tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
New folder did not help, ill try redownloading the previous version.
Meanwhile are the files I might try deleting on the hidden app-data folder?
There's no hidden folders that I know of. I only did a quick dig through, and there wasn't anything hidden in appdata or programdata. The game saves all of it's info into the save data folder kept in the main game folder

Reactions: mello77

Tittybomb

Mar 18, 2019
It's absolutely stupid; but the change they made to how skill points at character creation are set has absolutely killed my interest in this game despite playing it off and on for so long, lol. It's not like there's even 50 skill points worth of talents to take or anything, but the simple fact that I can't just pop open cheat engine and give myself whatever anymore makes me not give a shit to play now. Welp, that's been my two cents; time to find a new game to waste hours on.

Settum

Jan 10, 2019
It's absolutely stupid; but the change they made to how skill points at character creation are set has absolutely killed my interest in this game despite playing it off and on for so long, lol. It's not like there's even 50 skill points worth of talents to take or anything, but the simple fact that I can't just pop open cheat engine and give myself whatever anymore makes me not give a shit to play now. Welp, that's been my two cents; time to find a new game to waste hours on.
You pretty much still can cheat and get virtually everything with the help of bonus and hard mode. It's unlikely you'll use all of the starting traits/helps anyway. You do, however, need to finish at least one game (for that purpose, you can easily cheat your hp and lust bar so you basically never die in fights) on hard (extreme?) to unlock those. Lastly, you can easily cheat MC gene numbers by save editing, though it doesn't matter much for anyone but Crea and Oriel since Evo and Druid stats aren't tied to genes.
For that sake, I'll quickly run down the traits I have in my current run (only at challenge 2 for now, I lack 20 achievements, since I only finished once with Crea and Oriel). Some traits will cost more or less because of blue bonus.
Let's start with the point buffs:
- Fragile (-4) halves mp and hp every time you die. Dunno if it's only for the MC but that does make it more challenging, similar to the death instead of injury difficulty setting.
- Hard (-5) difficulty/enemy strength scales quicker and they have higher cap. This one is fun and gives more points that the similar setting in difficulty
- Bonus (-10) Just free points. The reward for doing the 600% difficulty achievement.
- Lone wolf (-4) Start with 0 home capacity and only 1 farm slot. This one is a bit hard, but unless you are trying to breed or get loads of resources, you can easily mitigate with extra tents.
(Just on these, you have 23 extra points.)
Now, the actual traits:
- Strong, Beautiful, Eagle Eyed, Resilient, Intelligent, Fast (31 total). The gene traits. Some used to be bugged or didn't matter for Evo and Druid, I think they do now. Essential for breeding, though you can get 3 extra genes (4?) during gameplay, thus having 6 already might actually be a downside. You only need one character with Eagle Eyed in the party anyway.
- Lucky (3) Slightly increased chances?/better events - You can actually get it during play at a town event (portals) although usually after 10 days, so not for everyone.
- Cook (3) Cook while camping for double food efficiency. Can be taught to any character not only MC at town.
- Herbalist (2) allows finding herbs while scavenging. Although some unique characters have it, you can already find herbs on the map in portals.
- Perceptive (3) more events. Worth taking.
- Swimmer (3) can swim and access deep water without mount. Almost useless if going water, Evo can transform and rest of the part still needs to be able to breathe thus a mount is often necessary anyway.
