3.80 star(s) 82 Votes

blubbervink

Oct 15, 2018
Hi, I can't remember for the life of me where that game corner is. I think I've checked every house in Eclipse City but I couldn't find it, if it is in that city in the first place. Where is it exactly?
Eclipse city. game corner.png
This building.

TimThrall

Feb 19, 2019
After taking a break, looking at official pokemon games, and re-looking at this game (plz note this comes for version 0.25 approximately so problem may be solved and didn't feel like going through 100 pages to find out if it's been talked about); the problem that i had with the game wasn't necessarily the difficulty but going into pro strats when you have only scratch and tackle available (exaggeration). There are a lot of moves that are used by pros that are not unlocked naturally until at least level 30, some not until level 70 (depending on pokemon and the the level 70 is like on 1 pokemon in the entire series but the are many in level 50 such as extreme speed and moves that attack with a stat boost).

Regardless though the difficulty being circumvented through the use of potions and the such doesn't really bother me as i had done so against Red in soulsilver using a team of level 50s however at this time the money gaining opportunities being scarce and the idea that it is a crutch to utilize the Audino Breeders; perhaps having odd jobs in every other town could alleviate the constant back track to a pokemon center.

Pretty much if we're keen on the difficulty, let's have something to help brute force it in a way that don't make me feel like a bitch.

TimThrall

Feb 19, 2019
Sorry, but RPGmaker XP games only run on Windows as far as I know. There might be some third party software that allows you to bypass that but it will not be official.
I believe for Mac there is a software Known as W.I.N.E. Also known as Wine Is Not an Emulator. It allows you play exe files or something like that. I have windows so never looked into but my computer geek friend loves to talk about whenever he gets the chance.

blubbervink

Oct 15, 2018
it says Hot Fixed final ....no numbers
When you downloaded the file. There was a number. V 0.276A... V0.335. This makes a difference.
Anyway, if you stand infront of the plushie. Go up, take the first left and keep going left, follow the path and eventually you will get to the other side of the snorlax plushie

blubbervink

Oct 15, 2018
After taking a break, looking at official pokemon games, and re-looking at this game (plz note this comes for version 0.25 approximately so problem may be solved and didn't feel like going through 100 pages to find out if it's been talked about); the problem that i had with the game wasn't necessarily the difficulty but going into pro strats when you have only scratch and tackle available (exaggeration). There are a lot of moves that are used by pros that are not unlocked naturally until at least level 30, some not until level 70 (depending on pokemon and the the level 70 is like on 1 pokemon in the entire series but the are many in level 50 such as extreme speed and moves that attack with a stat boost).

Regardless though the difficulty being circumvented through the use of potions and the such doesn't really bother me as i had done so against Red in soulsilver using a team of level 50s however at this time the money gaining opportunities being scarce and the idea that it is a crutch to utilize the Audino Breeders; perhaps having odd jobs in every other town could alleviate the constant back track to a pokemon center.

Pretty much if we're keen on the difficulty, let's have something to help brute force it in a way that don't make me feel like a bitch.
I Kindly disagree. It is true that alot of enemy mons have illegal moves, this gives the game an extra challange. However, the waifumon that you get have improved stats, buffed movepools and even custom moves. Gardevoir's 100% hitrate sleep move for example. You have plenty of tools yourself to deal with these mons.

As for the brute forcing... This game is not about that. If you want to brute force it, thats your choice, a third Audino trainer will be added in Phobos town soon. But the dev is not interested in adding more brute force options into the game.

Money being scarce... Eh, kinda. Its true that you can't earn unlimited money, especially now that the game corner triple triad arceus card exploit is nerfed, but unlimited money would also mean unlimited health items and if you read my point above... Dev does not want to make a game where you can brute force everything.

Thank you for your opinion though!
Hope you keep enjoying the game!

