clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
i was working from memory on that, so thx for the correction.

lure is a great way to trigger fights in a row, but it doesn't change the chances of meeting a seal. i know i was at 95+ lures to get my frost seal in any case (which sucked). I also never even saw a laquas in the wild, but being able to evolve a fire/water spirit to a laquas is unique to elementalists for sure. Spiked seals might be forest biome, but i remember meeting them very often in unstables (which i why i wrote what i did).

fogginstance

Apr 11, 2019
Lure is always random, while overworld encounters are only regenerated (afaik) every in-game day. The clear fastest way to find seals is to quicksave, lure, & reload. definitely don't do every single fight if you value your sanity.

Side note: heaven biomes are floating portals exclusive AFAIK. And they're quite small, so you have to either CHEAT (quicksave, use "scout" cheat, reload) or explore nearly 100% of the map to find them. The game difficulty rule which makes all portals difficult terrain (paired with portal shaper) makes it significantly easier to find heaven seals.

Incidentally, here's a screenshot of the Laquas I found while luring in a swamp biome tile. The swamp slime & mosquitos are proof enough. Also; it's day 1. I'm bragging. Sylvie & Mya permanently lost some HP from the mosquitoes, but who cares? laquas.png

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
Okay, so main game loop is
Get a new something-morph through portals/dancing in bordello -> level cap him through battles -> breed stronger characters type/new type -> send old one to bordello, since its now a "used material" -> repeat with stronger characters.
Is there are anything outside of that loop? I know about dating part and minigames, but is that all? Because I unlock almost everything and start losing interest to the game.

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
Okay, so main game loop is
Get a new something-morph through portals/dancing in bordello -> level cap him through battles -> breed stronger characters type/new type -> send old one to bordello, since its now a "used material" -> repeat with stronger characters.
Is there are anything outside of that loop? I know about dating part and minigames, but is that all? Because I unlock almost everything and start losing interest to the game.
I'd say there's the story, but that's not the question. Yes, you've got the core loop right, although not very efficiently from your description. the real fun comes in when you've finally integrated the weirder breeding and fusing interactions to make crazy units that a) can roll over the game and/or b) do fun stuff.
One example would be MG-typed turtles with explosion skill and reconstituting trait so they don't lose stats when resurrected in combat by Narah the necromancer. Or a strong, big rock elemental able to throw enemies against one another into a paste. Or you could build yourself a fantasy team of shadow spirits for the sake of it.

Waiting for eggs to hatch and clicking +genes in the breeding room interface isn't much fun, it's what comes out of the egg that is. you gotta find your own fun in it, or maybe this type of game isn't your biggest interest.

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
I'd say there's the story, but that's not the question. Yes, you've got the core loop right, although not very efficiently from your description. the real fun comes in when you've finally integrated the weirder breeding and fusing interactions to make crazy units that a) can roll over the game and/or b) do fun stuff.
One example would be MG-typed turtles with explosion skill and reconstituting trait so they don't lose stats when resurrected in combat by Narah the necromancer. Or a strong, big rock elemental able to throw enemies against one another into a paste. Or you could build yourself a fantasy team of shadow spirits for the sake of it.

Waiting for eggs to hatch and clicking +genes in the breeding room interface isn't much fun, it's what comes out of the egg that is. you gotta find your own fun in it, or maybe this type of game isn't your biggest interest.
I waste enough of my time optimizing my factory in Factorio, so I dont want to waste more of it here. Its limited after all.
I happy with the fact that Im now able/know how to to deal with all challenges that game throw at me.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
I waste enough of my time optimizing my factory in Factorio, so I dont want to waste more of it here. Its limited after all.
I happy with the fact that Im now able/know how to to deal with all challenges that game throw at me.
lmao, that's probably why I enjoy this game so much. All I'm doing every run is optimizing something new.

