manscout

Jun 13, 2018
It keeps happening. I picked that difficulty option that makes new portals spawn less often, which, coupled with the challenge level that does the same thing, should logically mean that Creation would have less chances to spawn new hives, and therefore limit her corruption growth, right? Well, apparently my earlier speculation is true and her corruption increases by a flat amount each day (by 2 I believe), regardless of whether new hives have been spawned or not. Now I have, at most, 4 active portals at any time (not counting unstable) with no new hives in them for days on end, while her corruption just keeps increasing.
Conclusion, until this is fixed (assuming it isn't intended, or if I didn't just shoot myself in the foot for severely limiting portal spawns) I imagine the only way to rescue Siena and snag that achievement is to do so on a very short run, otherwise her corruption will eventually outpace you.

sigh. *new game*
You can savescum the spawn of new hives, it happens at the moment you first enter the portal in the day, although I believe the spawn chance and number is related to how long it has been since you last visited that portal.

If you are playing as Evolution, picking all the "nice" options (let Siena powerup and talk with her after the fight) will reduce her corruption by 10, using the Cleansing Staff's active on her during the battle will reduce it by another 10. So you can reliably get -20 if you meet her in an artifact portal (also something you can savescum for in case you run into the Druid instead of Creation).

I think that for all the "purification" type of endings (either purifying Siena in the final battle or getting her as an ally if you're on the alternative ending route) you need her corruption to be under 75. So the best way of doing it in a long run (where she will very likely reach 100 corruption while you're minding your business) is to try to save a few portals with multiple hives that you can quickly reach (either with flying movement or previously setup relays) and do them in the same day where you do your last artifact portal before going for the final portal.

Keeping her corruption low while playing as the Druid on the other hand would be a massive pain in the ass since you can only do it by eliminating the hives, good thing there isn't an achievement for that.

Reactions: cantabrum

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
I didn't realize hive spawns could be save scummed, that's always good to know. Saving a couple of hive riddled portals for "emergencies" is also a good idea, hadn't thought about that.
Artifact portals don't seem to spawn too often either but I don't mind save scumming those too. I don't remember where to get that yellow pokey spear that can "purity" Siena though, it's been a hot minute since I last tried it.

That diff setting only applies to you, right?
I... don't know. Does it? I mean, it both makes sense and doesn't at the same time. It makes sense that they're both individual challenges for the player that shouldn't affect the AI. Huh. That really neuters the player's ability to accomplish some achievements if it's true. (the challenges are optional, but still...)

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
As I somewhat expected, now I've run into the opposite problem: too many portals, not enough time to raid them all before the day rolls over (even with a flying mount).
I wonder if there's a obvious happy medium here that I'm missing. I don't suppose there's a hidden profession somewhere that can close portals rather than opening them? :HideThePain:

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
As I somewhat expected, now I've run into the opposite problem: too many portals, not enough time to raid them all before the day rolls over (even with a flying mount).
I wonder if there's a obvious happy medium here that I'm missing. I don't suppose there's a hidden profession somewhere that can close portals rather than opening them? :HideThePain:
All professions can do that, you only need to be very, very rich in both money and crystals... stabilize -> destroy on repeat

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ankhtar

Settum

Jan 10, 2019
In the end, I believe the double rate Creation improves is (barring specific dif. settings) constant. More portals should mean more hives you can find and destroy. I doubt the game tracks the other two "antagonists" as separate players with their own farms etc, you can see that when you save scum before a unique portal opens, how different their entourage is, for example.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
All professions can do that, you only need to be very, very rich in both money and crystals... stabilize -> destroy on repeat
That hadn't actually occurred to me. In this new unlockables file, I'm still not at the challenge level that cuts your brother profits in half, so that should still be doable. Crystals would become the problem then. I should probably find a water map of some sort and try out the new crystal collector thingamadoobies.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Eh, just put a couple pairs of high virility/fertility (preferably futa) breeders into farm and have them produce crystals instead of eggs.
Is it literally that simple? Just chuck a breeding pair in there and they'll pop out crystals instead of eggs? I always the "crystals" option there but never quite figured out how it works in practice. If it really is that simple I might just have to start a new save file from scratch out of shame.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
Is it literally that simple? Just chuck a breeding pair in there and they'll pop out crystals instead of eggs? I always the "crystals" option there but never quite figured out how it works in practice. If it really is that simple I might just have to start a new save file from scratch out of shame.
Thing you can do is just delete the eggs that are made, destroyed eggs give you a crystal, if you have a pair of breeders popping 8 eggs a day that's 8 crystals you can get.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Yeah, the farm is easy crystals. Specially if you get them started early and let them go at it for the full game as it builds up over time. I usually try and drop at least one pair in there during the first week, and then I'm generally set on crystals for the rest of the game.

Oct 5, 2020
The breeding pair will produce more eggs/crystals the more bonded they are (also raising the crystal/egg cap), so let them build the bond up. So it helps to have a dedicated breeding pair that is fully bonded.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Never actually seen a heaven biome prior to this, is it actually supposed to be this tiny, or is rng just bending me over a table again?
1651535723752.png
It's making my quest for the holy seal way harder than it should be, especially with the recent annoying changes made to "lure".

Settum

Jan 10, 2019
I've see it in a few floating portals, it isn't that rare... or, it didn't used to be pre 18 (have played very little of 19). Should be the same rarity as Hell biomes and similar sizes.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
I've see it in a few floating portals, it isn't that rare... or, it didn't used to be pre 18 (have played very little of 19). Should be the same rarity as Hell biomes and similar sizes.
I don't use nearly enough floating portals so I can't speak for the rarity, I was asking about the size of the biome itself though. Is it normal for it to only occupy those 6 tiles? Since "lure" now spawns groups of mobs in a wide area around you instead of instantly starting a fight that exclusively contains mobs from the biome you're standing on, it's making the necessary save scumming worse by constantly spawning groups outside of this tiny biome. Ideally I would need a much bigger biome for better results.

edit literally 2 minutes later: nevermind, goal accomplished, all is forgiven.
1651538023602.png
Incidentally, using Narah to permanently resurrect characters/creatures/spirits you want instead of having to rely on nets or mind control is working so much better than I thought it would. Now onto the last seal, swamp or fire, whichever I come across first.

edit 2: Does the Catseal count towards that achievement/event? I mean, it does have "seal" in the name, I suppose, but for some reason it seems different from the rest.

Last edited:

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
God dammit, you're really tempting me to finally get that stupid seal achievement lol

It's like, the one I've never had the patience for.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
God dammit, you're really tempting me to finally get that stupid seal achievement lol

It's like, the one I've never had the patience for.
The reward is honestly underwhelming, and after searching for the damn thing for who knows how long, you might be better off finding other seals, opening the portal and hunting the holy seal there. The heaven biome is stupidly small considering the way Lure works now.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
The reward is honestly underwhelming, and after searching for the damn thing for who knows how long, you might be better off finding other seals, opening the portal and hunting the holy seal there. The heaven biome is stupidly small considering the way Lure works now.

4.10 star(s) 79 Votes