Phreak44444

Feb 23, 2020
If there is a new update, can I just copy and paste the save file to start where I left off and if yes, which file is the save file?

blubbervink

Oct 15, 2018
If there is a new update, can I just copy and paste the save file to start where I left off and if yes, which file is the save file?
You don't need to copy any save files. Your save will automatically be transferred to newest version.
Also. Your save file is located in Users > name user > AppData > Roaming > Pokemon 'H' Version 0.1A

Phreak44444

Feb 23, 2020
You don't need to copy any save files. Your save will automatically be transferred to newest version.
Also. Your save file is located in Users > name user > AppData > Roaming > Pokemon 'H' Version 0.1A
I play on mobile so there's more than that. I am guessing my save would be the game.rxdata file

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
I Kindly disagree. It is true that alot of enemy mons have illegal moves, this gives the game an extra challange. However, the waifumon that you get have improved stats, buffed movepools and even custom moves. Gardevoir's 100% hitrate sleep move for example. You have plenty of tools yourself to deal with these mons.
While I know I'm not the guy you're replying to, I'd like to add my two cents:
I think it's fucking stupid to add pokemon with illegal moves. That doesn't make the game "harder", it makes the game "unfair". There's a difference between the two, one that should be fairly evident. You and your enemy have to play with the same tools and rules, otherwise what's even the point of having said rules in the first place?
Now, I'm not saying the game is impossible, I may not like the difficulty of the game but I did manage to beat the first gym (which is where the game ended last time I downloaded it) and I know next to nothing about how to play Pokemon, even less so competitively. However, I believe my point still does stand. If you can't do something, your enemies shouldn't be able to do it either, and vice versa.

Reactions: anon8525 and LS47

blubbervink

Oct 15, 2018
I think it's fucking stupid to add pokemon with illegal moves. That doesn't make the game "harder", it makes the game "unfair". There's a difference between the two, one that should be fairly evident. You and your enemy have to play with the same tools and rules, otherwise what's even the point of having said rules in the first place?
Now, I'm not saying the game is impossible, I may not like the difficulty of the game but I did manage to beat the first gym (which is where the game ended last time I downloaded it) and I know next to nothing about how to play Pokemon, even less so competitively. However, I believe my point still does stand. If you can't do something, your enemies shouldn't be able to do it either, and vice versa.
Again. Your own mon have illegal moves too. So actually, you can do what your enemies can do.
Now, if you don't really know how to play pokemon you should not complain about illegal moves either since the game IS balanced.
Look, if you want to play a pokemon game where you can just spam your best attacks and win, where all the traineres are Exp fodder and pose no challange, thats absolutely fine. Any other pokemon game will do it for you.
But the dev stated trough multiple comments and on the first page that he wants this game to be a more difficult pokemon game.
And even then, I beat the current build whitout any grinding. beat the last gym who has mid lvl 50's with my own team of around level 45-48 cuz I made good use of moves and typings.

The game is not unfair, if it feels like that, I am afraid its a skill issue. On your part.

BorgarBoi

Oct 3, 2022
And yet nobody complains when bosses have multiple health bars. Hell, despite it being a running gag how people complain about how drastically nerfed a recruited or obtained something is from a boss, you don't really see people make games where they are 100% like the version you have to survive against. In the first place, I think the notion of "illegal moves" is silly and serves more to communicate your feelings when confronted with them, rather than what the actual moves are themselves. The rules are important, though the room for mistakes is drastically cut short compared to modern P*kemon games. When you come across important trainers - or ones that give you a hard time, at the very least - you have to treat teambuilding and move selection like a puzzle.

What are your opponents capable of? What are your mons capable of? Is there a way to counter a move, or use the enemy's behavior against him? Will held items give your mons the edge they need? You need to carefully think about each piece of the puzzle, and think again when it all falls flat in battle. I get that it's painful getting curbstomped the first time around, but when I plan out a strategy and get closer to victory compared to last time, I am filled with a renewed sense of vigor. You have to learn about your enemy and from your mistakes. You still do all that in normal P*kemon, but drastically not as often if you're an old ass bastard like me if you never touch the online multiplayer.

If the dev threw out the P*kemon mechanics, and developed his own "entirely unique" monster catching system with an ecosystem full of entirely unique mons, we would have ZERO points of reference. We would not be able to check Bulbapedia for the learnset of Pokemon we catch, or the extent of what your enemies are capable of. if I compare this game to Pocket Gal Hunter, PGL is definitely easier in the moment to moment combat encounters in the beginning, but the wiki for it is barebones compared to baseline P*kemon that this game uses as a foundation. You really only have your observational skills and your memory to carry you through. Here, at least you can do some research, and trial and error where there are gaps in your knowledge.

