BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Yup some unity game was unable to run at all at this PC but almost 98% able to run without problem

Um... can i ask where game log or eventvwr place the game say it create event log but i was unable find it on game folder... also i run game with administrator permision and its run but there is 3 type of crashes (Auto close, Heap error and runtime error) i was unable to play at all... for Ram i have 6 gig and game always run at 4gig max or 3.9 gig never go up and my HDD is curretly have 100+gig free space anyway here is the SS
When most softwares crash, Windows records an "Event" in its logs. eventvwr.msc, check under Application(s). As for any other kind of log from the game, if not in its own folders, it may not have created one. As for your RAM...you have practically none available. 6GB is very little in the way of trying to run this on Windows. If you're running 32-bit Windows, your processes are almost all limited to 4GB of allocation (certain API calls to Windows with PAE can circumvent this but most don't implement but Unity does but you don't have the RAM to give it). The game needs more than 4GB to run. Your GPU also shares in RAM usage as well. Honestly, upgrade that to at least 8GB. You're running out of memory at different moments causing different errors. Edit: Just saw screenshots; both can easily be caused by running out of RAM (GC is garbage collection for C# which is used for Unity's scripting API). You'll find most games that are heavily object-oriented (lots of class objects and such, picture complex JRPGs) will eat your RAM, especially if they're on managed languages (C# used by Unity for example). Paging is (simplified explanation) used to compensate for a lack of RAM. Your system writes 'not immediately used but technically allocated' memory from RAM into a file on your HDD/volume and then yields that memory in RAM for a process that requested memory for a task. Swap in, swap out, to prevent running out of memory. Usually the size is managed by your OS but sometimes, I've noticed, Windows screws that up and sets a limit on size. You can try changing the size. *sigh geek spiral sorry*

TLDR: You can try to increase your paging file to compensate. Some games can tolerate being paged but some cannot (due to the way some data may need to be accessed such as in a large-enough amount at a single given time). Given many software needs for RAM I'd recommend setting the upper limit of your paging file to at 8GB. Paging is used in Windows for other things as well. I wouldn't give it more than 8GB though, no reasonable benefit. (More == less chance of anything running out of memory but paging can be harder on a HDD, ESPECIALLY SSDs/NVMes, try NEVER to use paging with them or you'll shorten their lifespan!!!) More info:

TLDR:TLDR: Get more RAM.

Last edited:
Reactions: Giranz

Giranz

Jun 23, 2018
When most softwares crash, Windows records an "Event" in its logs. eventvwr.msc, check under Application(s). As for any other kind of log from the game, if not in its own folders, it may not have created one. As for your RAM...you have practically none available. 6GB is very little in the way of trying to run this on Windows. If you're running 32-bit Windows, your processes are almost all limited to 4GB of allocation (certain API calls to Windows with PAE can circumvent this but most don't implement but Unity does but you don't have the RAM to give it). The game needs more than 4GB to run. Your GPU also shares in RAM usage as well. Honestly, upgrade that to at least 8GB. You're running out of memory at different moments causing different errors. Edit: Just saw screenshots; both can easily be caused by running out of RAM (GC is garbage collection for C# which is used for Unity's scripting API). You'll find most games that are heavily object-oriented (lots of class objects and such, picture complex JRPGs) will eat your RAM, especially if they're on managed languages (C# used by Unity for example). Paging is (simplified explanation) used to compensate for a lack of RAM. Your system writes 'not immediately used but technically allocated' memory from RAM into a file on your HDD/volume and then yields that memory in RAM for a process that requested memory for a task. Swap in, swap out, to prevent running out of memory. Usually the size is managed by your OS but sometimes, I've noticed, Windows screws that up and sets a limit on size. You can try changing the size. *sigh geek spiral sorry*

TLDR: You can try to increase your paging file to compensate. Some games can tolerate being paged but some cannot (due to the way some data may need to be accessed such as in a large-enough amount at a single given time). Given many software needs for RAM I'd recommend setting the upper limit of your paging file to at 8GB. Paging is used in Windows for other things as well. I wouldn't give it more than 8GB though, no reasonable benefit. (More == less chance of anything running out of memory but paging can be harder on a HDD, ESPECIALLY SSDs/NVMes, try NEVER to use paging with them or you'll shorten their lifespan!!!) More info:

TLDR:TLDR: Get more RAM.
Frag... should know it, anyway thanks for answer also, I reassembly my old rig and yeah it run on 12gb ram without GPU (DDR3 and my new rig use ddr4)
I did currently debating buying another 3 ram stick or new GPU

