clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
I have seen the entity known as Aila described as both "he" and "she" across multiple scenes, as well as in the wiki, so I don't know what to think about him/her. I'd ask for dev clarification but I don't believe he's ever been here.
Don't think Syvaron is on here either. From what i understand there are "pure humans" (king, nila, siena, pryla...) and "monstergirls", the second one being a broad term designing all the non-humans that aren't beasts/spirits.
So yeah, Aila is a male monstergirl. It makes as much sense as you want it to. it's safe to ignore, honestly >.>

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Don't think Syvaron is on here either. From what i understand there are "pure humans" (king, nila, siena, pryla...) and "monstergirls", the second one being a broad term designing all the non-humans that aren't beasts/spirits.
So yeah, Aila is a male monstergirl. It makes as much sense as you want it to. it's safe to ignore, honestly >.>
That does make sense. You're also right, it doesn't matter in the slightest. It was just something I had been vaguely curious about and saw the chance to bring it up earlier. We can move on now :p

In other news, the never ending hunt for the holy seal continues. I would even be tempted to question whether it's even in the game if there weren't any photo evidence of it. The reward for this may not even be worth it but I believe I'm falling victim to the sunk cost fallacy at this point.

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
That does make sense. You're also right, it doesn't matter in the slightest. It was just something I had been vaguely curious about and saw the chance to bring it up earlier. We can move on now :p

In other news, the never ending hunt for the holy seal continues. I would even be tempted to question whether it's even in the game if there weren't any photo evidence of it. The reward for this may not even be worth it but I believe I'm falling victim to the sunk cost fallacy at this point.
You should make a bonus trait start to get a lucky catseal, or an elementalist to get an easy laquas. That way you don't need the holy seal to access the seal heaven, and you can get one there :p

Besharia

May 6, 2018
Is there a wiki for this game or a detailed UI guide? I like it but some of the screens like the sex training UI is really, really confusing and I have no idea what I am doing or what I should be doing. Like what is the very first thing I should do on a new game I'm playing with unlimited time setting.

Reactions: Dragor900

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Is there a wiki for this game or a detailed UI guide? I like it but some of the screens like the sex training UI is really, really confusing and I have no idea what I am doing or what I should be doing. Like what is the very first thing I should do on a new game I'm playing with unlimited time setting.
There is a wiki here:

However, there's no up to date guide that I know about, sorry.

First thing you should do in a new game is figure out how to make money. And I'd recommend putting some time into the dating system. You can recruit most of the town NPCs in the first couple days.

hrhr

May 13, 2019
I give my 2cents, this is the folder structure that is needed to run the game.

Bash:
PortalOfPhereon_v15           # Change this folder name with whatever you like
├── LinuxPlayer_s.debug       # LinuxOther.zip
├── PoP_V0.15.0.1_linux_Data  # PoP_V0.15.0.1_linux_Data.zip
│   ├── app.info
│   ├── boot.config
│   ├── data.unity3d
│   ├── Managed
│   ├── MonoBleedingEdge
│   ├── Resources
│   └── saveData
├── PoP_V0.15.0.1_linux.x86_64 # LinuxOther.zip change permission to executable
├── UnityPlayer_s.debug        # LinuxOther.zip
└── UnityPlayer.so             # LinuxOther.zip
Is this still necessary to run the linux version? The downloaded .rar (0.19.0.1) extracted all files into the same folder without creating any additional subfolders, so I mirrored the structure in the quoted post and filled in the gaps (such as which files go into MonoBleedingEdge) manually where possible based on an old (0.15.0.1) version for windows. Still couldn't run it but this time when I did it an "unity.lock" file was produced, and apparently its only content is the line "16619\00". By the way, LinuxPlayer_s.debug didn't run either. I also tried downloading the Windows version to run it through Wine but its folder structure is also broken, I then redid it manually as previously but then it said there was a problem loading mono. I tried running the old 0.15.0.1 version I had to see if it worked and it crashed with a segfault, so maybe with the Windows version it's something to do with wine.

