because she is working in a whore house. like i said before there are many types of rape and this is one example. the tag needs to be added tot he game but i bet if they did that more people would avoid it then again it would probably bring in those that really do not care how a female should be treated and just see them as objects to control and do what they want with.

• Angry
Reactions: SerHawkes

mooch1e

Photo Hunt
Game Developer
Feb 3, 2019
Alright, this is it.

I respect everyone's opinion guys, really. But, you know, my motto is pretty simple - you don't like stuff, you write why without offending anyone in anything and you take your leave.

Indeed, some players didn't like the story that is happening with Rachel at the Red Maiden. First of all, as you all may have already guessed, this place plays a huge role in our story, so we won't cut it off or anything like that. As Oldatoz already said, the main plot is already made, so without any spoilers I'll just say that you will be able to look at RM from two opposite point of view. Secondly, you are not even giving a chance for the game to explain things about Rachel's motives.
---A little interlude: we tend to keep updating the game once per 1-2 months - it depends on what and how much content we already have. Some people wanted to continue playing with Lina - this update gave them this opportunity (although, well, spoiler here:sneaky:). While boys were busy with this update, I finally had some time to work on something else: I have ~150 images of additional content now. Of course, we could take 4-6 months to make a huge freaking load of content packed in one update, but in that case at the end of the month we'll start losing 10% of our patrons (at the very least), above everything else, you won't get any extra content - it will have exactly the same size as if we would divide it into several updates. I believe it is better to see new content every 1-2 months and not wait for it like you wait for Christmas.
A little interlude Part II: I'm trying to involve my patrons to decide on who needs to be a central character in next updates. If next girl will be, for example, Fiona - so be it. She'll have ~60% of content, the rest is up to me and Oldatoz. As you know, we have a lot of characters and all of them need content. A lot of players demand more Evelyn, but we don't even have main storyline of Skylar/Grace started---

Back to Rachel. All RM stuff is avoidable (except for Rachel, because her storyline is the introduction of RM, but even in her case, you just can get her out of the place. This is her romance route ending for now. We will continue Rachel's romance/RM route as soon as we'll get to it). You don't want this type of content? Alright then, pick Monica's romance route and you won't see her behaving like a slut. And I will mention it here again: there won't be any NTR. The limit is 'sharing', but just like it was realized in Monica's blackmail route, you'll be warned in advance (plus it won't affect a girl's main storyline).
I think we are done here.

About patrons. We are trying to achieve one goal - story-driven game. There is a lot of characters with their own story and personalities, with their own problems. This all makes our game very complex from the story point of view (and you have no idea how actually complex it is). 'No story' is not about this game and will never be. We could just make tons of sex scenes with Evelyn right away, but we won't do it, because it's too early and will break immersion. Trust me, it's not just us, YOU don't want it. We need players to be motionally invested in the process. If you just want to fap - please, make yourself a favor and choose 'no story' games, creatores of which make no mistakes due to that reason. If I wanted more patrons, I'd just make it like Big Brother or something like that - just Evelyn and Rachel +2 more characters which would have been coming by. We work to make something better and bigger, more unique. And I think we are on the right way. Yes, we made quite a lot of mistakes here and there (I will never do sandbox games again), but it's our first project and I believe everything was worth it.

I hope I delivered my thoughts clearly and without any offence :D

Ranting Old Man

Donor
Oct 24, 2019
I wanna clear some shit up. You can't avoid seeing your sister in the Red Maiden, however you don't have to "Rape" Her. In fact there is a path all about saving her from that place.

Secondly note there isn't a rape tag. You don't rape your sister. If you played the path you would know it. You do pressure her into going all the way and she enjoys it until it's finished when she goes through all the emotions I would expect any woman to go through who lost their virginity in a whore house.

Neither path has really continued to gave us a proper view of the aftermath and until we get one for each path your just assuming what went down or what will go down.

The writer said next Rachel update you will see her out of the Red Maiden, he said Red Maiden will get a statsifying ending for both paths. Basically this place is a plot point as a location where you can train your girls on the corruption route.

You don't have to play corruption paths. And I do get it, I like the LI paths more as well.

About Comparing this game to WMV, WMV got so popular so fast more or less because of the women's designs, constant teasing of content people will never get and because it's a Harem game that has a unquie perspective. The whole Good guy Jock touched a lot of feels for people.
I personally think that Photo Hunt is a better game.

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
Alright, this is it.

I respect everyone's opinion guys, really. But, you know, my motto is pretty simple - you don't like stuff, you write why without offending anyone in anything and you take your leave.

