imad9009

Sep 9, 2019
Okay, assuming you're not trying to open the file, don't do that, and you're getting the error when running the game; check the file permissions. Its possible if you're just dropping the file into the folder the game doesn't have permission to read/write to the file.

But just to make sure, you should just be dropping that file into the saves folder. Nothing else is done with it. You shouldn't need to load it at all.

If you're still having trouble post a screenshot of whatever message you're getting (filter out an personal details in the file paths and what not, of course)
i did that bro but the gallery is still not unlocking

imad9009

Sep 9, 2019
Okay, assuming you're not trying to open the file, don't do that, and you're getting the error when running the game; check the file permissions. Its possible if you're just dropping the file into the folder the game doesn't have permission to read/write to the file.

But just to make sure, you should just be dropping that file into the saves folder. Nothing else is done with it. You shouldn't need to load it at all.

If you're still having trouble post a screenshot of whatever message you'r
Uh...

I'm here because I'm bored. If I'm bored enough I'll answer questions, even stupid ones. Usually stupid ones. Those people tend to give you the most entertainment in the short run.
man i did as u said to just put it in the savdata file its dosent unlock the gallery

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
He's not following the directions, don't assist. Try reading it until you see your mistake. You've done one part supposedly correctly...that's the only assistance I'm feeling charitable to give today.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2020
So some unorganized thoughts i had after a play-through that i felt like typing out here, apologies if this has been mentioned/discussed previously, been a while since i've been on this thread.
  1. After you get Avy and
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  2. A lot of the powercreep seems to come from repeated fusing/breeding. It would be cool if there was an optional difficulty added to limit these mechanics. First thing that comes to mind is to disallow breeding and/or fusing hatched/fused characters. In other words, you can only breed/fuse one generation but not further. However there are still a bunch of other pseudo-fusing/pseudo-breeding mechanics that also need to be limited for this to work, such as the mushroom girls that can be spawned and basically copy the genes of an existing character. Another idea could be to just disable fusing/breeding altogether, although that would rule out quite a big game mechanic and make some kings quests and tavern quests much harder.
  3. Storage space? Feels a bit weird that the game allows you to mass hoard items to no end. It could be cool if you started out with a limited amount of items you could store at home, with a new home-upgrade added to increase storage space over time. This would add a layer to item managment and force the player to sell some of the items they dont use (i don't think i've sold a single item in any of my playthroughs lol). Of course you wouldn't want your newly gained loot to just dissapear if you return from a portal and your storage space has exceeded the limit, but the overflowing items could instead disappear on the next day giving you plenty of time to sort them out.
  4. You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
On the one hand, the exploitable loops to snowball power can feel kinda cheaty like you say if you know how to abuse it and do it early. On the other hand, you're literally playing God(s) so that kind of thing should be a given once you master their powers, right? (also see .4 because of Avy/Xhana lore)

Cutting breeding/fusing, which are the core gameplay loop... yeah, no. It'd just turn into a pokemon hunt in stronger and stronger portals, until the elite 2 in the last story portal challenge you for the Phereon badge. which you can already do, and some of the game's achievements push you towards that kind of playstyle.

I don't think home storage would bring anything interesting to this game, the mechanic is just not interesting. Equipment load in portals is already the most relevant application of it.
i already sell everything i don't use because the inventory becomes infinitely cluttered and unreadable VERY fast; the UI isn't known for its practicality already. Putting a limit on it so you don't reach the chaos point is a tainted bandaid at best in my opinion.

as for .4, you're a world traveler using magical portals. Yup, some species are stronger than others. Especially genetically engineered/optimized ones that make up the ruling class of a galactic empire. Adding your Godly powers on top of that, yes, you can make the Absolute Unit™ of your dreams.

I really don't know why you want the player to be nerfed like that in their options, higher challenge ranks and alt-end routes half-expect you to know these things and use them or you'll suffer to beat them.

imad9009

Sep 9, 2019
He's not following the directions, don't assist. Try reading it until you see your mistake. You've done one part correctly...that's the only assistance I'm feeling charitable to give today.
i aslo created a new save and ower wrote the the save with the unlockables save still not opening the gallery

Nov 21, 2020
Cutting breeding/fusing, which are the core gameplay loop... yeah, no. It'd just turn into a pokemon hunt in stronger and stronger portals, until the elite 2 in the last story portal challenge you for the Phereon badge. which you can already do, and some of the game's achievements push you towards that kind of playstyle.
I think you missed the "optional" part in my sentence :D. There are already a bunch of optional difficulties you can chose from when starting a new game, i don't think single-generation breeding would be too out of place. I also think the implementation would be relatively simple, it just depends on how far you'd want to go to "plug all the holes" as it were, with all the pseudo-fusing/breeding. Although cutting out completely would suck for sure. Also pokemon hunt would be a fun variation to the mad-scientist genetic engineering.
I don't think home storage would bring anything interesting to this game, the mechanic is just not interesting.
Might not be wildly interesting i agree, but also consider the ease of implementation for this one. And it's an excuse to add new home upgrades, which are always welcome (imo there aren't that many upgrades at the moment).
I really don't know why you want the player to be nerfed like that in their options, higher challenge ranks and alt-end routes half-expect you to know these things and use them or you'll suffer to beat them.
It's not that i want to nerf options, on the contrary i would like for the options to be better rounded off and balanced so that each of them gets their respective place. At the moment, the optimization monster in me always reaches for the strongest option leaving a lot of content untouched simply because... it's not optimal. This is obviously where difficulties come into play, to impose restrictions that create variation in your runs. So to me, the more difficulties the more unique runs with their own challenges you can get.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
i aslo created a new save and ower wrote the the save with the unlockables save still not opening the gallery
Like I said, you didn't read the directions. In fact, what you said even here doesn't even make sense...think about it.

