tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
I cannot for the life of me decide if I like or hate the new date system. When it's working it's great, but when it's not its so god damn frustrating. Like, holy fuck is it really easy to just get stuck at zero lust and completely stuck in a loop where you can't do anything.

It feels really snowbally, where you need to get a date rolling from the start, but if you fail to hit the early lust increases in the right order you just completely wasted your time entirely. The goal was to create more variety, but the current system feels like it's going to make me have to min/max the deck perfectly or it doesn't work.

Big Green

Aug 19, 2017
I cannot for the life of me decide if I like or hate the new date system. When it's working it's great, but when it's not its so god damn frustrating. Like, holy fuck is it really easy to just get stuck at zero lust and completely stuck in a loop where you can't do anything.

It feels really snowbally, where you need to get a date rolling from the start, but if you fail to hit the early lust increases in the right order you just completely wasted your time entirely. The goal was to create more variety, but the current system feels like it's going to make me have to min/max the deck perfectly or it doesn't work.
Dev went for irl experience lmao.

MasterN64

Apr 29, 2020

My exact thoughts as well. Using the stats as more of a currency to play cards instead of just a hard limit on being able to play them is pretty interesting but if you want a system like that you cant start at 0 with a deck as small as what you are given. You are practically guaranteed to never have a large portion of your deck be those cheap cards so drawing them to get an engine going is a pain. There could be something im missing though since at the best of times the game is super esoteric and cryptic. Nothing is really explained well in any sense of the word. Like nobody ever figures out what anything in the game means or how it works by reading the tooltips. You just kind of have to stumble through it till you finally figure it out because there never is a good description of how almost anything works.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Dev went for irl experience lmao.
I thought the exact same thing this morning lol

My exact thoughts as well. Using the stats as more of a currency to play cards instead of just a hard limit on being able to play them is pretty interesting but if you want a system like that you cant start at 0 with a deck as small as what you are given. You are practically guaranteed to never have a large portion of your deck be those cheap cards so drawing them to get an engine going is a pain. There could be something im missing though since at the best of times the game is super esoteric and cryptic. Nothing is really explained well in any sense of the word. Like nobody ever figures out what anything in the game means or how it works by reading the tooltips. You just kind of have to stumble through it till you finally figure it out because there never is a good description of how almost anything works.
Yeah, pretty much. There's just some pacing and balancing issues for the type of card game it is.

There needs to be more low cost actions. Right now I have one zero-cost, and two one-cost cards. That's just, flat out not enough. And I cant' find anymore. I'm honestly not sure if more exist for my character. The problem is that I need to often draw these cards 5 times in a row in order to unlock the early overpowers.

This is a double problem, because there's also far more high cost cards available, so getting more low cost cards with the RNG purchasing system is really hard.

One option would be a more deterministic way to get new cards. Let me just straight up buy new cards directly without having to hope for RNG to give them to me.

Another problem, the way the exp/level system works you eventually *stop* being able to get new cards. You better have the cards you need, because eventually you're going to stop getting rolls.

I really think that they should take out the exp scaling per level. Just make it a flat amount. Let me cycle new cards in and out quickly. If the goal is for us to rotate out the initial cards so we can acquire better upgraded cards, the game needs to provide more opportunities to pull cards.

That's the number one change I want to see. Keep the cost of getting new cards low and consistent.

sgb3

Dec 14, 2019
It feels like the dev took that aborted brothel card game he demoed once, and has clearly still been tinkering with, and is now just trying to make it a full on mini-game within PoP instead. Which I'm cool with, but it clearly needed a lot more testing before he jams it into releases like this.

Anyway, there's almost always a bugfix release a few days later so I may just wait for that and see if he adjusts things.

Mar 7, 2023
Time to provide something that maybe 1% of the people want, CHEATING DOESN'T PREVENT UNLOCKABLES. Sure I can understand the balancing aspect but this is a singleplayer game, and I like to earn my achievables even if I sometimes cheat for them. This does not however prevent your score from saying you cheated, but you (should) be able to unlock everything you can without cheating, provided you are on a correct difficulty mode.

WHAT, you want to be able to unlock stuff even under 100% modifier? Alright I got you, you dirty dog, added an optional upgrade that gives easy mode a 100% modifier, ensuring you will always be able to unlock basic stuff. WHAT YOU WANT MORE TRAITS, fuck it another optional upgrade that does the same as above, but makes the starting x1 20P for both MC and Starters give you 999 points to spend, although it doesn't update in the difficulty screen.

