ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
She's a forest stalker huh. I mean, I should've figured that much from the weaponized spear-tail, but some of these unique/hybrid npcs look so different from their average counterparts that it's hard to tell their species at first glance (or I'm just an unobservant buffoon, it would hardly be the first time). I always figured the forest stalker transformation/summon was something that we just happened to randomly unlock, never really made the connection to that one npc.

The game just keeps on giving, learn something new every day, lol.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
She's a forest stalker huh. I mean, I should've figured that much from the weaponized spear-tail, but some of these unique/hybrid npcs look so different from their average counterparts that it's hard to tell their species at first glance (or I'm just an unobservant buffoon, it would hardly be the first time). I always figured the forest stalker transformation/summon was something that we just happened to randomly unlock, never really made the connection to that one npc.

The game just keeps on giving, learn something new every day, lol.
Yup, she's a forest stalker. If you're playing evo or crea, forest stalkers are a damn good early game unit. I recommend picking up that species early when possible.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Just replayed the scene after restarting the game several times (couldn't make up my mind about which traits I wanted to go with) and right at the start, it literally says "you find a forest stalker (...)" so I wasn't wrong about me being unobservant, sigh.

On an unrelated note, when does it become possible to complete the optional ending all the way through? On the very first run of this new save file, I had the whole setup ready to take on the final fight, only to find it wasn't even an option. I did all the AN_3 related stuff, had her copy the correct genes, brought her along and got the standard revolution ending instead. Last time I only started trying (or found out about it really) way late into the previous save file, so I had already unlocked most things. Is there some sort of requirement, like completing a normal run with all 3 MCs first or something?

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Just replayed the scene after restarting the game several times (couldn't make up my mind about which traits I wanted to go with) and right at the start, it literally says "you find a forest stalker (...)" so I wasn't wrong about me being unobservant, sigh.
lmao

Yeah, I'm going to be honest, I only knew about it because I always use it for cheese. But even then, I didn't know it actually said that lol

I probably read it a year ago and forgot about it.

On an unrelated note, when does it become possible to complete the optional ending all the way through? On the very first run of this new save file, I had the whole setup ready to take on the final fight, only to find it wasn't even an option. I did all the AN_3 related stuff, had her copy the correct genes, brought her along and got the standard revolution ending instead. Last time I only started trying (or found out about it really) way late into the previous save file, so I had already unlocked most things. Is there some sort of requirement, like completing a normal run with all 3 MCs first or something?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
Had a random thought and I figure I might as well ask in case someone already tested it:
In a Prince playthrough, if you manage to keep Creation's corruption low by exterminating hives and also make sure Evolution has more power than Creation going into the final dungeon, would that lead to NPC Evolution being able to purify Creation and have Siena on her side for the final battle?

BackwardsBird

Dec 8, 2020
I noticed the wiki didn't have info for the WormCaller, presumably because the thing takes forever to spawn, so if anyone who works on the wiki happens to hang out here, here's the gallery page:

BackwardsBird

Dec 8, 2020
Just in case anyone else tries it, I brought Xhana with me to do Avy's quest, since you know, they're both Guardian Hybrids. Was kinda hoping she would also get boosted if you beat the guardians with the handicap of having both her and Avy on your team. Did not work.

fogginstance

Apr 11, 2019
I noticed the wiki didn't have info for the WormCaller, presumably because the thing takes forever to spawn, so if anyone who works on the wiki happens to hang out here, here's the gallery page:
The "glimpse" cheat unlocks the whole gallery for 1 in-game day without breaking achievements.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Just in case anyone else tries it, I brought Xhana with me to do Avy's quest, since you know, they're both Guardian Hybrids. Was kinda hoping she would also get boosted if you beat the guardians with the handicap of having both her and Avy on your team. Did not work.
That somewhat makes sense but doesn't at the same time... I mean, it is Avy's quest, but Xhana is allegedly from the same world and would probably be subjected to the same issues, so you'd figure it affects her too and she would get something out of it. I don't know. Although, by the time I get around to doing that I end up bringing Xhana anyway. At that point she's already so disgustingly OP she becomes a permanent member of my team(s).

In a Prince playthrough, if you manage to keep Creation's corruption low by exterminating hives and also make sure Evolution has more power than Creation going into the final dungeon, would that lead to NPC Evolution being able to purify Creation and have Siena on her side for the final battle?
I honestly have no clue. The only other NPCs I've seen joining the enemy side were Pyrea and AN_3 if you take too long to recruit them. I think the canon story is that, as the druid, you end up fighting whoever wins the battle between crea and evo, which, I believe, is determined by their power level at the time. I'm not sure if corruption is taken into account, nor if Siena can be recruited by evo after getting dunked on.

-spoiler snip-
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

BackwardsBird

Dec 8, 2020
The "glimpse" cheat unlocks the whole gallery for 1 in-game day without breaking achievements.
I honestly forgot this was an option. :ROFLMAO:

That somewhat makes sense but doesn't at the same time... I mean, it is Avy's quest, but Xhana is allegedly from the same world and would probably be subjected to the same issues, so you'd figure it affects her too and she would get something out of it. I don't know. Although, by the time I get around to doing that I end up bringing Xhana anyway. At that point she's already so disgustingly OP she becomes a permanent member of my team(s).
Yeah, that was my exact thought. Especially since as far as I know you need to recruit Xhana for Avy to even mention that her Familiar can open a portal to her homeworld.