Last edited:

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
So some unorganized thoughts i had after a play-through that i felt like typing out here, apologies if this has been mentioned/discussed previously, been a while since i've been on this thread.
Don't be sorry! I'm bored and need something to reply to. It's a cold rainy day today, and I'm out of new games to play.

1. After you get Avy and
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Fuck, how did I never think of that one lmao

1. A lot of the powercreep seems to come from repeated fusing/breeding. It would be cool if there was an optional difficulty added to limit these mechanics. First thing that comes to mind is to disallow breeding and/or fusing hatched/fused characters. In other words, you can only breed/fuse one generation but not further. However there are still a bunch of other pseudo-fusing/pseudo-breeding mechanics that also need to be limited for this to work, such as the mushroom girls that can be spawned and basically copy the genes of an existing character. Another idea could be to just disable fusing/breeding altogether, although that would rule out quite a big game mechanic and make some kings quests and tavern quests much harder.
There's already an optional difficulty that gives you more or less that same thing, the one that makes it so you can't summon spirits. Sure you can have a different character do it for you, but they won't have your magic stat to make the spirits not suck. Then you'll need like 10000 combinations to max out a character and my wrists can't take that.

And with breeding, time is the limiting factor.

But I also wouldn't like this to be a core thing. Breeding and fusing are the core element to building a strong team. Not just OP teams, but just strong teams in general. It would take a lot out of the game if you took those two away. And you'd have to depend on other cheese then, which isn't really any better.

1. Storage space? Feels a bit weird that the game allows you to mass hoard items to no end. It could be cool if you started out with a limited amount of items you could store at home, with a new home-upgrade added to increase storage space over time. This would add a layer to item managment and force the player to sell some of the items they dont use (i don't think i've sold a single item in any of my playthroughs lol). Of course you wouldn't want your newly gained loot to just dissapear if you return from a portal and your storage space has exceeded the limit, but the overflowing items could instead disappear on the next day giving you plenty of time to sort them out.
If a limit to space is ever added, I want a better "sell all" type option. I'll favorite what I like, and then junk the rest. Right now I just don't bother because it doesn't matter.

1. You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I mean, they're end game units that you only get while doing the end game challenge content. Everything there should be strong.

There's lot of ways in the game to become OP and break things. Arbitrarily removing one or two of them won't make the game more balanced, there'll just be less fun ways to break the game.

On the one hand, the exploitable loops to snowball power can feel kinda cheaty like you say if you know how to abuse it and do it early. On the other hand, you're literally playing God(s) so that kind of thing should be a given once you master their powers, right? (also see .4 because of Avy/Xhana lore)
Plus it can be fun without taking anything away from the other ways of playing the game. And that's ultimately the goal. Fun alternatives that don't ruin any of the other fun to be had.

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
I've been postponing a looong time jumping back into this game... Here I go again, catering to my OCDs :LOL:
Maaan, Syvaron did so much work since the last time. So many cut corners were fixed, so many more mechanics/pieces of lore to learn about. Awesome, really.

If I ever miss something, quote me, and I'll fix it.
1st I can confirm the file works; I'd recommend downloaders to keep it in a zip in your Savedata folder, so you can extract it before your next run, plan ahead what you want to unlock next. Most of the fun is unlocking stuff yourself.
A few users bothered Daron about this before, so it's worth noting that F95 adds a prefix the name of the attachment. I'd recommend sharing files in a .zip to bypass this trivial issue.
The correct file name is "Unlockables.sav", in /saveData.

That said, I wholeheartedly agree users who triple-post one-liners aren't worthy of being helped at all. ;)

Nov 21, 2020
There's already an optional difficulty that gives you more or less that same thing, the one that makes it so you can't summon spirits. Sure you can have a different character do it for you, but they won't have your magic stat to make the spirits not suck. Then you'll need like 10000 combinations to max out a character and my wrists can't take that.

And with breeding, time is the limiting factor.
Well my last playthrough had the no-spirit-summoning enabled but you still start with one spirit, and you are free to capture wild ones so it doesn't remove your access to spirits. Definitely makes it more interesting though. Getting to the point of maxed genes definitely takes time, and you need to combine it with constant exploring to find new characters with the genes you are missing early on (which is the fun part). The essence mechanic is also amazing, can't give that one credit enough. Depending on which essences i get drastically change the layout of my core team, which makes things a lot more interesting.