You got the game play loop generally right, but you made it sound way too strict. There's actually a lot of flexibility in how you get from points A to point B. You can fight all the time, or you can completely ignore combat. You can make money through the brothel, or you can ignore it and make money in other ways. And then you can get into the tricky methods of customizing characters. When I get into the game a bit, half the fun is trying to make my perfect team.

Its a game that's meant to be played repeatedly, so there's a lot of potential variation between runs.

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
lmao, that's probably why I enjoy this game so much. All I'm doing every run is optimizing something new.

You got the game play loop generally right, but you made it sound way too strict. There's actually a lot of flexibility in how you get from points A to point B. You can fight all the time, or you can completely ignore combat. You can make money through the brothel, or you can ignore it and make money in other ways. And then you can get into the tricky methods of customizing characters. When I get into the game a bit, half the fun is trying to make my perfect team.

Its a game that's meant to be played repeatedly, so there's a lot of potential variation between runs.
Ehhhh....
Yes it possible to jack of using one hand, both hands, woman or even mattress. But the end result will be the same.
I mean, I dont have a point to play it next now, after I unlocked (almost) everything, fucked (in a good sense) everyone and get a harem that able to drown even the greatest armies in vaginal fluids.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
You're supposed to replay it over and over and improve a little each time. Maybe increase your efficiency in the various aspects of the gameplay if you're that inclined (though that's not really mandatory if you just want unlocks/to win).
If this is unappealing to you, and you find yourself bored and losing interest in the game after unlocking a few things, then I don't think anything we say at this point is going to make you want to play more.

Also, TIL. I always figured Elementalist was only good for giving you access to all spirit types from the start and to let you hoard all the element-locked unique characters. I knew about the unique evolutions but never quite pursued them... at some point the game just has so much going on that I end up mindflooding myself and doing nothing.

Keizer19

Apr 24, 2017
How can you evolve a Dragon Whelp to a full fledge dragon? what are the conditions? I already maxed the little guy

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
How can you evolve a Dragon Whelp to a full fledge dragon? what are the conditions? I already maxed the little guy
The latest version brought with it a bug that doesn't let you evolve the dragon whelp anymore. Dating Celia is also bugged and won't let you exit the date window, pretty much forcing you to close and restart the game.

Since it's been a while since release and it hasn't been fixed so far, I'd expect it to only happen whenever the next version is out.

Gutsandguts

Dec 9, 2017
Am I just shit or is this game really difficult? I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. I done the first quest for the King and now I have to train a soldier which conceptually is fine but Jesus Christ combat is hard, I even went to a peaceful portal and helped out a Centaur and we got attacked by 5 enemies, two of whom had 60hp none of my party have even half that much so obviously we got destroyed.

It feels like the game explains very little and just says "Go die lol"

Currently have 400g going down 300 a day thanks to this soldier that I have 6 more days to train...

Also the injured thing seems kinda dumb honestly. Everyone but my main character is injured now which means I can't possibly beat that quest for the King unless that doctor shows up wherever within 10 days...? That feels so needlessly punishing.

Last edited:

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
Am I just shit or is this game really difficult? I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. I done the first quest for the King and now I have to train a soldier which conceptually is fine but Jesus Christ combat is hard, I even went to a peaceful portal and helped out a Centaur and we got attacked by 5 enemies, two of whom had 60hp none of my party have even half that much so obviously we got destroyed.

Currently have 400g going down 300 a day thanks to this soldier that I have 6 more days to train...

Also the injured thing seems kinda dumb honestly. Everyone but my main character is injured now which means I can't possibly beat that quest for the King unless that doctor shows up wherever within 10 days...? That feels so needlessly punishing.
Looks like a severe downward spiral for that game and yeah, it explains little to you. There's plenty of info to get left and right by hovering your mouse over stuff, you'll get it in time.

Have you considered playing in freeplay mode to get familiar with mechanics without pressure from the King and no timed objectives/difficulty scaling? It's litteral "fuck around and find out" mode, and the only sink you'd have there are salaries and food cost (it's important to manage food, set units to farm/fish or use plant units that have photosynthesis to limit consumption).