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Frag... should know it, anyway thanks for answer also, I reassembly my old rig and yeah it run on 12gb ram without GPU (DDR3 and my new rig use ddr4)
I did currently debating buying another 3 ram stick or new GPU
Even dedicated non-internal (add-in/external) GPUs share in rig RAM even if they have their own on-board RAM. Much more reasonably though as OS can simply share less (though there is a minimal amount) with the GPU in moments of dire need and GPU performance can suffer but still, more RAM. Any new rig built or bought should run 16GB to be comfortable. If you're going to develop games, 16GB becomes a minimum for things like Unreal. I use 2x4K monitors and 1x1K (1080p) drawing, 128GB (8x16GB) DDR4 2933 CL14 with Ryzen 2950 16C32T@4GHz (all) and 2 x RX 5700 XT(X) (aka 50th Anniversary, cross-flashed actually) and 3x2TB NVMes RAID 0. GPUs have 8GB each on their own but can both draw up to another 8GB each depending on what kind of particle crap I'm developing in Unreal. (I do things oddly to test certain parameters to forcibly cause these situations though). I can't even open my projects on my 32GB laptop because I use nothing but 4K textures and a lot of stuff that just eats RAM, on purpose.
As for buying RAM...try not to mix kits if you can. Always try to buy in whole batches. Manufacturing differences, even flat-out SPD changes can muck timings and create issues or default things to terrible stock speeds. I can understand needing to buy kits at different times, we aren't all well off to afford a lot. (Despite what others might think, I'm dirt poor. Don't ask how I afford things... :'()

Last edited:
May 2, 2018
If anyone wants to cheat their MC / start characters max points without the difficulty tax (or go higher than the game allows..)
If you have cheat engine, you can do the above by:
Step 0 Cheat engine details: Scan type - Exact Scan (default) and value type 4 Bytes (default) - if you haven't messed with your CE it should be on this already.

Step 1: attach that to the Portals process (fairly obvious if you're familiar, but I'll include it to be safe)
Step 2: get to the difficulty screen of a new game where you decide start points - make sure both are set to 20.
Step 3: Search for "20" in the value bar of cheat engine - you'll get a lot of results, that's fine.
Step 4: adjust both in-game values, I'm going to say to 30 as an example but any non-20 value works
Step 5: Search for the new value 30 (or whatever you chose) and you'll have fewer results.
Step 6: Repeat the above by either going back to 20 or picking a new number and searching again.
Step 7: After repeating this enough (If done correctly) you should end up with just two results that match the changes you keep making, these are your point values.
Step 8: This is the hopefully obvious bit, but just change each one to a different value in-game (10 for MC, 20 for other chars, or other separate values.) so that you can tell them apart in cheat engine.

You should now know which is which, and you can edit the value assigned to those to cheat your max points to your preference.
If you double click on the values in the search, you'll be able to add them to the bottom section of cheat engine and save them as a cheat table if you want to - I'd suggest naming the values if you do that to make things easier on yourself.

This does definitely work on v14.0.1, as I've just done it before typing this, with proof attached.
It did also work on v13 iterations. Make sure to adjust the max point values AFTER you finish in the difficulty screen - going back into it will revert your change to whatever the in-game setting says it is and you'll have to edit the value again (and likely complain that this doesn't work :ROFLMAO:)

Apologies for anyone who finds the instructions are super basic as well - I'm just trying to make this as basic as possible so anyone who searches for "cheat engine / Points" Etc can understand it.

The method should remain the same, so other people can use the instructions for any future versions, hopefully.

Additional notes for prospective cheaters: ( AS USUAL, BACK UP YOUR SAVE IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE EFFECTS OF YOUR CHANGE)

You can use to quickly modify some values of your save. There are quite a lot of values in there, fair warning in advance.
If you try the above but can't find anything of value: here are a few potentially useful lines (Try ctrl+F on the save edit page and then searching for one of the terms in BOLD below)

difficulty > daysToCompleteKingsQuests - what it says on the tin really, number of days left is the value.

hasCheated - Simple on/off toggle for if your save has used the in game cheats. You can make use of the in-game cheats and then simply edit it off here. If you're not familiar with the in game cheats, they are in the very first post - so I'm not going to cover those here. Valid values for this, simply 1 or 0.

stash > money / food / stone / wood / crystals - The resource amounts you have stored at home ready to use - if you are for some reason adverse to using the in-game cheats but comfortable using this save editor. Number is just how much you have of that specific one.

