humanjelloman

Jul 2, 2020
From what I've seen the Dev is a habitual liar. Always saying this update is taking so long because it's over twice the size of all other updates combined. Then he always say it's just about ready and should be out any moment. That moment never comes and has been promised for months. At this point I think he's just milking his patreons like a scumbag.

Shipfan66

Mar 24, 2019
Without descending into mudslinging, namecalling, etc, I'm just gonna say that after 2 years of no releases, and the last 2 updates nothing more than bugfixes, I'm reluctantly giving up on both this game and Radiant and moving them to my 'Abandoned' folder. If either game should someday get reinstated, I'll gladly play it again; until then, they and their Discord servers go into the oubliette. Best of luck, Dammed and Alorth. Hope to see y'all again one of these years.

Uzhirian

Jul 18, 2017
What do you not understand about "Abandoned"?

Its been more than 2 years now that this even got an update.
I'm fully aware this is marked abandoned and hasn't been updated in forever. I can read.
Abandoned here is an F95 thing though. Doesn't mean the discord isn't still around, and i'm looking for a link. If you don't have it, no worries, you can just, you know...not reply.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
I'm fully aware this is marked abandoned and hasn't been updated in forever. I can read.
Abandoned here is an F95 thing though. Doesn't mean the discord isn't still around, and i'm looking for a link. If you don't have it, no worries, you can just, you know...not reply.
The only link I know of that still works is for radiant all others the dev's use to have are now gone or so it seems to me.
You can try and PM the dev and see if there is a new link.

But seeing as this thread is own and ran by the dev I doubt it.

Uzhirian

Jul 18, 2017
The only link I know of that still works is for radiant all others the dev's use to have are now gone or so it seems to me.
You can try and PM the dev and see if there is a new link.

But seeing as this thread is own and ran by the dev I doubt it.
Thanks, I might try that eventually at a more reason hour. Was sheer curiosity of what I could find if I could get a working link is all. I just figured as people claimed in here the dev says he's still working on it someone might have a link, because there isn't any word from the dev in the thread and I just checked out the Radiant discord earlier and no mention of polarity there i could find in search.

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
Thanks, I might try that eventually at a more reason hour. Was sheer curiosity of what I could find if I could get a working link is all. I just figured as people claimed in here the dev says he's still working on it someone might have a link, because there isn't any word from the dev in the thread and I just checked out the Radiant discord earlier and no mention of polarity there i could find in search.

this is the radiant discord, shouldn't matter though since he's also the dev for polarity.

Reactions: Uzhirian

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
You have to remember that a lot of dev's string along there patreons to keep the money coming in as long as possible.

Don't get me wrong I do love both this game and radiant but how the dev has done don't give me much hope that any game will get finish by them.

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
This thread is a case-study in why people still fall for Ponzi schemes and crypto rug-pulls: create a pattern of positive results early in a project and then let power of people's ability to delude themselves do the rest. Eternity/Damned has underperformed against their own claims longer than they have met stated expectations, but that doesn't seem to stop people from supporting them financially and on this board.

What's equally fascinating to me is the amount of grief that some of the "hobby" developers get even when they warn everyone that they're not going to release very often, but then people will defend "transactional" developers hoping that, if no one says anything negative, the developer will hear their pleas and give them the digital drawings that they crave so much.

Simping is never a good look but simping for a VN seems especially silly to me, no matter how badly you want that 2D model of a bug-eyed girl in a background you've seen a thousand times.

GrammarApe

Aug 19, 2019
The android version keeps me on loop in dinner date. When I tried using JoiPlay it crashes. I hope they updated the android version.

markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
Here at Eternity-games, it takes an Eternity to update them. Fitting name for the dev lol.
I'm sorta kidding...I just noticed the name of the dev and how long hes taking :cool:

DragonMatt

Aug 17, 2021
Why was this game abandoned? I played it when it first came out but was waiting for it to be completed. I enjoyed what I waas able to play of it.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Why was this game abandoned? I played it when it first came out but was waiting for it to be completed. I enjoyed what I waas able to play of it.
Dammed (the dev) shifted inexplicably to an entirely new game (Radiant) and has stayed busy with that instead of this. I think Radiant is pretty good, but he should've finished this first IMO.

4.30 star(s) 51 Votes