spooge_nugget

May 7, 2017
Another possibility: the crazy sectarians are right and it's all the design of some sort of goddess.
Given that the game/VN seems influenced by Wayward Pines, I'm thinking organization/government, etc.
I guess it depends how much influence it has, but so far it seems to be heavily influenced.

GARGULE

Oct 2, 2018
I had never played this game before. So I downloaded the version 0.8 and unrolled the whole game from the beginning by making few backups from time to time without getting out and I was extremely surprised by the current end which is absolutely not announced.

The problem is that when I wanted to restart the game to make a backup manually, I realized that no automatic backup had been created. There is a bug at this level. So I had to replay the last third part of the game since my last manual backup to be able to do a new one just before the current end.

slackster

Feb 1, 2017
They say that history merely repeats itself. It has all been done before. Nothing under the sun is truly new.
The ancient Greeks worked it out over 2000 years ago. Every good story need to include
  1. Plot
  2. Character
  3. Theme
  4. Diction
  5. Melody
  6. Decor
  7. Spectacle

There are only 7 basic plot points in any story
  • Overcoming the Monster.
  • Rags to Riches.
  • The Quest.
  • Voyage and Return.
  • Rebirth.
  • Comedy.
  • Tragedy.

Last edited:

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
I had never played this game before. So I downloaded the version 0.8 and unrolled the whole game from the beginning by making few backups from time to time without getting out and I was extremely surprised by the current end which is absolutely not announced.

The problem is that when I wanted to restart the game to make a backup manually, I realized that no automatic backup had been created. There is a bug at this level. So I had to replay the last third part of the game since my last manual backup to be able to do a new one just before the current end.
Problem with this game is that all of its code goes below just one ren'py label. Usually games have different labels (you can see them as 'scenes' on a movie) and, when you reach the end of one of these labels, code makes the game jump to another one. But here there's just only one label, with all the small branches converging later on to keep a linear, continuous scheme. So I guess Ren'py can't recognize any 'checkpoint' to create automatic saves at it.
I'm also guessing this is somehow related to the issues I'm having with the Spanish translation (old saves not working after each update).

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO .. you took me away from all my girls ... WTF !!!!!! no please tell me i'll wake up out of this madness !!!!

Nelythia

Donor
Oct 11, 2018
Meh, I thought months ago he is just in a coma or something. How boring that it's the easily predicted outcome here...

jacastros

Jan 21, 2018
I think it depends the more the creator wants to develop the story, the simplest way to end the story would be with the comma, but it is the most predictable and without any imagination, in case he wants to continue the story, the best way to eliminate the option more obvious is with the comma thing, there are several options, one, it is a dream when the MC tried to escape and is currently unconscious in his car, two, the MC managed to escape from Pine Falls but is recovering from the second car accident , which makes it more interesting, he can try to return and depending on the time he has spent outside the town, relations with the girls return to zero, or he can continue with his life and write the new book or end up in a sanitarium when he tries to convince people that Pine falls exits or ends at a military base where they are monitoring the entire village experiment, who knows ... :)

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
I think it depends the more the creator wants to develop the story, the simplest way to end the story would be with the comma, but it is the most predictable and without any imagination, in case he wants to continue the story, the best way to eliminate the option more obvious is with the comma thing, there are several options, one, it is a dream when the MC tried to escape and is currently unconscious in his car, two, the MC managed to escape from Pine Falls but is recovering from the second car accident , which makes it more interesting, he can try to return and depending on the time he has spent outside the town, relations with the girls return to zero, or he can continue with his life and write the new book or end up in a sanitarium when he tries to convince people that Pine falls exits or ends at a military base where they are monitoring the entire village experiment, who knows ... :)
i still want my girls back :(

Deutsxh

Mar 17, 2018
I finally got around to downloading and trying it. And god damn you. I'm actually reading and bothering to know the characters. This one is one of the few that takes time. So good on ya for that.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
And again it makes no sense. Last time we weren't able to avoid the girls in the shower scene, this time in a playthrough where I did nothing with any girl but with Mia MC ends up fucking Grace. Same with a save just with Alice.
WTH? Why offer options when they don't matter in the end?

The threesome was alright though, but being forced to go against all your previous decisions with Grace sucks balls.

Last edited:
Reactions: slackster

WRONGS

Jan 14, 2018
The threesome was alright though, but being forced to go against all your previous decisions with Grace sucks balls.

Huh? I have tried different runs, and I remember being able to romance just one girl and avoid the others.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Huh? I have tried different runs, and I remember being able to romance just one girl and avoid the others.
I have both a playthrough with just Mia and one with just Alice and in both the MC had sex with Grace in the woods right before he tries to leave again.

dstarfire

Jul 13, 2017
I have both a playthrough with just Mia and one with just Alice and in both the MC had sex with Grace in the woods right before he tries to leave again.
It is POSSIBLE to avoid sex with Grace. There are choices in that scene (and all the others) to opt out of sex.
iirc, The shower scene near the end of the previous release your choice was either threesome, or no fun at all in the shower.

3.70 star(s) 102 Votes