4.00 star(s) 107 Votes

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
That's not how code works at all.

You can't make heavy changes at all without smething changing which has a high chance of screwing saves over. If the tiniest bit of code is altered with regards to a save then that save will be incompatible.

The only way to work around changes breaking saves is to never play a game in development.
I mean, not that it really matters but there are PLENTY of games on here, in development that have no issues with saves.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
I mean, not that it really matters but there are PLENTY of games on here, in development that have no issues with saves.
I can't really speak for other games, but I've beendoing this for less than a year with the no prior experience at all so I am still learning.

I ask that you forgive the occasional mistake or two.

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Most of the other devs that haven't had issues...aren't going around mucking about with the older code either.

It doesn't take much to bork a save when you go back and change things.

This is absolutely no different then when say...an MMO is in Beta. They WARN you that shit could break, and at times you might experience a character wipe.

Chill out and either deal...or just move onto another game

Nov 17, 2018
Save doesn't work is normal and to be expected if you are playing a game in development. Don't get too emotional, there is a skip unseen text option at the setting. Use it to skim and it should be fast enough to go through them all. Even for games like Ecchi sensei which is super super long and text heavy, It took me like 10 minutes to go through 10k words or some shit and option them through. Super Writer is even new at this so its fine. The game is more than enough fun for me to enjoy so im gucci.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Save doesn't work is normal and to be expected if you are playing a game in development. Don't get too emotional, there is a skip unseen text option at the setting. Use it to skim and it should be fast enough to go through them all. Even for games like Ecchi sensei which is super super long and text heavy, It took me like 10 minutes to go through 10k words or some shit and option them through. Super Writer is even new at this so its fine. The game is more than enough fun for me to enjoy so im gucci.
Thanks for the support, man. And I'm glad you're enjoying!

what kind of an update is this?
When is chapter 8?
You can read the changes in the change talk =]

i really love this vn especially the youngest
Glad you're enjoying the game! Miracle is definitely a cutie =]

Reactions: Ghostly

AceOfNiagara

May 1, 2020
Really enjoying the game. I actually don't mind having to start over while a game is still being developed. I find it more enjoyable. Even catch the odd detail that I missed the first time through. I did find my saves worked from the voice version I downloaded from the 15th.

I like the choices of music SuperWriter. I'm hoping that the MC can be in a loving relationship with all 4 (even if it's individually) as the game progresses. Not going to be to happy if can't give each some well deserved affection. ;)

pds72

Sep 25, 2019
The way I see it. New update is a new start. Not only will it rid save bugs, but more honestly normally I forget what the hell is happen in a given game. Games like this it is nothing to start over and be back where you were in a day or two. Take a game like 7 days to die, still in alpha. You can spend 40-50 hours or more building a base and then an update comes and you have to start over. A game doesn't even have to be still an alpha. I probably have around 5k hours in Fallout 4 and still have yet to finish.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Really enjoying the game. I actually don't mind having to start over while a game is still being developed. I find it more enjoyable. Even catch the odd detail that I missed the first time through. I did find my saves worked from the voice version I downloaded from the 15th.

I like the choices of music SuperWriter. I'm hoping that the MC can be in a loving relationship with all 4 (even if it's individually) as the game progresses. Not going to be to happy if can't give each some well deserved affection. ;)
Really glad you liked the music, man. Took me 2 whole days of non-stop searching to find all the songs.

And don't worry, you can have one girl all to yourself or you can go the harem route!

Love for everyone =D

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
It is no longer voiced because I am having trouble with the voice actors
Honestly, I'm relieved the voice acting is gone. It was non immersive, because the MC wasn't voiced so we had a disjointed conversation, like talking to someone who is replying using sign language, and I didn't like it because the voices were different from the ones I had imagined.
Please stick to music and sound effects.

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
There was a developer named Chatterbox who was creating the game LEXI. Recently he passed away. The donations from his Patreon page are going to his widow. If you have not played the game, you might go and check it out. The intention is that the game will be continued by others who were working on the project. If you like it, you might go and pledge to help out his family. You might even consider just making a pledge to help out a fellow human being. It could even be for just this month to make a one time donation. Even pervs have hearts, right?

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
There was a developer named Chatterbox who was creating the game LEXI. Recently he passed away. The donations from his Patreon page are going to his widow. If you have not played the game, you might go and check it out. The intention is that the game will be continued by others who were working on the project. If you like it, you might go and pledge to help out his family. You might even consider just making a pledge to help out a fellow human being. It could even be for just this month to make a one time donation. Even pervs have hearts, right?
I am sorry to hear of the loss of one of the developers of the most revered genre of gaming. My condolences to the family.

Azraelith

May 1, 2019
That's... I mean it sucks, but shouldn't you make a topic in General Discussion about this as opposed to directly on a specific game thread? (edited for less assholeness)

Mitsu80

Jan 30, 2019
I am glad you dropped voice acting! voice acting is like a cherry on top, an expensive and annoying cherry to get right, and let me tell you dev: your cake is fucking awsome without a cherry!! keep up the good work! music imo is way more important to set the mood of the different scenes, so good job on that!

Reactions: dbp5ca

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
That's... I mean it sucks, but shouldn't you make a topic in General Discussion about this as opposed to directly on a specific game thread? (edited for less assholeness)
SW knew CB, I did not know if there were any crossover players. I asked SW about posting the request here and he was good with it. Perhaps, you are correct.

Reactions: GrammerCop
4.00 star(s) 107 Votes