Difficulty Settings Related:
I believe both of these have 0 as the safest setting (No penalties on combat death / Unlimited save, respectively.) - If I am wrong, correct me so I can update.

difficulty > deathPenaltyType > value - with each value corresponding to a different difficulty level for the death setting, useful if you want to pump your difficulty % up without any real hindrance caused by it - why you'd want to do that outside of meeting the 100% difficulty required for unlocks I don't know, but you do you.

difficulty > saveType > value - Same deal as the above but with the save type difficulty setting instead of death type.

Last edited:
Reactions: yoyomistro

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
If anyone wants to cheat their MC / start characters max points without the difficulty tax (or go higher than the game allows..)
If you have cheat engine, you can do the above by:
Step 0 Cheat engine details: Scan type - Exact Scan (default) and value type 4 Bytes (default) - if you haven't messed with your CE it should be on this already.
Your CT won't work for anyone, including yourself (unless you disabled ASLR which means most software won't work on your PC properly anyway because of compiler changes to help enforce ASLR). ASLR is on by default (and should be) and will change addresses of almost all software ON EACH LAUNCH. It's to help against malware mostly. That being said, on-top of that you have Unity using C# which is is also dynamic (so any time a variable is released/freed/deleted and then created it will be at a new location in memory). CTs are useless here unless you're doing aobscanning and keep it updated per release which is nothing but time consuming and very difficult to maintain because everything is then an offset based on a hopeful aobscan. Don't bother with CTs for Unity-compiled stuff unless you know what you're doing (sorry, you don't). Oh and some values in PoP are float. You need to remove your CT or people will end up overwriting random memory locations in their instances of PoP and they could ruin their saves.

As for the first half of everything you posted, this should be obvious to anyone who has ever used Cheat Engine to understand but good on you explaining anyway. For those who haven't: CE's installer contains malicious software (malware) and should not be used. This is a long-standing issue with CE. Quote from CE's Download Page:

Code:
"This installer makes use of the installcore software recomendation pluginNote: Some anti-virus programs mistakenly pick up parts of Cheat Engine as a trojan/virus. If encountering trouble while installing, or cheat engine is not functional, disable your anti-virus before installing or running Cheat Engine(More info on this particular problem can be found here)

For those that want to have Cheat engine Setup without any extra software recomendation during install, then join CE's patreon and download using this link and you'll get a clean install file, and if you wish to have the raw files without any configuration of file access permission by the setup click here. Do keep in mind that you need to add the windows app user account to the dll's else dll injection will fail in UWP apps ".
It is NOT a mistake that AVs flag CE's installer. InstallCore is malware because of its behavior. It does not allow you to skip installing their garbage. The author has explained that THEY DO NOT CARE what happens to you, they care only about the income (money). But you can get a malware-free installer by joining their Patreon. Horrible person. Anyway...you can use the clean stand-alone version by clicking on "here" on the download page. The file name will be "CheatEngineX.X_MissingSetup.rar" where X.X is any current version. Read the page to determine where.

By the way, regardless of anything, if the Difficulty isn't 100% or higher, a lot of things get disabled (including achievements).

I'd also recommend dropping rar and using 7z. Better compression, free and open-source, plus 7zip supports rar as well.

Last edited:
May 2, 2018
I'll avoid quoting because we're obviously going to be pushing page size in that scenario;
On the cheat table note: Yeah, I was in a rush prior to posting unfortunately so I never got around to checking if Portals didn't brick the table immediately on reloading - having checked now it doesn't work on re-usage so I'll pull it in a moment. Lack of diligence on that one, though the rush did kinda mess me over. My original plan was simply the instructions (How-to edit) and fell to scope creep to try to help more with said limited timeframe.

Certainly my mistake on that one, reasons for it aside - though if I may make a recommendation - the in brackets comment comes across as somewhat snappy to my eyes at least. That's perfectly fine if its intended, can't say I'm bothered so, you do you - just if it is not intended that way, might want to be careful with that.

On the first half note, It would be obvious to those with experience, yes. Though I'm guessing from the modding tag you yourself are also quite familiar with the fact the majority of players typically want to have either a) any extra resources being entirely pre-made or b) a simple step by step process to do it themselves. At least thats been entirely my experience with game modification so far.

