tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Apologies, I meant Pryla!

She has some of the worst stat growths in the game, a maxLV of 5, and a gimmick that depends on receiving debilitating amounts of lust for mediocre damage.

Personally, my unique ratings are probably Xhana and Phya (infinite scaling for both, Phya has Agile and a good set of skills, you could get Focusing on someone with ConsumeMana but Xhana does have an event that makes her buff the MC when shes in the party), then Shadow/AN-3/Shirotama, then Mirrea & Alice, then everyone else. I haven't messed with Narah a ton but she seems like she could be a fun gimmick to build around, and provides a roundabout way to recruit enemies.

As for non-uniques, I'm fairly partial to FireDragon (built for Magic Melee, Volt Sword), Fireghost (straight magic), Orc (full STR, gets Wild because they only have weapon slot), and a Sky Worm (full beef + blink, devour cheese).
You forgot about Terra. I think she's the one unique I use in every game I play. Having easy access to portal and having blink makes her so god damn good for getting to enemies and getting damage out fast.

It's extra nice when playing melee mage Evo with her 200+ magic and a volt sword. Just use Terra to teleport you in and clean house.

View attachment 2118238 Honestly At this point I just don't experiment anymore and just stick with the easy basic route. I feel like based Lymean are better than based Lava girl in the long run just because they have more mana. Sure the base Lava girl has 50 more magic, but at that point, it is one shotting everything on the map so 50 or more magic doesn't matter. So Lava girl+ Lymean + Kitsune is my basic team at all point
IDK, could still be better. Gotta upgrade that meteor into meteor storm. It's basically fire based, pre-nerf lightning storm. It still hits all targets, instead of being limited to only 5.

Plus the whole breeding and species selection always seems like to much work to be worth it, to me at least. Compared to the fire tandid throwaway mages I have in my current game, you're only getting like 15 additional magic for that additional effort. And that's probably just the god perk.

Altruant

Feb 20, 2021
With Prince at least you don't worry about Perk. I'm too lazy to breed out Meteor storm. I just breed some level 20 lymean/lava girl with Lightning Storm and then paste gene and perk onto them with Prince. It doesn't need work.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
With Prince at least you don't worry about Perk. I'm too lazy to breed out Meteor storm. I just breed some level 20 lymean/lava girl with Lightning Storm and then paste gene and perk onto them with Prince. It doesn't need work.
I'm too lazy to breed in general. Fusion FTW.

EllysUsername

Oct 7, 2022
by far the best H game I have ever played... I have so many hours in this game now its insane... ALMOST every achievement too without cheating, really struggling to beat the final boss of the alt end right now lol but I am going to keep trying even if it takes another 100 hours, I love games like this where you can unlock new traits and stuff like that

edit I would LOVE a way to make your rivals appear as there alts (for example you would play as evolution and your rivals would appear as male creation and futa druid)

Last edited:
Reactions: TheFreakyOne

Nagirte

Feb 28, 2018
Got around to claiming the 600% difficulty cheevo; decided to play as the Overseer to spice things up, which was both entertaining and frustrating;

On one hand, you come out the gate with 100 armor, great growths, and a strong skillset.

On the other hand, you can only enter Giant+ portals, ever. As in you're going to miss most artifact & essence portals. And the armor loss when attacked? Permanent, not per-encounter. She's also infertile, but I was running the Gacha modifier anyways.

So playing as her you have this extreme fight-winning superweapon, but almost no opportunities to get artifacts/legendaries (besides lucking out w/ the shop and tavern), and you have to be conservative w/ using her so she doesnt end up with no armor by the final mission. Pretty fun overall!

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
150 str/magic is attainable without really breaking stuff. breaking stuff is when it gets *really* crazy and you add a 0 :)
Yeah, you can go fucking crazy with it. It's fun.

It's always exciting and horrifying when leveling up causes your stats to roll over back to 1. It's not a display issue, if you roll your HP back to 1, you have 1hp lol

Haven't managed to roll over the magic stat though... Yet.

