BlazeWizard

Oct 5, 2018
Apparently as creation you can do a ritual with Sylvie and unlock human form, meaning you can create pseudo copies of yourself.

wshantze

Apr 27, 2017
Can't get this to run on linux, getting a black screen on Ubuntu 20.04. Any advice?

Last edited:

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
When I was asked to provide a no-mark cheatable edition, I used AMD (amdgpu, mesa, etc, RX-series) and Mint. Worked fine. I used the Linux build, though, not Wine.

wshantze

Apr 27, 2017
I'm using the linux build as well.
Here's the console output and the log file it mentions.
Code:
Set current directory to /home/djaginoff/Games/POP
Found path: /home/djaginoff/Games/POP/PoP_V0.14.0.1_linux.x86
Mono path[0] = '/home/djaginoff/Games/POP/PoP_V0.14.0.1_linux_Data/Managed'
Mono config path = '/home/djaginoff/Games/POP/PoP_V0.14.0.1_linux_Data/Mono/etc'
Unable to preload the following plugins:
    ScreenSelector.so
Player data archive not found at `/home/djaginoff/Games/POP/PoP_V0.14.0.1_linux_Data/data.unity3d`, using local filesystem
Logging to /home/djaginoff/.config/unity3d/DefaultCompany/PortalsOfPhereon/Player.log
Edit: I edited the preferences file so that the game would run in a 1600x900 window and it booted up just fine. I guess it can't handle full screen for some reason.

Last edited:

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Here's the console output and the log file it mentions. ...
Code:
Error loading ScreenSelector.so: libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Missing library or version issue. If a different version is installed you can try symlinking to it.

Reactions: rcbcgreenpanzer

dual1020

Dec 2, 2017
How do i get the event to see more of Avy's scenes? I saw the images in the gallery but dont know how to trigger them.

Aug 8, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: I edited the preferences file so that the game would run in a 1600x900 window and it booted up just fine. I guess it can't handle full screen for some reason.
You shoud be able to get the dependency you're missing with the command sudo apt-get install libgtk2.0-0.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
You shoud be able to get the dependency you're missing with the command sudo apt-get install libgtk2.0-0.
Depends. Some distros and maintainers may not have same lib version or filename for it. I can't recall what distro they mentioned but if they're on Arch/Endeavour/Manjaro, pacman. Meh, brain-fogged right now. *goes back to watching re-runs of old television shows, baf*

Aug 8, 2017
Depends. Some distros and maintainers may not have same lib version or filename for it. I can't recall what distro they mentioned but if they're on Arch/Endeavour/Manjaro, pacman. Meh, brain-fogged right now. *goes back to watching re-runs of old television shows, baf*
They said Ubuntu, so I searched for that + the library. There's a case that can be made that I should have https://lmgtfy.app/?q=Ubuntu+libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0, but I didn't feel like it.

zelocius

Feb 12, 2019
Hey, i just beaten the king and i dunno if i should kill him or accept his deal
(is he going to want revenge or something or am I going to gain something special by killing him?)
I had a lot of troubles so I would like to be sure to make the right decision...

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
They said Ubuntu, so I searched for that + the library. There's a case that can be made that I should have https://lmgtfy.app/?q=Ubuntu+libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0, but I didn't feel like it.
So tired that I don't even remember posting earlier. Still, it stands that they may need to symlink if their distro's libs don't use the same file name and location. Small case I was making. *shrug*

4.10 star(s) 79 Votes