Solid shout on the CE Installer, it certainly isn't ideal - probably should have mentioned being careful with CE myself in case anyone grabbed it to try purely because of the post. Though I guess a mixture of the prior mentioned time restriction + misplaced assumption of the people who'd try it out first time's level of competence.

Difficulty does influence the unlock system yes, though you can use simply set the char / mc points to literally 0 at the end of your time in the difficulty screen when you have the values pinned and gain full benefit by modifying them afterwards - while the game will believe you're playing with the difficulty % bonus from no points (or indeed whatever the setting was on when you left). I know I made some unfortunately amateur mistakes in there and all but I have booted the game more than once before - perhaps surprisingly. Just not enough today to recheck the table, evidently.

The .rar was less a choice and more simply a right click > archive > default settings thing at the time, - as mentioned, hadn't planned on adding the table so it was a last minute affair, hence the mistakes. Not that the file compression really makes a huge difference when the file size is this small, but I'll swap over now while I remember.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Snappy? Not my intention. Not going to be careful though. (Not that I'm trying to be mean either though.) Pretty much burnt out on going out of my own way to be/sound nice, I can come off blunt as a result. Consequences are whatever.

No worries though, I've rushed things in my time, even these days. More or less burnt out to the point of throwing something out there and walking away so I get that.

There is more that Difficulty affects that just that but I am far too lazy today to do a dump of code and interpret. As for the game keeping addresses the same, that should not at all be possible considering all of it is C#. Even with ASLR disabled you'd get new addresses every time. I've re-loaded a process and gotten the same values but they were pointing to something else entirely, just coincidence.

Yeah I only mentioned the 7z thing as a quick info drop. I'll admit 7z has more convoluted menu options first-hand and most prefer WinRAR's simpler menus. I've often wanted customized 7z menus that assume one or two formats. And yeah, compression on a <1KB file means little, I agree. I've seen some people on these forums upload 4GB and I've managed to compress some down to 500-700MB using 7z. Just a habit I've gotten into.

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
Step 0 -> Step 8
There's a saying I like: "Give a man a fish he'll starve tomorrow. Teach him how to fish you'll feed him for a lifetime"
It's almost always better to tell how to reach a goal, than to share the result.
There's a more simple way in this case; PoP stores how many points were allocated. Spend 30 points on each character, search for 30, etc. The last 3 results can be set to zero when you're done editing your chars.

BupoTiling03-Retired you say good things. I was unaware of the CE issue; that's a shame, it's one of the oldest projects around :cry:

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
There's a saying I like: "Give a man a fish he'll starve tomorrow. Teach him how to fish you'll feed him for a lifetime"
It's almost always better to tell how to reach a goal, than to share the result.
There's a more simple way in this case; PoP stores how many points were allocated. Spend 30 points on each character, search for 30, etc. The last 3 results can be set to zero when you're done editing your chars.

BupoTiling03-Retired you say good things. I was unaware of the CE issue; that's a shame, it's one of the oldest projects around :cry:
Number of results will change for users depending on far too many factors for me to list here. As for teaching people, they don't give a damn anymore, they're just gimmies that "want" everything for as little effort as possible. All over the forum, teachers and content creators are being insulted if they don't just make the content easily available or understood...y'know what, icbf to type stuff out, nvm.

*Edit* CE has always been this way. Most people don't care to learn and comprehend so they just mimic instructions. That's why the vast majority don't know about CE. Hell, CE's own download page tells people it uses InstallCore and yet people still don't know. Disheartening demonstration of the average.

Last edited:

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Your CT won't work for anyone, including yourself (unless you disabled ASLR which means most software won't work on your PC properly anyway because of compiler changes to help enforce ASLR). ASLR is on by default (and should be) and will change addresses of almost all software ON EACH LAUNCH. It's to help against malware mostly. That being said, on-top of that you have Unity using C# which is is also dynamic (so any time a variable is released/freed/deleted and then created it will be at a new location in memory). CTs are useless here unless you're doing aobscanning and keep it updated per release which is nothing but time consuming and very difficult to maintain because everything is then an offset based on a hopeful aobscan. Don't bother with CTs for Unity-compiled stuff unless you know what you're doing (sorry, you don't). Oh and some values in PoP are float. You need to remove your CT or people will end up overwriting random memory locations in their instances of PoP and they could ruin their saves.