Last edited:

imelman

May 15, 2018

Actually the zookeeper profession gives one now(in its place there was less valuable magic deer), the seals are arguably one of hardest characters to acquire in normal ways(excluding the swamp seal, which is gotten from unstable lakes much more often than normal map ones and is fairly tanky on its own, while also being a constant source of armor potions once you start farming them), forcing you to enter unstable portals for higher than average chance to encounter one, excluding holy and swamp ones which rely on rare biomes, or rare tavern recruitments, again expect rare biome ones, but one that I would consider the most desirable in normal gameplay is lacquas, which is mostly known from being given at start for tamer profession, but can be also rarely encountered in caves/lava tiles if my memory serves right, though the game gives nothing if you ever give it to mermaid shopkeeper. Holy seals are the source of stability potions, same as crafting them late-game, but less consistent due to said creatures rarity overall. Not that it makes zookeeper better than tamer, because of its minimal effects towards later stages of the game, and the fact you level them fast through battles, but having some elites from the start is something I guess.

Elemental seals are required to acquire a special character that boosts them all in a event, but since getting them all requires months of in-game time due to how rare they are, myself included, I'd just get any that I manage to secure and then try to make them stronger to become either useful combat animals if they are good enough, or as farm pets that make potions to supply my needs.

Norse4353

Jun 7, 2021
Well, male monstergirls are basically dickgirls in this game.

sivanti

Apr 24, 2019
Made a basic cheat table for CE, can edit most of characters stats. Doesnt flag savefile as cheated.
Might add more functions to it later if anyone would be interested in it.

Going to be editing this post with updates.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The AOBscan isn't working properly in the latest version of the game; while it does populates the table, the shown values aren't of any of your units.

Aug 19, 2017
The AOBscan isn't working properly in the latest version of the game; while it does populates the table, the shown values aren't of any of your units.
I made that table kinda quick and dirty, some of the values in code moved with new version, and i kinda shot myself in the foot with "hardcoding" all adresses. I want to almost redo the table from the ground up properly but im not sure when would i have the time to do so. I'll update original post if I get to it

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Oof. Now I remember why I gave the game a break. Whenever I touch it, it seems to give me this horrible case of "just one more portal" syndrome. Before I realized it, it was already 5 AM. It's never just one more portal, is it? :HideThePain:

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Oof. Now I remember why I gave the game a break. Whenever I touch it, it seems to give me this horrible case of "just one more portal" syndrome. Before I realized it, it was already 5 AM. It's never just one more portal, is it? :HideThePain:
Yup lol

That's me as well

Reactions: ankhtar

BackwardsBird

Dec 8, 2020
Ah, gotcha. That's the issue. I had that one setting where I can't flee battles so I had more points on MC. I didn't know Consume could destroy them regardless. Thanks for the info.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Ah, gotcha. That's the issue. I had that one setting where I can't flee battles so I had more points on MC. I didn't know Consume could destroy them regardless. Thanks for the info.
I always pick that option too, so I can keep the difficulty above 100%. It does tend to backfire spectacularly sometimes. :HideThePain:
For me, it causes me to not be able to flee battles in essence/artifact portals to mostly bypass the whole thing and snag the reward. Recently I just started picking Raiders instead...

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
For me, it causes me to not be able to flee battles in essence/artifact portals to mostly bypass the whole thing and snag the reward. Recently I just started picking Raiders instead...
You can still cheese essence portals with Evo at least. Get either forest stalker or holy spirit. Holy spirit is the easy one, because one of its passives is a shield for turn one. Both give you two AP even when next to enemies, and both have a skill that lets you escape from being completely blocked in.

You can usually get forest stalker in the first couple days, if not day one. It's much more RNG if you live turn one though.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ankhtar
4.10 star(s) 79 Votes