VN Ren'Py Abandoned Phuc Mi Island [v0.3.1.1] [Arath Sin]

3.80 star(s) 8 Votes

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
Did you play through all the routes? It was 10k+ words written in about 2 months, but depending on your choices you could see less than half that. Almost every update is going to be like that unfortunately.

I also dragged my ass on the writing by working on asset prep for stuff like Day 5, 12, 13, etc.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing your approach, especially since I'm not your patron so I can't expect/demand anything and I really like your game. As you said I'm not playing all routes, it seems though that for every route there's only 2 (or 1-2) pts I can get for any given relationship per day/update so it's perhaps for that reason every route by itself seems a little short (I think there's 5 completely different routes and mixes of them?). For Erik I try 2 routes, my main one (Erik+Alisha) and seconday (Erik+Kim). I don't really care about Katie tbh so regarding Erik/Katie I only choose options that diminish their pts (I randomly hooked her on Marcus route so she's gonna stay there on my both Erik playthroughs).

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
The current (as of yesterday at 2:49pm) paper napkin (as in not implemented, just written up) idea is to have Erik and Katie discuss it, and depending on scoring/responses you either end up with:

- vanilla path, where Erik is cheating on Katie with Kim and/or Alisha and has events with Katie but she's not with anyone else, I guess that would be a harem path? I hate labels.
- vegas path (as in, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas), where they're basically in an 'open relationship' during their vacation and it could lead to group events, spying, stuff like that
- netorase/ntr path, whatever you want to call it, i don't write to fit in a specific weeb bucket. leaning more towards what people would call netorase than ntr, hotwifing, etc where Erik is faithful but Katie has fun.
instead of just vanilla you could make Katie a cuckqueen those are pretty rare.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Did you play through all the routes? It was 10k+ words written in about 2 months, but depending on your choices you could see less than half that. Almost every update is going to be like that unfortunately.

I also dragged my ass on the writing by working on asset prep for stuff like Day 5, 12, 13, etc.
The work you put into those assets really shows. This is a beautiful-looking game for sure. I'm sure that the writing will catch up if you have already worked ahead. I only played down one route and I was satisfied with the amount of content. Then again, this is my first playthrough of the game. It was kind of funny that I was the perfect boyfriend but Katie still ran off on me and played tonsil hockey with another dude because I didn't wake her up one morning. This is gonna be a wild game.

White Lamp

Dec 18, 2020
Well phuc me, thats a great start. Seems like theres a deeper story added as well rather than centering the game entirely around the fetishes. I am hoping we get more character development that adds depth to all the characters and give meaning to each rather than just using them to fulfill fetishes.

I agree with adding NTR (and whatever else) to tag. Even if it did not happen yet you can add it as a "planned" tag.
(i.e. "NTR (planned)")

Also since this game is situated in Thailand that better mean ladyboys right? ;)

Btw whats the update schedule?

Keep up the great work.

thethirdeye

Feb 19, 2021
Haven't played the game yet...but if i
there is a cuckqeen route, then that definitely makes it a go

Deleted member 563623

Apr 19, 2018
Is the scene with Marcus on day 2 (jet ski) gone now? I cannot trigger it at all in the latest version. Kaitlin automatically puts an end to it. However, in the previous update, with the same choices made as in the latest version, the scene plays fully as it always did.

I've tried a bunch of different things and it seems to not be there...?

Deleted member 1482745

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2019
Is the scene with Marcus on day 2 (jet ski) gone now? I cannot trigger it at all in the latest version. Kaitlin automatically puts an end to it. However, in a previous version, with the same choices made in the new version, the scene plays fully as it always did.

I've tried a bunch of different things and it seems to not be there...?
The images still exist but the code was removed. Many felt there wasn't enough justification for her to cheat on the 2nd day and I agreed.

Deleted member 563623

Apr 19, 2018
The images still exist but the code was removed. Many felt there wasn't enough justification for her to cheat on the 2nd day and I agreed.

That is a shame imo. Is there also no scene on day 3 at the beach? I see the images exist for that as well, but i can't get anything happening there either. Same situation I suppose?

