Votes: 111 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Karmacc

Pokeich Developer
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2018
anything new?
Moving into my new place and getting my pc an internet in a week or two. For now I only have data and no pc so nothing can be done rn except research and theorycrafting and find weird micronieche mechanics that need to be implemented in pokeich's pokemon module code for when it is uploaded to github.

After I'm all set I'll be streaming on picarto the development (mostly art for now)

Firegerard117

Jan 14, 2018
Por cierto, aquí hay un parche que hice, si funciona, reacciona a esta publicación y lo agregaré al OP.
Simplemente guárdelo en un pokecenter (si puede) y colóquelo en su carpeta raíz, si desea asegurarse de que no corrompa nada al 100%, copie sus archivos guardados en un lugar seguro.
[/CITA]
¿No entendí qué hace el parche? y donde va el que dice ponerlo en la carpeta raíz?

Karmacc

Pokeich Developer
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2018
If anyone's wondering about the state of pokeich unity it is being ported to godot and progress is extremely fast due to godot's language being easy to write/understand alongside the fact that godots Editor code is easy letting me make the work flow significantly easier/faster to visual make

Many things I had extreme trouble with in unity like pixel art scaling is just how godot works so the game now looks how I intended. Pokemon essentials's variable saving is also now 1 to 1 allowing me to speed make things like I did in essentials while also being able to combine the better parts of my unity code with essentials code.

it's already almost done up to everything but the battle system which needs to be reorganized to godot's node based system like everything else so far

I'm also sick so I've been spending all day coding. The art streams will start after I get my ethernet set up on the 21st luckily this has given me time to derust from not working on the game for a few weeks

also godot doesn't make my CPU cry (fps being in the hundreds compared to double digits)

TLDR: unity's future plans made unity untenable but godot is quite fast and I can get back to the current unity state without much of a hassle.

GLDCord

Mar 22, 2020
If anyone's wondering about the state of pokeich unity it is being ported to godot and progress is extremely fast due to godot's language being easy to write/understand alongside the fact that godots Editor code is easy letting me make the work flow significantly easier/faster to visual make

Many things I had extreme trouble with in unity like pixel art scaling is just how godot works so the game now looks how I intended. Pokemon essentials's variable saving is also now 1 to 1 allowing me to speed make things like I did in essentials while also being able to combine the better parts of my unity code with essentials code.

it's already almost done up to everything but the battle system which needs to be reorganized to godot's node based system like everything else so far

I'm also sick so I've been spending all day coding. The art streams will start after I get my ethernet set up on the 21st luckily this has given me time to derust from not working on the game for a few weeks

also godot doesn't make my CPU cry (fps being in the hundreds compared to double digits)

TLDR: unity's future plans made unity untenable but godot is quite fast and I can get back to the current unity state without much of a hassle.
I would jump ship from Unity as well. There new business model is full of to many holes with the vibe of '"just trust me I know what I'm doing"

Karmacc

Pokeich Developer
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2018
I would jump ship from Unity as well. There new business model is full of to many holes with the vibe of '"just trust me I know what I'm doing"
A big concern of mine is if they just randomly decided that patreon income counts as well and not just whatever they consider
"""sales""""

Mind you unreal engines minimum payout to them requires 10 million dollars and unity's is 200k

GLDCord

Mar 22, 2020
A big concern of mine is if they just randomly decided that patreon income counts as well and not just whatever they consider
"""sales""""

Mind you unreal engines minimum payout to them requires 10 million dollars and unity's is 200k
The patreon is new to me but at this point I wouldn't even try using Unity. There software was said to count by devices and not the sales. So if I got a game on my phone and there logged into 3 other phones to play the game. The developer get's charged 4 times. They are also claiming it will some how not charge you for pirated games but refuse to tell anyone HOW it can do it. Unity is doing the equivalent of corporate suicide

Karmacc

Pokeich Developer
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2018
The patreon is new to me but at this point I wouldn't even try using Unity. There software was said to count by devices and not the sales. So if I got a game on my phone and there logged into 3 other phones to play the game. The developer get's charged 4 times. They are also claiming it will some how not charge you for pirated games but refuse to tell anyone HOW it can do it. Unity is doing the equivalent of corporate suicide
I know about all of that, its why I did it in the first place. Also your ceo doesn't become the antagonist of no more heroes 3 if he's a liked person that people respect.

The craziest one was saying that WebGL loading also counted so refreshing a page the second a game loads with a script could be a wallet nuke for any modern NG developer

ecroose

Nov 12, 2019
apparently the CEO was CEO of EA games first, and like a week or two before this decision he sold like 20m of stock. This is some conspiracy level bulshit

Karmacc

Pokeich Developer
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2018
apparently the CEO was CEO of EA games first, and like a week or two before this decision he sold like 20m of stock. This is some conspiracy level bulshit
he was made CEO after coming up with the idea for lootboxes in FIFA 09 and thought about charging people for ammo in battlefield. He was forced to resign because his short term profit idea is good for startups looking to get acquired sell quick then let the company go bankrupt. However his IP damage to EA lost them a lot of "asset value" and made the company volatile to failure entirely relying on 2 games to generate cash. EA is to this day extremely prone to suddenly bursting (made worse by them losing the rights to FIFA)

Based on the fact that a LOT of execs at Unity sold their stocks it seems they're hoping to get acquired and bail as unity's engine is slipping far from unreal for 3d and relies entirely on gacha games/Ads to make money (Extreme volatility). And to do that they are pumping their short term income to make themselves an easier sell as on paper they're making tons of cash and their stock will rise because traders just see high rapid revenue increases

TLDR: He's a shit CEO that only believes in rapid short term growth makes no long term ideas. And hopes to pump unity to sell
Also he chaired the ESRB for some reason

Kokocho24

May 16, 2018
I'm loving the game but i would like to suggest maybe updating the patreon at least to show that the game is still being worked on cause the last post was over two years ago

Karmacc

Pokeich Developer
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2018
I'm loving the game but i would like to suggest maybe updating the patreon at least to show that the game is still being worked on cause the last post was over two years ago
True. I've been posting all updates and pics I have for patrons in my discord just in case patreon didn't like them or I thought they weren't big enough for a good post, but I do really need to consistently post there again

Kokocho24

May 16, 2018
True. I've been posting all updates and pics I have for patrons in my discord just in case patreon didn't like them or I thought they weren't big enough for a good post, but I do really need to consistently post there again
i know patreon is kinda shitty i was more suggesting just an update thats like hey the game is still being worked on all updates are on discord something like that

Reactions: Karmacc
3.40 star(s) 10 Votes