Koushiro

Apr 18, 2019
From Radiant Patreon Page

Zero mention of Polarity, Also

"Straight up, you guys are the very reason people like me can make games like Radiant, and I'd never take that for granted."

Ironic since they took for granted the patrons regarding Polarity and cast them aside for another game. Congratulations you made them into chump change.
He did mention working on his "games" multiple times and since the post mentions Alorth seperately that would imply it was posted by Sir Dammed. While it would have been nice to know exactly what's going on with Polarity, the use of games seems to mean he's at least working on both Radiant and Polarity. Also, it wouldn't make sense to give details on Polarity on Radiant's patreon so hopefully he'll post something on the Polarity patreon soon.

Also this is just me pointing out some details, not defending the developer as I can understand people being annoyed.

May 26, 2018
I'm not going to go into your other points, because they are opinions that you are welcome to have, but I just wanted to chime in on the multiple developer names thing. The names are different because the people are different. Sir Dammed makes Polarity, but both Alorth and Sir Dammed make Radiant. Just like Alorth uses a different name for his solo game Neko Paradise then the one they use together for Radiant.
Thank you for that information. :) I honestly was unaware of that. In truth, I thought it was the same developer for Radiant aqnd Polarity (did not know about - or perhaps I did not remember) about Neko Paradise, which I actually like very much. Based on this info, I respectfully withdraw any negative comments regarding the misunderstanding of who the developer was. Again, thank you for correcting me - or at least educating me - regarding the developer(s).

Arches Stv

Feb 23, 2021
In android the game has a bug at breakfast event on chapter 1, the text always looping after ask about night event and melanie event. I waited for over a month but so sad there is still not updated yet

AuroraVT

Dec 23, 2017
Polarity would be making a lot more on patreon if it got more than 2 updates a year.
Radiant will drop patrons eventually if the pace continues like polaritys did.
I was a polarity patron almost from the start but stopped after months of nothing.
I really like polarity but its hard to support something with zero communication.
I was already a patron of polarity and neko paradise so when radiant came out i wasnt about to pay to make the games I already liked take even longer.

Discontented

Mar 19, 2018
I was just checking back to see if anything had happened in the months since I cancelled Patreon support for this game, but damn, still nothing? When I was still supporting this, pretty much all I heard from the dev's patreon for months on end was how BIG it was gonna be. Going on... 9(?) months of absolutely nothing besides "it's gonna be big" and several other developers of similar sized games/releases have released multiple updates of their games. That's what garners support (mine anyway)- regularity. If you want funding to keep coming in you need to throw supporters a bone more often than once a year. And if it's because of Radiant, why make two different games if you can't keep up with either of them? Someone already said it but if Polarity wasn't bringing in enough cash it's because it was updating so rarely that supporters like me got fed up and left.

tl;dr- Don't take on more than you're capable of. Smaller updates every 2-3 months are way better than once a year for something slightly bigger.

May 26, 2018
I was just checking back to see if anything had happened in the months since I cancelled Patreon support for this game, but damn, still nothing? When I was still supporting this, pretty much all I heard from the dev's patreon for months on end was how BIG it was gonna be. Going on... 9(?) months of absolutely nothing besides "it's gonna be big" and several other developers of similar sized games/releases have released multiple updates of their games. That's what garners support (mine anyway)- regularity. If you want funding to keep coming in you need to throw supporters a bone more often than once a year. And if it's because of Radiant, why make two different games if you can't keep up with either of them? Someone already said it but if Polarity wasn't bringing in enough cash it's because it was updating so rarely that supporters like me got fed up and left.
First: telling your supporters that a "bigger update is coming soon" and then consistently failing to deliver simply shows you as 1) A liar, and 2) A developer that is so inconsistent that any - and I DO mean ANY - game he may claim to be producing will probably be garbage (at least it indicated all of this for me).

Second: Failing to deliver consistent updates (even small ones) tells not only your supporters of THIS game - but any other game you may be involved in - (as well as any potential supporters) that they are so unimportant that you can basically say "fuck them" and/or not care about them.

tl;dr- Don't take on more than you're capable of. Smaller updates every 2-3 months are way better than once a year for something slightly bigger.
As for this particular comment, I admit, I support very few games. But the ones I DO support have 1) consistent updates with decent content added or the storyline is consistently advanced and added to; and 2) The developer does everything they can to avoid even SEEMING to be either a liar or a developer who cannot even finish one game before they start another.

What you are doing with this game is coming close to putting EVERY game you are involved with at risk - at least from my own humble point of view - since you apparently cannot tell the truth regarding this game. I know of a developer who started a game, garnered a few hundred supporters, and then totally fuckded up with their inconsistent and 'shit for brains' updates that they are now down to maybe - MAYBE - 15 supporters. Treat your supporters like shit and you not only lose them, but you lose ANY potential supporters in the future.

Reactions: tappp92

A.C.H.B.

