desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
That's part of the problem, but I would argue that behavior like stuttering or blushing is even out of character for a "good guy" protagonist, unless you're literally playing as a character who's inexperienced or really shy. You're an "attractive, middle-aged professional fighter" in this game who won the lottery, is opening his own martial arts school, and is banging bitches left and right. So even if you do your best to tip your fedora at the ladies, that doesn't mean you should act like you're 16 and asking Stacy to the prom every time you see a boobie.
I don't remember enough to dispute that haha. Nothing truly immersion breaking stands out in my memory, but every detail about this game is a bit fuzzy at this point.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
That's part of the problem, but I would argue that behavior like stuttering or blushing is even out of character for a "good guy" protagonist, unless you're literally playing as a character who's inexperienced or really shy. You're an "attractive, middle-aged professional fighter" in this game who won the lottery, is opening his own martial arts school, and is banging bitches left and right. So even if you do your best to tip your fedora at the ladies, that doesn't mean you should act like you're 16 and asking Stacy to the prom every time you see a boobie.
This (y)

Lord Soth

Mar 8, 2020
Just finished up to the current content. Not gonna lie, looking at the screenshots, I was tempted to pass this game by as it looked pretty basic renders wise. Glad I didn`t though as i got so sucked in with the story and ehm, building a harem haha. That cliffhanger tho...shit. Yet another game I will be pining for until the update arrives. Godamn it.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I am getting that same feeling to.
Last post here was July 6 and the last post on patreon was over a month ago.

All the games tied to this dev is taking way to long for updates.
Neither are bandoned or intend to be though I will freely admit, unless stuck in a coma, it takes 30 seconds to update people (especially patreons) of personal issues affecting development time.

Reactions: Motoko Kusanagi

BigTyson

Dec 6, 2017

Sup guys! I just wanted to quickly apologize for being relatively quiet here on Patreon this month. As most of you are likely aware, the Radiant update is about to drop, and full disclosure: the last two weeks, I've been putting almost my sole focus in that.

The good news is that those of you who are fans of Radiant will be getting a big update for that in (most likely) a few days time... and I've also managed to make pretty good progress on Polarity in the meantime! I'll post a detailed progress report for Polarity this coming (late) Monday.

Once Radiant Chapter 2 is live, I plan to make up for my relative silence over here by dropping the next edition of the Lewd Render Series (#7 - featuring the cute freckled redhead, Jasmine!), some more music from the game, and at least one poll (relevant to Ch5) in the month of October. You might also get a themed surprise... ;)

Thanks guys! Love y'all.

Impalord

Jul 5, 2020
Let me check ... Monday has past .... NOPE no progress report on Polarity.
Couple of days ... check. No Radiant update.

Wait a minute! Since when is Sir Dammed working on Radiant? I didn't catch that at all! Are Sir Dammed' Eternity Studios and RK Studios the same? This is very confusing. So many front names for different projects and frankly too many projects at the same time for a one-man-show.

Also there should be an update on the front-page of each games threat here referencing those other games.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Let me check ... Monday has past .... NOPE no progress report on Polarity.
Couple of days ... check. No Radiant update.

Wait a minute! Since when is Sir Dammed working on Radiant? I didn't catch that at all! Are Sir Dammed' Eternity Studios and RK Studios the same? This is very confusing. So many front names for different projects and frankly too many projects at the same time for a one-man-show.

Also there should be an update on the front-page of each games threat here referencing those other games.
they are a team working on radiant. look for radiant soon. this is from their discord...
"Sup guys! I just wanted to quickly apologize for being relatively quiet here on Patreon this month. As most of you are likely aware, the Radiant update is about to drop, and full disclosure: the last two weeks, I've been putting almost my sole focus in that.

The good news is that those of you who are fans of Radiant will be getting a big update for that in (most likely) a few days time... and I've also managed to make pretty good progress on Polarity in the meantime! I'll post a detailed progress report for Polarity this coming (late) Monday.

Once Radiant Chapter 2 is live, I plan to make up for my relative silence over here by dropping the next edition of the Lewd Render Series (#7 - featuring the cute freckled redhead, Jasmine!), some more music from the game, and at least one poll (relevant to Ch5) in the month of October. You might also get a themed surprise... ;)

Thanks guys! Love y'all."

Impalord

Jul 5, 2020
How is this "looking good"? Still no update on Radiant.
As I understand, Polarity will receive no love before that is done. :(

But i found this entry on the Radiant discord very enlightening:

<<
[post by Alorth] 10/01/2020
Hi fans and supporters, I know you're all waiting for the update, we are working as hard as we can on it. I do want to point some things out that I consider important, because some people think the game itself is slowed down because of the process of the others. The real reason behind it, is more about personal stuff... In my case there has been a lot of problems stacked toguether during over a year of development before Radiant even started.

People say I'm a machine because I've worked on so many games and did so many animations, but everything has a price... I had no balance. I was working every single minute I had when I was not working on my daily job and I slept like 4/5 hours a day. When Radiant finally got release and I was finally able to quit my job, it was a huge weight off of my shoulders... now what happened after is unfortunate but expected. I started to get sick... My body was so over the limit, it was ready to just break... I ended up taking a month to recover. The second month was harsh in it's own way, It took most the time polishing all characters, re-organizing my library to be accessible for my helpers and setting up my new render machine. Well time flies by pretty fast, I believed things work out as they should, but they honestly never do... You may think, yeah excuses now, but no, not really. I'm not here to give excuses, I'm here to tell you that I won't give up and that I will continue to proudly work on this project. It doesn't matter if my releationship is broken, if I'm a bit sick or if I'm exchausted. The only thing that I do and always did was moving on. This would be the part where I tell you all sorry that it's taking this long, but that won't fix the problem. Well, I should be sorry for myself, but instead when I wake up at the morning and go take a piss, I look at the mirror afterwards and say fuck you! It has been such a long journey but I'm still just at the start... and that's because I can see how much farther away the road leads. Anyway, I'm talking here just about myself, but anyone can imagine what other developers might go through. Some have it easier and some harder... some just want extra money and for some it's their only opportunity. For me it was hope.
>>

That looks reasonable.I can totally relate to that and wish him all the best, hoping the projects will get on track again at some point.
But please, not for the price of ones health!

Get well soon & happy programming.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrFriendly

Impalord

Jul 5, 2020
Alorth wrote that post not dammed ^^
Yes, Alorth wrote that, not MrDammed. And it is on the Radiant discord, not the Polarity one. But this seems to carry over. Since Polarity is developed by MrDammed and he also works on Radiant with Alorth. So if Radiant is priority and there is some trouble going on, this will carry over and effect Polarity. That's sill note worthy.

Reactions: MrFriendly

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
Kind of discerning seeing the last patreon post boasting about Radiant when trying to apologize for a lack of Polarity info. Then promises an update on Polarity which never came. This game is no longer a priority which is a shame.

Reactions: Alannnnn and SrRK
4.30 star(s) 51 Votes