Votes: 289 9.0%
  • Any or all of the above

Votes: 1,120 35.0%

• Total voters

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
clowns234 Am getting sick of having to start anew at every update cause old saves don’t work. I’m dropping my pledge until this is sorted.
As a player, I understand your frustration. I have used the skip unseen text numerous times.
As a dev, I can only point out that this project is first and foremost a learning experience for me and my main focus is to improve and get to the end with a methodology that I can use for future projects. For those who follow along with me, I appreciate the support and the feedback.

King Wan

Mar 13, 2022
As a player, I understand your frustration. I have used the skip unseen text numerous times.
As a dev, I can only point out that this project is first and foremost a learning experience for me and my main focus is to improve and get to the end with a methodology that I can use for future projects. For those who follow along with me, I appreciate the support and the feedback.
Then add saves that work to the game. I had 4 routes, Tim, Tom, Lisa and Alice, Lisa with Tom and others. Add saves end of 11 in all routes to start 12.

MrPerson28475

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
About saves and restarting the game at each update,
Personally, I don't mind starting from scratch because it's not a long game compared to others.
I save only at a choice when it comes up, that way I can either change my mind if using a save or refer to a chart I've written out showing all possible combinations of choices.

Reactions: clowns234

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Then add saves that work to the game. I had 4 routes, Tim, Tom, Lisa and Alice, Lisa with Tom and others. Add saves end of 11 in all routes to start 12.
As far as I know, there are no more issues with the saves or the 'continue' option. I've tested it every way I can think of. Saves from v11 should work with v12.

Reactions: Ph4r40h

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
About saves and restarting the game at each update,
Personally, I don't mind starting from scratch because it's not a long game compared to others.
I save only at a choice when it comes up, that way I can either change my mind if using a save or refer to a chart I've written out showing all possible combinations of choices.
It takes my computer one to two minutes to skip from beginning to end, depending on what choices the game chose.

For those who might care about such things:
The option to let the game decide the choices was added as a testing procedure, and I use it a lot. Even though most people will never use it, I left it in the game as a player option for the few that might.

King Wan

Mar 13, 2022
As far as I know, there are no more issues with the saves or the 'continue' option. I've tested it every way I can think of. Saves from v11 should work with v12.
I really hope so. None of my saves end .10 work on the .11p version. I just get 'tags' errors.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I really hope so. None of my saves end .10 work on the .11p version. I just get 'tags' errors.
I made a major change in how the tag names work in this last update, so no saves would ever work. But as I said before, that issue should be fixed now.

Reactions: King Wan

Urelsor

Jun 18, 2017
Hey, is there an overview or can someone tell me roughly how many routes there are and if possible the important choices to get to these routes. Also, are there always just two choices per scene or can there be more depending on prvious choices from different routes?

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Hey, is there an overview or can someone tell me roughly how many routes there are and if possible the important choices to get to these routes. Also, are there always just two choices per scene or can there be more depending on prvious choices from different routes?
Twins Tim and Tom, and their cousin Alice all have paths leading to Lisa (the twins Mom). How quickly they get there, if at all, will depend on your choices. I think the choices are fairly straight forward. For example, if you want Lisa and Alice to hook up, make sure your choices favor that (i.e. kiss when you get the chance).

Urelsor

Jun 18, 2017
Twins Tim and Tom, and their cousin Alice all have paths leading to Lisa (the twins Mom). How quickly they get there, if at all, will depend on your choices. I think the choices are fairly straight forward. For example, if you want Lisa and Alice to hook up, make sure your choices favor that (i.e. kiss when you get the chance).
Thank you for the answer.
Can you roughly say how many Savegames I will need to see all content / all paths? Are more than 2 necessary?

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Thank you for the answer.
Can you roughly say how many Savegames I will need to see all content / all paths? Are more than 2 necessary?
There are about ten choices that affect the game so far, plus one or two random dialogs. To see every possible render would be a lot.
But most of the choices come down to the three main paths of Alice, Tim, and Tom.
Hope that helps.
I am kicking around the idea of allowing you to choose which 'team' (Alice, Tim, or Tom) you are on at the start and then there would only be choices that affect that path, but that wouldn't be for a while.

Reactions: Ph4r40h and Urelsor

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Like the play so far unfortunately the last update for Android will not download so have to wait for next update bummer
Have you tried the joiplay app? I am told it works.

MrPerson28475

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
I am kicking around the idea of allowing you to choose which 'team' (Alice, Tim, or Tom) you are on at the start and then there would only be choices that affect that path, but that wouldn't be for a while.
Personally I would save that Idea until your game is completed.
Then maybe make 3 short stories based on each path, and maybe add a couple of changed renders and a bit of changed or extra dialogue to each. That way you are not replaying a story you have already gone through in the main game.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
clowns234 - I installed Favorite Son 0.11p, and there is a bug that I hope you will fix. If you go to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\RenPy, this game creates two persistent folders. It creates one in the FavoriteSon-1641926162 folder, as it should. But it also creates on in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\RenPy, which is shouldn't. Please remove the extra persistent folder.
In my code, I set up a multipersistent file 'favson' that is stored in the appdata/roaming/persistent folder.
Is that what you are referring to?

Last edited:
2.60 star(s) 25 Votes