Also, I know it's because Xhana theoretically has infinite scaling but how OP does she wind up being for you when you've put in the work? My Uniques besides Avy just can't really compete with some of my other fusion creations. Even then, I mostly use Avy for sentimental reasons rather than because she's the strongest.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Also, I know it's because Xhana theoretically has infinite scaling but how OP does she wind up being for you when you've put in the work? My Uniques besides Avy just can't really compete with some of my other fusion creations. Even then, I mostly use Avy for sentimental reasons rather than because she's the strongest.
I don't usually work too much on her, but by the time a very long game ends, she'll be one shotting/devouring just about everything other than a few specific bosses. Damages can range anywhere from 200 to 400 depending on a multitude of factors, like terrain, element type, etc. Others here who've probably committed more time to it can give you bigger numbers, it really depends on how much time you want to invest in her. The one thing I don't like is her very poor hp growth, but there are (limited) ways around that.

Uniques are good enough if you're doing short, maybe medium games. Morta, Phy and AN_3 specifically can usually carry you for a while, while you fuse/breed better characters that suit your playstyle. The problem is that they tend to fall off quick in longer games because both portal difficulty and your rivals' power will just continue to increase until the very end, while the uniques are limited by their (usually) lower level and generally bad genes. So, in the end, characters you create yourself will often be better than the uniques, sadly.
One of the things I believe the game lacks is the ability for us to give them better genes via the usual means while retaining their uniqueness. It would really allow the uniques to become viable options for longer games.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
In my last play through, I had Xhana eat all of the bosses for the true ending.

She gets pretty OP.

The uniques very in how good they get. The one you get by using the thing at the place, you know what I mean, is my favorite. Her portal skill is just too fucking good.

AN_3 is hit or miss. Avy is usually good. Pyrea is good early on, but falls off fast. I like exhibitionist content, so I'll always like her lol

I'll also use all the town NPCs early, just to have something day one. Lisa is pretty good. IDK, mostly I use them for filler before I've got OP characters.

fogginstance

Apr 11, 2019
I honestly forgot this was an option. :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, that was my exact thought. Especially since as far as I know you need to recruit Xhana for Avy to even mention that her Familiar can open a portal to her homeworld.

IIRC Xhana's skill is inheritable, so you can breed it onto anything in conjunction with her trait.

Norse4353

Jun 7, 2021
I created the page for the Architect and the Forest Queen, I didn't create one for the Worm Caller bc I'm too lazy to censor her image.

BackwardsBird

Dec 8, 2020
I don't usually work too much on her, but by the time a very long game ends, she'll be one shotting/devouring just about everything other than a few specific bosses. Damages can range anywhere from 200 to 400 depending on a multitude of factors, like terrain, element type, etc. Others here who've probably committed more time to it can give you bigger numbers, it really depends on how much time you want to invest in her. The one thing I don't like is her very poor hp growth, but there are (limited) ways around that.

One of the things I believe the game lacks is the ability for us to give them better genes via the usual means while retaining their uniqueness. It would really allow the uniques to become viable options for longer games.
That is pretty good. On par with my Elites, even. Maybe I'll spam training battles or something and get her up fast.

On the topic of Uniques scaling into late game I actually used a Gene Adapter at the farm while Avy and Xhana made crystals with some of my maxed gene breeders. Now they're both sitting at roughly 8-9 in most stats. I THINK it worked because my Avy right now is Level 38 but she's getting pretty close to the Avy in my last playthrough who ended at level 56. Then again I actually planned out SoulDrain this time, so maybe not.

In my last play through, I had Xhana eat all of the bosses for the true ending.

She gets pretty OP.
Well, that's two people telling me she gets pretty op. I should mess around with her and see for myself, I guess.

IIRC Xhana's skill is inheritable, so you can breed it onto anything in conjunction with her trait.
It is unfortunately not. Her trait can be transferred, yes, but the actual Soul Devour isn't. The only thing I could think of doing with her trait was using it on Mana/Glow Worms since they can permanently suck base mana but they're just really underwhelming.

Edit: Though there is an Essence that lets all skills be inheritable. I got it last time but haven't had such luck this playthrough yet.

I created the page for the Architect and the Forest Queen, I didn't create one for the Worm Caller bc I'm too lazy to censor her image.
That's fair, honestly. Thank you and everyone else who works on the wiki. Been a huge help.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Her conversation skill can be put on other character, but I don't believe her consume skill can be. And you kind of need that one to make the other worth while.

I tried for a long time to figure out a way to give an assassin her skills.

fogginstance

Apr 11, 2019
My bad, I was thinking of Avy's familiar, whose ConsumeMana is inheritable (as opposed to Xhana's Soul Devour). So you can combine ConsumeMana+Focusing on any non-unique unit.

1649624936505.png 1649624948061.png

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Are you even able to breed anything with Avy's familiar? It's not a humanoid NPC, so it might be hard to actually pass that down to anything.
If I don't misunderstand the trait entirely, someone with the Catalyst trait could, in theory, be fused with it and then bred normally to pass on the skill to more characters. I've never actually tried doing this so I'm just speculating. One of the immediate drawbacks of doing this that I can think of right now is that Avy's quest would become unavailable as a result. I think the little critter is pretty much unique until when/if you access Avy's world. I don't think it retains the consume mana skill after it evolves either.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
If I don't misunderstand the trait entirely, someone with the Catalyst trait could, in theory, be fused with it and then bred normally to pass on the skill to more characters. I've never actually tried doing this so I'm just speculating. One of the immediate drawbacks of doing this that I can think of right now is that Avy's quest would become unavailable as a result. I think the little critter is pretty much unique until when/if you access Avy's world. I don't think it retains the consume mana skill after it evolves either.
Oh yeah, that actually could work. Shit...

Well, I guess I'm doing another play through lol

I wonder if I could do an entire run where all I did is eat my enemies. My crazy ass assassin team from my last stupid run through would be even more stupid if I gave them the ability to eat people.

4.10 star(s) 79 Votes