Got around to claiming the 600% difficulty cheevo; decided to play as the Overseer to spice things up, which was both entertaining and frustrating;

On one hand, you come out the gate with 100 armor, great growths, and a strong skillset.

On the other hand, you can only enter Giant+ portals, ever. As in you're going to miss most artifact & essence portals. And the armor loss when attacked? Permanent, not per-encounter. She's also infertile, but I was running the Gacha modifier anyways.

So playing as her you have this extreme fight-winning superweapon, but almost no opportunities to get artifacts/legendaries (besides lucking out w/ the shop and tavern), and you have to be conservative w/ using her so she doesnt end up with no armor by the final mission. Pretty fun overall!
600% isn't too bad with the right difficulty set up and understanding what it takes to beat the game. Limited saves and perma death only matter if you're getting into combat, after all. And I did it on the first play through for this save, so I could still cheese basically everything.

Doing it on the side character mode though, that's definitely making it a bit more hardcore lol

Oct 5, 2020
Even more hardcore when you go with a character like Pryla.

600% difficulty Pryla?

And wipe the unlockables.

Okay, I actually want to try that now...

Edit: I just realized wiping unlockables means no Pryla. Would have to unlock her without unlocking other stuff.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Wait, if you play as a NPC, do you also get to use their actual abilities? I sort of want to try playing as Xhana now, just to devour everything nonstop from day 1, see how that turns out.

imelman

May 15, 2018
Yes yes, abilities are intact, just no special events related to them because you are the player, not the character that requires the player.

Still would prefer ones with high stat growths and powerful skills(of which there's a few)over something that well, is a glass cannon that pretty much requires protection if you encounter something that requires several turns in order to defeat them fully.

But hey, let's wait for updates, maybe that will make them viable compared to normal characters besides a few strong outliers. After all, I really want unique paths for certain unique characters, if there's any. With different homes and situations, that would be fun, while fighting 3 rivals at same time or uniting them all.

Nagirte

Feb 28, 2018
Didn't see this on the Wiki so I figured I'd share, no clue how to make a page myself so maybe this will inspire someone else;
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: PixelLewd

Altruant

Feb 20, 2021
Yeah, you can go fucking crazy with it. It's fun.

It's always exciting and horrifying when leveling up causes your stats to roll over back to 1. It's not a display issue, if you roll your HP back to 1, you have 1hp lol

Haven't managed to roll over the magic stat though... Yet.
Man I remember the OG Noble Class. It increases money exponentially so at a point, money become infinite and roll over and you have -9999999999999999 debt instead. Now Noble is nerfed into the ground shitting out only 1500 at max

EllysUsername

Oct 7, 2022
ok so after playing for a very long time I have finally gotten the lonewolf achievement and here is a tip to help other people get it, try playing as kitsune, she has a passive where after you end turn you teleport as far away from the enemy as possible and you also start with lightning storm which is very strong, you can just spam lightning storm and tp away from the enemy and win most fights, I recommend training in the arena training room until you reach level 20 though so your attacks are strong enough to kill before you run out of mana, I hope this helps at least 1 person lol

Reactions: brattlebob

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Damn it, y'all getting me in the mood to pick this up again. It seems playing as any given npc opens up all sorts of interesting possibilities. It got me thinking about whether it's possible to play as the necromancer mermaid (look, I knew her name but it's been a while) could help you bypass the gigantic recruitment nerf from picking the gacha modifier.

imelman

May 15, 2018
Again, the modifier doesn't affect special recruitment's, like mind control, creatures and so on. But I still consider it questionable due to you know, lack of skill tree that makes main characters worthwhile to begin with, exceptions being high stat/growth unique characters or certain elites in other tab. The trait you get once you finish a run with it is worth it though, allowing to turn a understatted unique character onto the same level as top units, if you had worked on its traits, or whatever options you have.

