Penitensary

May 10, 2020
anyone has a same game genre of this game pls
Unaware in the City has frequent updates and the dev is active in the thread to answer questions and respond to feedback. They're recently began to do a major update on the engine and optimize existing code, but it used to update every two weeks or so for comparison.

Course of Temptation would be closer to Pizza Hot in terms of feel, though is text based with the exception of clickable overworld maps to move between locations. You can pick MCs gender and sexual preference in it though, which deserves mention as that's fairly uncommon. It also has a fairly frequent update cycle.

johnyakuza1

Jun 5, 2022
That has to be a joke yeah? What cycle has he ever been on that he's breaking? He constantly delayed releases by months and then gave piddly small unfinished scenarios (Think we have like 4 unfinished ones currently after all the time the games been in "development")

I honestly don't get how the people that pay the subs believe this stuff outside sunk cost fallacy.
The way I see it, he couldn't even finish what was planned for 0.13 so whatever he has managed to create until now will be released as 0.13A, and after a month (realistically another 3 months) he will release 0.13B which was supposed to be a single update in the first place.

So yes, he isn't breaking any cycles or doing anything revolutionary here... What he is doing is buying even more time from his naïve supporters. We're not seeing the 0.15 this year.

Ifllslonly

Oct 17, 2023
View attachment 3659447
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
"I don't commission art for PR", "I don't scratch my balls".
It's all cool and stuff. Can anyone explain to me his line of thought on ETAs? Does he say he wants to do several versions, only to release one and just wait "surely more than a month" to release the other? At least there is no more "I'm working 12 hours, every single day bullshit". To be honest, this post is so funny that I think he's trolling.
The way I see it, he couldn't even finish what was planned for 0.13 so whatever he has managed to create until now will be released as 0.13A, and after a month (realistically another 3 months) he will release 0.13B which was supposed to be a single update in the first place.

So yes, he isn't breaking any cycles or doing anything revolutionary here... What he is doing is buying even more time from his naïve supporters. We're not seeing the 0.15 this year.
Yes, and let's not forget 0.11, "I can't really go into a lot of technical detail, but when I started designing these events I actually wanted to make it completely random. That is, the NPC doing something different to Jenny on each "turn" in the bus." but "Later on I decided to not do (yet) the random event, and wrote these preparatory events you have on your hands now, but still, the technical groundwork was needed anyway. "

Optimelle

May 7, 2017
While I did defend the game in the past and supported it for a short while, I realised that the ball scratching is more real than Abelius would like to admit. While the dev is quite active and responsive on Discord the updates on the actual progress done on the game were scarce (to say the least).

After v0.12 we were promised a different approach to development and updates which did not materialise. AGAIN!

I became unsure whether this was a milking strategy or something else so I stopped supporting what were, essentially, lies.

Now, some fanboy (like I used to be) may come at my door and try to shoot it down and some haters may still kick me for supporting this project in the first place, and I don't care about either. I still think the game has a lot of potential, the way it was made is quite unique and I enjoyed that, but the fact that the dev, if you believe what he's saying, gets bogged down in technical stuff, or in dialogue details, or in whatever else, is too much. I generally do not look at how long it took a game to make it this far but I did look at this game because of the special interest I have, or more accurately, had in it, and it's grim: if v0.13 will be delivered in a few "monthly" updates we'll be lucky if we get to some stub of v0.14 by the end of this year.

We have barely any content for the locations we have, and, with the so many other locations that are greyed out, it's basically impossible to finish the game's development in the next 5-10 years at the rate this is going currently. With the new locations, new characters will have to come into play, and with new characters, you will have new dialogue to get bogged down into as we have been assured in the past that the animations are now sorted and it should be rather easy to add new content. We were also promised new clothes for Jenny as she gets more of a sl...ahem... relaxed woman in perfect harmony with her needs and wants.

Bosanovarch

Feb 5, 2019
While I did defend the game in the past [...] with her needs and wants.
At least you realized the truth.

I think most ppl here would say the same. game has a lot of potential that’s why it has so much attention.
It's very sad dev lies about his stuff so much, if he was really working on it seriously like he is saying, this would be one of the best hentai game.

Instead for now it's just a scam.

Last edited:

Master Mirror

May 11, 2017
While I did defend the game in the past and supported it for a short while, I realised that the ball scratching is more real than Abelius would like to admit. While the dev is quite active and responsive on Discord the updates on the actual progress done on the game were scarce (to say the least).

After v0.12 we were promised a different approach to development and updates which did not materialise. AGAIN!

I became unsure whether this was a milking strategy or something else so I stopped supporting what were, essentially, lies.

Now, some fanboy (like I used to be) may come at my door and try to shoot it down and some haters may still kick me for supporting this project in the first place, and I don't care about either. I still think the game has a lot of potential, the way it was made is quite unique and I enjoyed that, but the fact that the dev, if you believe what he's saying, gets bogged down in technical stuff, or in dialogue details, or in whatever else, is too much. I generally do not look at how long it took a game to make it this far but I did look at this game because of the special interest I have, or more accurately, had in it, and it's grim: if v0.13 will be delivered in a few "monthly" updates we'll be lucky if we get to some stub of v0.14 by the end of this year.

