Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Just started, but I hope I can get rid of that Naomi girl ... I really dont like her look. I feel like she's squinting all the time. And her mouth is ... ugly? I dunno. I really dont like it.

screenshot0001.png

But I will continue. The feedback seems to be good, so I will give it a proper try. :)

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
well..i guess there had to be one person not smitten by the adorable Naomi :p sorry Sir Damned..ya aint batting .1000 anymore :p

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
well..i guess there had to be one person not smitten by the adorable Naomi :p sorry Sir Damned..ya aint batting .1000 anymore :p
I can handle her look. Its ok ... I hope I can shift the focus during the game.... I mean she has a cute daughter :p

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
I like it. My only suggestion is the ability to see how things stand/are affected in general. I don't think you are going the "episode" route so having stats not accessible till the end is a bit annoying.

Although I'm not a fan of game overs what happens if you really fuck up? This seems like "date this person" game but clearly there are other characters.

Also, was there any way to prevent my house from being brunt to the ground!?
I think for a lot of people using their personal judgment and paying attention to how in-game characters react to their actions is an integral part of the "gameplay." It should also be pretty obvious when it comes to morality without spelling it out directly, i.e., players can differentiate between actions that are "less" moral than others.

Without this element of strategy, these kinds of games are far less immersive (at least in my opinion). Letting players track their morality would be like a cheat basically. I've said it before and I'll say it again: this isn't the type of game where you should try too hard to manipulate the outcomes because the game is literally designed for players to simply play how they want to play. In other words, you'll have more fun if you just choose the actions you want, and you won't necessarily be punished if your decisions lean somewhat more heavily in one direction than the other.

With all of that said, I do acknowledge that a few players prefer to know what exactly is happening when they make in-game choices and this makes the game more fun for them. That's why I'm open to letting someone make a walkthrough for the game if they so choose and I'd be willing to publish it on the main game thread/assist with it's creation. Anyone with a decompiler could easily peak into the games code and see the direct morality effects and relationship effects (the only thing they'd have a hard time deciphering are the hidden variables).

Not making a walkthrough myself is just a personal choice, though, because I want to encourage people to play the game how it's meant to be played.

That's alright, it was inevitable as "beauty" is entirely subjective and some people just have different tastes (especially people in different parts of the world). That said, she's definitely a stunner if 99% of the people who've played think she's attractive so far.

Just started, but I hope I can get rid of that Naomi girl ... I really dont like her look. I feel like she's squinting all the time. And her mouth is ... ugly? I dunno. I really dont like it.

View attachment 343455

But I will continue. The feedback seems to be good, so I will give it a proper try. :)
Sorry my friend, it wont be that easy to shake her for a while as she's one of two main female characters. That said... players will eventually be able to dodge her from time to time in favor of the second main female character, depending on who they like more. That said... if you can tolerate her and you still enjoy the game overall than don't be discouraged, there are going to be LOTS of potential romances/flings in the game.

Last edited:

JustNotFatal

Apr 27, 2017
I think for a lot of people using their personal judgment and paying attention to how in-game characters react to their actions is an integral part of the "gameplay." It should also be pretty obvious when it comes to morality without spelling it out directly, i.e., players can differentiate between actions that are "less" moral than others.

Without this element of strategy, these kinds of games are far less immersive (at least in my opinion). Letting players track their morality would be like a cheat basically. I've said it before and I'll say it again: this isn't the type of game where you should try too hard to manipulate the outcomes because the game is literally designed for players to simply play how they want to play. In other words, you'll have more fun if you just choose the actions you want, and you won't necessarily be punished if your decisions lean somewhat more heavily in one direction than the other.

With all of that said, I do acknowledge that a few players prefer to know what exactly is happening when they make in-game choices and this makes the game more fun for them. That's why I'm open to letting someone make a walkthrough for the game if they so choose and I'd be willing to publish it on the main game thread/assist with it's creation. Anyone with a decompiler could easily peak into the games code and see the direct morality effects and relationship effects (the only thing they'd have a hard time deciphering are the hidden variables).

Not making a walkthrough myself is just a personal choice, though, because I want to encourage people to play the game how it's meant to be played.
I don't necessarily mean flat out numbers in this case for stats. So far, at least, choices have their intended/predictable result. There are some games that make it so that you have to choose oddly specific answers to get certain things and those answers aren't obvious as they are too similar to other choices which make it necessary for a walkthrough. Hopefully you don't do that. I don't necessarily need next to a choice +5 morality or whatever per the reason you stated. I actually really liked how you formatted the "This person is feeling this rn" that you have at the end. I just wish I could access that at any time especially as you add more content.

Ultimately your game though. As long as you have a 1:1 action and consequence it should be fine.

Reactions: SrRK

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
I don't necessarily mean flat out numbers in this case for stats. So far, at least, choices have their intended/predictable result. There are some games that make it so that you have to choose oddly specific answers to get certain things and those answers aren't obvious as they are too similar to other choices which make it necessary for a walkthrough. Hopefully you don't do that. I don't necessarily need next to a choice +5 morality or whatever per the reason you stated. I actually really liked how you formatted the "This person is feeling this rn" that you have at the end. I just wish I could access that at any time especially as you add more content.

