3.80 star(s) 82 Votes

SINtax EroRR

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2017
Mints don't change a nature, they only have the technical purpose of changing stats.

So adding mints is just going to serve the minmaxing purpose, it won't fix the fundamental "natures don't fit their personalities" problem.

Pokémon Essentials :

I wouldn't call it "cheating", if you're the one that decides what nature each of the waifumons would be preset with. In fact, it does the opposite: it would prevent savescumming (because you totally can do it right now, by relaunching the game to before the waifumon joins your party) and add an extra layer of difficulty to the game; no cheesing via stat min-maxing.
Ultimately though, I just think they should have preset natures because the waifumons have actual personalities as exhibited in their events/stories and their natures should reflect that.

And should you want to keep the stat minmaxing aspect of the game; well, that would be the perfect opportunity for adding Mints.
I'll have a look at this, thanks. I must not have understood the details correctly when I read it last because this part went over my head.

As for preset nature based on personalities, I normally would agree with you. Yes, having natures that match the waifumon's in-game personality would be cool, and helps with the immersion. My issue with that is the stats affected by each nature(excluding natures that do not affect stats). Like imagine if a waifumon was designed to be a tank/defensive unit, but their in-game narrative requires them to have a Nature that focuses on ATK and reduces SP DEF for example, and that is kinda contradictory.

Of course, you could say that I should design the waifumon based on their natures, rather than the other way around, but unfortunately, several waifumon are designed around story/narrative events, and that would also mess with the design aspect around their respective natures. The only other solution, would be to change their in-game personalities to match their best natures, but once again, that leaves a problem for the design aspect. Imagine creating a, let's say; Waifumon Hoopa. The original Hoopa looks like a happy-go-lucky punk who is a troublemaker. Natures like 'Naughty', etc would come to mind. But if I change their personalities to fit their natures and stats, it would also affect their place within the narrative.

Just for clarity, each waifumon is essentially picked ffrom a HUGE list I've made for pokemon that can be redesigned to be 'Waifus.' and Patrons get to vote on which ones get into the game first. I usually give players 5 choices per update, and the winners get swapped out for a new candidate so on and so forth.

So there is a lot of complications regarding Design vs Nature vs Personality vs effects of said Nature to stats vs canon personalities established by narrative. It's a conundrum.

Reactions: 0nymous

0nymous

Nov 16, 2016
Of course, you could say that I should design the waifumon based on their natures
No, rather than that, what I meant is: "You should design the natures around the waifumons", as weird as it may sound.
They're their own characters, and I personally would prioritize flavor/story over mechanical gameplay. So their natures should be who they are, even if it comes at the price of mismatching their combat viability. Still, that is my opinion.

However, have you considered that, as of now, this whole conundrum is not that much of a problem, since all the waifumons' personalities match their "meta" natures anyways?
Lonely suits Lopunny, Naive works well too. Maybe Adamant (the "best" one) is a bit of a stretch though.
Modest is perfect for Gardevoir (Quiet/Mild also work as second choices).
Bashful is perfect for Viruark, although it's a neutral nature, but all the Atk ones fit her just fine as well: Brave/Lonely/Naughty, and, of course, Adamant.

SINtax EroRR

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2017
No, rather than that, what I meant is: "You should design the natures around the waifumons", as weird as it may sound.
They're their own characters, and I personally would prioritize flavor/story over mechanical gameplay. So their natures should be who they are, even if it comes at the price of mismatching their combat viability. Still, that is my opinion.

However, have you considered that, as of now, this whole conundrum is not that much of a problem, since all the waifumons' personalities match their "meta" natures anyways?
Lonely suits Lopunny, Naive works well too. Maybe Adamant (the "best" one) is a bit of a stretch though.
Modest is perfect for Gardevoir (Quiet/Mild also work as second choices).
Bashful is perfect for Viruark, although it's a neutral nature, but all the Atk ones fit her just fine as well: Brave/Lonely/Naughty, and, of course, Adamant.
Honestly, its more a coincidence for now. As more waifumons roll in, the numbers will definitely start getting muddy.

SylveonLily

Nov 23, 2020
Its ok

Its Ok. I do not fear the Nintendo banhammer. Those selfish buggers shut down one of my favourite fan-made pokemon games ever; Pokemon Uranium version. This is retribution. Hahaha.

Pokemon Uranium still receives updates tho, Nintendo failed to shut it down, the download link is just on the subreddit now, rather than the website

kiwhy

Oct 1, 2022
is there a way to edit the player character's position? i got softlocked in the area just after the first gym and cant use the escape rope because of the girl

blubbervink

Oct 15, 2018
either restart the game
is there a way to edit the player character's position? i got softlocked in the area just after the first gym and cant use the escape rope because of the girl
restart your previous safe..
or run debug mode and get out that way

blubbervink

Oct 15, 2018
how can i run debug mode
Sorry for getting back to you so late.
Im really bussy irl atm.
This is what i found online about debug mode:
Enabling Debug mode
A game run from RPG Maker XP (rather than run by itself) is automatically in Debug mode. The Debug mode can be also toggled on and off by setting the variable $DEBUG to TRUE or FALSE respectively.

kiwhy

Oct 1, 2022
Im really bussy irl atm.
Enabling Debug mode
A game run from RPG Maker XP (rather than run by itself) is automatically in Debug mode. The Debug mode can be also toggled on and off by setting the variable $DEBUG to TRUE or FALSE respectively.
thanks for the response

Jorge88

Nov 4, 2017
Im really bussy irl atm.
Enabling Debug mode
In case people don't have RPG Maker XP, you can set Debug Mode on simply by creating a shortcut of the .exe and setting the destiny as "C:\[something]\Game.exe" debug'. Just remember to put "debug" outsite of the quotation marks of the rest of the path and you're golden.

blubbervink

Oct 15, 2018
In case people don't have RPG Maker XP, you can set Debug Mode on simply by creating a shortcut of the .exe and setting the destiny as "C:\[something]\Game.exe" debug'. Just remember to put "debug" outsite of the quotation marks of the rest of the path and you're golden.
Thank you.

fgh24

Feb 8, 2019
kind of wished that you can have other character to have sexwith and gain rp like the nurse or leaders and champions if there is any and you did say yu wont change the diffuculty but would you put in buyable houses and outfits and also being able to maybe ge married to more than one character if u do that

blubbervink

Oct 15, 2018
kind of wished that you can have other character to have sexwith and gain rp like the nurse or leaders and champions if there is any and you did say yu wont change the diffuculty but would you put in buyable houses and outfits and also being able to maybe ge married to more than one character if u do that
you can have sex with other characters. first gym leader for example. more will be added in future updates
There already is a buyable house in Eclipse city.

Last edited:

KchAOS

Oct 16, 2022
I'm still new to this game what should I do after beat the dr. that in some kind of lab, becuz I'm stuck there.

3.80 star(s) 82 Votes