sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
It's best not to have morale drop at all.
But if you do, the most efficient cure is simply to give them great sex. With decent sex skills on your MC it doesn't take a full session. Consider having a sex God on the Sexservice job, if you somehow end up with super low morale across the board.

Town NPCs, while immortal, are best used as kickstarters for early specialized breeding. I'd typically fire them once they maxed their exhaustion. I like keeping Sylvie around, but multiple NPCs would require too much investment - better spent elsewhere.

If that wasn't mentioned: you can train sex skills in battle. Just spend the last turn spending your unspent AP into sex. That's especially worthwhile for MC, who needs a bunch of different partners.

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
Really wish exhaustion was better balanced. My main has plenty of options for getting rid of it quickly, including resting for 6 hours to kill 50 exhaustion as often as needed, while my portal team can get rid of less than half of that only once per day at best. And that's after buying two home upgrades, giving two of them my bedroom and the others luxury rooms. Feels like I missed the punch line somewhere. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but my team is always worn out while my main runs laps around them without breaking a sweat.

BlazeWizard

Oct 5, 2018
Take the doctor origin, or some monster with the doctor trait and camp after someone gets injured (doctors can only recover injuries received in the current portal they're in). You can also purchase the infirmary which will give resting injured characters with high morale a chance to remove injuries. Finally, if you go to the market in town (Tavern or Store > Market) you can find a healer there.

-LMG-

Dec 4, 2018
Anyone got a cheat engine table for this game? I've been trying make one myself, but... it's shit. Mainly because I can't wrap my head around how to use cheat engine efficiently and effectively.

-LMG-

Dec 4, 2018
Much easier, but doesn't let me screw around quite as much or as often as I would like.

GanjaEyez

Aug 30, 2018
Anyone got a cheat engine table for this game? I've been trying make one myself, but... it's shit. Mainly because I can't wrap my head around how to use cheat engine efficiently and effectively.
I made one for myself: moves(AP) Health Mana for MC ..... Will update and post soon

But really Once you understand the game Its Ez as pie without cheats PS Creation is OP.

Reactions: -LMG-

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
As a reminder, the wiki is there:

It's clearly indicated in OP, of course, so there's no way anyone missed that... Right? :geek:

-LMG-

Dec 4, 2018
Syvaron has a Twitter if anyone was wondering:
They pretty much only post art for the game

SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
Really surprised this game does not have a greater following.

Even in its current state it's very stable and playable. It has original and, in my eyes, gorgeous art (really dig that watercolor-styling). It's an actual game with detailed mechanics and a lot of variables to toy around with. Also, obviously, pron.

While the pacing is kind of all over the place (some parts of the game seem to favor months-long gameplay, default duration is around 30 days +/- 10 or so), balance is there, but far from perfect, and there's a lot more art that could be added, it's still a solid entertainment for a few weeks at worst. A lot of the "unique" characters feel more like placeholders (basically of little inherent value save for potential unique trait you'll want to snatch and add to your breeding lines), the "dating" part is pretty rudimentary (and a bit confusing in the way it handles Lewdness increase). The town itself, and "home" upgrades, also seem to be in process of development rather than their final form, but again - all of it is already very much not just playable, but genuinely entertaining, and can be quite challenging while you're still learning the game's mechanics.

On the other hand, the game does come with a lot of built-in help explaining core concepts, which is a huge help.

The sheer amount of tools at your disposal can be overwhelming at first. The three main characters play vastly different (frankly, I've only dabbled with Creation and Prince so far, still trying to figure out all the little things to do with Evolution even after a few weeks of regular playing). On top of that, your roster will not only vary depending on your playstyle (and species) preference, but also availability of the randomly-generated enemies you can "recruit." You can further specialize roles by the choice of equipment you put on the characters in your current party.

While you will not avoid some combat (unless you choose to play Freestyle, anyway), you don't have to pursue battles much and can still advance - though probably not as well as when being combat-oriented. The town itself provides multiple means of generating income and, after initial Portal harvesting, other resources. In fact, getting just two or three decent Brothel candidates can pretty much turn money into a non-issue. There are multiple "home" upgrades that'll do the same for all game resources, as well (pretty sure this part is not final, either - things get too easy rather fast if you know what you're doing).

The core of the game is the attention to individual characters, though. They all have a LOT of various statistics which affect multiple parts of the game, from combat performance, through brothel earning, to being trade-able goods or breeding candidates.

