May 26, 2018
And that's fair, you are entitled to your opinion of course. Just saying that all those people also CHOOSE to have their opinion by supporting said Developer. So it does come down to point of view. As I said, I was playing Devil's Advocate. I enjoy this game, but my entire life doesn't change if an update happens or not. If/When it happens... great. If it never does, I'll be disappointed but move on. If I PERSONALLY was financially supporting it, I would have stopped doing so until progress was shown by way of actual updates. Since I am not paying for it, nothing changes for me. It's all the choices we make, I just PERSONALLY don't see the point in constantly deluging the forum with constant post about there being no update. We can all plainly see that already. Sorry, I guess I just am not having a good day and started something I probably shouldn't... it was just frustrating me over the last few weeks.
lol an articulate and well thought out response. ;) And I find that I agree with your overall assessment.

girdeyordo

Oct 6, 2020
And that's fair, you are entitled to your opinion of course. Just saying that all those people also CHOOSE to have their opinion by supporting said Developer. So it does come down to point of view. As I said, I was playing Devil's Advocate. I enjoy this game, but my entire life doesn't change if an update happens or not. If/When it happens... great. If it never does, I'll be disappointed but move on. If I PERSONALLY was financially supporting it, I would have stopped doing so until progress was shown by way of actual updates. Since I am not paying for it, nothing changes for me. It's all the choices we make, I just PERSONALLY don't see the point in constantly deluging the forum with constant post about there being no update. We can all plainly see that already. Sorry, I guess I just am not having a good day and started something I probably shouldn't... it was just frustrating me over the last few weeks.
Have you ever thought it's free therapy :WeSmart:
Did someone invest some of their personal time into playing this? Well it doesn't matter if they are rich or poor on a pirate site now does it? It's all monopoly money here.
external-content.duckduckgo.com2.gif

Dammed was allegedly on this site today and could have stopped by to give a simmer down post but couldn't be bothered
¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

While it's peoples money to donate if they choose to, if someone else wants to try an persuade them not to well that's their choice too.

But until you see this game back on the Latest Updates list what is left are those beating a dead horse...
external-content.duckduckgo.com.gif

This post will get buried sooner or later as the cycle repeats in this quagmire we created :KEK:

Reactions: ninjahotsprings

hamod

Jan 5, 2021
Just playing devil's advocate here, because almost every day or every other day, there are complaints the update isn't done and the dev is milking his Patreons. He is absolutely NOT milking anyone. Half of the complaints are probably from people here who are getting the game for free. PLUS it is a choice to continue to support someone when you KNOW that it's going to be a long time between updates. As a supporter, they can choose to stop their pledges until such time as there is an update. So for the sake of argument... the Dev is absolutely NOT milking anyone, they are there of their own free will. Just saying.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in this comment are strictly my own and do not necessarily reflect those affiliated with this thread.
wel i have to say that im not from the people who complaning ..sence i know he will take his time and he still working on it soo im happily waiting ..but to be honest having patreons paying the dev there every mounth like salary ..and they end up getting nothing for 9 mounths it means HE IS MILKING THEM like it or not ..soo even do if they r there BY Ther free well that is not an excuse for being late all this time and it dosnt mean the people will not talk ..becouse obviosly they r paying on ther free well to get somthing not just paying for nothing...and by the way if theres people here they r playing for free as u say ..then the dev he is also not doing this for free he is geting payed for long.. soo i guess if the people didnt play it for free they well keep paying 9 mounths for nothing or maybe abandoned like others or how the people here think already

21zebras

Mar 3, 2019
posted on their patron today, something about a huge double update. not sure, i'm not a patron of theirs.

hamod

Jan 5, 2021
posted on their patron today, something about a huge double update. not sure, i'm not a patron of theirs.
yea i heared that chap 5 in progress will be double size the previus it will be big ,,and the dev asking us to wait and its worth it ..soo i understand that its not abandoned he is woring on it i hop

Reactions: Mr.Hobbs

royale24

Sep 6, 2018
Dammed was allegedly on this site today and could have stopped by to give a simmer down post but couldn't be bothered
¯\_ (ツ)_/¯
Would you want to come into this post if you were the developer? Every game thread on this site has people whining and complaining and accusing the developers of milking their supporters on Patreon. People complain when developers abandon or put their games on hold because of personal issues. With all the negative feedback they get no matter how hard they work, I don't blame the developers for having "personal issues" as often as they do. Does anyone ever stop and think that these developers are people like you and me, and, in the vast majority of cases, they are amateur developers who have lives and jobs outside of developing?