But yeah i mainly wait to come across a high-level charachter, either level-gifted or a unique, and then start going to town with the breeding cycles. My wrists are still fine i promise

Edit: Oh forgot to mention, Telekinetic + Spectral sword + Magic-based character is just... eww. My last run i would have a Seer-transformed Evo with 0 stamina soloing encounters with crazy high strength (200+). The only ingredients were Shadowform, high lust-resistance gear and spectral sword. Optionally you can also get the Magicshadow skill to spawn a shadowtile underneath yourself so you dont lose 2 mana per round. Essentially you one-shot everything and due to shadowform your manapool gets added to your hp-pool.

Last edited:

imad9009

Sep 9, 2019
Like I said, you didn't read the directions. In fact, what you said even here doesn't even make sense...think about it.
alright so i sarted the game and delted the old save folder then i made new save folder starting a new game and then moved the unlockables into that folder which is saveData and yet still the gallery hasnt unlocked now what do id o ?

imad9009

Sep 9, 2019
The attachmemt unlocks everything as of 2022-04-21 (0.19.0.1). It was originally created on Linux.

I guess instructions are needed (for some people?):

Place the file into PoP_V*_Data/saveData, overwriting your own. You must use new saves for Unlockables to work, no matter who creates them. I can't believe this needs to be said: Use exact filename and make sure you're not some idiot one using Windows without file-extensions shown... >_>

Edit: Quote me and I'll update it. Try to only do that if it is something that you can't easily do. If I ever miss something, quote me, and I'll fix it.
oh shit damn man thanks alot now it worked

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
You know, there comes a time in a man's life when he has to take a good hard look at life and figure out where he's headed by himself. I should totally be out there enjoying life (at 5 in the morning for some reason), not here, still on my endless crusade to find the naturally spawned holy seal. (well alright, "lure" spawned, I'm not that much of a masochist)
I'm pretty sure I've briefly reached enlightenment and/or nirvana before exiting that last failed floating portal attempt. Then I noticed a new essence portal had opened and completely forgot about the epiphany I just had. Huh.
I wonder what other brief life lessons that darn seal will bring me, other than the fact that I've been playing too much.

GreenPee

Jun 23, 2018
Any tips on how to set up skills for my units? I mean, what are the steps needed to ensure that they will have the skills I want. Also noticed that some skills don't appear as focus options during fusing? Does that mean they always get replaced for the fuse product?

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
Any tips on how to set up skills for my units? I mean, what are the steps needed to ensure that they will have the skills I want. Also noticed that some skills don't appear as focus options during fusing? Does that mean they always get replaced for the fuse product?
You can see which skills are inheritable through breeding by hovering your cursor over them. Skills that don't appear in the fusion menu are usually quite unique/tied to a species, like "copy" from slime girls.

For breeding, you should also check which species you're trying to do your thing with because some species have fixed skills at birth, sometimes it's even all 4. Only slots without a fixed skill can be inherited, and from there it's rng which one gets passed down.
For fusing, as far as i know which skills gets replaced is rng after setting the final species fixed skills if there's space left, with the focused spells given priority (50/50 if you chose 2 skills and only 1 non-fixed space is there).

Getting the unit you want can be quite time-consuming if you go for the full genes+traits+skills :BootyTime:

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Getting the unit you want can be quite time-consuming if you go for the full genes+traits+skills :BootyTime:
Lazy Evo Meteor Storm mages ftw. Takes 8 spirits, 16 adapts, and 8 fusings to get the fully built unit. Which is a super powerful, super boring mage lol

For fusing, as far as i know which skills gets replaced is rng after setting the final species fixed skills if there's space left, with the focused spells given priority (50/50 if you chose 2 skills and only 1 non-fixed space is there).
Yeah, that was my experience as well. These are the rules as far as I could figure them out (using fusion mastery)
  • You can lock in one skill from each parent which are always either added or combined (they'll always combine if possible)
  • If both parents have a specific skill, it seems to always keep that one, if possible
  • It doesn't seem to be possible to combine more than two skills at once. It took a lot of effort to test this so I've only tried it once a couple patches ago, but no matter how I selected the skills only one pair would combine during any given fusion.
  • Any open spaces are filled randomly after the selected pair/combination and duplicates are applied
So yeah, the skills you lose are RNG unless you ensure there's open space. And ensuring open space seems to be really hard.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
It keeps happening. I picked that difficulty option that makes new portals spawn less often, which, coupled with the challenge level that does the same thing, should logically mean that Creation would have less chances to spawn new hives, and therefore limit her corruption growth, right? Well, apparently my earlier speculation is true and her corruption increases by a flat amount each day (by 2 I believe), regardless of whether new hives have been spawned or not. Now I have, at most, 4 active portals at any time (not counting unstable) with no new hives in them for days on end, while her corruption just keeps increasing.
Conclusion, until this is fixed (assuming it isn't intended, or if I didn't just shoot myself in the foot for severely limiting portal spawns) I imagine the only way to rescue Siena and snag that achievement is to do so on a very short run, otherwise her corruption will eventually outpace you.

sigh. *new game*

4.10 star(s) 79 Votes