As for the first half of everything you posted, this should be obvious to anyone who has ever used Cheat Engine to understand but good on you explaining anyway. For those who haven't: CE's installer contains malicious software (malware) and should not be used. This is a long-standing issue with CE. Quote from CE's Download Page:

Code:
"This installer makes use of the installcore software recomendation pluginNote: Some anti-virus programs mistakenly pick up parts of Cheat Engine as a trojan/virus. If encountering trouble while installing, or cheat engine is not functional, disable your anti-virus before installing or running Cheat Engine(More info on this particular problem can be found here)

For those that want to have Cheat engine Setup without any extra software recomendation during install, then join CE's patreon and download using this link and you'll get a clean install file, and if you wish to have the raw files without any configuration of file access permission by the setup click here. Do keep in mind that you need to add the windows app user account to the dll's else dll injection will fail in UWP apps ".
It is NOT a mistake that AVs flag CE's installer. InstallCore is malware because of its behavior. It does not allow you to skip installing their garbage. The author has explained that THEY DO NOT CARE what happens to you, they care only about the income (money). But you can get a malware-free installer by joining their Patreon. Horrible person. Anyway...you can use the clean stand-alone version by clicking on "here" on the download page. The file name will be "CheatEngineX.X_MissingSetup.rar" where X.X is any current version. Read the page to determine where.

By the way, regardless of anything, if the Difficulty isn't 100% or higher, a lot of things get disabled (including achievements).

I'd also recommend dropping rar and using 7z. Better compression, free and open-source, plus 7zip supports rar as well.
I was gonna point out what you said about the cheat table, it didn't look like they found the actual pointers, but they described the process for finding the temporary address each game so I thought that was worth a like. But yea don't use cheat tables unless they find the pointers that write to the memory address. And ditto everything about 7zip, I'm always telling people to ditch winRAR, hasn't been any good compared to 7zip for at least 9 years. Never had any issues with the CE installer though, maybe I missed something. I haven't seen any services changed or programs I didn't want as a result of installing it.

Always appreciate the technical help you provide in this thread. The game has way too much of a learning curve for me to get into, but I like the art and the discussion here so I lurk lol. Yea, people want to be handheld even in the simplest Ren'Py games that you could open up all the scripts in notepad and figure things out, but I tune the people out who ruin discussions with repetitive begging and try to find the people who are interested in the game systems/scripts/etc. Unless they're derailing then I get a bit snappy lol.

May 2, 2018
@BupoTiling You do you, my dude. I just figured I'd mention in case you would have wanted to adjust. Never know how other people will end up reading your typing style beforehand, after all. I've had a few similar interpretations of my own before so I get it.

To the two comments on the temporary pointers / other potential ways of doing the same thing - to be fair, as long as you have a reliably working method that survives across multiple patches, I don't think you need much more at least for editing your character design points - after all, you are only doing it once a new save and the game can go on for some time so - how long are you spending creating new ones realistically? My experience anyway, I usually go for very long games.

I mostly wanted to provide some kind of functional method that people could follow to give their MC a boost because I know as someone who plays Prince at least, I bounced off the game 2-3 times before I managed to actually get into it and enjoy a long game. Providing some method of cheating yourself to be stronger can help at least help break that early barrier and get more people into the game as a result - which the author does deserve imo, very solid game. That said, judging by some of the Prince feedback in this thread, that may be a somewhat common experience which is a bit of an issue.

In regards to difficulty... I know there's the hard 100% barrier that influences unlocking combined races etc at the start, as well as traits and the like. I'm not sure if the number itself has any scaling effects beyond being the sum total of all the difficulty options that are obviously contributing to it that you've selected. I'd be curious to know if that value is actively checked by the game as well (per portal generation, for example) or if it's just something that is checked once at game start and that's it to act as a one-off on/off switch for unlocks etc and that's all.

You can modify the difficulty total number in the online save editor I mentioned as well, so if it IS actively checked by the game, that could be useful.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
I was gonna point out what you said about the cheat table, it didn't look like they found the actual pointers, but they described the process for finding the temporary address each game so I thought that was worth a like. But yea don't use cheat tables unless they find the pointers that write to the memory address. And ditto everything about 7zip, I'm always telling people to ditch winRAR, hasn't been any good compared to 7zip for at least 9 years. Never had any issues with the CE installer though, maybe I missed something. I haven't seen any services changed or programs I didn't want as a result of installing it.