Ultimately your game though. As long as you have a 1:1 action and consequence it should be fine.
Ah, so you mean you just want to be able to see which "path" you're on (i.e., balanced, love, etc) throughout rather than at the end of each chapter. That's understandable! While I don't personally want to give this away until the end of each chapter (for various reasons), it's something that will definitely make a walkthrough relevant/handy for players who want to tailor their game in a certain direction. Still, I strongly, strongly recommend choosing whatever action you desire. Since morality is on a positive-negative scale it's extremely flexible.

I also know exactly what you mean: some games will have "bad and good" choices littered throughout and you have to choose specific options to prevent hindering progress/hurting relationships. That's not the case in this game. At least... that's not what the morality variable will be used for. Every path has it's pros, cons, charms, and outcomes. There is no "wrong path" when it comes to the morality score, at least. It is possible to make bad decisions that lead to bad consequences or endings, but I wouldn't use one single variable for something like that.

I think this style will make more sense to you when you've played through a couple more chapters of the game.

Edit: JustNotFatal (Just tagging you because I made a significant edit since you last liked the post)

Last edited:

Uzhirian

Jul 18, 2017
Good stuff so far. Seems like it'll have an interesting story and some decent characters with personality. I'm looking forward to more updates. I appreciate the stats not be available at all times, too many games focus on getting point values up a notch, it's nice to have one where you have to judge based on the characters reaction. A walkthrough would be good at some point though, for saving time to play through different paths later on.

hrumus

Aug 3, 2017
I absolutely loved this game! It's so well written and the characters don't just feel "flat" in their personality. Well done!
Really excited for future updates! :)

Reactions: SrRK and Halfelf

Ruodger

Sep 20, 2018
I really enjoyed this beginning, meeting a nice woman with a nice daughter ... too bad what happened to his house. Congratulations Dev. Anxious for the continuation.

Elementario

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2017
Loved the game!
Interesting story, Great characters, Great dialogue, Fluid animation.
Overall a really fun game, the premise seems nice and the ending was intriguing, definitely coming back to see what happens next.
(A fair warning, won't be coming back if the dog is dead xD)
I was a bit hesitant at first because of Honey Select models but after playing the game I must say I liked it very much, not at all a fan of HS models but the game didn't disappoint.
I will be keeping an eye on the game, need to see what happens next.
All the best for your game, keep on it :)

Reactions: McWoodz and SrRK

BigLurker

Jun 16, 2018
I like the game. All of the models that are used to be honest. Can see a lot of good things, storywise, coming from this game. I just hope he doesnt pull a pink cake on us. Cant handle one more. But the ending of this update..... I am gonna take my shovel, open the burried box and get mah guns.

Nov 25, 2018
I like the game. All of the models that are used to be honest. Can see a lot of good things, storywise, coming from this game. I just hope he doesnt pull a pink cake on us. Cant handle one more. But the ending of this update..... I am gonna take my shovel, open the burried box and get mah guns.
Yeah I know what you mean, I don't think the developer will take that dark of a turn like in Acting Lessons. It was honestly a huge bummer when that happened. Although with that being said, maybe Maggie will make a comeback. :^)

Nov 25, 2018

View attachment 343455

It might just be a you thing, idk. Because everyone else including me seem to really like the character model for her lol

Sinphil

Nov 15, 2018
I like it. My only suggestion is the ability to see how things stand/are affected in general. I don't think you are going the "episode" route so having stats not accessible till the end is a bit annoying.

Although I'm not a fan of game overs what happens if you really fuck up? This seems like "date this person" game but clearly there are other characters.

Also, was there any way to prevent my house from being brunt to the ground!?
I like concept that avoids min maxing. Though is a little more than just morality as it seems each girl can have a plus minus relationship (rather than just relationship points)having a peak at end summary. Not sure if all girls will be between submissive and self confident like Naomi though. I get feeling morality is rather lose term and truly immoral/extreme selfless acts are going to get flags. Morality is going to be more how you interact with other characters and if so you don't need score because you will see it in every dialogue. Most of choices have not been between good and bad but rather if you lead by physical desires or your emotions. I also guessing you dont want a min max score as just in real life any relationship needs physical and emotional elements.

Of course this is just idle speculation.

Reactions: SrRK and McWoodz

JustNotFatal

Apr 27, 2017
I like concept that avoids min maxing. Though is a little more than just morality as it seems each girl can have a plus minus relationship (rather than just relationship points)having a peak at end summary. Not sure if all girls will be between submissive and self confident like Naomi though. I get feeling morality is rather lose term and truly immoral/extreme selfless acts are going to get flags. Morality is going to be more how you interact with other characters and if so you don't need score because you will see it in every dialogue. Most of choices have not been between good and bad but rather if you lead by physical desires or your emotions. I also guessing you dont want a min max score as just in real life any relationship needs physical and emotional elements.

Of course this is just idle speculation.
I elaborate in the convo between the dev and I.

4.30 star(s) 51 Votes