Oct 5, 2020
Speaking of, I just added all the MC bonuses for all the characters I currently have unlocked to the Wiki. I dont have the following currently, so if anyone could fill those in that'd be great; Natashlia, Nyva, Rena, Desna, Lina, Yurei, Sharra, Evel, Orana, Roctu, Zil, Xroha, Vilyn.

Those aside, here's my thoughts on some of the best MC bonuses:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Additionally, Hebi and the Overseer have both been nerfed through this new system; world hostility starts higher when playing as them. I thought this was kind of weird because the Valys twins got off with no nerf, despite their Energy bomb & Railgun skills being insanely good.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Nagirte

Frargus

Oct 29, 2022
Version 22.0.1 is publicly out on the Patreon as of ~four hours ago. Just alerting whoever maintains the thread's OP.

Reactions: Settum

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Pity about the overseer being enormous and not fitting in most portals and about the alt end humans starting at 1 hp and having 0 protection because they don't spawn with the mana tanks. It does make it challenging and they're still OP beyond belief early on, it just makes playing them long term not a very realistic option, especially the overseer.

sgb3

Dec 14, 2019
I'm personally not a fan of nerfing things in a single player game unless they were utterly broken, bugged, or unintended. IMO it's almost always better to buff the weak and underused stuff than take things away and homogenize the player's options.

Boobsette

Jul 15, 2020
Wouldn't a modified version of the druid level up system work well with the new MC system, Modified as in simply replacing the druid specific upgrades with Species Exclusive Upgrades depending on who your playing as or just generic upgrades

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
Working on completing the gallery, couple questions about new stuff:

How do you unlock Veila ("Hebi's master" in the gallery)? Sounds like either something related to playing as Crea or fighting fully corrupted Crea but I'm not looking forward to blindly feeling around the game until I run into it...

Is the StaticGirl from any specific rare biome or just a completely random rare spawn? If its a new biome, any special rules for it to spawn?

Altruant

Feb 20, 2021
Man why does Druid always get the short end of the straw if he is supposedly so "weak" compared to the other MC's advantages?

Nagirte

Feb 28, 2018
How do you unlock Veila ("Hebi's master" in the gallery)? Sounds like either something related to playing as Crea or fighting fully corrupted Crea but I'm not looking forward to blindly feeling around the game until I run into it...
She's a new addition to the gallery, so it's entirely possible she's not available yet.

Is the StaticGirl from any specific rare biome or just a completely random rare spawn? If its a new biome, any special rules for it to spawn?
Extremely rare (1/3000 chance) spawn. Only requirement is that it's a portal that allows spirits to spawn.

Nagirte

Feb 28, 2018
Man why does Druid always get the short end of the straw if he is supposedly so "weak" compared to the other MC's advantages?
IDK if I'll get any pushback here, but I honestly consider Creation the weakest MC. Her gimmick is completely antithetical to how you gain power (accumulating huge, exponentially empowering genetic traits). Druid on the other hand is the best support unit in the game.

With HiddenPower Creation gets a little better, because you can assemble a team of slime spreaders & then summon a shitload of tentacles, at least.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
Druid gets all kinds of little advantages to make his playthrough easier than the other MCs though:

-Extra workforce gains and starting relationship with the king
-Starts with Druid spear which is a neat starter weapon
-Gets that event with the random followers that craft him a druid armor (with a strong effect of being invincible for 1 turn once per battle)
-Normal ending final battle they only need to fight one of the rivals

Probably some other stuff I'm forgetting too. Also this one is a bit more arguable, but the fact the druid levels with only exp and has no need to look for or train basespecies characters to gain skillpoints means they can just abuse the infinite scaling of the arena's daily battle to reach their full power, while I feel Evo and Crea need to work a bit harder for it.

Also the druid unit itself can be a bit cracked with the right build, give them a starting profession like Biologist or God for the extra skillpoints, rock affinity for extra armor if you have it, traits like potential and hidden power if you have it unlocked.

If you max out the agility side of the druid's dexterity skill tree you will get the mobile (also known as "agile") trait as well as skills like jump, swipe, and backstab (+ sidestep if you have hidden power, which is an incredibly powerful skill). Get as many strength points from the strength skill tree as you can, armor points from the endurance skill tree (also from the magic skill tree if you have rock affinity). I also like to get the "Companion3" ability from the summoner side of the seduction skill tree for an extra tanky and disposable body on the field. If you have the patience for it, get the 200 points reward from Castalia in the library and pick the berserker trait, it combos really well with this build as you can gain 3-4 strength buffs per turn.

