• Tom

Votes: 289 9.0%
  • Any or all of the above

Votes: 1,120 35.0%

• Total voters

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
I just keep getting 'tags' is not defined as the error some saves will load but crash shortly after

D Dog

Jul 31, 2018
clowns234 , I was able to load a save from I believe v-012 and got to the new V-014. But if I load a save from the end of v-013 it crashes all the time. Thought you should know.

Reactions: clowns234

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I just keep getting 'tags' is not defined as the error some saves will load but crash shortly after
If you want to send me the save files, I can take a look. The saves I had from the last update work for me.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
clowns234 , I was able to load a save from I believe v-012 and got to the new V-014. But if I load a save from the end of v-013 it crashes all the time. Thought you should know.
Thanks. I don't plan on changing the existing code any more, except to add new content, so hopefully that will begin to minimize the game save issues going forward. I did go back and clean up some code, which I'm thinking now may be causing some issues with saves. Renpy has an option by default to add 'clauses to calls' so I suspect there is some issues with saves and how it handles returns from subroutines. Feel free to send me your save files and I will use them to try to figure out the issue.

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
If you want to send me the save files, I can take a look. The saves I had from the last update work for me.
This one was strange. What you see in the save thumb was there before, but when I would load it it would be a choice with Mrs Chance.. then after picking a choice and going back one screen a choice would show with the aunt and after that I was able to play through what I'm guessing is the new content in my chosen path.. either I say yes and tell the girls they're staying in the aunts room, or I say no and Tim bangs Steph just after that choice "with a number where dialogue should be" but everything else after that is the same until the end where Tim tells the aunt she's moving in with them.

Don't worry about this on my account, that's one thing I like about your game is minimal choices so it's easy to skip through when needed so I started from the beginning and played through.

Last edited:

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
This one was strange. What you see in the save thumb was there before, but when I would load it it would be a choice with Mrs Chance.. then after picking a choice and going back one screen a choice would show with the aunt and after that I was able to play through what I'm guessing is the new content in my chosen path.. either I say yes and tell the girls they're staying in the aunts room, or I say no and Tim bangs Steph just after that choice "with a number where dialogue should be" but everything else after that is the same until the end where Tim tells the aunt she's moving in with them.
By rolling back on your save, I got an error triggered by the side image, the image that appears with the dialog. I changed from a static image to a *.webm animation over a year ago, which ties it into renpy's 'audio channel'. I never thought much of it since it always seemed to work.
It's definitely something to look into. It wouldn't take much to change back to a static image. Thanks for the feedback.

Reactions: fishbrain

D Dog

Jul 31, 2018
Thanks. I don't plan on changing the existing code any more, except to add new content, so hopefully that will begin to minimize the game save issues going forward. I did go back and clean up some code, which I'm thinking now may be causing some issues with saves. Renpy has an option by default to add 'clauses to calls' so I suspect there is some issues with saves and how it handles returns from subroutines. Feel free to send me your save files and I will use them to try to figure out the issue.
My saves , saves in slot 5 are new walkthrough while saves 3-1, 3-2, and 3-3 crash on me.

Reactions: clowns234

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
My saves , saves in slot 5 are new walkthrough while saves 3-1, 3-2, and 3-3 crash on me.
3-1, 3-2, & 3-3 all trigger the same error that fishbrain had with his saves.
Using animations in the side images may have some unwanted side effects when it comes to saves.
EDIT: Changing it may prevent that issue in the future. Unfortunately, it will make all existing saves unusable. Something for me to think about before the next update.

Last edited:
Reactions: D Dog

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Thank you for looking into this.
I searched the forums here and it seem other Devs have had similar errors when using webm files in renpy and when using other mods.
Not sure if it applies here, but something for me to look into.

EDIT:
RenpyTom 'I see the problem, I think.'
Hopefully, he will show me what I am doing wrong. I shall let you know what he comes up with. :)

Last edited:

Kame-Sennin

Engaged Member
Aug 29, 2017
To think that the title of the game is "favorite "SON" SON not daughter but majority seems to favored Alice . I thought the rivalry is between the two brothers

Reactions: mulerider

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
To think that the title of the game is "favorite "SON" SON not daughter but majority seems to favored Alice . I thought the rivalry is between the two brothers
Yea, I was surprised by that poll. And also, as the poll numbers go up, the ratios seem to remain constant.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I understand your point. I'll just point out that being a 'Favorite Son' isn't exclusive to just their mother. The game isn't called 'Their Mother's Favorite Son'. The player gets the choice for the different characters to decide, of Lisa's sons, who their favorite is.

• Haha
Reactions: Toushiro

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Saves from version 013x in the latest version do not work for me?:cry:
Version 13x was my attempt to try something that ended up causing more problems than it solved. So I did away with continuing it. As stated in the OP, "Since this is a game under development, old saves may not work. Know that before downloading." While I feel bad for players (as a player I wouldn't like it), all I can do is move forward. I do have the guys behind Renpy (RenpyTom and others) looking into it over on github.
FYI - Fast-forwarding to the new content takes me about a minute.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
i cannot wait for a tom path where he get all the girls xD ,is there a prequel ? cause the game start
implying that there were previous events between the mother and tom in background
No prequel. Certain parts of the back story are revealed as you play. More will follow.

Reactions: D Dog
2.60 star(s) 25 Votes