- Magic Adapt (3) 30% more mana. Great Trait another good pick.
- Focused (3) +2 LRes. Great pick, but lack of can be mitigated by sex skill.
- Potential (5) +5 Max Lv. Being able to get to level 25 is amazing and can get out of hand fast.
- Experienced (4) Base genes unlocked for Crea and Evo. Only good for virgin and lazy runs... or breeding ones.
- Endurance (2) Double max Stamina for MC. Another Lazy one, though not that bad. Especially if waiting for eggs or events at home.
- Adaptable (4) Being able to take 10 permanent potions rather than 5 is extremely good.
- Equipped (3) Get some basic equipment, maybe some rare too. Worthless. You literally start with similar gear by talking around town and doing a few arena battles.
- Giant Hunter (3) Start with 100 boss baits. Since bosses don't scale, it's suicide trying to fight them on days before 5 anyway. By then, you'll encounter one in a portal and will be able to make baits yourself anyway.
- Hatcher (10) Eggs start with one day of progress. This is a must for any self respecting breeders, but beware, they can get out of hand and start draining on your resources if you don't dispose, sell, make them work.
- Artificier (3) Artifact uses double. Nowadays, some artifacts have certain number of uses per battle, though some remain that are expendable. Still good, just not a must like it used to.
- Favored (5) King Quests are optional. To be fair, the King is also optional ;) .
- Tavern Points (5) Start at D rank. Dunno why anyone would pick that. You can get there in a day or two.
- Established (5) Stat with 3 resource giving buildings and 1 crystal farm. Nice for a start, but you can mine better in portals early on anyway.
- Protector (3) Start with the Protect Skill. Possibly okay for a tank MC, but skills are already contested and some MCs can learn it anyway.
- Purity (5) Gain LRes +10. Focused on CRACK so Duh, yeah!
- Familiar (10) Loyal character stats grow faster and hatched eggs are loyal. Dunno if it's bugged, even without this I got a lot of loyal characters for some reason. It's probably a nice combo with Hatcher, though, but you are still capped to 5 party members so having an army of loyal characters becomes quickly unnecessary.
- Rebirth (5) Allows a rebirth once per game, resetting a character and upgrading genes/growth. No idea what it does.
- Partner (5) Can immediately recruit a town NPC. This one is even worse than Tavern Points. Just bribe them, date them, do their thing and recruit them. Very easy.
- Anomaly (10) Special hybrid species might spawn instead of other random/native ones. Spoiler. It can spoil it, but if someone cheats they already know how to make some of those anyway. It probably randomizes a game quite a lot, but might allow one to get some very strong species very early.
- Breeder (5) Gene Trait. Good only if you are breeding them yourself. Hint, only good for Evo.
- Lover (3) Double chances of relationship quest. 90% relationship party member gains 3 Strength/Magic charges. Great trait, among the snowbally types.
- Famous (5) Relationship with Town NPCs start at 30. Read Partner and Tavern Points.
- Prepared (8) Starters start at max level, gaint additional equipment. This one is pretty good and allows you to really start difficult quests early. With the God profession and having your starters with Potential and Ancient Power, it just makes it insanely good. Use it for Cheese or for quick breeding (since level scales fertility and virility). Turns out, all your starters start at max level, so if for some reason you get more of them... yeah.
- Head Start (6) Start with an Offspring of your starting characters. It takes 3 days, maybe 2, or even 1, depending on traits, to do the same. Not worth it, usually.
- Tentacle (3) Start with a maxlevel10 tentacle companion.
- BossnameAlly (10) Start with a maxlevel10 mini boss companion.

