lehu84

Mar 26, 2021
I'd be really grateful if someone could give me pointers :) .
I'm stuck on two things:
1) Jen Yandere Step 3 - it is supposed to happen in the afternoon in school, but nothing happens (I already clicked all options: find girls, classes, headmistress, bathroom). Tried on all days of week (except weekend obviously!).
2) Rachel Photo Events Step 4 - it is supposed to happen on weekend in afternoon in any location but I couldn't trigger it in any of the locations (tried all locations that are available on the weekend)

All other tasks for 0.15.1 are completed (apart from Alice gym challenge as I'm on her bad route - generally I'm on all bad routes, except Lina where I'm on good+possible threesome route).

Reactions: Kovir123
Aug 9, 2018
I gotta say it's pretty annoying how when the dev adds scenes to the early parts of the game, they trigger even if you're super late into the game because you "haven't seen it" technically.

For example, I had completely caught up with Rachel's storyline, and then the next time I go home she's *introducing* her new boyfriend Miroslav to me.

I get that the idea is that you shouldn't have to replay the whole game every update just to see the new stuff, but maybe some sort of obvious symbol on screen or message that plays before to let you know these scenes are considered flashbacks?

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
I get that the idea is that you shouldn't have to replay the whole game every update just to see the new stuff
That's episodic releases of sandbox games wrapped up in one sentence, especially if early content is remastered or altered.

The best way to avoid this is to wait until the game is finished.

lehu84

Mar 26, 2021
That's episodic releases of sandbox games wrapped up in one sentence, especially if early content is remastered or altered.

The best way to avoid this is to wait until the game is finished.
Not really. When adding new scene game should check progress in specific storylines (for Miroslav that would be Rachel storyline) and either don't play at all (in such case scenes should be available in replay gallery) or, as mentioned, trigger is as flashback (e.g. trigger as dream sequence). That's not really difficult. Additionally I don't think the reason they trigger is dev's goal to allow players to avoid replaying from the beginning. I think it's just simplest implementation possible: trigger is just checking required conditions. As people are in late game, they fulfill minimum conditions and scene triggers.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
trigger is just checking required conditions.
That's how event based games work in general.

Isolated events are easy, but if you update part of a event chain, then it's a different story.
If a part of something was updated which you already finished, you won't see that, since it's already finished and has the according state. Launching that partial event again at a later state would not fit the storyline of the arc which it it is part of.
And it would also raise the problem how to proceed after that partial event. Replay the whole rest of the storyline? What about all the events that has already triggered? Replay them as well? What bugs would that cause?

zerodead

Engaged Member
Jan 18, 2018
Update V0.15.1a
I did a quick translation to Portuguese, it is not a professional translation, and a simply amateur translation.

-------------------------------------------------- ------------
Atualização V0.15.1a
Fiz uma tradução para o português, não e uma Tradução profissional, e uma tradução simplesmente amadora.

1669490178653.png
1669490276878.png
1669490326349.png
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Tradução com muita revisão para versão V0.15.1a
O mod Walkthrough também foi traduzido

1669490529344.png
1669490873528.png

PS: ainda devo edita alguns textos que fico em inglês , mais isso só quando estiver jogando

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2018

Isolated events are easy, but if you update part of a event chain, then it's a different story.
If a part of something was updated which you already finished, you won't see that, since it's already finished and has the according state. Launching that partial event again at a later state would not fit the storyline of the arc which it it is part of.
And it would also raise the problem how to proceed after that partial event. Replay the whole rest of the storyline? What about all the events that has already triggered? Replay them as well? What bugs would that cause?
The easiest solution, like I mentioned, is to have a quick pre-scene message or some symbol that indicates a scene is a flashback/remaster or not. Otherwise, how am I meant to know if a scene is actually happening now? It completely destroys the character arcs and makes everything so much more confusing than the sandbox already is- not only do I not know how to trigger events but when I finally do, I can't even tell if it's happening now or not.

lehu84

Mar 26, 2021

I know that is how the event based games work. What I meant with this sentence is that I think dev just added event and did not consider at all how the game behave for people that are further in the story. It is his right of course and I understand it: you think of a game as a whole not a chunks. As this is kinda "early access", dev had all the right in the world to think like that. Having said that, I believe it'd be nice if dev did think of people already playing the game, especially because it does not require too much additional work (more on that in next paragraph).

