tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Completed the game for the first time (After spending a good time on the free play) right now... and it was pretty hard, so I came here to see what I could do to be able to beat the game more easily. But it didn't help a lot, I don't have idea how to make all the things that were recommended here, so I have some questions!

1 - What it's the best way to get new characters with different traits? Almost every character that I found had the same traits. Just the NPCs had a different one. Every trait that I found here on the forum, I don't have idea how to get them.
Sorry for the confusion.

As someone who primarily plays Evo/Crea, this is a two part question.

To acquire traits for use, I primarily just buy characters that have the traits I'm looking for from the tavern. I very rarely try and recruit for traits through the brothel/combat because of unreliability. But over time, you should get basically all the traits you need from the tavern. After I learn the trait, I then either give the person to the library or fire them. Don't hang onto too many useless people.

There's also traits tied to unique characters. Just recruit every unique you can and you'll get them all. Only a couple are important, and only if you're really trying to min/max hard.

Once you know a bunch of traits you want to use, things become more complicated. The basic version is just using something like Evo's skill to add a single trait to a character. That's what I use with unique characters.

The far more complicated version involves fusing spirits together to create super characters. Basically, I take eight spirits with high stats, add a bunch of traits to them, and then fuse them together. Each fusing, you can add another trait. This lets you pick and choose your traits to the point where you'll end up with a single unit with 10 traits of your choice. Once you have the last two spirits that have 6+ traits on them, you combine them one at a time with the character you want to use. This lets you paste all those traits and stats onto that character.

The actual step by step explanation for this is a bit long, and I posted it like 10 pages back. If you'd like to see it, I can try and find it and repost it. Or I'll just re-write it. But I'm short on time right now.

That's the evo version, but each character has their own way for trait stacking.

2 - People keep talking about food, I just let the game buy for me... Money is never a problem when you can dance, I'm in the wrong doing that? Should I be buying food?
That's fine. I don't manually buy food either. Too much effort for minimal benefit.

The one thing I would suggest, any NPCs you have sitting doing nothing should be set to fishing. Fishing gives passive food, as well as special fish needed for XP potions. And XP potions are great. This lets NPC's earn their keep while not costing you a ton of money.

3 - What are the best races? Normally I just get the ones with best stats, skills, traits and breed/fusion them. Centaurs always have priority, I have 2 on my team.
That's a pretty subjective question. The rarer the species, the better it generally is. And elite/boss species tend to be even better still. And unique characters always throw a wrench into the mix. The one thing to look at is the species type. Match it for what you want. Use a magic type for mages, for example.

For physical combat and tanks, I also like centaurs. They're probably my favorite base species because of their higher mobility. There's also a couple unique characters and special races that I really like, but they're a bit spoilery.

For magic, I tend to pick up a kitsune and a couple of the magic focused slime characters. Mostly because they stand out and I won't accidentally get rid of them lol

4 - How do I get more characters events? There's a lot of characters in the gallery that I don't have idea how to get. I imagine that most of them are some in the city and others inside the portals. And how do I get the events of characters that I already got, I tried to have date with them and do their mission, but their events looks random.
The methods vary heavily.

Overworld events tend to be tied to in-portal events. So the exclamation points you see.
The town events tend to be either character recruitment stuff, or dating related. I don't know how to unlock all the dating ones. The character recruitment ones all have hints though.
The unique character events are largely dating events now, and I honestly don't know how to trigger them in the new system.

For these, you'd probably need to ask about specific gallery entries. There's too many with too many different ways to unlock them for me to list them all, sorry.

5 - Lust team are worth it? I couldn't make it work.
I wouldn't try and run a full lust team. Early game I tend to have one lust character to help stun people, but even that's not super useful unless you're trying to recruit from combat.

I mostly use lust characters as CC when doing very specific things, like feeding Avy's pet.

6 - Game length matters? New content will be available after the first 60 days, or it's the same content with different difficulty?
Game length affects difficulty more than content. Longer games give you more opportunities to see content, but there shouldn't be anything locked to game length.

Longer games tend to be easier because it gives you more time to scale yourself up. But also more annoying, because the insect queens quest needs to be done daily instead of all at once now.

I usually play medium.

That's it, if you have something to add, I would love some tips.
There's lots I could add, but I need to run off to a meeting lol

Last edited:

3l4z3

Nov 29, 2016
where can i check the essence list in game?
i just got a couple of essences egg mastery and cleave mastery from doing portals,but i can't see them displayed anywhere nor find any info on them.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
where can i check the essence list in game?
i just got a couple of essences egg mastery and cleave mastery from doing portals,but i can't see them displayed anywhere nor find any info on them.
Like a list of all possible essences?

