Bucketbot89

Feb 11, 2018
Really pains me to see this one abandoned in favor of some generic, dime-a-dozen incest story that really brings nothing new to the table (albeit with fantastic renders and nice character designs). I get that he's gonna go where the money is (and I don't blame him, really), but it's disappointing all the same.

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
I have spoken directly with the dev on Discord, SubStar, and the Radiant thread. So you can ask him questions. He is much more of a story guy than a graphics guy so I think making scenes takes him longer graphically than many, many other devs. This is of course my own thoughts and opinions so the best way to get real info you could trust would be to go try and communicate with the Dev. Hope this helps, if anything will.

I do look forward to more Polarity Story myself. I am just way, way, way more patient than like 90% of people here.

PEACE

This aged well

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Kinda sad that he couldn't post anything on his own game thread :rolleyes:
Even when Radiant got updated he couldn't bother just to stop by here and say "now simmer down everyone, simmer".
I mean really the choir here has only been getting louder and the someday over the rainbow patreon and discord post only goes so far.
In general, Amazingly some devs don't like or respect pirates. Some actually seem to hate us. So not saying anything here isn't surprising to me...

But the ones that pay and support them, radio silence there is surprising to me...

girdeyordo

Oct 6, 2020
In general, Amazingly some devs don't like or respect pirates. Some actually seem to hate us. So not saying anything here isn't surprising to me...
Yeah but
  1. Those devs usually don't maintain a presence here and much less own their own game threads. A few of those would be happy to get less attention from pirates even though pirates are more likely to buy stuff since they're exposed to more stuff :WeSmart:
  2. Last message they posted on here was on Jul 15, 2021 in their Radiant thread. Compare that to the last time they posted on this thread, Oct 25, 2020.
    Edit: Well I'll be Dammed , one year anniversary since they last posted
  3. Though they apparently respect the place enough to open a ticket to try to resolve the issue and not say maintain a presence on their own thread :KEK:
Just seems odd that they're trying to keep a thread alive without actually coming by to keep it alive.

Last edited:
Reactions: chainedpanda

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Yeah but
  1. Those devs usually don't maintain a presence here and much less own their own game threads. A few of those would be happy to get less attention from pirates even though pirates are more likely to buy stuff since they're exposed to more stuff :WeSmart:
  2. Last message they posted on here was on Jul 15, 2021 in their Radiant thread. Compare that to the last time they posted on this thread, Oct 25, 2020.
  3. Though they apparently respect the place enough to open a ticket to try to resolve the issue and not say maintain a presence on their own thread :KEK:
Just seems odd that they're trying to keep a thread alive without actually coming by to keep it alive.
I'm not arguing against any of your points honestly. Just stating it doesn't surprise me...

Reactions: girdeyordo

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021

But the ones that pay and support them, radio silence there is surprising to me...
It's simply because there hasn't been anything for them to say. He's lost about $1,000 since I dropped my backing. I backed him for a year and all that time he'd promised he was working on polarity. I didn't back him for Radiant, I backed him for polarity. As... decent? I guess is the word, as radiant is, it's not the game I was supporting his development for. I think he's losing a lot of his backers just due to the shroud of silence he's pretty much wrapped up polarity in. He even says "It's nothing groundbreaking but I've definitely been making gradual progress." That just means he really hasn't been putting any work into it. And his last update about the game was back in may. In the year and a half he'd been working on radiant with Alorth, neither of them have done any substantial progress towards their own games. Alorth, from speaking to him on several occasions across several threads, has been working on trying to build up a few people that work on renders, for his team. SirD I'm not sure about what he's doing or why he's been so delayed. All I know is he had promised to have a release out "Shortly after chapter 3 of radiant." mind you, chapter 3 of radiant was also 4 months ago. So... All in all, all I can say is his word means very little right now to me. Until he can actually back his promises, I really don't hold much of any stock in what he has to say. It's like, every dev I've backed at this point is working on different games than the ones they started with and just don't give a crap about their original fanbase anymore lol.
Screenshot (685).png

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
Just figured I'd drop by and let you all know that Chapter 5 of Polarity, which is the largest and most complex game update I've ever had the pleasure of creating, is still actively being worked on/the game is not, in fact, abandoned. That said, I can't control what the Staff of this site decides in their moderation nor do I want to. It's their website.

Hope you all have a good holiday, and feel free to drop by the RK Studios or EG Discord if you'd like to chat or receive routine updates about the progress of both games.

Last edited:

tombeir

Oct 9, 2018
Figures it will take an eternity to release when u name ur studio as eternity games

4.30 star(s) 51 Votes