Votes: 347 48.9%
  • Hard

Votes: 145 20.4%
  • Very Hard

Votes: 111 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 5, 2021
There should be a "Fonts" folder with the game's fonts to install if you want to see them, I don't know if there's any bugs for not using them though
Any idea why joiplay gets stuck in a blackscreen on game startup?

I kept mashing enter until it brought me to a dialogue that says that starting position wasn't set on the map editor and it can't continue. Then an error box "SpriteWindow" line 610 pops up

Last edited:

Karmacc

Pokeich Developer
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2018
Any idea why joiplay gets stuck in a blackscreen on game startup?

I kept mashing enter until it brought me to a dialogue that says that starting position wasn't set on the map editor and it can't continue. Then an error box "SpriteWindow" line 610 pops up
Joiplay isn't supported by me as I've never used it, but if you are using the pokemon essentials branch of joiplay and it doesn't work then I don't know what to tell you

at some point I'll make a native port but for now you just have to hope essentials joiplay works

Jul 5, 2021
Joiplay isn't supported by me as I've never used it, but if you are using the pokemon essentials branch of joiplay and it doesn't work then I don't know what to tell you

at some point I'll make a native port but for now you just have to hope essentials joiplay works
The solution is to move the game folder to internal storage. Just mindlessly tried it and it worked

Reactions: Karmacc

yumsix

Nov 13, 2017
I'm really enjoying the game, and I am keeping it under my radar, unfortunately, it's hard for me to completely enjoy it due to the stuttering. I tried your two methods of enabling/disabling the settings in f1 and setting my affinity to 1 core, but no luck.

Am I missing something?

Karmacc

Pokeich Developer
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2018
I'm really enjoying the game, and I am keeping it under my radar, unfortunately, it's hard for me to completely enjoy it due to the stuttering. I tried your two methods of enabling/disabling the settings in f1 and setting my affinity to 1 core, but no luck.

Am I missing something?
The next update is an engine upgrade which fixes lag, I've also been porting the game to unity which will fix all engine problems

Reactions: WeebLoop

IchigoASO

Jan 24, 2021
when is the next patch coming? it been a few months since new patch. also i promoted this on my discord and a discord that i am a part of.

Karmacc

Pokeich Developer
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2018
when is the next patch coming? it been a few months since new patch. also i promoted this on my discord and a discord that i am a part of.
Cant say the exact date but I need to draw 6 pieces of art, their vars and one of two animations

IchigoASO

Jan 24, 2021
Cant say the exact date but I need to draw 6 pieces of art, their vars and one of two animations
is that all that is left or all that is in needed for the patch? if that is all that is going to be in patch u need some help with the game. cuz I could do it faster half asleep. the drawing wouldn't be as good cuz i suck at that, but the coding and 6 drawing and animation would be done in about about 3-6 weeks(depending on the coding about and the animation)

Karmacc

Pokeich Developer
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2018
is that all that is left or all that is in needed for the patch? if that is all that is going to be in patch u need some help with the game. cuz I could do it faster half asleep. the drawing wouldn't be as good cuz i suck at that, but the coding and 6 drawing and animation would be done in about about 3-6 weeks(depending on the coding about and the animation)
The coding is done for rpgmaker, I'm just drawing and then moving on to unity and finishing the coding there, so I'm fine on my own. Most time this update was spent on other things like unity assets for the future and rewriting the script to make an actual cohesive story so long waits like this in the future should be toned down. I appreciate the offer but I'm okay on my own.

Reactions: IchigoASO

Jash83

Jun 8, 2019
The next update is an engine upgrade which fixes lag, I've also been porting the game to unity which will fix all engine problems
Oh. I guess that means there's no chance of saves being compatible and we have to start over from the beginning. Oh well.

Karmacc

Pokeich Developer
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2018
Oh. I guess that means there's no chance of saves being compatible and we have to start over from the beginning. Oh well.
I'll have a save recreation system for unity to go up to whatever point you were at, also next update will be a save wipe but it's a complete rebalance so it should be more about strategy then grind next update. I also rewrote a lot of the early script so the characters should be more unique

IchigoASO

Jan 24, 2021
The coding is done for rpgmaker, I'm just drawing and then moving on to unity and finishing the coding there, so I'm fine on my own. Most time this update was spent on other things like unity assets for the future and rewriting the script to make an actual cohesive story so long waits like this in the future should be toned down. I appreciate the offer but I'm okay on my own.
that is good to know and explains a lot. u where doing more of the script then what was coming in new patch. that is smart and dumb at same time. yes it lessen ur future burden, but will lose the protect support. that mainly cuz u didn't inform those supporting u about that.(at least i have not seen any info on this matter till last 4.5hrs)

IchigoASO

Jan 24, 2021
like i sad i like the game and i want it to succeed. that is y I'm being a bit harsh btw.(not that harsh but still harsh in short I can be 50x harder but that is reserved for trash game or idiots who seem determined to rain there game)

Karmacc

Pokeich Developer
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2018
that is good to know and explains a lot. u where doing more of the script then what was coming in new patch. that is smart and dumb at same time. yes it lessen ur future burden, but will lose the protect support. that mainly cuz u didn't inform those supporting u about that.(at least i have not seen any info on this matter till last 4.5hrs)
I informed my patrons in the discord (which is where I give game updates for supporters) a while back, and I told non supporters on the disc earlier this week. It does mean a loss in the short term, but I'm not really concerned about the short term.

GLDCord

Mar 22, 2020
how much content is available right now?
1 to 2 scenes with most human characters, 1 to 4 with pokemon, you can get a full team. This is a pokemon style game so there is level grinding so about 2 to 4 hours depending on skill, knowledge, and rather or not you take the time to read anything. It's now a fuck fest so you got to work for your reward. I was entertained

Reactions: hentai charley
3.40 star(s) 10 Votes