This is probably you're best bet:

In game, if you want to see what essences you have, there's a counter in the top left corner of the screen, next to the date. Mouse over it to see your list.

1643211957362.png

Sep 23, 2017
Completed the game for the first time (After spending a good time on the free play) right now... and it was pretty hard, so I came here to see what I could do to be able to beat the game more easily. But it didn't help a lot, I don't have idea how to make all the things that were recommended here, so I have some questions!

1 - What it's the best ways to get new characters with different traits? Almost every character that I found had the same traits. Just the NPCs had a different one. Every trait that I found here on the forum, I don't have idea how to get them.

2 - People keep talking about food, I just let the game buy for me... Money is never a problem when you can dance, I'm in the wrong doing that? Should I be buying food?

3 - What are the best races? Normally I just get the ones with best stats, skills, traits and breed/fusion them. Centaurs always have priority, I have 2 on my team.

4 - How do I get more characters events? There's a lot of characters in the gallery that I don't have idea how to get. I imagine that most of them are some in the city and others inside the portals. And how do I get the events of characters that I already got, I tried to have date with them and do their mission, but their events looks random.

5 - Lust team are worth it? I couldn't make it work.

6 - Game length matters? New content will be available after the first 60 days, or it's the same content with different difficulty?

That's it, if you have something to add, I would love some tips.
1- There are two way to get more traits: a. Some NG+ rewards that increase the trait variety. b. Explore more portals, each portal has a theme and often a featured trait making it more common in said portal.

2- It really depends on the difficult you are playing with, you will naturally learn about more efficient ways to get more food or consume less if you look for it.

3- There are several viable races to beat the game, but there are some definitely OP, they are normally NG+ or Late game locked (e.g. boss offsprings)

4- Play the game, I found hints of most events naturally, especially while trying to beat the harder challenges. And if you are finding it hard to get some of the last events, check the wiki, no shame on that. =P

5- Some less straight forward strategies might require specific races and traits to work, I'd say a lust team is under the more challenging to put together since I never found great incentives to even try one. Just keep in mind that you will have to deal damage to defeat enemies you can't or don't want to recruit anyway, so keep a least one good damage dealer to carry the team.

6- Game length matters a lot. Shorter the campaigns are more demanding that the player start to snowball as early as possible. On the other hand you might find a longer campaign more suitable for fooling around and being creative. After you face the last main story event you can keep playing just as before, but some (if not all) challenges will not be available anymore.

Daxaza

Jan 31, 2020
Sorry for the confusion.

As someone who primarily plays Evo/Crea, this is a two part question.

To acquire traits for use, I primarily just buy characters that have the traits I'm looking for from the tavern. I very rarely try and recruit for traits through the brothel/combat because of unreliability. But over time, you should get basically all the traits you need from the tavern. After I learn the trait, I then either give the person to the library or fire them. Don't hang onto too many useless people.

There's also traits tied to unique characters. Just recruit every unique you can and you'll get them all. Only a couple are important, and only if you're really trying to min/max hard.

Once you know a bunch of traits you want to use, things become more complicated. The basic version is just using something like Evo's skill to add a single trait to a character. That's what I use with unique characters.

The far more complicated version involves fusing spirits together to create super characters. Basically, I take eight spirits with high stats, add a bunch of traits to them, and then fuse them together. Each fusing, you can add another trait. This lets you pick and choose your traits to the point where you'll end up with a single unit with 10 traits of your choice. Once you have the last two spirits that have 6+ traits on them, you combine them one at a time with the character you want to use. This lets you paste all those traits and stats onto that character.

The actual step by step explanation for this is a bit long, and I posted it like 10 pages back. If you'd like to see it, I can try and find it and repost it. Or I'll just re-write it. But I'm short on time right now.

That's the evo version, but each character has their own way for trait stacking.

That's fine. I don't manually buy food either. Too much effort for minimal benefit.

The one thing I would suggest, any NPCs you have sitting doing nothing should be set to fishing. Fishing gives passive food, as well as special fish needed for XP potions. And XP potions are great. This lets NPC's earn their keep while not costing you a ton of money.