You will not be as strong as a fully maxed out godform Evo, but this build was enough to get me through the difficulty 600% and ascension 10 challenges in short runs without much trouble.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
But he's a dude.
New update has fem/futa alternative version for the Druid. As well as male version for Crea.
She's a new addition to the gallery, so it's entirely possible she's not available yet.

Extremely rare (1/3000 chance) spawn. Only requirement is that it's a portal that allows spirits to spawn.
Thank you. Ended up checking the discord too. Veila gets unlocked after a Crea win playthrough, she cannot be found anywhere in the game for now though. Managed to find a static girl too, grinded it out with lure in an elemental portal.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
My opinions, druids good early, but Crea's better late. Crea's four passive minions can be insanely broken, specially when combined with the fact that you can pretty easily get normally unobtainable minions. Like Evo's special forms.

But nothing beats Evo for raw power. She can build insane minions, and she can get herself to the point where she can easily solo even the hardest content in the game.

Altruant

Feb 20, 2021
Druid gets all kinds of little advantages to make his playthrough easier than the other MCs though:

-Extra workforce gains and starting relationship with the king
-Starts with Druid spear which is a neat starter weapon
-Gets that event with the random followers that craft him a druid armor (with a strong effect of being invincible for 1 turn once per battle)
-Normal ending final battle they only need to fight one of the rivals

Probably some other stuff I'm forgetting too. Also this one is a bit more arguable, but the fact the druid levels with only exp and has no need to look for or train basespecies characters to gain skillpoints means they can just abuse the infinite scaling of the arena's daily battle to reach their full power, while I feel Evo and Crea need to work a bit harder for it.

Also the druid unit itself can be a bit cracked with the right build, give them a starting profession like Biologist or God for the extra skillpoints, rock affinity for extra armor if you have it, traits like potential and hidden power if you have it unlocked.

If you max out the agility side of the druid's dexterity skill tree you will get the mobile (also known as "agile") trait as well as skills like jump, swipe, and backstab (+ sidestep if you have hidden power, which is an incredibly powerful skill). Get as many strength points from the strength skill tree as you can, armor points from the endurance skill tree (also from the magic skill tree if you have rock affinity). I also like to get the "Companion3" ability from the summoner side of the seduction skill tree for an extra tanky and disposable body on the field. If you have the patience for it, get the 200 points reward from Castalia in the library and pick the berserker trait, it combos really well with this build as you can gain 3-4 strength buffs per turn.

You will not be as strong as a fully maxed out godform Evo, but this build was enough to get me through the difficulty 600% and ascension 10 challenges in short runs without much trouble.
I know about all the abilities of the Druid, I'm just saying, compared to the top MC Evo who has always been at the top and has gotten even stronger since, why touch a random middling MC now?

It's like there is a meta, the top 1 percent cut play one hero but then in the update, they nerf a random other hero making the meta even more dominant. It doesn't make sense.

And Druid most powerful ability has always been the Blood magic anyway, making extremely powerful unit. But even that is just a lesser version of Create and Evo and required killing the king to get.

But sure, recently with fusion you can still make Seedlings with 9 traits and high genes easily. But so what. It is stuck there and never at the level of other MC's absolute peak.

Let's say I bring three max gene Magic unit that deal 100 aoe damage each turns to kill the Creator Gods after killing the Overseer. But that is just it. That is Druid's peak. Low peak and quick start is the thing. And now suddenly he is nerfed again.

But at the same time he has a dick so maybe...

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
I know about all the abilities of the Druid, I'm just saying, compared to the top MC Evo who has always been at the top and has gotten even stronger since, why touch a random middling MC now?
[...]
Let's say I bring three max gene Magic unit that deal 100 aoe damage each turns to kill the Creator Gods after killing the Overseer. But that is just it. That is Druid's peak. Low peak and quick start is the thing. And now suddenly he is nerfed again.
I mean I think you answered your own question, Druid is easy and reliable with a quick start, but has a low peak compared to other characters. If I need to start a new playthrough to go unlock a specific thing and I'm not in the mood to go through the hassle of filling out Evo and Crea's skill trees, then I can just play Druid.

Even lore wise the goal of the Druid was always "drain both new gods power, while they are still weak, to end the cycle". Stands to reason their peak is much weaker than that of the other two.

4.10 star(s) 79 Votes