Main characters are even more detailed, in that you have a lot of freedom to shape them in whatever function you prefer. In Evolution's case (the first futa character), this comes with a built-in mechanics for quite literally changing your function (and shape) as necessary at any point, as long as your exhaustion allows, and "point-buy" system that improves the end result as you progress in the game.

I probably should stop gushing, but this is a really, really good actual game. I thought (and, well, still think) Strive for Power was excellent in the whole "farm/breeding/management" genre, but Portals easily takes the crown through its depth alone.

It might be that the old-version screenshots of the first post are turning people away from an excellent tactical and management title, considering how unimpressive they look compared to current visual state of it.

Anyway, definitely recommend trying.

Rpgfan6622

Aug 23, 2017
Really surprised this game does not have a greater following.
I tried this game when there was only one MC. At that time, combat was easier and raising levels were harder.
I tried it again recently with the three MC's. Now combat is impossible, frustrating and even harder to raise those levels.
Combat is mandatory to play this game and the learning curve is too high. If you want to this game to have a greater following it needs a sandbox free of demands for learning.

SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
Now combat is impossible, frustrating and even harder to raise those levels.
Uh... how is combat "impossible?"

You just need a character with decent strength, HP pool, and preferably a mobile one. Which is pretty much what a basic Centaur will give you. Along with "Charge" ability, that allows attack-after-movement that often will clear a single enemy in one turn.

Try a Centaur with 4-5 points in Strength and level cap bumped up to 8 for a starter character. I haven't really messed around with any other opening combination precisely because I found Centaur (+4-5 Str) and Lymean (+4 magic, +3 mana) the perfect starting combo (basically damage-dealer and a dedicated healer until MC can over that function)

Personally I haven't really used any other hybrid outside of Pegasus for MC pretty much because with decent enough strength (and a Great Sword for AoE attack as soon as I can get one), didn't really find much need to. This is for both Knight profession as well as several tries with others. Knight does make things much easier because of the gear it provides from the get-go.

Going with Pegasus MC and two Centaurs makes every early fight on plains a cakewalk, if you understand positioning and the way combat plays out (basically, kill off high-damage threats if possible in one turn while blocking others, likely tanking with MC). Even the game help points out that the enemy "AI" is pretty dumb, so putting anything in direct contact with them will largely remove any threat of either seduction or magic.

Having a seducer counters any high-HP humanoid "boss" characters hard. The lust mechanics increases damage taken, along with allowing you to "stun" a character for a round.

This game is ultimately way easier than most turn-based tacticals I've played in a while now, but it does require learning its basic concepts. Most battles I have played are resolved in three turns tops, and this includes early fights (healing is there more to keep your party viable for longer exploration, rather than keep up with damage taken during tactical battles).

Combat is mandatory to play this game and the learning curve is too high. If you want to this game to have a greater following it needs a sandbox free of demands for learning.
I sincerely disagree on the difficulty of the learning curve as compared to other games in the genre.

This isn't Dwarf Fortress, and Portals comes with a lot of quick-summary information available in the help ? sections. Yes, you will need to experiment and pay attention to mechanics to "git gud," but the game's pretty lenient when it comes to "suboptimal" player choices.

I'm no expert (as I originally wrote, I'm still finding things out with just one of the MCs), but if there's something specific you struggle with, I might be able to help you out to have an enjoyable experience if you give me enough information on the nature of the problem.

Also, I don't think they could make this any more "sandbox" than they already implemented - the "free play" mode removes all time constraints, which pretty much means you can mess around (and fail) with impunity, though you do need to change that option starting a new game (also, I'd suggest picking "Sparse" or something else to get difficulty rating over 100% to let you unlock stuffs).

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
Seems like everyone sees the steep learning curve as a downside or a negative about the game. I find it's actually a good thing as it makes the gameplay feel as a deeper learning experience. Not to say that a game with simplicity in mind wouldn't be good, hell Doom is still a blast every once and a while, just it seems like people right that off so quickly without giving much thought. I get that it can be frustrating at first when you don't have a clue as to how a game works in any fashion, but that can also add a sense of accomplishment when you give it enough time to develop your understanding of it.

Reactions: Carion_Crow

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
Thank Syvaron.

Not really sure how I feel in the combat changes to be honest. With the old system, it was always a risk to run around in a portal because of how battles would proc randomly. Now, combat is a lot more avoidable since hostile teams now show up on map so it's very easy to avoid fights if you want to, especially the better your team is. Maybe I just haven't warmed up to it, but I'm sensing I may not like this system as much as the older one.

4.10 star(s) 79 Votes