hamod

Jan 5, 2021
Oh, I completely agree, and My personal belief is that Polarity is MUCH better than Radiant.

Radiant - to me own mind - is simply yet another Father/Daughter type VN/Game (equally so fucking slow to develop or has too many potential LI's within the game),

while Polarity has - or maybe I should have said HAD - not only a good story, but a decent premise as well as decent (at least so far) development of characters with reasonable explanations for their actions (as mentioned within the story line). Sure, it also has a number (perhaps too many) of LI's within this game as well. Yet, you can decide for or against who you are interested in - without really losing too much of the story line or progression.
i didnt try the other game yet honestly but u r right polarity looks perfect and great story too i dont know whats wrong with the developer i hop some one will talk to him i hop this game will not die like that

May 26, 2018
I think we all know by now that just cuz a game doesn't have the abandoned tag, that doesn't mean it ain't abandoned.

This is abandoned. We all know it. It's time to place a flower on the grave, mourn, heal, and find new depravities elsewhere.

So long, Polarity.

You were a rare gem indeed.

Rest in Sin.
At least here, we actually hear a truth, instead of a lie.

ExoticTitan

Sep 5, 2017
From a post on discord

ᗪamnedToday at 1:25 PM
So, Chapter 5 of Polarity. Where is it?

Well... firstly, I always intended to take my time with this one. If there's such a thing as a "defining chapter," five would certainly be it. It marks the turning point in our story, it closes off a major arc from the first half and it also sets the stage for the second. You can basically think of it like the "finale" of part one of the story.
Additionally, this is the biggest and most ambitious chapter of the game, period. To date... Chapter 4 was larger than any previous chapter by volumes, and Chapter 5 is twice the size of Chapter 4. This basically makes it a double-update. To top that off Chapter 5 has the most animations of any previous chapter, it is by far the most branching -- with two completely different major events occurring simultaneously depending on the player's choices, and it also happens to just be really important to me from a creative standpoint. Getting this one right is something that's been on my mind since I released the very first build of the game.
Once five is done, things will more or less return to normal... as the chapters following aren't anywhere near the same size or scale. I don't want to sound like I'm making excuses, so just wait and see. I'm confident that no matter how eager/impatient you've grown, once you play it, it will make sense and you'll be thoroughly satisfied/understand what the wait was for
If this "humongous" update is close to or only slightly bigger than the size of one update of My New Family then idek what to say anymore

Reactions: hamod

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
From a post on discord

If this "humongous" update is close to or only slightly bigger than the size of one update of My New Family then idek what to say anymore
They are very different games. I understand and share your frustration but IMHO the comparison is largely meaningless.

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
I hope the mods will tag this as abandoned. That will give the dev some motivation
Why would mods tag this game as "Abandoned" when it's not abandoned? Based on the dev's Discord posts it's not even "On Hold."

If people want to fret about milking or express frustration with the pace of releases, go ahead I guess? Just realize that you're not saying anything new or clever or interesting on top of what others have said already. Like 99% of things on the internet, it's just wasted kinetic energy spent on keyboard strokes. And I'm including this post here under that umbrella. Just had time and energy to waste I suppose.

tankdick

Dec 21, 2017
Why would mods tag this game as "Abandoned" when it's not abandoned? Based on the dev's Discord posts it's not even "On Hold."

If people want to fret about milking or express frustration with the pace of releases, go ahead I guess? Just realize that you're not saying anything new or clever or interesting on top of what others have said already. Like 99% of things on the internet, it's just wasted kinetic energy spent on keyboard strokes. And I'm including this post here under that umbrella. Just had time and energy to waste I suppose.
They need to add a DELAYED/ON HOLD tag. I agree abandoned isn't the right tag in this context but this site should auto tag any game not updated in the last 6 months as DELAYED/ON HOLD with no exceptions. Each release the clock is reset.

hamod

Jan 5, 2021
They need to add a DELAYED/ON HOLD tag. I agree abandoned isn't the right tag in this context but this site should auto tag any game not updated in the last 6 months as DELAYED/ON HOLD with no exceptions. Each release the clock is reset.
i agree the dev will say it if its abandoned he will not hide it or lie if the dev said he will continue then he will i dont have to say its abandoned even do..i have to fallow what he said

Discontented

Mar 19, 2018
We need a "don't waste your patreon sub on it right now" tag.

Regardless there's no way in hell the dev's "humongous update" is going to live up to the hype he's trying to generate for it. He's not Square Enix.

Last edited:
Reactions: Greybourn

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
The dev should have put his patreon on pause while he was working on his other game instead of milking his supporters for months.
Just playing devil's advocate here, because almost every day or every other day, there are complaints the update isn't done and the dev is milking his Patreons. He is absolutely NOT milking anyone. Half of the complaints are probably from people here who are getting the game for free. PLUS it is a choice to continue to support someone when you KNOW that it's going to be a long time between updates. As a supporter, they can choose to stop their pledges until such time as there is an update. So for the sake of argument... the Dev is absolutely NOT milking anyone, they are there of their own free will. Just saying.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in this comment are strictly my own and do not necessarily reflect those affiliated with this thread.

May 26, 2018
Just playing devil's advocate here, because almost every day or every other day, there are complaints the update isn't done and the dev is milking his Patreons. He is absolutely NOT milking anyone. Half of the complaints are probably from people here who are getting the game for free. PLUS it is a choice to continue to support someone when you KNOW that it's going to be a long time between updates. As a supporter, they can choose to stop their pledges until such time as there is an update. So for the sake of argument... the Dev is absolutely NOT milking anyone, they are there of their own free will. Just saying.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in this comment are strictly my own and do not necessarily reflect those affiliated with this thread.
THIS is my PERSONAL opinion: when a developer keeps hyping a non existent update, or a HUGH update that never materializes, then yes he IS "milking his patreons/subscribers;" and worse, he is attempting to gather more patreon/subscribers in order to get more money with no performance.

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
THIS is my PERSONAL opinion: when a developer keeps hyping a non existent update, or a HUGH update that never materializes, then yes he IS "milking his patreons/subscribers;" and worse, he is attempting to gather more patreon/subscribers in order to get more money with no performance.
And that's fair, you are entitled to your opinion of course. Just saying that all those people also CHOOSE to have their opinion by supporting said Developer. So it does come down to point of view. As I said, I was playing Devil's Advocate. I enjoy this game, but my entire life doesn't change if an update happens or not. If/When it happens... great. If it never does, I'll be disappointed but move on. If I PERSONALLY was financially supporting it, I would have stopped doing so until progress was shown by way of actual updates. Since I am not paying for it, nothing changes for me. It's all the choices we make, I just PERSONALLY don't see the point in constantly deluging the forum with constant post about there being no update. We can all plainly see that already. Sorry, I guess I just am not having a good day and started something I probably shouldn't... it was just frustrating me over the last few weeks.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I will never understand why people care about what other people do with their money. Like these people would actually care if people were being scammed. They just use that as an excuse to complain. The hilarious part is that if the dev dropped an update tomorrow all the people complaining and calling him a scammer and dumb shit like that, they would all play the update the moment it became available.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 51 Votes