3.80 star(s) 82 Votes

SINtax EroRR

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2017
I think this might be worth adressing, since I'm not the only one seeing the slowdows. Maybe break the city up in two chunks? It is already seperated by a bridge, and by not forcing the whole thing to load at once would probably reduce the problem by a lot. (Don't know how easy it would be to do, never really messed with rpgmaker)
Difficult? No. Tedious? Kinda.

The issue with splitting the city in two is that it kinda screws the continuity in terms of overworld design. Its the same in pretty much every pokemon game. The only areas segregated into different zones are building interiors, while exteriors are all interconnected (with the exclusion of elevated areas, like some cities having two layers, kind of like this game's Eclipse City and the Sewers). The only example this game has of this "splitting up" is at the entrance of Nephilim forest, where the continuity can be altered a little since I was changing the tiles used for the overworld design. (try walking back and forth from the forest and into Eros Town and you can see the clear asset change).

I can take your suggestion to create two zones and have the player be transported before they can see how it affects the city, but that is going to be a longer process that would probably be part of the next update prior to gym 3. Thank you for your time.

TAGELD

May 18, 2019
I
Difficult? No. Tedious? Kinda.

The issue with splitting the city in two is that it kinda screws the continuity in terms of overworld design. Its the same in pretty much every pokemon game. The only areas segregated into different zones are building interiors, while exteriors are all interconnected (with the exclusion of elevated areas, like some cities having two layers, kind of like this game's Eclipse City and the Sewers). The only example this game has of this "splitting up" is at the entrance of Nephilim forest, where the continuity can be altered a little since I was changing the tiles used for the overworld design. (try walking back and forth from the forest and into Eros Town and you can see the clear asset change).

I can take your suggestion to create two zones and have the player be transported before they can see how it affects the city, but that is going to be a longer process that would probably be part of the next update prior to gym 3. Thank you for your time.
I meant more like "Eclipse City Beach" and "Port Charlie Docks" are different areas. you can just go from one into the other without a transition, but I noticed if you get close to the border the game lags a bit (presumably to load the other area). That way, when the game loads the city, it doesn't load the whole city at once, just one part, reducing the slowdown. (Sorry to keep hammering this point, the game is great otherwise, but the slowdown really made it annoying for me to play at times)

SINtax EroRR

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2017
also, did you decide to not put the audino breeder in this new city, or am I just blind?
No Audino breeder this time, no.

I meant more like "Eclipse City Beach" and "Port Charlie Docks" are different areas. you can just go from one into the other without a transition, but I noticed if you get close to the border the game lags a bit (presumably to load the other area). That way, when the game loads the city, it doesn't load the whole city at once, just one part, reducing the slowdown. (Sorry to keep hammering this point, the game is great otherwise, but the slowdown really made it annoying for me to play at times)
Oh, this is more manageable, yes. I'll see what I can do.

Aderod

Dec 20, 2017
Will there be normal versions of Lopunny/Gardevoir/etc (and their earlier forms) in the game world or just current "special" ones?

God_Batman

Feb 8, 2018
More about this and settings?
On joiplay RPG settings
Enable these:
use ruby 1.8
Pre-built cache path
Faster path enumeration
Enable postload scripts
Windows size 800-600 ( for weak phones only )
Downscale large bitmaps

Disable smooth scaling ( for weak phones only )

On joiplay P. Essentials enable:
P. Essencial fixes
Tile map fixes by inori-z
Disable auto-tile animation ( for weak phones only )

Then configure the controls
1 = C
4 = x
5 = Z

Don't ever open the map, it's going to crash if you do, why??? First because there isn't a map and because joiplay doesn't handle it for now.

If your game doesn't open, try to delete the game and extract again, if it still give errors, search for a more reliable person to help on joiplay server, they know how to make Fixes and stuff.

Reactions: Bbyxqq

Talosa

Dec 22, 2017
Hey where is the save path for the game, I keep getting Save Failed messages whenever I try to save. I think it's writing to a nonexistent folder.

DemonXros

Apr 17, 2021
i love the actualition dev! :D i hope you have a great new year ^^
also, you think to make the scenes animated in the future?
sorry for the bad inglish have a nice day

Anonuser5621

Jan 23, 2022
I really have no problem with a pokemon game being hard, heck i really like it. In pokemon games I always ditch the starter and catch some "weak" pokemons to make it more interesting. I also don't use items during a fight as you could consider it p2w.
The ONLY problem I have with your game ( loving it so far except for that first fight ) is that I have no real input in fight with Asha. The only thing to win I can do is use items or go the rng route. I can't train, I can't swap a pokemon. When you have no input in a fight losing it is just frustrating.
I love that you can catch many pokemons right of the bat, but I can't do that before that one fight. I've lost 10 times before finally using an item to win as I was getting bored with the double team rng ( which makes that fight kind of p2w ).
Heck make the game as hard as you like and I bet many players will love that, but do that after we can actually play the game ( catch some pokemons, train etc).
I know late reply, but I just tried that game 1st time, and i needed like 2 trys to beat her, even tho the only pokemon game i played was Let´s go and tbh this was no challange at all, so you cant really count that. So I have good rng or you were damn unlucky(didnt use an item btw)

notamasochist

Nov 19, 2017
Are there any nature changing candies in this game? Cos i sorta saved after getting Gardevoir, went to get her from my pc and saw that she had an adamamnt nature, now im debatiing starting the game from scratch to fix this.

omeganecross

Aug 6, 2017
good work, my dream is for this to be the lenght of an actual pokemon game, that would make this game instantly legendary

Benagonz

Jun 22, 2020
Goddamn it, I've softlocked when entering the grunt base in the forest. Time to start all the way from the beginning.

3.80 star(s) 82 Votes