BackwardsBird

Dec 8, 2020
Where do you go to find wild Shadow Spirits? They're the only element that's eluded me. I guess I could always go find Hildy but I've seriously never seen a wild Shadow Spirit somehow.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
And yeah, I absolutely cannot keep up with Crea's corruption either at this point. I generally try and keep as few portals open as possible, and I run all the portal spawn rate reduction settings, yet her corruption still increases faster than hives are spawning.

My only guess is that its not actually calculating her corruption based on the hives spawned. It must be either increasing by a fixed amount per day, and so my portal reduction isn't helping. Or its counting hives that would spawn in stable portals, even though they're not actually being added. But yeah, I can't keep up at all.
I could be wrong but I vaguely remember her corruption increasing by a fixed 3 every day (I kept track for hive-hunting purposes). Popping a hive would lower it by 1 per, which, considering how long it takes to not only find one hive but then run it down and back to the exit afterwards (if you don't have an adequate quick travel setup), meant I could never quite catch up with it before giving up.
On some days, mostly around the mid/late game, there were no new hives altogether that I could find by checking each and every portal daily, yet her corruption increased regardless. This was before the most recent updates.

Oh and a bug to mention - creators hives for some reason generate food similar to farms if collected, and leave out farm tiles when destroyed, which is strange, and that's on top of fact that a hive without a slime encounter can generate a random battle without the slime characters, meaning you fight non-slimes to destroy a slime hive...
That's a bug huh. I actually though the farmland thing was intended for some reason. Something like you just beat the corruption from that area and now there's new fertile ground appearing, it made sense in my head (nevermind the fact I was in a cave world at the time ...). Have yet to find non-slime enemies during a hive fight though.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
I could be wrong but I vaguely remember her corruption increasing by a fixed 3 every day (I kept track for hive-hunting purposes). Popping a hive would lower it by 1 per, which, considering how long it takes to not only find one hive but then run it down and back to the exit afterwards (if you don't have an adequate quick travel setup), meant I could never quite catch up with it before giving up.
On some days, mostly around the mid/late game, there were no new hives altogether that I could find by checking each and every portal daily, yet her corruption increased regardless. This was before the most recent updates.
That'd make sense too. Although I don't really like it. On one hand, that means she doesn't go up as fast as if it was per hive if its only 3 per day. On the other, it really ruins my whole "just have less portals" strategy lol

Ipper

May 20, 2018
Any tips for the "Extreme" achievement, I tried to do it with a "Mantis" team but it didn't work out so well.

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
Any tips for the "Extreme" achievement, I tried to do it with a "Mantis" team but it didn't work out so well.
What degree of power did you achieve with your team? one-shotting everything on 600% difficulty is not hard with such high STR scaling units normally. 10 STR gene, heavy+wild trait (+70% STR is obscene, equipment becomes irrelevant) and lvl 20 is overkill already, as with their slice skill you can hit for 150-200+ easily.

Main problem would be stone units (because of your damage type? but even then you hit so fkin hard) and maybe druid's seedling dragon (if you play crea or evo) because it's got good hp.

If that's the case my tip is: if you can't beat'em, join'em. Pick tankier units than mantises. You don't need their highest STR scaling (by what, 0.1 or 0.2 point?) if the second best has +1.0 hp scaling factor, right? Nothing like a couple of 400+hp centaurs or lizards with 90str to clean up with eyes closed.

Keep an eye on the level up types as well, mantises are dex: high str, high spd, shit hp. Look for units that are STR type who will have much more hp and even more str, or even ENDURANCE types with insane hp scaling and good STR.

And of course, if you can get a powerful lust unit with mass seduction, that one unit can paralyze over half the enemy team turn 1 in a majority of cases so you can pick them off over two turns with much less risk to your low-hp strikers.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Is that one the 600% difficulty achievement?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: I gotta say, I really appreciate how many ways this game has to break everything, and how different everyone's strategy is different lol

cantabrum

Oct 20, 2021

Edit: I gotta say, I really appreciate how many ways this game has to break everything, and how different everyone's strategy is different lol
do you think its worth attacking the king if you can win ?

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
do you think its worth attacking the king if you can win ?
Sure. But I only really attack him so that I can ignore the kings quests. But as long as you're keeping an eye on it, they're not hard to do. Doubly so if you keep your rep up so you can reroll the bad ones, or extend the time as needed.