Indeed, some players didn't like the story that is happening with Rachel at the Red Maiden. First of all, as you all may have already guessed, this place plays a huge role in our story, so we won't cut it off or anything like that. As Oldatoz already said, the main plot is already made, so without any spoilers I'll just say that you will be able to look at RM from two opposite point of view. Secondly, you are not even giving a chance for the game to explain things about Rachel's motives.
---A little interlude: we tend to keep updating the game once per 1-2 months - it depends on what and how much content we already have. Some people wanted to continue playing with Lina - this update gave them this opportunity (although, well, spoiler here:sneaky:). While boys were busy with this update, I finally had some time to work on something else: I have ~150 images of additional content now. Of course, we could take 4-6 months to make a huge freaking load of content packed in one update, but in that case at the end of the month we'll start losing 10% of our patrons (at the very least), above everything else, you won't get any extra content - it will have exactly the same size as if we would divide it into several updates. I believe it is better to see new content every 1-2 months and not wait for it like you wait for Christmas.
A little interlude Part II: I'm trying to involve my patrons to decide on who needs to be a central character in next updates. If next girl will be, for example, Fiona - so be it. She'll have ~60% of content, the rest is up to me and Oldatoz. As you know, we have a lot of characters and all of them need content. A lot of players demand more Evelyn, but we don't even have main storyline of Skylar/Grace started---

Back to Rachel. All RM stuff is avoidable (except for Rachel, because her storyline is the introduction of RM, but even in her case, you just can get her out of the place. This is her romance route ending for now. We will continue Rachel's romance/RM route as soon as we'll get to it). You don't want this type of content? Alright then, pick Monica's romance route and you won't see her behaving like a slut. And I will mention it here again: there won't be any NTR. The limit is 'sharing', but just like it was realized in Monica's blackmail route, you'll be warned in advance (plus it won't affect a girl's main storyline).
I think we are done here.

About patrons. We are trying to achieve one goal - story-driven game. There is a lot of characters with their own story and personalities, with their own problems. This all makes our game very complex from the story point of view (and you have no idea how actually complex it is). 'No story' is not about this game and will never be. We could just make tons of sex scenes with Evelyn right away, but we won't do it, because it's too early and will break immersion. Trust me, it's not just us, YOU don't want it. We need players to be motionally invested in the process. If you just want to fap - please, make yourself a favor and choose 'no story' games, creatores of which make no mistakes due to that reason. If I wanted more patrons, I'd just make it like Big Brother or something like that - just Evelyn and Rachel +2 more characters which would have been coming by. We work to make something better and bigger, more unique. And I think we are on the right way. Yes, we made quite a lot of mistakes here and there (I will never do sandbox games again), but it's our first project and I believe everything was worth it.

I hope I delivered my thoughts clearly and without any offence :D
My point was that even though WVM doesn't really have a story (as of yet), it makes a ton of money because of content choices. I was not suggesting that it is a good idea not to have a story. You have just made a story choice that drives people away from the game.

Reactions: NKaeleth and dvstt

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
I personally think that Photo Hunt is a better game.
I love all games that peek my interests. WVM, Photo Hunt for Green Hair Quinn, Being A DiK, Halfway House, etc. So I ain't one to truly trash a game in any manner. Have some issues with here and there, maybe, but still love it none the less.

Reactions: Ranting Old Man

mooch1e

Photo Hunt
Game Developer
Feb 3, 2019
My point was that even though WVM doesn't really have a story (as of yet), it makes a ton of money because of content choices. I was not suggesting that it is a good idea not to have a story. You have just made a story choice that drives people away from the game.
Quite the opposite, we are trying to implement as many fetishes as it's possible:D So that players are free to choose

Reactions: SerHawkes

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
Quite the opposite, we are trying to implement as many fetishes as it's possible:D So that players are free to choose
And of course for that to happen, it's gonna take time, which some people here don't seem to understand.

Side note: Definately hope for more Green Hair Quinn (Fiona) and maybe treat her in a special way if we are on being her Alpha. Like not being 100% Alpha the whole time but showing her we do care for her ya know. Just a thought.

P3zz0

MP-40 Enjoyer
Donor
Compressor
Jul 8, 2017
I'm not sure how you can say that given all the negative comments regarding the Rachel RM content. It is definitely costing you patrons.
But your voice is not unique, you have the choice to avoid the graphic content of Rachel RM if you wish to do so. I am a Patreon and I'm far more than satisfied to have the dark side of Rachel RM at my disposal :) Like Mooch1e said, there are fetishes for everyone. Don't like it, skip it by making the right choices, no one is forcing your hand, it's that simple.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 167 Votes