a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Why was this game abandoned? I played it when it first came out but was waiting for it to be completed. I enjoyed what I waas able to play of it.
Dammed (the dev) shifted inexplicably to an entirely new game (Radiant) and has stayed busy with that instead of this. I think Radiant is pretty good, but he should've finished this first IMO.
The dev said he would update this one after each of the last 2-3 updates of radiant but never did, he is just milking this for all its worth stringing along the patreons that are still paying for this abandoned game.

As long as he is still making money he is happy to screw over the patreons that are left.

Nagash477

Dec 14, 2019
The dev said he would update this one after each of the last 2-3 updates of radiant but never did, he is just milking this for all its worth stringing along the patreons that are still paying for this abandoned game.

As long as he is still making money he is happy to screw over the patreons that are left.
His last post in Radiant thread :D- "I've spent a couple of months working towards finding more of a middle-ground between "speed" and "quality" for Chapter 5 onward... and will continue working towards this/trying to shorten dev time for every single update."

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018

That may be true, but I still stand by what I said before: he should've at least finished Polarity before moving on to Radiant. Alorth also works on Radiant, and whether someone has the same complaint about him or not, at least he has released Neko Paradise much more regularly. I'm starting to think the real reason this hasn't gotten an update is that he's painted himself into a corner somehow and can't figure out how to progress this game in any realistic way. I wouldn't think things in Polarity would be in that situation normally, but I am beginning to wonder. Just disappointing more than anything, really.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
His last post in Radiant thread :D- "I've spent a couple of months working towards finding more of a middle-ground between "speed" and "quality" for Chapter 5 onward... and will continue working towards this/trying to shorten dev time for every single update."
I could care less what he posted there.

This was posted 16 months ago stating that chapter 5 was near completion.

If you're out of the loop/haven't been chatting with us over on Discord, Chapter 5 is nearing completion.

Leafkiller

Sep 13, 2018
The girls in this game are so much more alluring. While playing this game(sorta) you want to be loyal but they are so beautiful and seductive you just give in plus its the way the story is set up. This game should have been a 2 or more route way story.

I don't really remember what Radiant was about but I just downloaded the update, time to do that.

Maknzy

Aug 24, 2020
This game has been completely abandoned by Damned. There has not been anything from him on the Polarity Patreon page since November of 2021. His SubscribeStar page is down to 6 members. There are 2 ways in which a game becomes abandoned according to another developer; 1) The dev does not respond to F95 when queried about the development of the game. 2) The dev tells F95 that the game is abandoned. Not On Hold, like several other games, but Abandoned. Anything he says on his Radiant Patreon page is just to increase his subs there and string others along thinking that he will return to finish this game.

Leafkiller

Sep 13, 2018
I know incest draws people in which this doesn't have at the moment but the girl models in this game is much better.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I don't think he is going to update this until he gets a partner to do the art/graphics

Discord chat I glanced over at one point recently
That actually kind of makes sense, given that he paired with Alorth for Radiant. I think SirDammed must just generally limit his time (whether RL interfering or self-imposed) for working on games. If that's true, seeking out a partner for them makes sense. I also know Alorth is doing multiple projects at the same time (at least Radiant, Tales from the Neverending Void, and Neko Paradise), so he may not be able to work on Polarity (which also isn't his render style, so a preference between HS2 and DAZ might be a big factor).

Reactions: jaw1986baby

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
I don't think he is going to update this until he gets a partner to do the art/graphics

Discord chat I glanced over at one point recently
yeah i glanced through the radiant server as well, he pretty much says he's not working on it anymore, he ran into a brick wall with asset settings and stuff like that I think he said. It's unfortunate cuz I wanted to believe him when he said he was still going hard at it, just that Radiant was taking up more of his time than he wanted =/

Reactions: KingWeWuz
4.30 star(s) 51 Votes