But like i say, i cannot agree with that reasoning. I wonder, by not 'enough justification', do you mean things aren't going poorly enough between Erik and Kaitlin yet?

In any event, imo, the best sort of cheating content happens where there is no such 'justifications' like that. More along the lines of people simply giving in to temptation. Cheating for the sake of it. Indulging in the forbidden fruit which is always the sweetest as the saying goes. When people cheat because they hate each other and treat each other like shit, in a certain sense at least, that's not really cheating imo. That's just a breakup they haven't told each other about yet.

So i don't see that there needs to be any sort of justification. With the right story and characters (and it's fine if that's not the story you're telling of course), the act itself is the justification, because being naughty is exciting and fun.

Reactions: dontcarewhateverno

White Lamp

Dec 18, 2020
I agree with the early testers that it should be slower. (In fact the current pace is still a tad fast for me, like why is Katie already thinking about cheat after only a few bad choices from Erik? Weren't they dating for years? Would have been better if she stays 100% faithful in beginning. Then confronted Erik after seeing Erik ignoring her and gawking at other women. Erik promised to stop but then still doesn't change. This then triggers the NTR/Cheating Route.)

Good on ya for listening.

Otherguy2012

Aug 21, 2021
Just curious...why the cheating tag?
This demo has nothing worth even calling cheating...at best heavy flirting,but nothing illicit or sexual actually happens(with anyone).

Atlius

Mar 10, 2020
It's a wonderful story in my opinion. At least it seems "realistic" can't wait to see more!
About NTR: I appreciate it when NTR is completely manageable. I mean: it's not just avoidable, it is avoidable or not avoidable depending on the player. There are different shapes.

Deleted member 1482745

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2019
Just curious...why the cheating tag?
This demo has nothing worth even calling cheating...at best heavy flirting,but nothing illicit or sexual actually happens(with anyone).
Because you're playing the version that was leaked to F95 and not the hotfixed version released yesterday morning that fixed the cheating events.

Y.Gromov

Aug 27, 2017
Thank you for answering my question. ;) - No!
I had to re-read and look for the answer myself. Cutting out the content of the second day is a very big mistake! Everything fit into Kate's character. She met Chris for the first time, fucked with him or with him and his friend in different poses, in anal, vaginal and etc. But to suck on the second day is not right!))) Second day of what?) She has known Chris for a long time. Why is this system for schoolchildren?) 1 base 2 base etc. - They are all adults! What world do you live in?) Take off your rose-colored glasses and see the world with your wide open eyes! People cheat on each other and some don't even need a reason! Someone has a full-fledged relationship on the side, someone has one-time meetings and you don't need 59 dates for that!
Once again I will repeat everything before it was harmonious with the of Kate character and everything depended on how MC would behave.
I have no habit of writing negative reviews and comment on development time, version 2. i really liked, but almost a year has passed and we have cut content, 3 day of some conversations and that's it...

"Will we add the cut content in a year?)"
Good luck!!!

dark.knight48

Dec 2, 2017
Thank you for answering my question. ;) - No!
I had to re-read and look for the answer myself. Cutting out the content of the second day is a very big mistake! Everything fit into Kate's character. She met Chris for the first time, fucked with him or with him and his friend in different poses, in anal, vaginal and etc. But to suck on the second day is not right!))) Second day of what?) She has known Chris for a long time. Why is this system for schoolchildren?) 1 base 2 base etc. - They are all adults! What world do you live in?) Take off your rose-colored glasses and see the world with your wide open eyes! People cheat on each other and some don't even need a reason! Someone has a full-fledged relationship on the side, someone has one-time meetings and you don't need 59 dates for that!
Once again I will repeat everything before it was harmonious with the of Kate character and everything depended on how MC would behave.
I have no habit of writing negative reviews and comment on development time, version 2. i really liked, but almost a year has passed and we have cut content, 3 day of some conversations and that's it...

"Will we add the cut content in a year?)"
Good luck!!!
Fully agree with you. She already spend all days there without MC so cheating very possible. Who goes on vacation with bf/gf and then only share bed at night?

Reactions: Y.Gromov
3.80 star(s) 8 Votes