Always appreciate the technical help you provide in this thread. The game has way too much of a learning curve for me to get into, but I like the art and the discussion here so I lurk lol. Yea, people want to be handheld even in the simplest Ren'Py games that you could open up all the scripts in notepad and figure things out, but I tune the people out who ruin discussions with repetitive begging and try to find the people who are interested in the game systems/scripts/etc. Unless they're derailing then I get a bit snappy lol.
Pointer CTs are usually a much better option but in cases with languages like C# (or anything similar) you won't be able to (okay technically possible but it is much more difficult because of layers of abstraction and literal structure offsetting you need to know about and far too high-maintenance, and I'm not talking about aobscanning though it sounds like it). For stuff like this, aobscanning is the way to go but you still need to be prepared for structure changes. I usually just make Trainers that Reflect the code to grab accurate info and it almost always works even across updates. Only API changes affect things.
@BupoTiling You do you, my dude. I just figured I'd mention in case you would have wanted to adjust. Never know how other people will end up reading your typing style beforehand, after all. I've had a few similar interpretations of my own before so I get it.

To the two comments on the temporary pointers / other potential ways of doing the same thing - to be fair, as long as you have a reliably working method that survives across multiple patches, I don't think you need much more at least for editing your character design points - after all, you are only doing it once a new save and the game can go on for some time so - how long are you spending creating new ones realistically? My experience anyway, I usually go for very long games.

I mostly wanted to provide some kind of functional method that people could follow to give their MC a boost because I know as someone who plays Prince at least, I bounced off the game 2-3 times before I managed to actually get into it and enjoy a long game. Providing some method of cheating yourself to be stronger can help at least help break that early barrier and get more people into the game as a result - which the author does deserve imo, very solid game. That said, judging by some of the Prince feedback in this thread, that may be a somewhat common experience which is a bit of an issue.

In regards to difficulty... I know there's the hard 100% barrier that influences unlocking combined races etc at the start, as well as traits and the like. I'm not sure if the number itself has any scaling effects beyond being the sum total of all the difficulty options that are obviously contributing to it that you've selected. I'd be curious to know if that value is actively checked by the game as well (per portal generation, for example) or if it's just something that is checked once at game start and that's it to act as a one-off on/off switch for unlocks etc and that's all.

You can modify the difficulty total number in the online save editor I mentioned as well, so if it IS actively checked by the game, that could be useful.
My style used to be sickly nice and kind, etc. Barely willing to try anymore. See above about pointer-scans (won't work for C# even on same build, every process start == random addresses, etc, use aobscanning).
Difficulty affects many things including Portals, too numerous to count, but most-critical for completionists would be the unlocks. I already gave a binary for allowing cheating without being marked cheater (allows achievements AND cheating). I don't play adult games, I just crack'em or fix'em or debug issues. Ending up making another version which allows all achievements, unlocks everything by default and allows MC teleports home without losing anything. Completionists satisfied I guess. Never uploaded, just shared with specific people.

Reactions: yoyomistro

rgotaku

Dec 13, 2017
When I press "Confirm/Start" after character creation, halfway through the loading screen, an error occurs :

"Fatal Error in gc: Too many heap sections".

Are there any solutions to this?

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
When I press "Confirm/Start" after character creation, halfway through the loading screen, an error occurs :

"Fatal Error in gc: Too many heap sections".

Are there any solutions to this?
...Read above where I already mentioned heap stuff. Get more RAM.

Keros

Jun 2, 2017
I believe this the most convoluted game on this site. Absolutely stuffed with things to do. And a time limit on things that make you fail the game... Swing and a miss...

Take that part out, it'd be pretty epic.

aspar4gus

Mar 27, 2019
I believe this the most convoluted game on this site. Absolutely stuffed with things to do. And a time limit on things that make you fail the game... Swing and a miss...

That's possible to do actually, i've done it before: first i downloaded the 100% unlockables file and then setup a custom game setting that basically take out the time limit & challenges.. and voila! a sandbox game i can play on my leisure

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018

If you download the patched DLLs I uploaded you can cheat without without being marked a cheater. You can also unlock everything as you wish. Set no time limit and then issue the story command. Remember King challenges though.

Reactions: aspar4gus

SummerChu

Oct 5, 2019
About the patched DLL, a feature of entering "cheat mode" on has you able to spawn a creature from the gallery. Since you never enter "cheat mode" with the patched DLL, you do not have access to spawning.

Also, about the talk on CTs, I think I was able to make a working pointer CT for my own computer. I won't upload it, in case I messed up horribly, or someone else doesn't know how to use it, but, at least for this game, in this version, it is possible. At least, with huge limitations.

4.10 star(s) 79 Votes