Also, yeah, getting good at combat is central and is ultimately what wins the game.

Some events are definitely noob-trappy and you might want to pick the retreat option:
-rescue event: you get attacked, always. the stats of the unit you rescue are usually 0, only worth if you need that exact species urgently
-cave event (mountain tile) : chance for crystals/ambush by lava worms
-battlefield event (plains) : chance for basic equipment loot/ambush by enemy party
-mysterious egg event (everywhere) : chance for random egg (meh stats in my experience)/ get ambushed by dragons

Gutsandguts

Dec 9, 2017
Have you considered playing in freeplay mode to get familiar with mechanics without pressure from the King and no timed objectives/difficulty scaling?
Honestly I just feel like this isn't great game design I don't want to have to mess around for hours just to understand how to play it, the UI is so incredibly confusing and I don't get why, so many numbers and things floating around you have no hope of understanding until you've played it for ages but basic stuff like health is tiny and practically hidden unless in combat.

It has nice art but so far it just feels like a needlessly obtuse version of Strive For Power. Hopefully they can make the UI more user friendly or something.

To be fair I don't really play tile based games like this but still it's not tutorialized well, though that said the combat is weirdly the easy part, I can do that fine it's just all my characters are garbage.

stone46

Dec 2, 2016
Honestly I just feel like this isn't great game design I don't want to have to mess around for hours just to understand how to play it, the UI is so incredibly confusing and I don't get why, so many numbers and things floating around you have no hope of understanding until you've played it for ages but basic stuff like health is tiny and practically hidden unless in combat.

It has nice art but so far it just feels like a needlessly obtuse version of Strive For Power. Hopefully they can make the UI more user friendly or something.

To be fair I don't really play tile based games like this but still it's not tutorialized well, though that said the combat is weirdly the easy part, I can do that fine it's just all my characters are garbage.
Pro tip for beginners, use centaurs. Morph your main character into one or do it via the chimera form in the advanced form section (Assuming you are the evolution character.).

Centaurs by default have charge as a movement type which is basically a free attack for simply running into the enemy, effectively allowing you to attack twice in one turn. For an added bonus, use spears so that your attacks pierce and hit multiple enemies in a row.

This will pretty much let you stomp anything in the early game with ease.

Perdurabo

May 4, 2017
Be aware that if you use spears, your attacks WILL hit allies as well. So surrounding one really nasty enemy becomes a no-no.

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020

Start dancing in bordello to make money. Easiest way.
After you reach certain level of fame start recruit viewers. At first recruit only thous who have nymphomaniac trait. Send them back to the bordello to make money. Optionally fuck them once or two to increase their sex skills level. This usually takes day or two.
After you get steady income, recruit mercenary (they have good equipment and pretty high stats, comparing with other available units) in the cave and start pillage portals with other units.

After yours units reach level cap send them to the farm for breeding new units. They will have stats of currently levelcaped mother/father, but with level set to 1. Pillage portals with newly breed units until they hit a level cap and send them back to the farm for breeding.
Repeat this process enough times until you get OP units with god like stats/traits/skills. Now you can start maim kill burn, MAIM KILL BURN.
Why are you still here, if you can be in the thick of SLAUGHTER???

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Probably stupid question, but i saw that now you can make siena a futa, can anyone tell how?
I'm pretty sure that's a skill you can unlock in one of her skill trees, but I don't remember which one sorry. It gives you the ability to switch back and forth on the character sheet.

stone46

Dec 2, 2016
There's also a potion, right? IIRC the ingredients aren't too hard to assemble.
The futa potion is from Avy's quest line, get her relationship up and then go to the lake to summon
Xhana (strongest character in game) then you just need to get Avy's pet's mana up to a base of 100 via its devour skill thingy and evolve it into the portal monster. Then you open a portal to their world and unlock the recipe when you first enter it.

And lastly you need to find a bloodfruit and then take it back and give it to the plant girl in the forest area so she can grow it.

4.10 star(s) 79 Votes