If you'd read my post carefully, you'd see that I talked about event in the event chain and specifically addressed this issue! It's quite easy to do this. For example you want to add an event that only makes sense if Evelyn is not PS yet. You have three approaches:
1) To the usual trigger conditions you add a check if Evelyn is PS and if yes, you skip the new event. This is simple but has disadvantage of requiring players to start from the beginning if they wish to see new content.
2) In addition to the point 1 (which is still needed, so that you don't trigger event twice), you add trigger when going to sleep. If conditions are fulfilled and Evelyn is PS, event triggers as dream sequence which is clearly flashback. A bit more work, but the advantage is that every player will be able to see it without replying the game.
3) Sometimes it's possible to adapt an event a bit so that it's still triggering normally, but depending on the player's position in storyline it plays out differently. Of course this approach may not be possible for all events. If possible this would be the best approach. However, it's also most time consuming for the dev.

Last edited:

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Well, if you limit it to flashbacks ... why not.
For a narrative chain that is part of the ongoing story however that's a problem however. Yes, it can be merged togethwe with all sorts of tricks, but gee ... what for. An additional scene which has no influence on the outcome. The effort does not match the work in any way.
And with a script based engine, I would not risk it anyway. If there was a compiled engine behind it managing the game flow ... maybe. But I would rather go for

As I said earlier: It's an unfinished game. One who plays unfinished games must acceppt behaviour like this.

ousonbro

Dec 18, 2021
Good morning. in step 13 of Grace, when I try to help her with the paperwork I get this screen

1669545162895.png

And the game closes... What should I do?
Thank you very much in advance.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
And the game closes... What should I do?
Thank you very much in advance.
1st attach traceback.txt on your post by clicking attach files and then locating traceback.txt and uploading it here so those who can help can see whole error.

oldatoz

Game Developer
May 4, 2019
I did a quick translation to Portuguese, it is not a professional translation, and a simply amateur translation.

-------------------------------------------------- ------------

Fiz uma tradução para o português, não e uma Tradução profissional, e uma tradução simplesmente amadora.
Well, that saves me some time... I was considering doing a translation to Portuguese later down the line. Maybe when we finished the game. In case you don't know, I'm the main writer and I'm Brazilian xD

Se tiver qualquer dúvida sobre algum pedaço do texto, ou o significado de algo, pode me perguntar no Discord que eu ajudo. Vlw!

zerodead

Engaged Member
Jan 18, 2018
Well, that saves me some time... I was considering doing a translation to Portuguese later down the line. Maybe when we finished the game. In case you don't know, I'm the main writer and I'm Brazilian xD

Se tiver qualquer dúvida sobre algum pedaço do texto, ou o significado de algo, pode me perguntar no Discord que eu ajudo. Vlw!
worse than there is a lot, I'm not fluent in English, and I do the translation for personal use, the files don't stay on my pc I share it for those who want to use it

pior que tem muita coisa , não sou fluente em inglês , e faço a tradução pra uso pessoal , pros arquivos não fica parado no meu pc eu compartilho pra quem quiser usa

oldatoz

Game Developer
May 4, 2019
worse than there is a lot, I'm not fluent in English, and I do the translation for personal use, the files don't stay on my pc I share it for those who want to use it

pior que tem muita coisa , não sou fluente em inglês , e faço a tradução pra uso pessoal , pros arquivos não fica parado no meu pc eu compartilho pra quem quiser usa
Boto fé, mas imagino que deve ter gente que vai aproveitar de qualquer forma. Então mal não faz.

Jan 30, 2020

Hey there! The update is 50% ready: we're busy writing dialogues and putting the content into the game. Pace is nice, so I think 2-3 weeks and we'll get it done.

In the meantime, I'm working on v0.15.2: 100 images and a couple of animations are ready.
Also, some important news! First of all, I'm going to switch on the billing option Patreon recently added - new patrons will be charged monthly on the same date they joined, so they will no longer be charged twice in their first month when they join after the 1st. I will turn this on on December 1st.

Secondly, we might be working with an additional animator (you could already saw his Chan-Mi and MC in the locker room animation). I set up a new goal and I hope for your support <3 I can't promise it'll mean MOAAAR animations, because it still requires a lot of time to render and other stuff, but they'll just be better ;) Well, most probably there'll be a slight increase in quantity as well.

Oh! Almost forgot! This is Miroslav's mom ;)

Changelog (not final):
  • Miroslav big event
  • Minor improvements
  • 1 achievement
  • 1 Fiona's message, 1 Grace message, 1 Jen's message
  • 217 images, 10 animations (Evelyn's bath scene is now animated), 55 rerenders (Lina Hospital #2, Lina Metro, Monica Teachers' room, Rachel Outside photo session #1,#2)

4.20 star(s) 167 Votes