Dec 17, 2020
Polarity [v0.4.3] Eternity Games

Original Size Win/Linux: 1.93 GB
Original Size Mac: 1.92 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 489 MB
Compressed Size Mac: 471 MB

Win/Linux: MEGA
Mac: MEGA

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:
JokerLeader MEGA link is down bro

hamod

Jan 5, 2021
Just a heads up: Chapter 1 is pretty laid back and focuses heavily on developing the first of two main female characters.

Chapter 2 is a little more spicy.. if you catch my drift.
hello i just want say its very good job u done nice story and im glad u give option to get all female charactes if some one like ..not just only the main 3 or 4 characters..and hop u keep going untel the end of the game not abandoned like other developers do..im also glad the charecters is not all skinny and small... the best thing u not keep us playing 100 days until we get the sex scene its pefectly balanced ..some time story some time naughty and some time sex...unlike the other boring games u keep playing 5 days the game just watching the character jerking off and geting handjob and blowjob and all the boring jobbbsss all the time and thats it ..the sex scene is next ver...in development..wich is big weist off time...

any way need to ask u favor pls try to make scenes with full angles cam not always first persont cam ..specialy kissing scene and sex scene...u can keep the blowjob in first person cam as u like i dont care much about bj anyway...and pleaseeee dont make the characters to be a lesbians or bisexual ..its enough we have 2 there already i guess :) thanks for ur time will wait for the next 1

jaredh72

Apr 26, 2017
First: telling your supporters that a "bigger update is coming soon" and then consistently failing to deliver simply shows you as 1) A liar, and 2) A developer that is so inconsistent that any - and I DO mean ANY - game he may claim to be producing will probably be garbage (at least it indicated all of this for me).

Second: Failing to deliver consistent updates (even small ones) tells not only your supporters of THIS game - but any other game you may be involved in - (as well as any potential supporters) that they are so unimportant that you can basically say "fuck them" and/or not care about them.

As for this particular comment, I admit, I support very few games. But the ones I DO support have 1) consistent updates with decent content added or the storyline is consistently advanced and added to; and 2) The developer does everything they can to avoid even SEEMING to be either a liar or a developer who cannot even finish one game before they start another.

What you are doing with this game is coming close to putting EVERY game you are involved with at risk - at least from my own humble point of view - since you apparently cannot tell the truth regarding this game. I know of a developer who started a game, garnered a few hundred supporters, and then totally fuckded up with their inconsistent and 'shit for brains' updates that they are now down to maybe - MAYBE - 15 supporters. Treat your supporters like shit and you not only lose them, but you lose ANY potential supporters in the future.
Currently 331 ($1,323) patrons to Radiant's 1116 ($6,515). You'll also notice that the updates on the Polarity Patreon had been multiple times a month, went to about once a month for a bit, and is now at 3 months (compared to Radiant's 2+ posts a month). They could give a status update on the Polarity Patreon, or even one here (especially since they were signed on here as recent as yesterday). I realize the renders are very high quality and take longer to make, but that doesn't mean you have to stay silent.

However, I wouldn't expect (or even want) a dev to read and reply to everybody's posts directed towards them that warrant a response. Even if there wasn't a thread for the game on any other sites, it could easily be very time consuming to read new posts and respond. Time that could be spent working on the game.

I don't support too many games either (mainly due to financial reasons), but the ones I still do provide at least relatively consistent updates on status/releases and/or the amount of new content justifies the wait. Whether that's like Runey's Harem Hotel that has months between updates but adds a lot of high quality content (and he makes posts on his Patreon at least once a month that tells you he's working hard on it), or it's one like Arc's Corrupted Kingdoms that only adds a couple of scenes each new version but is justified in that releases are only a week apart.

That, or in the case of at least one of the devs I am technically still supporting, they don't have it set to monthly. They only get money (and I only get charged) "per Major game update", so even though it's been what seems like forever since their last release, it hasn't cost me a penny. If they release a new version, then great, and if they never release anything more and disappear, I'm not out any money and don't have to worry about if the dev is just milking me and the rest of their patrons for money.

Personally, I think it should be the case that devs who haven't released anything within a certain time frame (i.e. 6 months or a year) are automatically switched to "per Major game update" so that those who are literally doing nothing but are still getting money from people who haven't cancelled their pledge for whatever reason have to do something or lose the cash flow. I know that will never happen though, because the site gets a cut of the money and would lose out on income too.

Qmil679

Q / Motherlover
Donor
Mar 13, 2019
Damn. I remembered about this game and see that there has been no update for 9 months. That time passed quickly.:eek:
I see again the update is postponed (?)
I don't see a future for this game as it is supposed to be as it is now.
No response to Patreon since December. Promises to be interesting. Heh.
The game has great potential. I like story, it's very interesting. But well..