Without the cheese, you can easily get most of the useful traits you want and edit save the rest (genes, for example). Hopefully, anyone searching for starting traits will see this, and others can fill the missing ones/copy them to the wiki guide with their own take on them.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
I don't get it, what did they change that has you so pissed off? The skill point system has basically been the same for a long ass time now. Nothing has meaningfully changed there aside from dropping some of the longer game modes, which is too bad but definitely not a big deal.

There's absolutely 50 skill points worth of talents to take. Do you just like, not have anything unlocked?

And you can absolutely still just use cheat engine. Someone posted the new tables a couple pages back.

Settum

Jan 10, 2019
I don't get it, what did they change that has you so pissed off? The skill point system has basically been the same for a long ass time now. Nothing has meaningfully changed there aside from dropping some of the longer game modes, which is too bad but definitely not a big deal.

There's absolutely 50 skill points worth of talents to take. Do you just like, not have anything unlocked?

And you can absolutely still just use cheat engine. Someone posted the new tables a couple pages back.
They changed the 50 starting points max or rather, the skill points to 4 or 5 states, which automatically give the specific points, thus, you can't just add 2500 points if you edit the genes to 20, for example. A poster a few dozen posts back or so mentioned it. Hell, you can't even search for the points since they aren't present as variables.

TheBlindSteve

May 14, 2017
Pretty easy fix, one that doesn't even require knowledge if you're willing to look through a bunch of files with something like DNspy, or just grab my cheats I made, here. It sucks that you need to edit game files to get more skill points now, but everything else works fine.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
They changed the 50 starting points max or rather, the skill points to 4 or 5 states, which automatically give the specific points, thus, you can't just add 2500 points if you edit the genes to 20, for example. A poster a few dozen posts back or so mentioned it. Hell, you can't even search for the points since they aren't present as variables.
OOOOOHHHhhhhhhhhhhh....

So the guy just really sucks at cheating, got it.

That's an even stupider complaint than I thought. If you're going to cheat anyways, just edit your save to give yourself whatever you want.

Settum

Jan 10, 2019
Which is why I replied in such a way, where you can pretty much start with everything you need and edit the rest afterwards.

xeran po

Oct 19, 2022
If you mean produce as in "produce: plant matter" on a plant girl or "produce: dark matter" on a spectre, then the unit needs to be paired in the farm.
So i just pair em up and use milk option? And do i need the same type on both side or any would work?

márk doszpoth

Jan 20, 2018
Hello everyone i played this game for a lomg time and even then i dont know everything ( never finished the game) as i mostly play on free play and i dont really understand just 1 thing about it
It said that to increase your world level you need to claim a portal by 80%

BUT i did a portal to 100% battle and exploration and it didnt increase so what is this all about is that free play is mostly to screw around for now or am i missing something?

This is the latest version as of now in 2023.2.6

Please help :'(

PixelLewd

Jan 31, 2022
So am I misunderstanding how you unlock Hybrids in the Gallery and as Starters, cause it says I just need to get them to level 10. I'm using Version 0.22.0.1 and while I admit I'm using cheat codes to an extent, I'm also using the mod/file/cheat from a gentleman a few pages back which allows you to still unlocks traits, professions, achievements, and gallery things even after using cheats in your run, which has indeed worked for basically everything else.

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
So am I misunderstanding how you unlock Hybrids in the Gallery and as Starters, cause it says I just need to get them to level 10. I'm using Version 0.22.0.1 and while I admit I'm using cheat codes to an extent, I'm also using the mod/file/cheat from a gentleman a few pages back which allows you to still unlocks traits, professions, achievements, and gallery things even after using cheats in your run, which has indeed worked for basically everything else.
Leveling up to 10 or above, yeah. If you mincontrol or recruit a unit lvl 10+ you have to level it up once.

Reactions: FetishFocusedNerd

PixelLewd

Jan 31, 2022
So in case anyone cared to know more about this I figured out the obvious "issue/problem", it's simply a case of if your save/run is flagged as cheated, like with most of the other things, you cannot unlock the Hybrids as starters even if you got a level 20 or higher one. Yes it shoulda been obvious I know, but again as I stated, I was using TheBlindSteve's file on page 175 that allows you to unlock stuff even after using cheats. So it seems like unlocking Hybrids is checked differently to the rest of the unlockables as its the only thing so far I noticed couldn't be unlocked while using said file.

You may now point and laugh at me.

TheBlindSteve

May 14, 2017
So in case anyone cared to know more about this I figured out the obvious "issue/problem", it's simply a case of if your save/run is flagged as cheated, like with most of the other things, you cannot unlock the Hybrids as starters even if you got a level 20 or higher one. Yes it shoulda been obvious I know, but again as I stated, I was using TheBlindSteve's file on page 175 that allows you to unlock stuff even after using cheats. So it seems like unlocking Hybrids is checked differently to the rest of the unlockables as its the only thing so far I noticed couldn't be unlocked while using said file.

You may now point and laugh at me.
Maybe you didn't use my updated file, I'm pretty sure I fixed that issue, I just tested on a blank unlockables and was able to get a hyrbid as a starter whilst cheating. Also not that it matters, but you only need them to reach level 10. IF you downloaded the original one you should update to V2, I left the older file in case someone would want it, but I'm not sure why someone would want a less functional mod so I just removed the old one.

4.10 star(s) 79 Votes