fogginstance

Apr 11, 2019
If I don't misunderstand the trait entirely, someone with the Catalyst trait could, in theory, be fused with it and then bred normally to pass on the skill to more characters. I've never actually tried doing this so I'm just speculating. One of the immediate drawbacks of doing this that I can think of right now is that Avy's quest would become unavailable as a result. I think the little critter is pretty much unique until when/if you access Avy's world. I don't think it retains the consume mana skill after it evolves either.
I'm pretty sure you can just breed Avy's Familiar's with a spirit or whatever (with catalyst), get a 2nd familiar with the skill, then fuse THAT nightcrawler onto a regular human unit without ever touching Familiar. For what it's worth, you can fuse Avy's Familiar and not break her quest as long as he retains the nightcrawler species. Very helpful to speed up the 100 mana grind when he's got perfect genes & some useful traits.

Even simpler; a swamp slime could copy the skill, then fuse/breed from there.

Oh yeah, that actually could work. Shit...

Well, I guess I'm doing another play through lol

I wonder if I could do an entire run where all I did is eat my enemies. My crazy ass assassin team from my last stupid run through would be even more stupid if I gave them the ability to eat people.
Choicecaster is a goddamn godsend (which makes sense given it's one of the most rare traits). If only one skill (such as ConsumeMana) is on cooldown at the end of the turn, ChoiceCaster reduces its cooldown by an extra 1. Elsewise, Portal & LongJump are extremely effective AP-less ways to maneuver ConsumeMana users. Terranva/PortalShaper start is the easiest way to get the former, & Fire Spirit->Lava Frog is the easiest way to get the latter onto anything.

Fair warning that ConsumeMana is calculated off the user's Strength, not magic. Manabound, a fairly common trait, reduces strength growth by 100%.

BackwardsBird

Dec 8, 2020
I'm pretty sure you can just breed Avy's Familiar's with a spirit or whatever (with catalyst), get a 2nd familiar with the skill, then fuse THAT nightcrawler onto a regular human unit without ever touching Familiar. For what it's worth, you can fuse Avy's Familiar and not break her quest as long as he retains the nightcrawler species. Very helpful to speed up the 100 mana grind when he's got perfect genes & some useful traits.

Even simpler; a swamp slime could copy the skill, then fuse/breed from there.
Unfortunately you can't breed creatures with any creatures besides their own species, even with catalyst, so the only way to get another Nightcrawler prior to opening the Portal is if you're playing Creation, which is an interesting upside to playing as her. You could theoretically have infinitely-scaling units if they had Consume and the Focusing trait. On top of actually having good genes.

I might need to do another Creation run. Damn.

Also, Swamp Slimes unfortunately do not work that way. They can only copy skills from the MC which are Inheritable and I can't think of a way for Evolution to get Consume or SoulDevour.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
While we're on creation (or in creation, if you prefer, I don't judge), y'all mind if I ask for tips for playing her? I don't mind spoilers either. Every time I try, she just feels so underwhelming compared to the others, to the point where I am now sure I'm doing it wrong.
I get that she's the exact opposite of evolution, in the sense that whatever skills, stats or perks she earns via her skills trees are not actually for herself but for whatever critter(s) she spawn. She can also create slime, spawn tentacles (are they even useful or just cannon fodder?) but is that it? Does she get stronger down the road, like... can she eventually spawn anything with maxed out genes somehow?
Honestly, the only upside I've seen so far to playing her is that I don't have to hunt down hives every single day to keep her corruption down.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
While we're on creation (or in creation, if you prefer, I don't judge), y'all mind if I ask for tips for playing her? I don't mind spoilers either. Every time I try, she just feels so underwhelming compared to the others, to the point where I am now sure I'm doing it wrong.
I get that she's the exact opposite of evolution, in the sense that whatever skills, stats or perks she earns via her skills trees are not actually for herself but for whatever critter(s) she spawn. She can also create slime, spawn tentacles (are they even useful or just cannon fodder?) but is that it? Does she get stronger down the road, like... can she eventually spawn anything with maxed out genes somehow?
Honestly, the only upside I've seen so far to playing her is that I don't have to hunt down hives every single day to keep her corruption down.
I personally think of her more as a just more convenient way of filling out the gallery and testing out certain team comps.

She can eventually spawn anything (that you have already unlocked in a ritual) with perfect genes and max level 20, which is very useful for tavern and king quests. She has access to seedlings (late in the plant skill tree) and you can easily make your entire team of creations have the "soulfragment" trait (in the shadowghost skill tree), as well as a great number of passives that could be difficult or impossible to get in a single character otherwise.

With that said, it is not like you can't create your "dream team" with the other playable character, it just takes more work to do it on a whim, so I think it is nice to have a lategame Creation save just to be able to test stuff.