Reactions: blubbervink

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
Again. Your own mon have illegal moves too. So actually, you can do what your enemies can do.
Yes, but we shouldn't be able to, and neither should they. If the dev wants to make this game so comparable to competitive pokemon, as he's said before, neither mons should have moves they objectively cannot learn. Not yours, nor your opponents.
Now, if you don't really know how to play pokemon you should not complain about illegal moves either since the game IS balanced.
I never said it wasn't. I said it was unfair. There's a difference. Though, then again, I've never really agreed with the statement of "if nothing is balanced then everything is balanced"... but that's not exactly what you're saying here, I'd assume.
Look, if you want to play a pokemon game where you can just spam your best attacks and win, where all the traineres are Exp fodder and pose no challange, thats absolutely fine. Any other pokemon game will do it for you.
Again, never said that, you're just putting words in my mouth.
But the dev stated trough multiple comments and on the first page that he wants this game to be a more difficult pokemon game.
Yeah, and that's perfectly fine, but difficulty shouldn't be artificial. Simple as that.
And even then, I beat the current build whitout any grinding. beat the last gym who has mid lvl 50's with my own team of around level 45-48 cuz I made good use of moves and typings.
Okay, cool, this does nothing to add to your argument or subtract from mine. I never said the game was impossible or anything along that line, in fact I stated explicitly the opposite. As someone who knows nothing (or near nothing, at least), I still managed to get to the end of content on the version I downloaded. I'd wager that says something. Now, granted, this may change whenever I get around to downloading the updated version and playing it, but I haven't yet.
The game is not unfair, if it feels like that, I am afraid its a skill issue. On your part.
Argumentum ad hominem, cool. If it wasn't obvious enough by this point, I'm not talking about "unfair" in terms of a difficulty selection or something stupid like that. I'm talking about "unfair" from an objective standpoint. These mons cannot normally learn these moves, whether it be because they're incompatible with it, or because they haven't levelled up to that point, so how do they have them?

Look, consider the following: You are in a competitive environment. You know the rules, and so does your opponent. You've always followed them in the past, because you've needed to in order to be able to play. Suddenly, out of nowhere, your opponent breaks the rules by having something they couldn't have yet (or ever, potentially) and no one cares. It's against the rules, and yet no one bats an eye. Is that fair for you, having to play by these rules when your opponent doesn't? If the scenario was swapped, would it be fair for your opponent? If both of you did it, would it be fair for everyone else in that competitive environment?

My point is essentially this: There are rules in place. Either keep them or change them, but don't break them.

And yet nobody complains when bosses have multiple health bars. Hell, despite it being a running gag how people complain about how drastically nerfed a recruited or obtained something is from a boss, you don't really see people make games where they are 100% like the version you have to survive against. In the first place, I think the notion of "illegal moves" is silly and serves more to communicate your feelings when confronted with them, rather than what the actual moves are themselves. The rules are important, though the room for mistakes is drastically cut short compared to modern P*kemon games. When you come across important trainers - or ones that give you a hard time, at the very least - you have to treat teambuilding and move selection like a puzzle.

What are your opponents capable of? What are your mons capable of? Is there a way to counter a move, or use the enemy's behavior against him? Will held items give your mons the edge they need? You need to carefully think about each piece of the puzzle, and think again when it all falls flat in battle. I get that it's painful getting curbstomped the first time around, but when I plan out a strategy and get closer to victory compared to last time, I am filled with a renewed sense of vigor. You have to learn about your enemy and from your mistakes. You still do all that in normal P*kemon, but drastically not as often if you're an old ass bastard like me if you never touch the online multiplayer.

If the dev threw out the P*kemon mechanics, and developed his own "entirely unique" monster catching system with an ecosystem full of entirely unique mons, we would have ZERO points of reference. We would not be able to check Bulbapedia for the learnset of Pokemon we catch, or the extent of what your enemies are capable of. if I compare this game to Pocket Gal Hunter, PGL is definitely easier in the moment to moment combat encounters in the beginning, but the wiki for it is barebones compared to baseline P*kemon that this game uses as a foundation. You really only have your observational skills and your memory to carry you through. Here, at least you can do some research, and trial and error where there are gaps in your knowledge.
That's... not what I was trying to make an argument on. Well, thanks for staying respectful and trying to help me out, at the least. I appreciate it, even if it wasn't exactly what I was going for.

Reactions: LS47

blubbervink

Oct 15, 2018
My point is essentially this: There are rules in place. Either keep them or change them, but don't break them.
Ok. Final reply from me.
Rules? You are talking about rules from the other games. Why? Who cares? This game is clearly doing something different. You dont like it? Fine. You are entitled to your opinion. But dont argue that the game is unfair, cause it is not.

Reactions: BorgarBoi
3.80 star(s) 82 Votes