iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
The repack has everything you need, including translation. Everything works with the correct default installation. Also, a translation requires a working Internet.
No it doesn't.

There are two torrent downloads in the OP. One claims to be 'Playhome full' and one is named "Playhome All-in-one-repack"
I downloaded the latter.

Playhome [All-In-One Re-Pack].rar contains the base game (in 64bit and 32 bit) and nothing else.
The plugin folder is empty. neither of the .exe are the English launcher and there doesn't seem to be any translation of any kind. Online or otherwise

I don't know what the "full" torrent contains, because I assumed that the repack would have everything I needed.
Also, I can't attempt to get the translation from hongfire, because the link won't open.
Did hongfire finally completely die? I know their forum has become more and more unusable over the years.

Edit: If i'm wrong, by all means, point me to whichever file it's all supposed to be in.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit2: Tried out both torrents again. The 'All in one Repack' is 5.66GB. The 'Full' is 6.40GB. So the version not marked as 'All in one' seems to actually contain more stuff.
Poor labelling on the part of the original poster, I assume.

Well, that said, they're both .rar files, so maybe one is just compressed better than the other?
I can't compare the actual content until the second torrent finishes downloading.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckd2041

Grandy_UiD

May 16, 2019
No it doesn't.

There are two torrent downloads in the OP. One claims to be 'Playhome full' and one is named "Playhome All-in-one-repack"
I downloaded the latter.

Playhome [All-In-One Re-Pack].rar contains the base game (in 64bit and 32 bit) and nothing else.
The plugin folder is empty. neither of the .exe are the English launcher and there doesn't seem to be any translation of any kind. Online or otherwise

I don't know what the "full" torrent contains, because I assumed that the repack would have everything I needed.
Also, I can't attempt to get the translation from hongfire, because the link won't open.
Did hongfire finally completely die? I know their forum has become more and more unusable over the years.

Edit: If i'm wrong, by all means, point me to whichever file it's all supposed to be in.

Edit2: Tried out both torrents again. The 'All in one Repack' is 5.66GB. The 'Full' is 6.40GB. So the version not marked as 'All in one' seems to actually contain more stuff.

Well, that said, they're both .rar files, so maybe one is just compressed better than the other?
I can't compare the actual content until the second torrent finishes downloading.
Don't download from the links in the OP. Download this:

This one DOES include literally everything. It's over 40GB.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Don't download from the links in the OP. Download this:

This one DOES include literally everything. It's over 40GB.
Yeah, no thanks. The filesize being massively inflated isn't really a draw to me.
The "Full" torrent from the OP is less than 7GB, and contains both the English launcher and a partial translation.
The translation could be better, but it seems functional.

If anyone has a link to the final version of the english translation mod, I'd be glad to download that and drop it into my Plugins folder, but I have no desire to download 40GB of mods for this.

I tried the Better Repack for Ai Shoujo, and frankly I wasn't impressed.

I played both the vanilla steam version (tormented, obviously) and the better repack, and the only meaningful difference was that BR doesn't need a patch to add the sex-content back in, had (fixed now) a way shittier English translation, and that the filesize was massively inflated.

I don't even know what was taking up all that space, becasue if I take the Fitgirl repack (torrented steam version) add all the H-content back in, then mod it as much as I want and download about 20 charactr cards, it'd end up being about 30gb. Or less.

Ric

Oct 21, 2016
No it doesn't.

I downloaded the latter.

I did not talk about what is in the OP. The OP is an old version of the game. The updated version of the game is repack 2 + fix. This works without problems. #910

Reactions: anonykun

Grandy_UiD

May 16, 2019
Yeah, no thanks. The filesize being massively inflated isn't really a draw to me.
The "Full" torrent from the OP is less than 7GB, and contains both the English launcher and a partial translation.
The translation could be better, but it seems functional.

If anyone has a link to the final version of the english translation mod, I'd be glad to download that and drop it into my Plugins folder, but I have no desire to download 40GB of mods for this.

I tried the Better Repack for Ai Shoujo, and frankly I wasn't impressed.

I played both the vanilla steam version (tormented, obviously) and the better repack, and the only meaningful difference was that BR doesn't need a patch to add the sex-content back in, had (fixed now) a way shittier English translation, and that the filesize was massively inflated.

I don't even know what was taking up all that space, becasue if I take the Fitgirl repack (torrented steam version) add all the H-content back in, then mod it as much as I want and download about 20 charactr cards, it'd end up being about 30gb. Or less.
Well then...don't.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Well then...don't.
I won't. I already said that.

I did grab the newest version of the translation from Screw This Noise's github, but it looks to be functionally the same as the version in the OP, so maybe that was a wasted effort.

Either way. The Torrent in OP marked as 'Playhome Full' has a functional and translated version of the game, and it's only 6+GB.

ragisraad

Apr 10, 2020
Do you know free content modders?
The last one guy I found that kept doing mods for PH for free, ceased his works atm. :(
I need more, it's never enough.

GweiloSONE

Sep 6, 2018
Just updated from my own installation to ScrewThis Noise R2

Cant seem to get VRGedou to launch. Tried applying the standard PH VR mod via IPA and none of the translations were working anymore.

Anyone know how to get VRGedou to work with R2? Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Steam VR running

GweiloSONE

Sep 6, 2018
Just updated from my own installation to ScrewThis Noise R2

Cant seem to get VRGedou to launch. Tried applying the standard PH VR mod via IPA and none of the translations were working anymore.

Anyone know how to get VRGedou to work with R2? Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Steam VR running
update: got it to launch but am unable to interact with the menu, which is a new vr menu not the standard menu in VR like with the old vr mod

i can see my hand controllers but am unable to actuate any controls or lasers or in any way interact with the menu

NinjaNoto

Apr 30, 2019

View attachment 532573
If you have trouble starting the game, start the game once through the launcher (InitSetting.exe), this will check for errors and fix them as well before starting the game.

This game is heavily compressed to allow for a smaller install size (70.3GB compressed down to 43.0GB when extracted from the 7z archive), so little use comparing it on size to other repacks.

This is the readme for the pack, detailing the contents:

FULL (Contains the whole pack, this one should get you up and running)
Google Drive

After installing the full game, installing the hotfix2 is required!

HOTFIX 2#917

HOTFIX 1

Patreon
I’d very much appreciate it if you would all think about supporting me on patreon, but keep in mind that I won’t paywall my packs, this is just for supporting me making my packs better :)

There is currently a direct download option exclusive to patreons, take a peek at [ ] for more information. ~.~

cant currently download your the packs. says it has been downloaded or viewed to many times

Reactions: Degro

Ric

Oct 21, 2016
cant currently download your the packs. says it has been downloaded or viewed to many times
Everything loads without problems. If you mean downloading via torrent, then you should know how it works (this is a basic function). Often versions change, but the name is the same when downloading. In this case, when you start the torrent, you receive a notification that file it already exists. Remove the old file from the torrent list and download the new one...

GweiloSONE

Sep 6, 2018
lol he's talking about that google drive thing
if you have enough room in your Drive for the whole file (unlikely unless you paid for more space), import it to your Drive - this will place a shortcut in your Drive. Then, navigate to your Drive, right-click on the shortcut and choose "view location" which will bring you to the "shared with me" directory. Then right click on the file and choose "make a copy". You now have the file in your drive and can download it via googlesync or directly.

if you don't have 30GB of free space in your Drive then you'll have to just use the torrent

4.70 star(s) 10 Votes