WARNING DO NOT INSTALL WITH A DIFFERENT VERSION, IT WILL BREAK YOUR GAME, most up to date for 0.23.01.
I recommend keeping a backup of your original Assembly-CSharp.dll, to install simply drag and drop your preferred cheating .dll to PortalsOfPhereon_Data\Managed In case you have the brain of a goldfish, instructions and a brief description are included in the folder(s) themselves.
-edit
Fixed not unlocking achievements that require you to win the game whilst cheating, update if that matters to you otherwise V2 is the exact same.
New version of the game is out on the patreon

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
For those bummed out about the cheat flag, here is a way around it. Take your save to saveeditoronline.com, hit CTRL+F to bring up the search window and type in "cheat". There should be a flag that's something to the effect of "hasCheated" or something like that. It's either a 1 or a 0, changing that to 0 removes the cheating flag.

MasterN64

Apr 29, 2020
Having more time to mess around with the date mechanic it seems like its actually pretty good aside from getting swamped with a bunch of nothing cards from the partner. I dont know if im missing something or not but they never cycle away unless you click them and when you do it lowers their lewdity and screws you. It really doesnt help that the game explains fuck all of the mechanics or how anything actually works.

imelman

May 15, 2018
So new patch has gave plenty of changes, which I could say are a good thing, if not outright features that should be kept in. But not before discussing the elephant in the room.

The dating change is arguably the major thing in this update; turning from a system that could get insane results if you get lucky with upgrades/weakspot/gambling decks to a more complex system that makes it harder to get massive results, but also makes events much easier to get, so that's a thing that I like - yes, dating is harder as a result of those changes, but with less insane results like with breeding change in previous update, I can think of more stable gameplay in the future.

The tooltips on gallery when it comes to passives/special abilities is a nice touch, since it allows you to know in advance what it does, especially the new global passive abilities certain unique/special characters got. Many of them making said characters more relevant at later stages of the game, but also giving them identity, notably the already good insect mercenary getting an ability that heals at the end of turn as long you have energy for it. Some of said abilities used to be their main abilities as playable characters, but I know they will get their extra on top of their passive later on.

Naturally, the dating change makes raising lewdity on characters harder unless you get proper card order/upgrades, but for characters who already start with high amounts of it like the brothel lady is still not a problem to get. But for others it makes dating modifier more meaningful than it was before, partner trait less useless, and famous more impactful due to dating being harder.

The general character ambush event is now more valuable than above-average genes by giving said ambushed characters special values, like being more beautiful on average and so on, not unlike how intelligence world modifier makes wild characters more desirable for their special traits that are not easy to get on other characters easier. And that's on top of biome related events which give them more identity and reason to go there.

imelman

May 15, 2018
Now let me share some experiences with post-update creator character; it was quite a special experience to recognize that their strength mostly comes from being able to easily fill the blanks and summoning characters that are otherwise hard to get like seals, or ones that normally have undesirable passives like the portal ripper creature into something that stays that way and with traits you want. Yes, makes elementalist and such less useful on them, but mechanist doesn't seem to be a bad thing, if only the fact there's plenty of competition in form of other characters, but still, being a class with heavy reliance on summoned characters due to abilities you want and soul fragment effect instead of bred characters like with shapeshifter. Of course, I am saying this since it was post-patch which gave the ability to give free adapts on said characters, because before that, it was weaker than its competitor, but now it is as good as the other, especially if you get get shapeshifters special forms as units, since they still confer their effects like strength form giving 25 carry capacity each, which stacks with each other and unique character that gives 100, which gives you highest possible carry capacity with merchant trait. It is already overkill, but still, such power for elite-grade characters is their strength to compete with.

The druid on other hand is arguably the weakest character nowadays, since creator with growth traits can reach about the same, if not outright higher statline with levels, while druid has to level each of their trees individually, which takes a long time without rushing bosses(giant hunter trait)early on, which is mostly shapeshifter strat with harpy essences/characters to burst through. And the fact that male creator can rival, if not surpass druid in combat due to growth combined with skill that can be used each turn to deliver a free attack. Skills are still versatile, and so the utility, especially effective dates which give easier time to raise relation in the new dating system, as well being able to juggle the king considering that you no longer have reputation based safety net now(but the game still has descriptions related to it). Yes, you still have blood fairies which are solid characters and being able to boost character growth using that, as well the special elemental seedling that is quite powerful if used proper, but when you progress slower than the other characters in terms of character level, seedlings being slower to raise to full potential than spirits and hidden power trait being mandatory if you want to ever become comparable to them in the long run, I can say for sure they need further changes if they need to be competitive to others.