The developers are not obligated to respond to anyone, and their patrons have no obligations to keep supporting them. All you people whining and complaining about lack of updates, lack of communication, etc. need to take a step back and reexamine what you're doing. You're getting dozens of games posted on this website every day that you don't have to pay for, and all you can do is whine and complain. Be thankful developers don't issue copyright takedowns of their content. You think DrPinkCake (Acting Lessons, Being a Dik) couldn't use the money he's gotten from his supporters to lawyer up and try to take down this site? Do the rest of us a favor and take your toxic, selfish, whiny and entitled attitudes somewhere else. It doesn't speed up development, it just makes people not want to develop games.

girdeyordo

Oct 6, 2020
Would you want to come into this post if you were the developer?
Devs that actually deal with public relations from time to time don't have nearly as many problems.

Every game thread on this site has people whining and complaining and accusing the developers of milking their supporters on Patreon. People complain when developers abandon or put their games on hold because of personal issues. With all the negative feedback they get no matter how hard they work, I don't blame the developers for having "personal issues" as often as they do. Does anyone ever stop and think that these developers are people like you and me, and, in the vast majority of cases, they are amateur developers who have lives and jobs outside of developing?
Maybe look up some of the stretch goals before assuming these are amateur developers.

500 - reached! patrons
Myself & Alorth will become full-time game devs.

If one of their goals is doing this "full-time" and they achieved said goal then technically this should be their real job. Lot's of other devs provide more than vapor-ware and are met with praise on this site!

The developers are not obligated to respond to anyone, and their patrons have no obligations to keep supporting them.
Meh this probably boils down to a difference in work ethics. Some devs actually have some creative passion they like to share with fans but on a legal point you are right as Patreon considers all transactions as "charitable donations, which they take a cut from, with no obligation to fulfill any promises made".

All you people whining and complaining about lack of updates, lack of communication, etc. need to take a step back and reexamine what you're doing. You're getting dozens of games posted on this website every day that you don't have to pay for, and all you can do is whine and complain. Be thankful developers don't issue copyright takedowns of their content. You think DrPinkCake (Acting Lessons, Being a Dik) couldn't use the money he's gotten from his supporters to lawyer up and try to take down this site? Do the rest of us a favor and take your toxic, selfish, whiny and entitled attitudes somewhere else. It doesn't speed up development, it just makes people not want to develop games.
Trying to take on pirate sites is like a game of whack-a-mole but you keep deluding yourself that takedowns actually are useful. There's a reason why amateur developers come here honey, they don't have the money to advertise along with sometimes harsh criticism helps people hone their craft. If everyone is sucking the developers dick then nothing ever gets better as why should it? If they wanted that then they would make a Discord to hide in.

Yet welcome to the swamp, you're no better than anyone else on here :cool:

May 26, 2018
Would you want to come into this post if you were the developer? Every game thread on this site has people whining and complaining and accusing the developers of milking their supporters on Patreon. People complain when developers abandon or put their games on hold because of personal issues. With all the negative feedback they get no matter how hard they work, I don't blame the developers for having "personal issues" as often as they do. Does anyone ever stop and think that these developers are people like you and me, and, in the vast majority of cases, they are amateur developers who have lives and jobs outside of developing?
sorry, but his excuse is not personal issues, but because he figures other games, and collaberations are more important than his supporters or potential supporters. If he truly cared about his supporters, then he would have had better than v 0.4.3 and have advanced the damned game progress much more than he has already. So, yes, his contant BS about v0.5.0 IS BS, and he IS milking his supporters for more money without doing any work. I mean, it HAS been a LONG time since his last decent update, and he is too busy on Radiant to care much for supporters or potential supporters here.
The developers are not obligated to respond to anyone, and their patrons have no obligations to keep supporting them. All you people whining and complaining about lack of updates, lack of communication, etc. need to take a step back and reexamine what you're doing. You're getting dozens of games posted on this website every day that you don't have to pay for, and all you can do is whine and complain.
Oh give me a break! If he would stop lying about what the fuck he is really doing, would be honest and actually have the Ethics and Integrity to finish his damned game before starting work on 2 or more other projects, then maybe we would not complain as much, and he would have more actual supporters. and maybe his other projects would not suffer as much as well.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I pulled my support when they started wo0rking on Radiant.

