clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
Why do you need to enter that portal? Is there an ice cream vendor? There are few story portals in the game and none are air, I think. King's Quest? You can fail a few quests (there's a count), if it is the final fail, just slap the King around (even tho he's the Druid's daddy... royals love family struggle!).
He's playing with the "advancing" modifier. no new portals are generated naturally, he MUST clear n% of the currently opened portal to open the next. It's difficult and an entry modifier can lock you severely.

Reactions: a3on
Oct 5, 2020
Huh, never had such issues and I always play with Advancing. Then again you could get stuck if you let portals expire without clearing them.

I just stabilize portals to clear later.

a3on

Jun 4, 2019
Huh, never had such issues and I always play with Advancing. Then again you could get stuck if you let portals expire without clearing them.

I just stabilize portals to clear later.
my mistake was destroying the old stabilized portals. i got kinda greedy and want to raise the hostility quicker.
i realized too late that i was left with only two med-sized air potals

edit:
i wasn't trying to complete king's quest. i wanted him to give me a quest to scout or battle inside a portal (so he would spawn a new one for me, then i can spawn a new one from that portal). but like i said before, it's too much trouble :KEK:

Last edited:

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Finally decided to snag the 600% difficulty achievement. Deceptively easy, more so by using Evo. Then again, Evo does make everything easier, lol. Can't say the reward is very impactful but well... every point helps the not-Evo MCs I suppose.

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
It's still +20% if you pump to the max, it's huge. it pays for an expensive trait/couple moderate ones or a couple of gene points for flat stats on your MC. Can also be used when you nuke your MC points to pump the difficulty% and still get enough points to spend.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Finally decided to snag the 600% difficulty achievement. Deceptively easy, more so by using Evo. Then again, Evo does make everything easier, lol. Can't say the reward is very impactful but well... every point helps the not-Evo MCs I suppose.
Yeah, 600% is pretty easy once you know what the difficulty settings all do and which ones you can combine. When I last reset my unlockables file, I did 600% on the first run lol

dmmt

May 8, 2020
installed this, took a look, not interested. Went to delete the folder, and it wont let me. Says I need Admin Permissions to delete.

WTF??????

First quest: How do I delete this thing

2nd question: why in hell does it install w/o admin permissions, and then require admin to remove?

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
installed this, took a look, not interested. Went to delete the folder, and it wont let me. Says I need Admin Permissions to delete.

WTF??????

First quest: How do I delete this thing

2nd question: why in hell does it install w/o admin permissions, and then require admin to remove?
It's installed wherever you unpack the game. If you unpacked it in a protected folder, yes you need permission to delete it, pretty normal. Your case sounds weird, perhaps in your setup "unpacking stuff" =/= "installing stuff" so it let you do it without asking at first?
Get permission, i guess, or try to reboot your PC (surprising how much stuff it can fix sometimes).

dmmt

May 8, 2020
My D: drive. Folder called UNPLAYED, where I extract games I have not yet played. Subfolder PLAYED, for once I play them a bit and decide to keep.

I have unpacked various others to this same UNPLAYED folder, and upon deciding agaist, simply delete their folder.This one however, says I need Admin Permissions.

EDIT: Reboot fixed it. I should have known to try that 1st. "Turn it off and back on", is standard 1st step in trouble shooting...my bad

Reactions: clockwinding

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Yeah, 600% is pretty easy once you know what the difficulty settings all do and which ones you can combine. When I last reset my unlockables file, I did 600% on the first run lol
My brain purged almost everything related to that run almost instantly after it ended but I don't think I picked many of the settings on the right. I picked Evo, permadeath, limited saves, 100 gold and no skill points, then I vaguely remember picking that setting that makes rival power increase faster, which was negated by using the insect queen cheese. If you squinted, you'd almost be able to see slices of cheddar and mozzarella appearing at random spots in town.

Last edited:

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
This is how I did it. I like giving myself 10 MC points so that I can pick my profession.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: Fixed a couple words. I'm working off three hours of sleep today. My on-call shift this week has already been rough, and its only Tuesday...

Last edited:
Reactions: clockwinding

Perdurabo

May 4, 2017
This is how I did it. I like giving myself 10 MC points so that I can pick my profession.

Edit: Fixed a couple words. I'm working off three hours of sleep today. My on-call shift this week has already been rough, and its only Tuesday...
Biologist Prince is also devastating if you spend most of your stamina fusing seedings and training. You suddenly burst onto the scene with a seedling dragon and a prince whose got quite nice stats (especially if you're grass aligned).

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Ah, I ended up going with Doctor, not only because it costs no points but also to hopefully prevent any blunders from resulting in death. Still lost Morta though, rip.

edit: speaking of uniques, where do we find the new naiad unique? I've gone through the game several times since her release and have yet to see any hints about hew location. There's also a named brute in the gallery (not Cuska or the alt ending one) that I've never seen. Is she also a playable unique or just random art from syv?

Last edited:

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
Ah, I ended up going with Doctor, not only because it costs no points but also to hopefully prevent any blunders from resulting in death. Still lost Morta though, rip.

edit: speaking of uniques, where do we find the new naiad unique? I've gone through the game several times since her release and have yet to see any hints about hew location. There's also a named brute in the gallery (not Cuska or the alt ending one) that I've never seen. Is she also a playable unique or just random art from syv?

Reactions: ankhtar

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
I was never worried about that. Mostly because I never get into combat until I'm OP on the 600% runs, but also because I know the secret to limited saves...

You can save as often as you want.

Limited saves isn't limited saves, its limited loading of saves. So you can still save scum lost characters as long as you're not losing them often lol

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
I was never worried about that. Mostly because I never get into combat until I'm OP on the 600% runs, but also because I know the secret to limited saves...

You can save as often as you want.

Limited saves isn't limited saves, its limited loading of saves. So you can still save scum lost characters as long as you're not losing them often lol
I figured that out way too late, and only because I was having a hard time curbing my habit of quicksaving every other minute. Which is too bad, if I hadn't lost Morta that time, I would've unlocked that "don't let anyone die/be injured" achievement.

a3on

Jun 4, 2019
am i doing something wrong?

Fusion focus (on farm) says that i can keep 2 skills. but i can only pick one when fusing? :WutFace:

4.10 star(s) 79 Votes