And yes, stone element still gives 2 armor to main characters, but for shapeshifter, that only applies until they change their form, so its not exactly adapted to system that relies on summons over stat bonuses. And professions that give percentage based bonuses to main characters like knight are still only good for shapeshifter because other characters only get the base stat boost which doesn't apply when leveling up, making it not desirable for such classes in the long run.

Dec 14, 2019
Time to provide something that maybe 1% of the people want, CHEATING DOESN'T PREVENT UNLOCKABLES. Sure I can understand the balancing aspect but this is a singleplayer game, and I like to earn my achievables even if I sometimes cheat for them. This does not however prevent your score from saying you cheated, but you (should) be able to unlock everything you can without cheating, provided you are on a correct difficulty mode.

WHAT, you want to be able to unlock stuff even under 100% modifier? Alright I got you, you dirty dog, added an optional upgrade that gives easy mode a 100% modifier, ensuring you will always be able to unlock basic stuff. WHAT YOU WANT MORE TRAITS, fuck it another optional upgrade that does the same as above, but makes the starting x1 20P for both MC and Starters give you 999 points to spend, although it doesn't update in the difficulty screen.

WARNING DO NOT INSTALL WITH A DIFFERENT VERSION, IT WILL BREAK YOUR GAME, most up to date for 0.23.01.
I recommend keeping a backup of your original Assembly-CSharp.dll, to install simply drag and drop your preferred cheating .dll to PortalsOfPhereon_Data\Managed In case you have the brain of a goldfish, instructions and a brief description are included in the folder(s) themselves.
-edit
Fixed not unlocking achievements that require you to win the game whilst cheating, update if that matters to you otherwise V2 is the exact same.
I am part of the 1% that would love an update to this, haha

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
PortalsOfPhereon-0.24.0.1
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

TheBlindSteve

May 14, 2017
New version of the game is out on the patreon
I am part of the 1% that would love an update to this, haha
Yep sorry, been lazy and busy I'll start working on it today, should be out in less then an hour.
For those bummed out about the cheat flag, here is a way around it. Take your save to saveeditoronline.com, hit CTRL+F to bring up the search window and type in "cheat". There should be a flag that's something to the effect of "hasCheated" or something like that. It's either a 1 or a 0, changing that to 0 removes the cheating flag.
My mod prevents the game from giving you the negative effects of cheating, so you can actively cheat without constantly save editing, link here. It's not up to date just yet but give it an hour and it'll be.
-edit
Update complete sorry it took so long.

Last edited:

Simp Cattu

Feb 5, 2019
I have absolutely no idea how the dating system works. The tooltips didn't help, if anything it just made the whole experience more confusing. I tried clicking around to see which number is which but at the end I still have no clue how any of them works. What is resistance? How to do anything? I tried every button but they either said "lower lust goal first" (which I don't even know is which number on the screen) or just adds more time on the clock. Had a 7-hour date and couldn't do anything other than waiting and sometimes flirting (raising the lewdity to 1 but then the wait card just pushed it down to 0 again). Would really, really appreciate if someone can show me how to do it, preferably with some images, because I'm very close to just giving up now.

Reactions: hyfka

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
Damn... this is definitely one of the more difficult games to get into. So many options and menu's with very little direction. It's kinda weird playing an adult game that's more complicated than CK3
& Old World. :HideThePain:

Dec 14, 2019
Yep sorry, been lazy and busy I'll start working on it today, should be out in less then an hour.

My mod prevents the game from giving you the negative effects of cheating, so you can actively cheat without constantly save editing, link here. It's not up to date just yet but give it an hour and it'll be.
-edit
Update complete sorry it took so long.
You were plenty fast. Thanks!

Shynasha

Mar 19, 2019
New date system is a mess, it's pure RNG, and the RNG is way too bad. Some character, I would easily get them to max lewd, some other I wouldn't but with enough time I could, now even the most simple character is absolute P A I N .

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
New date system is a mess, it's pure RNG, and the RNG is way too bad. Some character, I would easily get them to max lewd, some other I wouldn't but with enough time I could, now even the most simple character is absolute P A I N .
Agreed, I really enjoy deck builder-type games, but this is a mess. The game doesn't really explain much. I'm assuming cards get diminishing returns the more they're played or enemies build up lust resistance as the date progresses? Cards increasing in cost as the date goes on makes it worse. I've been getting stuck in negative score loops that I can't recover from. :cautious:

4.10 star(s) 79 Votes