Discontented

Mar 19, 2018
Damn. I remembered about this game and see that there has been no update for 9 months. That time passed quickly.:eek:
I see again the update is postponed (?)
I don't see a future for this game as it is supposed to be as it is now.
No response to Patreon since December. Promises to be interesting. Heh.
The game has great potential. I like story, it's very interesting. But well..
The GAME has potential, the dev doesn't.

Darkside00

Nov 10, 2017
P
Please believe me, I DO understand that. My opinion, - and I recognize it IS (perhaps) only my opinion - however is that polarity is MUCH better than Radiant.

1)Radiant is, after all, simply another (sorry for this description) boring father /daughter incest trope yet again. One of MANY that we have here.

2) Radiant has not YET been significantly updated for quite a while. I mean damn...the game was first posted April of 2020, and all we are at is v 0.2.1? And according to the changelog, not much was added to this December 2020 version either:

V 0.2.1

"• Adds a new scene to the "Dark Path" in CH2
• Includes 25 new renders + 1 new animation
• Never before heard track
• See walkthrough for more info on the scene
• Added "Named Saves"
• Updated Ending Credits
• Fixes most bugs "

in comparison to v 0.2.0:

"• The full second chapter
• ~2hrs of playtime
• Over 720 new renders (+2,000 for animations)
• 10 new animations
• A ton of options for multiple playthroughs "

Considering all the SUPPORT Radiant is getting, the developer is doing crap about working - as far as I can see - about REALLY working on this game. Don't get me wrong; I am WELL aware of the work involved in making a game. After all, lol, I have spoken to too many developers, assistants, and co-workers on a team NOT to be aware. So 2 to 3 months for updates is actually "workable" in my personal point of view. But NOT when after 8 months from start to now, we are ONLY at version 0.2.1. Way to go for a developer to show appreciation for his supporters.

As far as supporting Polarity with my friends and others? I have. But when a developer takes so fucking long to produce so little content, why should ANYONE be willing to risk supporting someone who appears (and I am NOT saying this as a fact) to be getting ready to abandon his projects? Radiant is ONLY at v 0.2.1, while Polarity is already at v 0.4.3? Does not seem to make much sense, does it?

3) apparently the developer has to hide behind 2 or more developer names (Eternity Games for Polarity, and RK Studios for Radiant, who knows WHO else for other games?). Is he/she/they hiding something? Don't get me wrong, developers can use whatever name, development team name, etc... that they want. I just wonder if this is another Slonique, however, trying to hide behind another name in order to screw people yet again?

Again, the above is ONLY my opinion, and I could be way off and wrong. If I am, and am shown that, I will be the first to admit my error and apologize.

To give you examples of the reason for my opinion;

My New Family updates (at least close to) once a month. Each update has significant content, has only (as far as I am aware of) 2 people creating it, and yet delivers (as I said) significant content within each update. This with My New Family being the main developer's FIRST project! This game is already at v 0.17.0 and - in one year, with a newbie developer - has more content than Radiant and Polarity put together (this with an - apparently - experienced developer who SHOULD already know what he is doing and should have had his game planned out)

Harem Hotel delivers updates about every 3 (sometimes 6) months or so. Again, MAJOR addition of content within each update, good storyline, good renders, etc. I can accept the length of time between updates on Harem Hotel because the developer delivers significant content in each and every update. No idea how experienced this developer is, but I have not found any other games under his name - yet I imagine he is not THAT experienced, he just had a plan already figured out on how his game would go and progress. Also no idea if he has a team helping him( I suspect he does), yet he has never failed to deliver. I grant, he is at v 0.11.2, started the game in 2018, and has only come this far in 2 - almost 3 - years.

Maybe it is unfair to compare between games and developers, yet it is at least somewhat fair when considering the degree of actual work progress shown by updates within each game.

But again - my opinion, and ONLY my opinion - and I accept it may be wrong and/or unfair. So Be It, but wrong and unfair or not, I do not feel I mis-stepped in commenting the way I have.
pretty good essay u got here tho

raffovic

Apr 7, 2020
christof rauch I get what you say about Radiant and you're not completely wrong. But you have to admit that Polarity hasn't been updated for quite a while now, even longer than radiant.

May 26, 2018
christof rauch I get what you say about Radiant and you're not completely wrong. But you have to admit that Polarity hasn't been updated for quite a while now, even longer than radiant.
Oh, I completely agree, and My personal belief is that Polarity is MUCH better than Radiant.

Radiant - to me own mind - is simply yet another Father/Daughter type VN/Game (equally so fucking slow to develop or has too many potential LI's within the game),

while Polarity has - or maybe I should have said HAD - not only a good story, but a decent premise as well as decent (at least so far) development of characters with reasonable explanations for their actions (as mentioned within the story line). Sure, it also has a number (perhaps too many) of LI's within this game as well. Yet, you can decide for or against who you are interested in - without really losing too much of the story line or progression.

4.30 star(s) 51 Votes