3.70 star(s) 92 Votes

DeVo1234

Jun 11, 2022
Are there any plans on changing the evolution method for pokemon that evolve via trading? Or are those pokemon forever stuck in their current form?

zilzmaer

Mar 10, 2019
Are there any plans on changing the evolution method for pokemon that evolve via trading? Or are those pokemon forever stuck in their current form?
most of those pokemon have new evolution methods by default in Pokemon Essentials; i don't know exactly what additional changes the dev has made or plans to make in the future, but (according to the PBS file) the current list of pokemon that can only be evolved to via trades is:

Politoed
Slowking
Huntail
Gorebyss
Escavalier
Accelgor
Aromatisse
Slurpuff

all other trade evolutions (unless i missed one or two) have become non-trade evolutions; Kadabra, for example, evolves at level 34, and Feebas evolves when using a Prism Scale on it.

Reactions: DeVo1234

DeVo1234

Jun 11, 2022
most of those pokemon have new evolution methods by default in Pokemon Essentials; i don't know exactly what additional changes the dev has made or plans to make in the future, but (according to the PBS file) the current list of pokemon that can only be evolved to via trades is:

Politoed
Slowking
Huntail
Gorebyss
Escavalier
Accelgor
Aromatisse
Slurpuff

all other trade evolutions (unless i missed one or two) have become non-trade evolutions; Kadabra, for example, evolves at level 34, and Feebas evolves when using a Prism Scale on it.
Unfortunately I couldn't find anything on the pokemon essentials wiki on what the new evolution method is for trade evolution pokemon, and I don't know where I'd even begin to look in the code for the new evolution methods.

Hodedra

May 7, 2020
Unfortunately I couldn't find anything on the pokemon essentials wiki on what the new evolution method is for trade evolution pokemon, and I don't know where I'd even begin to look in the code for the new evolution methods.
Most trade evolutions pokemon has their own method in essentials; ie leveling with X item equipped (for the magmar/electrabuzz/rhydon/scyther line) or straight up using new item called 'link cable' to them. Usually this information is included inside the readme.txt in each fangame/romhack.

In Essentials case, I know some of them goes like this:

Politoed > Use Sun Stone on Poliwhirl OR Equip King's Rock and level up
Slowking > Equip King's Rock on Slowbro and level up
Huntail > Equip Deepseascale on Clamperl and level up
Gorebyss > Equip Deepseatooth on Clamperl and level up
Aromatisse > Equip Sachet on Spritzee and level up
Slurpuff > Equip Whipped Dreams on Spritzee and level up

But again, most fangames has different case-by-case methods, and the PE wiki

Last edited:
Reactions: DeVo1234

DeVo1234

Jun 11, 2022
Most trade evolutions pokemon has their own method in essentials; ie leveling with X item equipped (for the magmar/electrabuzz/rhydon/scyther line) or straight up using new item called 'link cable' to them. Usually this information is included inside the readme.txt in each fangame/romhack.

In Essentials case, I know some of them goes like this:

Politoed > Use Sun Stone on Poliwhirl OR Equip King's Rock and level up
Slowking > Equip King's Rock on Slowbro and level up
Huntail > Equip Deepseascale on Clamperl and level up
Gorebyss > Equip Deepseatooth on Clamperl and level up
Aromatisse > Equip Sachet on Spritzee and level up
Slurpuff > Equip Whipped Dreams on Spritzee and level up

But again, most fangames has different case-by-case methods, and the PE wiki
Thanks for the info, I was able to find out the evolution methods after looking through some of the .txt files in the PBS folder

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
SINtax EroRR
I found an odd bug during Lopunny's event in the market. After beating the Typhlosion doll, I'd take a step and the game would crash with this message:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It seems that for some reason the game thinks there's an egg in the party but since it can't find it, it instantiates a null object?
I fiddled around with debug mode and it finally went away although I can't really tell what fixed it because I did many things at the same time.

I think filling my party with pokemon is what fixed it (I was running 5 pokemon at that time), but I can't tell for sure.

Klglhgh

Dec 27, 2017
Could the dev add a quick disclaimer anywhere really that a player absolutely needs prior experience with pokemon games because holy shit, I'm cool with hard games, yet a warning that knowledge of all those types, statuses, moves, items and mechanics in general is presumed would've been appreciated

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Evil Earthworm Jim

DeVo1234

Jun 11, 2022
Could the dev add a quick disclaimer anywhere really that a player absolutely needs prior experience with pokemon games because holy shit, I'm cool with hard games, yet a warning that knowledge of all those types, statuses, moves, items and mechanics in general is presumed would've been appreciated
Read the description, it clearly states:
"P.S. This game is meant to be TOUGH. So use items, strategize, and play smart. Grind if you need to. This game was made for veterans who enjoyed the challenge of older games, but nobody is judging how you want to play. Just have fun!"

Reactions: Evil Earthworm Jim

zilzmaer

Mar 10, 2019
Can someone tell me is it possible to play on moblie
Yes, you can play in mobile with Joiplay
note that Joiplay is not officially supported, and there have been many reports of errors trying to get it to work. if you encounter problems, getting help from the Joiplay forum/Discord/whatever would be more feasible than trying to ask about it here. that said, there are many people who do use Joiplay for this game, so it clearly can work, just don't expect not to have issues while playing.

raimei28

Jul 31, 2019
Hello, two lil questions here, that were maybe already answered but can't find it in the 252 page of comments ^^'.
first, even if I do everything with Sera, she doesn't move from the port Charlie, so how can I change that ?
Secondly, how can I start the serie of events with Viruark ?
thks in advance for your answers and have a great day ^^.

zilzmaer

Mar 10, 2019
Can anyone help me with the problem?
for people who can't read Portuguese (like me):
1726256777979.png
what version of Windows are you running? might be important for the dev to figure out what's wrong. in the meantime, you could try running it in compatibility mode or as administrator, though i don't know if either of those would help.

3.70 star(s) 92 Votes