The big drawback of Creation in my opinion is that it takes a lot of investment and planning to make her personal unit and general early game not suck big time. Basically her unit will power up based on your genetics, while the other protagonists really don't care about that, so she already has to dump a lot of mc points on those that the others don't have to. Also a dirty little thing is that her starting LvType is "support", which is absolutely terrible for stat growths, you pretty much NEED to change that in the Tanid skill tree ASAP (preferably to endurance imo), which makes the "Prepared" trait pretty appealing on her but then it is another cost to her MC points she needs to deal with.

The one thing I can say that she definitely has over Evolution, is that she has a MUCH easier time getting all the skill points she needs to fill out her skill trees, the fact she can create tanid hybrids instantly helps speed up her early points by a lot (also interesting that corrupting a character into a tanid hybrid turns their CURRENT level into their GENETIC level, it lets you get some high genetic level breeders pretty early on). Also aside from rituals, she can gain skillpoints by putting down hives on the worldmap instead of destroying them, which is way easier.

Edit: Oh yeah I haven't played around with it much, but I think her buffs and her genetic boosts through dating corruption (better corruption in the Tanid skill tree) can help make some unique characters more viable even for lategame stuff, although it takes some work and foresight to fully make use of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: ankhtar

BackwardsBird

Dec 8, 2020
My first two games were with Creation. The first game I lost, partly because I had no idea what I was doing, but also partly because Creation can't carry the game by herself unlike Evolution can. The second was a walk in the park.

As Manscout already mentioned, the biggest appeal of Creation is that she can make strong, tailored teams very quickly. Or at least I used to think so. The thing is I'm on an Evolution Elementalist playthrough right now and... Evolution actually has a very easy time making units with the genes and traits she wants, if you take advantage of a few things:

1.) Evolution has insane base magic when in Magic/God Form, which very quickly boosts the genes on spirits you summon. I once summoned 4 rock spirits and then fused them all together and wound up with a rock spirit at a perfect 10.
2.) Spirits can be adapted every time they evolve. So your spirits as Elementalist that start with 3 traits can actually have 6 traits by the time they finish evolving, making them excellent fusion fodder. In contrast, Creation can only ever adapt once.

That means the only real advantage Creation has over Evolution in this department is (fittingly for her theme) control of what species your army is going to be. The special Slimes are stronger than most normal units you can get, with some being on part with Spirit Elites, but the thing is... since you're limited to a party of five units anyway, you could just use actual Spirit Elites. You could even use Seedling Nymph.

The real issue for me is how limited the actual Creation power is. 60 minutes and a lot of stamina to spawn a unit that, yes, might be max genes, and will have its passives and skills tailored perfectly, but stuck with only one trait. Then, any Fusion to remedy that will result in a unit that no longer has the tailored passives and skills that were the only benefit of Creation in the first place.

Overall, it just feels like Creation is a "for fun" pick rather than a competitive one since you can basically run around with armies of robots, oracles, and humans long before you should have access to them. It's kind of sad because she's supposed to be Evolution's rival, but it really doesn't feel like it. You're basically just a regular person who's in waaaay over her head.

I mean if the AI Evolution wasn't so basic and this was an actual battle between gods vying for the fate of the world, it feels like Creation would never stand a chance. Then again, that can be fun in its own way: You're basically just some mage girl sponsored by a god fighting someone who can actually turn into a god. Would be nicer if Evolution was the jackass god, but she isn't, so oh well.

I'll try another Creation playthrough using the trick with Avy's Familiar and Xhana's trait after this one. Maybe it'll change my mind.

Oh, and as Creation I would personally always do Partner and pick Aila. She just solves so much of the early game struggle by herself. Very worth the 5 points.

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
Creation is the perfect "fuck around and find out" character in my opinion, since she has access to units you can never control otherwise with her "gene unlock" skill. You can make an army of plants, of mushroom boss' summons or of whatever you can think of pretty much (outside of the unique/boss limitaion as usual). This is the cheese pick.

Siena's also very helpful to complete your gallery, but to grow into power she works best with scientist/fusion focus in order to accumulate traits.
Since you can't fuse two created units together (but you can adapt created units with the right upgrade), you still need 1 regular units to start a fusion chain (and maybe catalyst, depends on what you're trying to do), but with the flat bonus to the number of traits you can choose from that profession/focus/essence you can still create a complete monster by simply regenerating your energy.
Siena's very good at going for a particular build early imo.