We have barely any content for the locations we have, and, with the so many other locations that are greyed out, it's basically impossible to finish the game's development in the next 5-10 years at the rate this is going currently. With the new locations, new characters will have to come into play, and with new characters, you will have new dialogue to get bogged down into as we have been assured in the past that the animations are now sorted and it should be rather easy to add new content. We were also promised new clothes for Jenny as she gets more of a sl...ahem... relaxed woman in perfect harmony with her needs and wants.
Glad to see that you realised what's really going on, even if it's a little bit late. Hopefully more people realise it and drop support from this sca.. i mean project.

I also believed that this developer wasn't the problem with Legend of Krystal development bottleneck back then. Now that I see, he is no different than those tribe devs.

Theovonpapen

Sep 2, 2020
Ok, so now that the game has run its effective course, I must know 2 things.

1. How did the dev got banned in F95
2. Would he be better doing short-burst short term style of development.

• Haha
Reactions: johnyakuza1

IonDrako

Aug 25, 2021

1. From my knowledge he didn't get banned but rather deleted all his posts and then deleted his account after getting upset someone leaked his sub only update on this forum(if someone knows more feel free to correct me)

2.He'd be better off completing content. Has nothing to do with cycles because no matter what schedule he set for himself what he got done was usually underwhelming and unfinished. Some guess it's on purpose to keep money coming in via subs but if that's not it he's just actually really bad at getting anything done.

But yeah nothing in the game scenario wise is done at all. The massage parlor, pizzaria, bus, store, shower, etc all got started but were never finished. Dev focused more on setting up a stat hard cap that reverts itself if you change your save then finishing a scenario. The setting has so many things that could be made into scenarios but the dev had said he was going to use ai to come up with scenarios.

Like short burst or long term styles don't matter since the dev seems to struggle to get anything done in any time frame and it's been about 3 years at this point. The time frame of him uploading the updates matters a lot less then just actually making anything that could be seen as completed content for the game.

johnyakuza1

Jun 5, 2022

1. He wiped the slate clean on F95 by deleting all his comments, and then the account, as he was here since 2017 and made crapton of replies, in both the LOK thread and this one. There were many false promises and people were starting to point them out. Example, 0.11 was promised to be done in September, which got delayed to October and then came out in the end of November. He also promised monthly updates, but we all know how that's going.

Here's my comment from back then, if you want to check the whole fiasco out: https://f95zone.to/threads/pizza-hot-v0-12-beta3-abelius.94426/post-12504999 :KEK: :KEK:

2. It's a work ethic problem, nothing will change that. You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

menolurker

Jun 10, 2021

The saddest part to me is that he complains about people subbing and cancelling right away - if he actually published regular updates, he'd get regular subs. Nobody wants to pay monthly for a bi-annual release though. HE is the reason he has unreliable subs, and I hope he can figure out a better routine because this is otherwise one of my favourite games... just needs regular updates and he'll do well. For now, he's his own worst enemy.

johnyakuza1

Jun 5, 2022
I see this game is often compared with Unaware in the City (UITC) so I wanted to point out the sheer difference in mindset and motivation of these two developers and completely contrasting work ethics. I'm quoting the recent update from the UITC dev here...

"
As the title suggests, I've hired more people, and I'm still not done yet! With this project, I'm merely trying to prove that by running a Patreon project, you don't need to milk people with fake projects that have "great potential" but charge you $20-40 to play the latest release on day 1, have no content updates every few months, make false promises, ignore feedback, avoid questions, and refuse to hire more people while shamelessly taking your money and scratching their balls. I want to prove that it's possible to make a great game with actual content, listen to feedback, talk with your fans, make the project transparent, and have the guts to deal with people without running away from uncomfortable questions, since I have nothing to hide (although I learned to ignore obvious trolls and people picking fights).

Exactly a year ago, this project was earning around $1,000 (gross/brutto), while now it's earning around $5,000 (also gross/brutto), which wouldn't have been possible without hard work and investing in this project. But because it's still not enough to hire a full team, I had to take out a loan that I'll have to pay back in 12 months. I want to make this project the best in its genre, which is why with December's engine update, this project will also get a lot of features and improvements thanks to my new team working on it. No more me alone doing everything by myself, but now a carefully selected team of passionate members who will take a big load off my shoulders while doing their job better than me since I'm no writer, graphic artist, or animator. But I can do game design and programming, and finally, I'll be able to focus on those!

"
Both these devs earn the same amount, and Abelius even exceeded $7K a month at some point during the 0.11 release. I'm not trying to endorse one game over the other, but any sane person can think for themselves why Pizza Hot is such a barebones mess.

I wouldn't condone going as far as to take out loans for your game, but the dev that is committed to complete his game and add content to it, will add content to it no matter the circumstances. One understands that he needs help and could use another pair of hands, and the other never wants to give another dime to anyone except his artist. It's crystal clear who is simply in the business of milking and giving a hundred reasons why he needs another few months to add the next five minutes of content. :WeSmart:

Last edited:

V1w5ftw

Feb 5, 2020
I cant clean when I press the cabinet at the kitchen, did it get removed? or is there another way to clean

4.00 star(s) 96 Votes