That's a pretty subjective question. The rarer the species, the better it generally is. And elite/boss species tend to be even better still. And unique characters always throw a wrench into the mix. The one thing to look at is the species type. Match it for what you want. Use a magic type for mages, for example.

For physical combat and tanks, I also like centaurs. They're probably my favorite base species because of their higher mobility. There's also a couple unique characters and special races that I really like, but they're a bit spoilery.

For magic, I tend to pick up a kitsune and a couple of the magic focused slime characters. Mostly because they stand out and I won't accidentally get rid of them lol

The methods vary heavily.

Overworld events tend to be tied to in-portal events. So the exclamation points you see.
The town events tend to be either character recruitment stuff, or dating related. I don't know how to unlock all the dating ones. The character recruitment ones all have hints though.
The unique character events are largely dating events now, and I honestly don't know how to trigger them in the new system.

For these, you'd probably need to ask about specific gallery entries. There's too many with too many different ways to unlock them for me to list them all, sorry.

I wouldn't try and run a full lust team. Early game I tend to have one lust character to help stun people, but even that's not super useful unless you're trying to recruit from combat.

I mostly use lust characters as CC when doing very specific things, like feeding Avy's pet.

Game length affects difficulty more than content. Longer games give you more opportunities to see content, but there shouldn't be anything locked to game length.

Longer games tend to be easier because it gives you more time to scale yourself up. But also more annoying, because the insect queens quest needs to be done daily instead of all at once now.

I usually play medium.

There's lots I could add, but I need to run off to a meeting lol
Short on time and still helped a lot. With the questions answered now I can go spend more countless hours in the game.
Just 2 questions, first, "elite/boss species" elites are the spirits that you can summon right? I created all of them to see which one is better, all of them was pretty bad compared with the other characters... The one that I didn't create was the one that you need lvl 10, I didn't create him because the only way that I knew how to get max level up, was with the king potion.
And I didn't even think in recruiting bosses, I just recruited one character the whole game.

Second question, Insect queen quest, her quest is important? After spending some time with her soldier I've got a question for her, but I didn't tried to complete because I was near the end.

1- There are two way to get more traits: a. Some NG+ rewards that increase the trait variety. b. Explore more portals, each portal has a theme and often a featured trait making it more common in said portal.

2- It really depends on the difficult you are playing with, you will naturally learn about more efficient ways to get more food or consume less if you look for it.

3- There are several viable races to beat the game, but there are some definitely OP, they are normally NG+ or Late game locked (e.g. boss offsprings)

4- Play the game, I found hints of most events naturally, especially while trying to beat the harder challenges. And if you are finding it hard to get some of the last events, check the wiki, no shame on that. =P

5- Some less straight forward strategies might require specific races and traits to work, I'd say a lust team is under the more challenging to put together since I never found great incentives to even try one. Just keep in mind that you will have to deal damage to defeat enemies you can't or don't want to recruit anyway, so keep a least one good damage dealer to carry the team.

6- Game length matters a lot. Shorter the campaigns are more demanding that the player start to snowball as early as possible. On the other hand you might find a longer campaign more suitable for fooling around and being creative. After you face the last main story event you can keep playing just as before, but some (if not all) challenges will not be available anymore.
Thanks, the wiki is huge, I didn't expect that, I will try to get some things on my own, but having that wiki will help a lot.

Last edited:

Perdurabo

May 4, 2017
To increase max level on spirits, reshape them when they reach cap. This works up to level 20, unless you're on freeplay where there's a forced lower cap.

Given that you can't reshape evolved spirits, it's best to get them to max level 20 /then/ turn them into other things.

Reactions: Daxaza

jiggu

Jul 18, 2019
Is it possible to make the loadscreens stay? As in like a "Press any key to continue" style? The artwork flashes by so fast I just get a teasing glimpse.

Daron430

May 6, 2019
Is it possible to make the loadscreens stay? As in like a "Press any key to continue" style? The artwork flashes by so fast I just get a teasing glimpse.
You can see the loading screens in the gallery > scenes > other > LoadingScreens.

jiggu

Jul 18, 2019
You can see the loading screens in the gallery > scenes > other > LoadingScreens.
Oh, thank you. I didn't notice that you could scroll vertically once you had selected an image.
With that said, I only see 10 pictures under the "LoadingScreens" but there are way more actual loadscreens when I go portalling. Can I unlock these or are they just not in the gallery?