And while she can't carry the team the same way a 150+ str/mg unit can, i found that building her with the endurance upgrade in her tree lets her stay relevant late game. You can still hit for 30+ per hit, but you'll also have 120+hp while her more glass-cannon builds won't even have a third of that health for not that much more damage.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
1.) Evolution has insane base magic when in Magic/God Form, which very quickly boosts the genes on spirits you summon. I once summoned 4 rock spirits and then fused them all together and wound up with a rock spirit at a perfect 10.
2.) Spirits can be adapted every time they evolve. So your spirits as Elementalist that start with 3 traits can actually have 6 traits by the time they finish evolving, making them excellent fusion fodder. In contrast, Creation can only ever adapt once.
Just wait until you start trying out the chimera forms lol

You can very quickly and easily get Evo to the point where she has a high enough magic stat that spirits are just spawning with all 9/10 stats. Saves a bunch of time combining them to make super units.

Plus its hilarious if you take telekinesis. Its easy to keep up with end game units in raw damage if you want to.

That means the only real advantage Creation has over Evolution in this department is (fittingly for her theme) control of what species your army is going to be. The special Slimes are stronger than most normal units you can get, with some being on part with Spirit Elites, but the thing is... since you're limited to a party of five units anyway, you could just use actual Spirit Elites. You could even use Seedling Nymph.
Don't forget Crea's ability to stack passives on units. Being able to put four passives on all your units is pretty damn strong too.

Oh, and as Creation I would personally always do Partner and pick Aila. She just solves so much of the early game struggle by herself. Very worth the 5 points.
I never bother with partner. Take famous instead. You'll have enough starting rep that you can recruit the entire town by day three.

Creation is the perfect "fuck around and find out" character in my opinion, since she has access to units you can never control otherwise with her "gene unlock" skill. You can make an army of plants, of mushroom boss' summons or of whatever you can think of pretty much (outside of the unique/boss limitaion as usual). This is the cheese pick.
Being able to steal Evo's forms is hilarious as hell. That's my favorite of her "how did you get this" unit types lol

Siena's also very helpful to complete your gallery, but to grow into power she works best with scientist/fusion focus in order to accumulate traits.
Since you can't fuse two created units together (but you can adapt created units with the right upgrade), you still need 1 regular units to start a fusion chain (and maybe catalyst, depends on what you're trying to do), but with the flat bonus to the number of traits you can choose from that profession/focus/essence you can still create a complete monster by simply regenerating your energy.
Siena's very good at going for a particular build early imo.
This is where I like her the most. Every new unlockables file I use, I always start with Crea on the first run. She can basically unlock everything without much effort. And then you're golden for the harder runs.

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
Being able to steal Evo's forms is hilarious as hell. That's my favorite of her "how did you get this" unit types lol
Especially the magic form if it's got the "spawn tier 1 spirit on fight start" passive to ascrifice with her spell. It's not just cheese anymore, it's the whole Willy Wonka fondue factory.

• Haha
Reactions: tehlemon

BackwardsBird

Dec 8, 2020
Don't forget Crea's ability to stack passives on units. Being able to put four passives on all your units is pretty damn strong too.
Yeah but this part doesn't really work well outside early game since any fusion you do removes the passives that don't belong naturally on the unit. So it's a choice of unit with 4 passives and custom skills with one trait vs unit with 10 traits. Later on it just doesn't seem worth it.

I never bother with partner. Take famous instead. You'll have enough starting rep that you can recruit the entire town by day three.
Yeah I just unlocked Famous. Partner was for the previous run. I died to Veridion without recruiting Sylvie on first run because nub :ROFLMAO:

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
I think what turns me off from playing creation the most is the fact that she has basically no battlefield presence. Evo is the absolute beast we all know and the druid got a lot better after his recent improvements, but creation just sort of exists. Maybe she can pop a tentacle or two to tie down a stronger enemy for a turn. I'm also incredibly inefficient at using her slime units because, honestly, I'm just too lazy to slimify the entire map first to make them more efficient at fighting.

The one thing I enjoyed was being able to pop a specific type of team to suit an immediate need at the drop of a hat, whereas the others are forced to rely on conventional means.

I'll give her another spin. Maybe first I just need to let go of the notion that all MCs can become one man armies in time. I wonder if using the spectral sword would increase her damage output, even if by a little? That's what I've always been using to get rid of the overseer and the horror in turn one. Drop one of those on Xhana and other high magic units and let the big numbers fly.

BackwardsBird

Dec 8, 2020
I think what turns me off from playing creation the most is the fact that she has basically no battlefield presence. Evo is the absolute beast we all know and the druid got a lot better after his recent improvements, but creation just sort of exists. Maybe she can pop a tentacle or two to tie down a stronger enemy for a turn. I'm also incredibly inefficient at using her slime units because, honestly, I'm just too lazy to slimify the entire map first to make them more efficient at fighting.

