KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
Yeah this game was only created in 2019 so 4 years is a lie

2.5 years since last content is absolutely true

Abandoned is still true

But 4 years is made up shit
No. The last update was a few bug fixes. Check the changelog. They don't change the "latest updates" time for small updates. They do so for major updates.

Type polarity in the search bar yourself.

buff

May 29, 2017
It's unfortunate cuz I wanted to believe him when he said he was still going hard at it, just that Radiant was taking up more of his time than he wanted =/
The vibe I get is that Dammed is not a bad guy, maybe a little lazy but no worse than most. His bigger problem is he tries to cover for flakey art types.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
The vibe I get is that Dammed is not a bad guy, maybe a little lazy but no worse than most. His bigger problem is he tries to cover for flakey art types.
"Covering for flakey art types" is an okay excuse when a team misses one or two deadlines.

When they have lied constantly for 2 years, repeatedly told us about "the biggest update EVER" only for that update to never appear and then release a second game whilst not being able to develop one game that already has a fan base.....

Well that goes beyond excuses and into fetish territory because now he's taking a massive steaming shit on his player base with a big smile on his fase and asking if we want more.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
"Covering for flakey art types" is an okay excuse when a team misses one or two deadlines.

When they have lied constantly for 2 years, repeatedly told us about "the biggest update EVER" only for that update to never appear and then release a second game whilst not being able to develop one game that already has a fan base.....

Well that goes beyond excuses and into fetish territory because now he's taking a massive steaming shit on his player base with a big smile on his fase and asking if we want more.
This.gif

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017

This is Polarity

Keep in mind (if you didn't know or remember) Damned worked on this ALONE. The art guy here is Damned himself.
The other VN he jumped into was a partnership but that was split as all scripting and dialogue and story was Damned and the art was Alorth. But that was Damned's decision. Alorth did not kidnap him or anything. So if you disagree with the second VN situation as it relates to interfering with Polarity, again that all needs to be directed at only, solely Damned.

He has clearly stated this is on hold/abandoned until or unless he can get someone to do Art for him for this. Alorth does a shit ton of art as it is and cannot take this as well.

This is known and has been known for a while, so I do not know why a fresh round of "FUCK THIS" has started.

But for anyone who did not know. Damned considers this on hold until he gets someone else to do the art because it is too much for him, as only himself, to accomplish.

Can this go back to collecting cobwebs now??

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
also, i didn't read good stuff about Radiant...
True that, or Neko Paradise. Or the half a dozen other projects Devs like to use as an excuse so they can never finish a game but still make a comfortable living. ;)
I blame Patreon mostly, as the driving force behind the infinite milking of Patrons over any kind of completed projects.
It's a great business model. :poop:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Demoness_Kiss

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
also, i didn't read good stuff about Radiant...
The very first episode of Radiant was fantastic.

Man has his life turned upside down in an accident, spends years in a coma, love of his life has triplets then dies of cancer and then his daughters find him.

It had a proper emotional kick, it was a really good read.

Then it turned into generic incest game number 389749. The personalities of the girls are generic, the story went generic and some of the the things that happened were so dumb it baffled me how someone thought it would be a good idea to put it out for public consumption.

For instance. Imagine if your neighbour was a member of the police force, threatened you in broad daylight and filmed what you did every night, saw you kiss your daughter and thought that was a gotcha moment.

Not only would be they be up on harassment charges, a kiss has never been illegal so wouldn't go anywhere anyway.

As for the daughters. You've got the happy ditzy one, the sensible mature one and the angry brooding one. If more generic personalities exist, i've never heard of the.

Look, I don't dislike Radiant because it meant the dev shit on fans of this game when he was in no position at all to start on another game .... I dislike it because the devs started strong and had the chance to do something amazing yet made just another incest game.

Shit on fans of one game for nothing.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018

Man has his life turned upside down in an accident, spends years in a coma, love of his life has triplets then dies of cancer and then his daughters find him.

Then it turned into generic incest game number 389749. The personalities of the girls are generic, the story went generic and some of the the things that happened were so dumb it baffled me how someone thought it would be a good idea to put it out for public consumption.

For instance. Imagine if your neighbour was a member of the police force, threatened you in broad daylight and filmed what you did every night, saw you kiss your daughter and thought that was a gotcha moment.

Not only would be they be up on harassment charges, a kiss has never been illegal so wouldn't go anywhere anyway.

As for the daughters. You've got the happy ditzy one, the sensible mature one and the angry brooding one. If more generic personalities exist, i've never heard of the.

Look, I don't dislike Radiant because it meant the dev shit on fans of this game when he was in no position at all to start on another game .... I dislike it because the devs started strong and had the chance to do something amazing yet made just another incest game.

I swear, so many devs load up their car with a great idea but forget to fill the fuel tank. It's pretty sad honestly. But doing that while also stranding friends at the previous party? That takes a special kind of developer. [sigh]

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017

DAMN! I get it and glad that i avoided it...considering that Polarity until the abandonment/on-hold was pretty good...i mean, the game is the classic case of "where MC finds the time to bang all these girls?" but i do have a good memory of the game...so yeah i agree with you about the shitting on the fans now...but i know the reasons why Radiant sucks

i can literally name 5 incest visual novels with a similar "post-prologue plot" and 3 of them got an update recently XD

Last edited:
Reactions: Mint-ER#

buff

May 29, 2017
Interesting, I wasn't aware that a big update was promised. Yeah, that _is_ pretty shitty.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017

Just read a review of Radiant wrote by Vertius....holy shit what the fucking fuck! I can't believe something so idiotic is being developed...like Polarity would win an award compared to Radiant! Holy cow!

Like...how can be so well-reviewed by the majority of the people if that's the whole story of the game....daaaamn...

Now, i TRULY get what you meant with "the dev got a shit on the fans for nothing"

Blasted Hell...that's not a shit on the fans...it's like pouring 10 tons of manure on them and genuinely tell them to enjoy the "crap-shower"!

Jeez...this dev failed miserably and yet he gets money from it.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Just read a review of Radiant wrote by Vertius....holy shit what the fucking fuck! I can't believe something so idiotic is being developed...like Polarity would win an award compared to Radiant! Holy cow!

Like...how can be so well-reviewed by the majority of the people if that's the whole story of the game....daaaamn...

Now, i TRULY get what you meant with "the dev got a shit on the fans for nothing"

Blasted Hell...that's not a shit on the fans...it's like pouring 10 tons of manure on them and genuinely tell them to enjoy the "crap-shower"!

Jeez...this dev failed miserably and yet he gets money from it.
There is a reason I almost never review a game until at least 6 or 7 full-version releases in (usually it's more like 10+). You can start off awesome and then trip over your own feet and land face-down in a pile of shit. Radiant would be only one of many examples.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
There is a reason I almost never review a game until at least 6 or 7 full-version releases in (usually it's more like 10+). You can start off awesome and then trip over your own feet and land face-down in a pile of shit. Radiant would be only one of many examples.
yeah i do the same, usually i prefer to wait for complete games...mostly it depends actually XD let's just say that i should review at least half of the games in my signature and i have yet to write down a review for ANY of them yet XD

4.30 star(s) 51 Votes