Being a seasonal player isn't rare after all, priorities and such. Experience new content, if bugged, wait for patches, and...repeat until the game reaches the last patch, or if multiplayer, until you get bored of it. All while living under a high alert myself.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ankhtar

Nagirte

Feb 28, 2018
I've beaten the game twice with NPC mains now and I dont think it's as impossible as it gets hyped (though worth noting that I usually like playing Druid, who tends to be more of a support role anyways), it just means you need to lean on your girls/creatures/spirits more than usual. If you've already beaten the game before then you're probably ready to handle an NPC run.

Three bits of advice I will give though:
1. Don't pick someone who relies on dating for their mechanics (Shirotama, Phy)
2. Go for someone you either cant unlock normally or unlock very late into the game (if you're picking someone that you get really early then you're really just depriving yourself of an MC, unless you really like having two Pyrea's)
3. Your MC is always around for entering portals; if you pick someone Giant or Enormous you're going to enter very few portals in your run and you should plan around this (Story portals are always max size)

Personally, I'd recommend the following if you're still unsure but want to dip your toes in:
1. Aran Valys (possibly the easiest run you will ever have in Portals of Phereon); his energy blaster is a 0 mana 0 cooldown 1 AP massive AoE attack with huge range, and gets Sidestep. Even crazier, this skill is Inheritable, so you slowly segue from Aran carrying you through early portals to an entire team of magic users dealing 100+ damage twice each to half the enemy team. You'll still need a PiercingClaws girl to handle the Overseer though, if you go for the alternate end.
2. Overseer; you'll enter very few portals with her, and you need to kill the king when you can because he's going to recommend going to portals you literally cannot enter. At the same time she's probably the best tank you'll ever see, with the only caveats being that she needs lust resistance, you need to kill enemies with PiercingClaws first, and her armor goes down permanently when attacked.
3. CN_12 or Evyrya Valys; both have a Railgun spell that deals 3*MG damage, making them superb boss killers. CN_12 has fantastic growths which will allow her to outscale Evyra (especially because both railguns are on a 1 turn cooldown, so Evyra's sidestep is less impressive and she has very little to do with it down), while Evyra starts with 20 Magic, her railgun has double the range, costs no mana, and does not remove fight-long magic buffs. CN_12 also has Energizer (eggs start at 50% progress), which can help get your team rolling.
4. Guardian; getting access to Soul Drain from the start of the game gives you a great opportunity to max out genetics ASAP, breeding out very powerful units, gets around the MC weakness of getting no powerful genetic traits, and gives you access to Fission, which is inheritable and combos into multiple powerful spells.
5. Narah; decent growths, can mitigate Death, snowball Lust Resistance (at the cost of killing max morale), gives an alternate method to recruiting (for Hostile & Gacha runs), and has Water Path which can help a mermaid team make their way to enemies.

Note that playing as Vera does not give you access to Blood Magic, otherwise she'd also be a contender. Monsters/non-humanoid Spirits cannot be chosen, otherwise I'd also recommend Sky Worm and Horror.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Seriously though, that second picture is adorable.
Adorable as she is, the transition between "god I'm so bored" and "can I has your soul?" in her expression is a bit unsettling, lol.

Pity about the 4th character being an extended tutorial though, as much as I agree that the game definitely needs to hand hold new players more, instead of just throwing everything and the kitchen sink at them from the start and expecting them to know what to do.
Still, I always wanted a potential mystery 4th character to be this really disgruntled average joe who's fed up with all the god nonsense and takes it upon himself to end the cycle, kinda like the druid but without the righteousness and abilities, I mean, the guy just wants to take a nap without having to wonder if the world is going to end meanwhile because a god farted.
Skill-wise, he'd use something like the rpgs of old, start as a complete nobody who can barely hold a sword, eventually pick a class/specialization and grab progressively stronger skills (and higher stats) as he levels.

I thought about this way more than I should have. It's a power fantasy thing, I guess.

4.10 star(s) 79 Votes