Daron430

May 6, 2019
Oh, thank you. I didn't notice that you could scroll vertically once you had selected an image.
With that said, I only see 10 pictures under the "LoadingScreens" but there are way more actual loadscreens when I go portalling. Can I unlock these or are they just not in the gallery?
I think there are some normal gallery pictures there as well. For example, I see a few from Town-Events > Avy/Avy2.

Just look through all your unlocked gallery stuff. Im sure you will find enough material ;) (and might be busy for a while^^).

Reactions: jiggu

Kalyadranoc

Nov 15, 2017
Can someone tell me how to get the assassin and the caretaker overworld scenes? i have all of them but those two, also working toward the true ending right now, farming light crystals for the max lvl pots in the wasteland portal, them bugs are a pain, thank the gods i took radiation immunity on my Evo so i can give it to dem good chars like Avy, Phy and Xhana

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Hitting a bit of a brick wall when it comes to those "kill X boss before day 30 achievements". Admittedly I shouldn't be achievement hunting during the challenge level climb, but I honestly just like to multitask.

I understand there's probably no specific species that excels at boss killing for the most part (excluding maybe assassins...), and that genetics and equipment (even essences to some extent) are all important but what characters would y'all recommend I use?
Yesterday I tried to whack the liferoot using only unique characters like Phy and Xhana (with druid main), because I was still in the process of breed/fusing my max gene level assassin/guardian, and it was absolute chaos. I did get it in the end, but that could have gone infinitely better.

I know I also keep bringing this up, but the druid still feels subpar. The new stances definitely help, but taking into consideration the fact he can't, to my knowledge, increase his own genetics, or grant traits to other characters, I honestly see no reason why anyone would pick him over the other two.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Hitting a bit of a brick wall when it comes to those "kill X boss before day 30 achievements". Admittedly I shouldn't be achievement hunting during the challenge level climb, but I honestly just like to multitask.

I understand there's probably no specific species that excels at boss killing for the most part (excluding maybe assassins...), and that genetics and equipment (even essences to some extent) are all important but what characters would y'all recommend I use?
Yesterday I tried to whack the liferoot using only unique characters like Phy and Xhana (with druid main), because I was still in the process of breed/fusing my max gene level assassin/guardian, and it was absolute chaos. I did get it in the end, but that could have gone infinitely better.

I know I also keep bringing this up, but the druid still feels subpar. The new stances definitely help, but taking into consideration the fact he can't, to my knowledge, increase his own genetics, or grant traits to other characters, I honestly see no reason why anyone would pick him over the other two.

The boss achievement kind of depends on luck based on what you've got.

Like, if you get a bunch of lightning damage, you can basically one turn the kraken boss. If you have the ability to freeze, any boss without adds becomes easy. If you play on short game time you'll get world events faster, so you can unlock Avy's friend who I used for boss killing.

Also, killing bosses in the starter stable world is way easier than finding/killing wild bosses. Get yourself some boss bait and spawn them in the start world for easier kills.

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
the "kill X in 30 days" can be done in new game+, so that's quite a bit easier once you know. It's definitely doable in a first run though.
As said above, bosses scale with portal hostility as well so keep that in mind and go spam some boss bait in newbie portals.

the bosses with retreat on turn end are always a pain if you can't kill them in the first turn, but it also makes them vulnerable to terrain manipulation cheese (make them teleport to lava, keep far away, watch as the boss burns down helplessly).

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
the "kill X in 30 days" can be done in new game+, so that's quite a bit easier once you know.
Well... fuck.

I guess I'll clear all those out on my current unlockables file in like 5m...

edit: that was like 12 unlocks in 10m. damn that was easier than trying to beat them for real lol

Last edited:

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Huh, I had considered the ng+ option, but wasn't sure if it would work because it seems like an oversight from the dev rather than an intended feature... I'd still prefer to do things the old fashioned way, but if I get desperate or frustrated enough, I may well have to resort to doing that.

It is the teleporting boss(es) giving me the most issues. I can deal with the lavafish and the kraken easily enough but when it comes to the liferoot and the kitsune, they're a pain in the neck to kill within the first 30 days of a run. I always tend to do very long runs because I like to take my time fiddling with breeding/fusing and regular achievement hunting, although that also means Xhana won't be available for a good chunk of that time.

Sometimes I wish we could pick two different professions at the start, balance be damned. The items from soul reaper are interesting (if a little annoying to get), but I've been having too much fun with machinist to change for now. I can almost say that, other than certain endings and boss fights, picking a single profession may well be the hardest part of the game right now.

4.10 star(s) 79 Votes