Once you're at the point where you're just murdering everything, you might as well.

cantabrum

Oct 20, 2021
Sure. But I only really attack him so that I can ignore the kings quests. But as long as you're keeping an eye on it, they're not hard to do. Doubly so if you keep your rep up so you can reroll the bad ones, or extend the time as needed.

Once you're at the point where you're just murdering everything, you might as well.
ah okay thanks. Was mostly wondering since i dont play for very long only got my very first win, because i got lucky whit narah stealing seedling dragons from prince wich basically carried me for rest of maps whit corruption

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
ah okay thanks. Was mostly wondering since i dont play for very long only got my very first win, because i got lucky whit narah stealing seedling dragons from prince wich basically carried me for rest of maps whit corruption
If you're not playing with limited saves enabled, give him a try and see how hard he is. He's harder than to beat than most of the world bosses, but I think he's easier to beat than the fights at the end of the game (assuming you're not cheesing them for zero rival power)

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
Depending on the option you choose after beating the king, you can keep the quests to keep getting mithril, or forsake them completely.
you can do a little cheese with the relation loss due to fighting him too, hire soldiers from him before the fight (elites if you can), fight him, send him his soldiers back leveled up. if planned for, you can actually go back from the -100 relation to positive values without too much trouble x)

Altruant

Feb 20, 2021
At 600% difficulty, I just play with Prince because I'm comfortable with Prince. I take biologist and just mass fuse a perfect dragon and a bunch of near perfect Seedlings monster. Near day 30 I buy a few mana potion and health potion but mostly mana so I can dose the prince and make him heal and buff the Seedlings constantly. And it just works

Ipper

May 20, 2018

Thank you for your advice.
I don't have the CR10, I haven't got it yet.
The Angel Potential thing, I have never tried it I always thought it would be limited by something.
Well the portals with the passives in general I haven't really touched it, the last time I played was in version 0.14 or 0.15 and I wasn't very interested in getting the achievements and breaking the game. I didn't even know how to get the true endings.
Apparently I was cutting a very good part of the game xD

My attempts consisted of Evo/Farmer with the Trait that boosts the characters with "Loyal" and a Team Mantis with some interesting Trait from the tavern.

Last edited:

Ipper

May 20, 2018
What degree of power did you achieve with your team? one-shotting everything on 600% difficulty is not hard with such high STR scaling units normally. 10 STR gene, heavy+wild trait (+70% STR is obscene, equipment becomes irrelevant) and lvl 20 is overkill already, as with their slice skill you can hit for 150-200+ easily.

Main problem would be stone units (because of your damage type? but even then you hit so fkin hard) and maybe druid's seedling dragon (if you play crea or evo) because it's got good hp.

If that's the case my tip is: if you can't beat'em, join'em. Pick tankier units than mantises. You don't need their highest STR scaling (by what, 0.1 or 0.2 point?) if the second best has +1.0 hp scaling factor, right? Nothing like a couple of 400+hp centaurs or lizards with 90str to clean up with eyes closed.

Keep an eye on the level up types as well, mantises are dex: high str, high spd, shit hp. Look for units that are STR type who will have much more hp and even more str, or even ENDURANCE types with insane hp scaling and good STR.

And of course, if you can get a powerful lust unit with mass seduction, that one unit can paralyze over half the enemy team turn 1 in a majority of cases so you can pick them off over two turns with much less risk to your low-hp strikers.
I don't know how much power they had but in my attempts I sometimes entered in unstable portals or in the arena to raise their level a little bit and came out without Team, I tried it especially at the beginning of the game xD

I also only play in VeryShort and almost always left the game after the team was deleted.

Last edited:

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Huh, that's actually a good point. I tried to think about other (story relevant) males in the game other than the druid, whoever his teacher is/was, the king and that one guy from that other ending and that's all that comes to mind. I'm certainly not complaining, but I wonder if that's a personal choice, the nature of his art, or if it sort of just happened.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
I have seen the entity known as Aila described as both "he" and "she" across multiple scenes, as well as in the wiki, so I don't know what to think about him/her. I'd ask for dev clarification but I don't believe he's ever been here.

4.10 star(s) 79 Votes