magus448

May 22, 2018
Can we talk about the massive and contrived character shift (180 degrees) Alice and Grace undergo in the finale? Cause that is more unbelievable than a fear inducing fog that comes out at night.

But yeah these endings are bland as fuck overall with the final one being absolute garbage tier. Seriously?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The dev seems to like to do the odd out of character shifts in their games. Such a case people hated from their last game. They also seem to hate harem endings even tough MGA and this game are pretty feasible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cernunnos.

SumTingWong0420

Aug 30, 2018
So loved the game in general as I do most of Daniels K's stuff, I do have a few minor nitpicks, meant as constructive criticism. I feel some emotional disconnection in this and his other VNs, not in every scenario, just with certain scenes I personally felt there was something lacking.

A few examples being Mia's ending: the first very minor part being like an hour after escaping Lilly's just like 'I'm off to NYC, bye' not that shes the type to fall hopelessly in love with MC but I'd think she'd be a tad more torn about leaving MC so fast, maybe she did it BC she didnt want to be near him, idk we didnt get any context. Secondly, Mia & MC in the woods, all she mentions of her Sister is 'he treated us nice' what happened to her?didnt she also love MC? Again who knows, we get no context... xD same with the Alice/Grace Ending: Alice mentions she's avoiding Mia, so where Is Mia? With them?did she go her own way solo? Who knows no context xD and if you get as far as choosing to take Mia when running from fog->try to leave (possible Lilly ending) where does Mia go? She vanishes (no context)and if you get to the source of the fog by take Mia-> go to Lilly's and meet zoe, don't even get me started on that ending, zero closure whatsoever, hopefully that means a sequel

honestly every ending could use a sequel, crap....is there Going to be a part 3? If so disregard everything from examples down Lmao >;D

Reactions: Lol00000

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Seems like there are a few people who did not understand what I meant by abrupt ending. It's something like this:

Once upon a time there was....long, detailed and exciting story. Suspenseful dangerous situation coming up...and they lived happily ever after.

Wow. I should be a writer.
I was disappointed as well. Most games I have played usually have a more graceful ending, even if it is 1 of 7 endings.

Reactions: YoloCrayolo21

Harem_Master

Oct 8, 2019
Lilly has an ending, I wouldn't call her a saint >;D
I do get your point tho & what i don't get is besides the extra work devs should allow Harems, who TF doesn't love a good harem, it wouldn't be Required to engage it, jus saying.
I agree that Lilly gets her own "Happy Ending", but not Linda. However, since she is on the game's banner, I think that she might have originally had a major part in the MC's life during development. Her part got smaller as more characters were added and I've posted my preference of Lilly over Linda. Maybe the Dev counts the popularity posts.

Reactions: SumTingWong0420

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
Wow, what the fuck was that bullshit.
Like the 'fog/zoe ending' ... that should have been the pay-off ending where you either actually save everyone or stay in town with everyone, not just this nothing ending. What was even the point of it?

What an utter waste of time as a story with zero endings that feel satisfying or even at least complete.

Just feels like the dev was all "fuck this shit, I'm out."

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Wow, what the fuck was that bullshit.
Like the 'fog/zoe ending' ... that should have been the pay-off ending where you either actually save everyone or stay in town with everyone, not just this nothing ending. What was even the point of it?

What an utter waste of time as a story with zero endings that feel satisfying or even at least complete.

Hah. That is what everybody has been saying.

Kahlan01

Dec 11, 2017
I got a happy ending with Grace. So, can't complain. Very similar to the Lancaster Boarding House end with Chloe. I stay faithful to my ladies and it pays off. Never thought I say that sentence LOL

Reactions: Harem_Master

SumTingWong0420

Aug 30, 2018
I got a happy ending with Grace. So, can't complain. Very similar to the Lancaster Boarding House end with Chloe. I stay faithful to my ladies and it pays off. Never thought I say that sentence LOL
If it's not harem styled I usually do both a loyalty & MC-slut playthrough, specifically in this game I wanted to Scooby-Doo this dam fog mystery >;D

Kondorito

Feb 10, 2020
The Mac version won't open.
Guys, I was able to "FIX" it.

Seems like something in the port/package is not right and breaks the environment launch. What you need to do involves having a copy of the Pine Falls Part 1 app. You will be basically replacing the "game" folder of the Part 1, with the "game" folder of the Part 2. And that's it.

I'll list the steps below in case somebody is not too tech savvy:
  • If you don't have the Pine Falls Part 1 app, get it. If you do have it and want to conserve it, then make a copy of the file (this new copy will be the one hosting the Part 2 frankenstein :) )
  • Right-click in the Part 1 app that we will transform into Part 2 and select "Show package content", then go to Contents > Resources > autorun
  • Inside the autorun folder, you will see the "game" folder. Delete it.
  • Now go to the broken Part 2 app and do a right-click and select "Show package content", then go to Contents> Resources > autorun
  • Inside the autorun folder, you will see the "game" folder; you can either drag and drop it into the autorun folder of the frankenstein Part 1, or copy the folder, then open again the autorun folder of frankenstein, and paste it.
  • PROFIT

Last edited:

kanon92

Dec 27, 2017
Looks like there is a missing ending. If i don't have sex with Lilly and save Mia, the three of us leave town, but the epilogue shows the fog ending which is imposible since Mia and Lilly left. So idk if anyone was able to get something different, specially since the guide suggests another Mia ending is possible in this patch.

Also about the open ending of fog, it's likely we'll have a dlc like the gentleman ending of My girlfriend's amnesia.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Harem_Master

frogbert

Oct 15, 2018
That's just how the economy of patron-based indie games works. Devs get paid to release more content, not to end the game. Basically the incentive is for every dev to abandon a game when it stops being profitable for them, the only reason anyone releases endings at all is because they want to build a good reputation. But you can't expect them to pour their heart into it.

Bulb69

Donor
Jun 9, 2018
Personally i believe we have a goods endings. Not exceptional and far to be a masterpiece. But honest.

I think the problem come, because the author make a mistake with the choice of media for telling his story (At this level of quality is no more only a developer or a writer. We are at the frontier of pure literacy.) We talk about authentic artist and not only obscur technician behind a screen here.

A printed book or a TV-Serie (Yes we can... dream.) are a better choices of media for telling this great story. The disadvantage of VN for telling her are the same for movie. The obligation to compact and resume for telling the maximum with the low space available.

The mistake of Daniel-K is only this. Is, probably, at the beginning of the curve to the ending point. They realized that he had deployed too many elements to be able to fold them all correctly via the multiple end constraints common to the VN. Common error that we come across very often.

With a printed book or a TV-Serie. Daniel-K would probably have the space necessary to properly construct an (or some) ending at the height of the wonderful story he told us.

This is why I remain on my hunger. But I'm not at all disappointed. It is a very honest ending.

And for conclusion: this is a personal point of view. He is neither better nor worse than another. It's just mine. You are free to share it or not. I simply hope that it will contribute to enriching the discussion.

3.70 star(s) 102 Votes