This was already slow to update before that and Radiant is just as bad.

This dev either has too little time or a terrible work ethic but should in no way be working on 2 games. They aren't able to pull it off.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020

This dev either has too little time or a terrible work ethic but should in no way be working on 2 games. They aren't able to pull it off.
Well... The developer’s company IS called “Eternity Games”, didn’t realize it meant that it would take an eternity to make the games...

hamod

Jan 5, 2021

if its already 9 mounths to update as i heared ..then he is slow and lazy and careless or maybe he wested too much time in the other game more than this 1..the good news is that he is still working on it and he said it will be huge update double size worth waiting ..let see he may surprise us or something..my oppenion is that even do he is slow and lazy but he realy know how to make good game.. .thats why we r all here still waiting and upset from his delays untel now :)

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Well... The developer’s company IS called “Eternity Games”, didn’t realize it meant that it would take an eternity to make the games...
As much as I don't bash developers about release cycles, I have to admit this is pretty damn clever!

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
the good news is that he is still working on it and he said it will be huge update double size worth waiting
I heard the same thing for the second chapter of Radiant. It was not a good release in my opinion.

Reactions: arms99

hamod

Jan 5, 2021
I heard the same thing for the second chapter of Radiant. It was not a good release in my opinion.
can u belive i have radiant almost a week now in my pc and i didnt even touch it yet untel now ? i didnt even have the apetite im sure polarity will be much better i dont know why...and the comment here proving me right how i feel about radiant ..but let see

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
can u belive i have radiant almost a week now in my pc and i didnt even touch it yet untel now ? i didnt even have the apetite im sure polaraty will be much better i dont know why...nd the comment here proving me right how i feel about radiant ..but let see
They are extremely different.

Radiant has one strong, super powerful selling point which are the triplets. Those 3 would say democracy to Putin in Russia. Reason why the second update was bad (in my opinion) was because it did not focus on the triplets. While I would say that should not be something to based a game for, it fit the story that the main character would focus on his "out of a hat" new daughters, instead of going to have dinner with another woman. Again, this is an opinion, and anyone has one, bla bla bla, but I think my comment is justified. We'll see when chapter 3 is released.

For polarity, I really liked it. And it ended in a cliffhanger.. We'll see what it comes. But the last update was not long either. And I got the feeling the project suffered from a "too big tree" problem. We'll see too.

Reactions: lunar517 and hamod

hamod

Jan 5, 2021
They are extremely different.

Radiant has one strong, super powerful selling point which are the triplets. Those 3 would say democracy to Putin in Russia. Reason why the second update was bad (in my opinion) was because it did not focus on the triplets. While I would say that should not be something to based a game for, it fit the story that the main character would focus on his "out of a hat" new daughters, instead of going to have dinner with another woman. Again, this is an opinion, and anyone has one, bla bla bla, but I think my comment is justified. We'll see when chapter 3 is released.

For polarity, I really liked it. And it ended in a cliffhanger.. We'll see what it comes. But the last update was not long either. And I got the feeling the project suffered from a "too big tree" problem. We'll see too.
the big tree is not problim honestly as long as he have already 9 mounths to update ..what makes me worried is that some of the girls or the students will be ignored by the dev soo even if u like her u maybe never gona touch here and she will be cast out (just becouse she is not one of the main character or not important one) WELLLLL .. ITS IMPORTAT FOR MEEEE ...!!! soo i hop he can put option to all girls and let the player to deside ..unlike some other games.... about radiant honestly i dont mind how the story setuation goas ..what makes me stay away is that the story it self to beggen with ..it looks like more politecal and hestorical than easy going story of polarity if u know what i mean...( russia - war - swords- kings - magicians - gods) headichsss .. soo complecated and boring ...but i still cannot judge becouse i didnt try yet

4.30 star(s) 51 Votes