4.00 star(s) 107 Votes

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Edit 26/11/2019: Updated guide to v0.3

Enjoy the attached Walkthrough!
It can also be found on my .
I don't mind if you make a walkthrough and offer it for free, obviously this is a pirate site, overshadowing mine that I offer as a reward to my patrons, but I don't like the fact that you're trying to profit on it with your own Patreon. I explained that to you and you post here anyway

OscarSix

Modder
Donor
Jul 27, 2019
I don't mind if you make a walkthrough and offer it for free, obviously this is a pirate site, overshadowing mine that I offer as a reward to my patrons, but I don't like the fact that you're trying to profit on it with your own Patreon. I explained that to you and you post here anyway
For the walkthroughs, the patreon is merely a hub, its offered for free there as well. Any donations/support is highly appreciated obviously.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
For the PDF walkthroughs, the patreon is merely a hub, its offered for free there as well. Any donations/support is highly appreciated obviously. The in-game mod will be asking for a $1 donation.
You're asking for support and donations for a walkthrough that I have already created for my own game. You even posted your Patreon on my thread.

OscarSix

Modder
Donor
Jul 27, 2019
You're asking for support and donations for a walkthrough that I have already created for my own game. You even posted your Patreon on my thread.
Not once did I mention support or donations until you brought it up. Read my original post it says "Can also be found on my patreon..."

• Angry
Reactions: McWoodz

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Not once did I mention support or donations until you brought it up. Read my original post it says "Can also be found on my patreon..."
Patreon is a website used specifically for donations and support. You have multiple tiers on there so that people can support you and the walkthroughs you make.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
We can go round in circles all day. The matter of the fact is that unless an official Moderator or Admin requests the post to be taken down it's staying.
Alright, I just think it sucks that we developers bust our asses making these games, while we have real jobs and kids and family, and you just decide to say 'kiss my ass.' I created a walkthrough and you created one that you're trying to get money off of.

I won't say anymore about this, because I feel I've already made my point clear.

Eoin

The Bug Hunter
Donor
Feb 21, 2017
Note: I'm not going to argue the ethics of the lad, but what Oscar is doing is fine. If the dev has an issue with it, he can do it the legal route and all that jazz. Just take the convo to PM's.

Yuri L

Apr 28, 2017
Alright, I just think it sucks that we developers bust our asses making these games, while we have real jobs and kids and family, and you just decide to say 'kiss my ass.' I created a walkthrough and you created one that you're trying to get money off of.

I won't say anymore about this, because I feel I've already made my point clear.
That doesn't look to be the intention of OscarSix at all. All he/she is doing is making a walkthrough of the game and also made a mod here in this case. The patreon link is like an afterthought. I would love to see Qleaf chime in here given the similarity of their work of making walkthroughs.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
That doesn't look to be the intention of OscarSix at all. All he/she is doing is making a walkthrough of the game and also made a mod here in this case. The patreon link is like an afterthought. I would love to see Qleaf chime in here given the similarity of their work of making walkthroughs.
The walkthrough done by Oscar is eerily similar to Qleaf's, it's almost as if they used the same template :unsure:

Yuri L

Apr 28, 2017
The walkthrough done by Oscar is eerily similar to Qleaf's, it's almost as if they used the same template :unsure:
Is it an ad verbatim copy? It's one thing to make one by looking at the game script or by playing through but to outright copy the WT of another person is pretty bad.

OscarSix

Modder
Donor
Jul 27, 2019
qleaf and I work together, while I'm new to the walkthrough game he is guiding me. I will develop my own style in time.

Qleaf

Workaholic
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Oct 14, 2016
Okay guys since I got mentioned here, I’ll try to be objective here. After reading all the posts involved, my humble opinion is as follows:

•Regarding Oscar who is offering his own made walkthrough on both (F95 & Patreon).

As long as Oscar’s walkthrough is not copied from the developer, then I don’t see any reason why he can’t publish it anywhere he wants. Also he mentioned the developer of the game in his guide and thus offering free advertising to the developer and increase awareness to the game.

I understand the developer’s side of view as this might/will mean that the people who paid the developer for the walkthrough alone will cancel their payment to get the free version. The last statement is true but you need to see the bigger picture:
A) The true supports of the developer will continue to support regardless of what other parties offer (free or otherwise).
B) There are people who didn’t support in the first place who might start to support after they saw Oscar’s walkthrough.
C) The players of the game will choose the best guide to follow and enjoy the game. Both cases will increase the players’ happiness and chances to play the game.

• Regarding whether Oscar is profiting from the developer’s game.

As I clearly see, Oscar is offering his walkthrough for free on both (F95 & Patreon) and thus in that matter he isn’t.

The developer mentioned Oscar is using Patreon to profit for a walkthrough that’s based on his game, well Oscar is offering other guides as well plus the fact any form of support he’ll gain there is basically thanking him for his efforts into creating all walkthroughs in general.

Oscar is offering an in-game mod which the developer didn’t make (as of now) which he is offering on F95 for free, but on Patreon (for $1). For creating the mod, you’ll have to go inside the script and add the color code to the choices and make sure the script will work with every update. That will takes time and effort. If people don’t want to spend the $1 they can get it for free here and thus again he isn’t really profiting per say.

• Did I create a walkthrough for this game and why does Oscar’s guide look similar to my guides?

I didn’t create a walkthrough for this game. Regarding the similarity, Oscar asked me to use the same style as my guide as he doesn’t have a style of his own yet. Hopefully he’ll create a separate type of style that will be unique to him ASAP.

4.00 star(s) 107 Votes