The one thing I enjoyed was being able to pop a specific type of team to suit an immediate need at the drop of a hat, whereas the others are forced to rely on conventional means.

I'll give her another spin. Maybe first I just need to let go of the notion that all MCs can become one man armies in time. I wonder if using the spectral sword would increase her damage output, even if by a little? That's what I've always been using to get rid of the overseer and the horror in turn one. Drop one of those on Xhana and other high magic units and let the big numbers fly.
Spectral Sword was how mine managed to do anything towards the end but it's still not amazing when the rest of my units could AOE for double what she was doing.

Creation at least has pretty good Lust Damage so you can use her as a debuffer while being relatively safe I guess? She's definitely the worst pick for the Lone Wolf achievement :ROFLMAO:

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Spectral Sword was how mine managed to do anything towards the end but it's still not amazing when the rest of my units could AOE for double what she was doing.

Creation at least has pretty good Lust Damage so you can use her as a debuffer while being relatively safe I guess? She's definitely the worst pick for the Lone Wolf achievement :ROFLMAO:
That's one of the achievements I have yet to even consider trying, along with that 600% difficulty one. I've been wondering if it can be cheesed by doing several very short ng+ runs on evo until she's an unstoppable juggernaut, then starting a last ng+ and use only her. It sort of feels like cheating but... if you're at the point where you're specifically gunning for those, it's not like you have anything else to prove...

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
That's one of the achievements I have yet to even consider trying, along with that 600% difficulty one. I've been wondering if it can be cheesed by doing several very short ng+ runs on evo until she's an unstoppable juggernaut, then starting a last ng+ and use only her. It sort of feels like cheating but... if you're at the point where you're specifically gunning for those, it's not like you have anything else to prove...
Did both of those recently,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Thinking Face

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Is there a quicker way to rush the magic/strength type on creation? Even with biologist, she's usually already a few levels in before I can change it, which just feels like a terrible waste of her potential. Not that she has much to begin with, but still...
I can spawn a tanid or two to breed something that will get me enough tanid points but that takes a few days, meanwhile I can't do anything that involves her because she'll just end up getting exp and leveling. Corrupting an existing character is just going to destroy their max lvl for some reason, so I end up getting 1 or 2 points off of them, which is just not enough.

Oct 5, 2020
See if there's any recruitable males/futa in tavern that match the base species for magic or strength (centaur or lavagirl hybrids). You can also start with a couple starters that are based on either centaur or lavagirl species.

Otherwise, you can spam creating hives in a portal and hope you get points for the relevant trees. Capturing species you haven't got rituals for also works.

imelman

May 15, 2018
Is there a quicker way to rush the magic/strength type on creation? Even with biologist, she's usually already a few levels in before I can change it, which just feels like a terrible waste of her potential. Not that she has much to begin with, but still...
I can spawn a tanid or two to breed something that will get me enough tanid points but that takes a few days, meanwhile I can't do anything that involves her because she'll just end up getting exp and leveling. Corrupting an existing character is just going to destroy their max lvl for some reason, so I end up getting 1 or 2 points off of them, which is just not enough.
Sadly, you have to use knowing trait, or special profession that is gotten from rank 10 challenge, both of which give favors, one of its options is to gain skill points, or god profession, that gives 10 in every category, probably mixing it with prepared if you need skill points from converted starters.

I am still waiting when a summon oriented character finally gets proper commander style gameplay and skills, like boosting characters and weakening enemies from greater ranges and power, rather than relying on terrain changes and being a weak body late-game, since being anything other than a weak late-game unit requires plenty of investing in main character points, which is fairly costly in itself.

SirOmegaI

Mar 18, 2021
Unlocks everything as of 2022-01-10 (0.18.0.1). Originally created on Linux.

[...]

Edit: This was created with some assumption and may very well work on future versions (unless author changes some things). Just Quote me and I'll update it. Try to only do that if it is something that you can't easily do.
Seems like it doesn't work for 0.19.0.1

GreenPee

Jun 23, 2018
Can anyone recommend a game like this but... simpler?
I do like it when there's some strategy required and I love the art in this but god damn why does the game have to make me feel like a fucking retard. It took me maybe 2 hours before I stopped struggling with the UI, and now after ~12 hours I still don't know how to get out of early game. Tried to follow the "absolute beginner" guide on the wiki and it kinda worked for the first couple of ingame days but then even the guide became too hard for me to follow...

Oct 5, 2020
Yep, figuring things out is hard when all the blood goes south. There are diminishing returns to how horny this game makes you, however, so eventually you'll start getting less horny and get more blood to brain, leading to eureka moments.

• Haha
Reactions: clockwinding
4.10 star(s) 79 Votes